The Bible & Science on a Spherical Earth (Flat Earth Refuted)

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,656.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
upload_2018-3-13_9-48-34.png

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,656.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Please check out my other new thread that has a better compiled list of Biblical and Scientific evidences in refuting a Flat Earth.

A New Biblical & Scientific Refutation of a Flat Earth!

Side Note:

You said the "world may not be flat." So what do you believe the Earth is then? A square? Please take note that some people do believe that kind of un-Science.
I'm not going to get into another debate about scripture stating that the earth is flat or a ball.

It embarrasses me when Christians warp scripture in order to comply with the atheistic, Evolutionary Darwinian and pseudo sciences of today, in order to appease their lack of ability to believe that what God said in His word has nothing to do with what a bunch of men, who consider themselves to be wise, say.

Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
Also, the moons shadow, on the earth, during a solar eclipse should be bigger than the moon itself. Unless you can show me, in any other case, where a light, behind an object, creates a shadow that is smaller than the object itself.

You don't seem to understand the umbra and penumbra and the relative sizes of the sun, the earth and the moon. The diagram below might help.

eclipse_diagram_lunar_vs_solar.jpg

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,316.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I'm not going to get into another debate about scripture stating that the earth is flat or a ball.

If you believe in the popular Flat Earth model (with the sun moving like this):

92c7dbb02ab9bff27bca31c55a986659.gif

Then this is what it would look like from the ground:

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

But that is not what we see.

Also, you should be aware that if you are still pushing or supporting a flat Earth belief (even after me showing you the truth), you are creating an unnecessary offense that can turn people away from hearing the truth of God's Word.

You said:
It embarrasses me when Christians warp scripture in order to comply with the atheistic, Evolutionary Darwinian and pseudo sciences of today, in order to appease their lack of ability to believe that what God said in His word has nothing to do with what a bunch of men, who consider themselves to be wise, say.

I don't believe in Macro-Evolution or an Old Earth. The Flat Earth belief is easily refuted by basic Science tests that even a child can figure out. I believe it is psychological why people believe in something that deals with unreality. Maybe life was hard on them in some way or the government had hurt or disapponted them somehow, so seeking something that is fictional gives them comfort or makes them feel special or better. But we should not allow our emotions to guide our critical thinking when it comes to observable Science and or the truth of God's Word.

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,656.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
You don't seem to understand the umbra and penumbra and the relative sizes of the sun, the earth and the moon. The diagram below might help.

eclipse_diagram_lunar_vs_solar.jpg
Actually, I have seen this diagram before. It's not your fault for posting it, as it is presented to actually be true.

However, at the distance of 93,000 miles away, the suns light would not converge on the moon and the earth...

In fact, all rays of light from the sun would be parallel. How would the rays converge and then diverge right at the moon... This is an example of how people see something and accept it as fact when it is in all actuality..... wrong.

The diagram you are showing, actually would be more true in the FE model. Even though the fact that solar and lunar eclipses have nothing to do with Flat or Ball earth.. They are just blatantly impossible for the model presented to us by the sciences.

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,656.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
If you believe in the popular Flat Earth model (with the sun moving like this):

92c7dbb02ab9bff27bca31c55a986659.gif

Then this is what it would look like from the ground:

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

But that is not what we see.

Also, you should be aware that if you are still pushing or supporting a flat Earth belief (even after me showing you the truth), you are creating an unnecessary offense that can turn people away from hearing the truth of God's Word.

I don't believe in Macro-Evolution or an Old Earth. The Flat Earth belief is easily refuted by basic Science tests that even a child can figure out. I believe it is psychological why people believe in something that deals with unreality. Maybe life was hard on them in some way or the government had hurt or disapponted them somehow, so seeking something that is fictional gives them comfort or makes them feel special or better. But we should not allow our emotions to guide our critical thinking when it comes to observable Science and or the truth of God's Word.
Your video of presenting the sun over the FE, if it were the correct model, is in error. The simple fact that the sun would only illuminate a portion of the earths surface as it moved around. This is obvious in your first slide as you can see the light and dark parts of the surface.

The FE model demands a small and very close sun. It would be like turning the lights out in a room, pointing a flashlight at the floor from about 5 inches and moving it across the floor. Only a small portion of the floor in the room would have light.

Someone has gone to a lot of trouble yet their presentation is incorrect.

