• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Featured The bible is not pratical

Discussion in 'Christian Philosophy & Ethics' started by TRVL ONE, May 17, 2019.

1. Jude1:3Contendforthefaith

Jude1:3Contendforthefaith I'm Currently An Eastern Orthodox Catechumen Supporter

+1,273
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    This also includes demon channeling freemasons, Knights Templar and occultists with in law enforcement and government agencies who channel demons, use witchcraft and demonic gifts "To See Other People's Sins". They also Burn In Hell Forever.

But the cowardly, unbelieving, abominable, murderers, sexually immoral, Sorcerers, idolaters, AND ALL LIARS Shall Have Their Part In The Lake Which Burns With Fire And Brimstone, .....
    Revelation 21:8

Now it happened, as we went to prayer, that a certain slave girl Possessed With A Spirit Of Divination met us, who brought her masters much profit by fortune-telling. This girl followed Paul and us, and cried out, saying, "These men are the servants of the Most High God, who proclaim to us the way of salvation." And this she did for many days. But Paul, greatly annoyed, turned and said to the spirit, "I command you in the name of Jesus Christ to come out of her." And he came out that very hour.
    • Acts 16:16-18

Last edited: May 17, 2019
  2. SeventhFisherofMen

SeventhFisherofMen Invisible Hero Supporter

+167
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    Ya as a human being we are surrounded by such people, BUT we also can look at the Israelites in the OT who were commanded by God to live in Babylon for a time and pray for those around them.
    This is our Babylon until Christ returns to take us Home and as someone who has had personal experience working alongside such people I have found myself to be protected from such as even Satanists acknowledge God as more powerful and as having the final say in such matters.

Look to Daniel or Joseph, two successful Biblical characters who functioned around people who were pagans, they succeeded as God Blessed then AND those for whom they served.

3. topher694

topher694 Go Turtle!

+540
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    I agree that all that stuff is bad, but you seem really focused on people burning in hell rather than saving them from it.

4. Jude1:3Contendforthefaith

Jude1:3Contendforthefaith I'm Currently An Eastern Orthodox Catechumen Supporter

+1,273
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    I want them to repent and be saved.

They NEED to know where their sins will lead them.

5. topher694

topher694 Go Turtle!

+540
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Ah, well that's good. Perhaps you should mention that part then.

6. Maria Billingsley

Maria Billingsley Well-Known Member Supporter

+812
    United States
    Christian
    In Relationship
    Rahab who, although she lied when she hid Israel’s spies, was described as being “justified”.
    But on another note, if you are that person who lie's, deceives and cusses, then maybe you need to find another career rather than blame God for your bad choice.
    Blessings

7. Alithis

Alithis Disciple of Jesus .

+2,126
    New Zealand
    Christian
    Married
    This may be because a lie is to misinform with motive to harm ... Like the seepant in the garden did.
    The egyptain midwives misinformed to preserve and protect innocent babies.. God judges the heart motive

8. TRVL ONE

TRVL ONE Member

+40
    United States
    Christian
    Divorced
    No I'm not against the FBI.

9. TRVL ONE

TRVL ONE Member

+40
    United States
    Christian
    Divorced
    I wouldn't want to face God after years of sinning for the government or anything else.

10. TRVL ONE

TRVL ONE Member

+40
    United States
    Christian
    Divorced
    Where in the bible do you get your definition of what a lie is? If someone commits sexual immorality for the government is it not a sin? There are very few times in the bible that God approves of deceit. My guess is that "sinning" is not a concern for the CIA or any type of undercover work.

11. Tree of Life

Tree of Life Hide The Pain Supporter

+5,431
    United States
    Reformed
    Married
    Deceit as a strategy in warfare is perfectly acceptable in Scripture.

12. TRVL ONE

TRVL ONE Member

+40
    United States
    Christian
    Divorced
    What you're talking about is a very thin line and that line will get crossed a lot if you work for certain agencies for any government. If someone commits fornication for the government, because it is part of the work, it is still a sin. I have family that has done this, I was going to be a part of this, but I decided not too. They wanted me to have sex with people, to get close to them.

13. TRVL ONE

TRVL ONE Member

+40
    United States
    Christian
    Divorced
    With warfare I agree, God himself told the Israelites to set up an ambush. However; when you control a government so loosely that you have to sin to catch criminals, that is too much. People even have sex with people to get close to them in our government, I know because I was recruited to do this and I refused.

14. Maria Billingsley

Maria Billingsley Well-Known Member Supporter

+812
    United States
    Christian
    In Relationship
    Time for a change.

15. Jude1:3Contendforthefaith

+1,273
    United States
    Christian
    Private

Wrong.

But the cowardly, unbelieving, abominable, murderers, sexually immoral, Sorcerers, idolaters, AND ALL LIARS Shall Have Their Part In The Lake Which Burns With Fire And Brimstone, .....
    Revelation 21:8

This includes people who harass and attack someone in secret but pretend not to be, present themselves to be someone or something that they are not, etc.

It also includes those who take part in deceiving through Psyops.

16. dqhall

dqhall Well-Known Member Supporter

+1,368
    Christian
    Single
    Paul was on his way to try to arrest Christians who he thought were criminals as they did not follow some of the rules set forth by the Sanhedrin in Jerusalem. God blinded Paul on the road to Damascus (Acts 9). Paul continued as a blind man into Damascus. God then commanded a believer to lay hands on him so he could receive sight. Paul saw the light was convinced he should try to follow Jesus' example instead of serve his arrest warrants.

Hearing of the greatness of God's reward convinced four fishermen to leave their nets and follow Jesus. No court orders were required (Matt. 4:20).

17. TRVL ONE

TRVL ONE Member

+40
    United States
    Christian
    Divorced
    God tells them to deceive the opposing army.

Joshua 8:6-7

6 They will pursue us until we have lured them away from the city, for they will say, ‘They are running away from us as they did before.’ So when we flee from them,
    7 you are to rise up from ambush and take the city. The LORD your God will give it into your hand.

18. Ignatius the Kiwi

Ignatius the Kiwi Newbie

+1,130
    Eastern Orthodox
    Single
    Doing the right thing often isn't practical.

19. Jude1:3Contendforthefaith

+1,273
    United States
    Christian
    Private

Show me where in The New Testament and in The New Covenant where God tells people to lie.

Also, try giving that as an excuse at The Judgement Seat Of Christ and see how well that works out for you:

[​IMG]

20. topher694

topher694 Go Turtle!

+540
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Aaaaaaand, Repent and turn to Jesus and be saved... Cause He loves you and stuff.

(you're welcome)

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List