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,656.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
If the sun set on a Flat Earth, it would look like this:

giphy.gif

And there would be a period of darkness for the entire world until the sun came back up.
Well, that's a "he said, she said" as there are many models of the actuality of the movement of the sun on the supposed flat earth that are much different than yours.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,316.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Your video of presenting the sun over the FE, if it were the correct model, is in error. The simple fact that the sun would only illuminate a portion of the earths surface as it moved around. This is obvious in your first slide as you can see the light and dark parts of the surface.

The FE model demands a small and very close sun. It would be like turning the lights out in a room, pointing a flashlight at the floor from about 5 inches and moving it across the floor. Only a small portion of the floor in the room would have light.

Someone has gone to a lot of trouble yet their presentation is incorrect.

The representation is a 3D computer generated model based off your own flat Earth. There are points of darkness in this world (by which you can see, but you will always see the sun high up in the sky rotating in a circle). If the sun actually set below the horizon line or the sea level on a flat disk, you would have a period of darkness. It is scary you are not grasping this concept.

• Agree
Reactions: Netgear
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,316.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Well, that's a "he said, she said" as there are many models of the actuality of the movement of the sun on the supposed flat earth that are much different than yours.

Look. Buy a pizza. Get a flash light out. Put the flash light at the edge your pizza acting like the sun is setting on our Earth. What happens when you take the flash light and you drop it below the pizza? The whole top part of the pizza is dark.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,656.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
The representation is a 3D computer generated model based off your own flat Earth. There are points of darkness in this world (by which you can see, but you will always see the sun high up in the sky rotating in a circle). If the sun actually set below the horizon line or the sea level on a flat disk, you would have a period of darkness. It is scary you are not grasping this concept.
I am not a FE'er. I am investigating both models and understand them or am trying to learn.

The sun cannot possibly be "visible" and not illuminate the area. It goes so far away that it is no longer visible and, due to perspective, sets.

If you look on the net, you will see videos of the sun setting that show the track of an arc... How does this happen on a globe that is spinning?

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,656.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Look. Buy a pizza. Get a flash light out. Put the flash light at the edge your pizza acting like the sun is setting on our Earth. What happens when you take the flash light and you drop it below the pizza? The whole top part of the pizza is dark.
Look, the sun doesn't go below the edge of the FE model....The disk is huge, compared to the sun and it is small and close... Just keep looking, instead of trying to find those examples that debunk the FE try to find some that you can watch that support it so that you learn what they are actually trying to say instead of what Globe believers are trying to point out as wrong by twisting it.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Ya, I've seen a lunar eclipse....Did you know that these can happen with the sun totally visible...

Now, the spin doctors will tell you that it is an illusion of refraction. Just like the picture of Chicago was a mirage...

Give me a break. The sun cannot be visible while the moon is covered in the earths shadow.

Also, the moons shadow, on the earth, during a solar eclipse should be bigger than the moon itself. Unless you can show me, in any other case, where a light, behind an object, creates a shadow that is smaller than the object itself.

Not to mention that it should move from east to west, not west to east....

But, all the sheeple will settle for the explanation of academia... just because it satisfies their need to keep their neat little world just as it has been since they were in kindergarten. You would not want to bring facts and logic into this nice little broken package that we are fed.

People.... wake up. The world may not be flat.... but something is wrong with the garbage that they have been feeding us about the world and universe that we live in.

Think, think, think... for yourselves and don't let them keep giving you wooden nickles and using two headed coins....We are being lied to.

Regardless of how you think the shadow comes about---it is visible to the unaided human eye and it is definitely not flat.

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,656.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Regardless of how you think the shadow comes about---it is visible to the unaided human eye and it is definitely not flat.
So, explain how I can see the sun and the moon is totally covered by the shadow of the earth from the light of the sun? How do you explain this impossibility?

Also, explain how the moon is the only object, ever, to cast a shadow which is smaller than itself.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,316.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Look, the sun doesn't go below the edge of the FE model....The disk is huge, compared to the sun and it is small and close... Just keep looking, instead of trying to find those examples that debunk the FE try to find some that you can watch that support it so that you learn what they are actually trying to say instead of what Globe believers are trying to point out as wrong by twisting it.

The size of the pizza does not change how light would react with it unless you believe that the light source is so small that only one part of the Earth sees a sun setting. If you drop a flashlight below the edge of a pizza, the whole top part of the pizza is going to go dark. Meaning, the whole world would be in darkness. But this is not what we observe. How do you visualize a Flat Earth with a sun? What does it look like? Is that what we see from the Earth? Does the sun rotate above a flat Earth in a circle like pattern? Or does the sun drop below the flat disk?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,316.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
So, explain how I can see the sun and the moon is totally covered by the shadow of the earth from the light of the sun? How do you explain this impossibility?

Also, explain how the moon is the only object, ever, to cast a shadow which is smaller than itself.

Are you talking about how people on one side of the spherical Earth can see the sun while other people on the other side of the spherical Earth can see the Earth's shadow on the moon?

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,316.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Okay. So if the sun does not go below the edge of the Flat Earth model than why does the sun appear to drop below the horizon and why does the sun appear out of the horizon (sun rise)? Again, you have to imagine yourself really small. How would things look on a flat disk with a rotating sun up high in the sky from standing on the ground? How would the sun not appear to drop below the edge of the disk if that is what it looks like it is doing on our planet when we see a sunset? This is why your Flat Earth model makes absolutely zero sense.

You have not thought about how the Flat Earth model would actually work logically in the real world.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
Actually, I have seen this diagram before. It's not your fault for posting it, as it is presented to actually be true.

However, at the distance of 93,000 miles away, the suns light would not converge on the moon and the earth...

In fact, all rays of light from the sun would be parallel. How would the rays converge and then diverge right at the moon... This is an example of how people see something and accept it as fact when it is in all actuality..... wrong.

The diagram you are showing, actually would be more true in the FE model. Even though the fact that solar and lunar eclipses have nothing to do with Flat or Ball earth.. They are just blatantly impossible for the model presented to us by the sciences.

The diagram is obviously simplified in scale because of the vast distances involved. Even at 93 million (not thousand) miles the suns rays are not absolutely parallel. Even the relative sizes of the sun, earth and moon are simplified in the diagram. The scientific model not only works but it works exceedingly well. Wishful thinking doesn't work nearly as well.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,316.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I am not a FE'er.

Well, you could have fooled me.
It sounds like you are defending a Flat Earth by speaking against a spherical Earth with what you said so far.

You said:
I am investigating both models and understand them or am trying to learn.The sun cannot possibly be "visible" and not illuminate the area. It goes so far away that it is no longer visible and, due to perspective, sets.

No. Perspective does not change the elevation on a Flat Earth model. The sun would just shrink and disappear up in the sky and then come back again (if the sun made a circle around a Flat Earth). If you ever took 3D perspective Art in a college or class, you would know that things shrink in the distance and they do not drop below the horizon just because they would get farther away. It is illogical to say otherwise.

You said:
If you look on the net, you will see videos of the sun setting that show the track of an arc...

How does this happen on a globe that is spinning?

Here is what the world would look like if the world was a ring.

ring_by_guitfiddle.jpg

Ring_World.1.jpg

We have live satellites and photos from space from NASA and private companies. I am not a Scientist, but I know enough by other observable evidences that the Earth is a sphere. There is no question about that. It would be totally silly to assume we are on a flat Earth. That is just not what we see from the ground. If we are to believe the Flat Earth model, we would have to see a sun rotating up in circular fashion up high in the sky with it never dropping below the horizon line. If the sun did drop below the horizon, the whole world would experience darkness. This should not be hard to grasp this basic concept. Make two models of the Earth and get a toy light. Buy a 3D program and see what a Flat Earth model would look like from the ground perspective if you were small. I believe it is dishonest to not attempt to try and make a model so as to resolve this. I have seen Flat Earthers cheat using their model. They will add things like mirrors and stuff into their model when no such mirror exists in reality. Just go off of the light and the model of the Earth. Experiment with a flat Earth and then experiment with a round Earth. It should be that simple. Personally, I do not need a model and a light or a 3D program to figure it out. I can easily visualize it by comparing it to other things that are similar like a pizza and a flashlight.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,316.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I am not a FE'er. I am investigating both models and understand them or am trying to learn.

The sun cannot possibly be "visible" and not illuminate the area. It goes so far away that it is no longer visible and, due to perspective, sets.

If you look on the net, you will see videos of the sun setting that show the track of an arc... How does this happen on a globe that is spinning?

Stop and think for a moment. If the Earth was flat then ships would not drop below the horizon as they get farther away from you. They would just shrink. Did you know that you can see the sun set twice in one day? If you are sitting down and watching the sun set, as soon as you seen it go down, you can stand up really quick to see it set again a second time for that day. The horizon would have to be the edge of flat disk. But Flat Earthers somehow have done some kind of magic trick to fool people to think otherwise. I don't know how they do it, but it is pure silliness. Like I said, take a model and a light and go from there. I guarantee that you will be led to the truth that the Earth is clearly a sphere (By doing so).

Upvote 0