PNW
✟16,900.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Is Hebrews 4:12 Really talking about the book, we call the bible?

IF the bible is our answer for our spiritual life we have to then consider, what the scriptures say about the bible.

Who had the bible, and who did not have the bible.

Then we must ask which of those persons had life, true life, the kind that Jesus promises.

I submit our life and truth comes from somewhere else, the scriptures are a road map, a plumb line...

IF that is not the case God failed a huge group who never had access to God's word (that is IF the bible is your definition of the word of God).

1). Did any of the masses have access to the bible (scriptures) in the Old Testament? NO!

2). Did any of the masses in the New Testament have access to the bible? NO!

*Could the masses read the bible if they had one? NO!

3). How many after the Resurrection, thru the dark ages had access to the bible and could read it? ZERO!

4). How many countries had "LIMITED" access to copies of the O.T. bible, in their own language? Only Israel!

5). When did, the bible become available in English, the language of the masses? The mid 1550's! How many people were literate? Hardly none!

6). When was the printing press created? 1440!

* SO basically, the masses (those that could read) have had a bible available to them for the last 500 yrs...

* Man, has a history that spans approx. 6000 years minus 500 years...

*So, for 5500 years' man was without the word of god...IS THAT WHAT YOU'RE TELLING ME?

(It is important to note the verses in the Bible had not yet been written yet)

Instead the Bible tells us that "All Scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness; so, that the man of God may be adequate, equipped for every good work." (2 Timothy 3:16-17) and that Jesus is "The Word of God." (Rev 19:13)

An example of the spoken word can be found in Rev 12:11

"And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death."

Rodo7777777

Jun 26, 2017
PNW
✟16,900.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think the bible (The scriptures) are from God, and contain his word, and they are true.

They are the words of God...Spoken to others in time past, and written down for us...

BUT the bible describes itself as the scriptures, and it describes something else too...

In several verses it proclaims something, and we read it and never quite see it, but it's there in full bloom...It's something different than the scriptures that we see described.

It's something that is so important to have operating in our lives, so that WE like those written about in the bible, can look each other, and say “I too have experienced that the same thing”.

What is that thing that we need to experience?

It's "THE WORD"...

It's spoken about in Gen 1, John 1, and Hebrews 4:12...

We see it described in Acts...

Peter says it happened to him, the word came to him and said rise and eat....

Phillip had the experience when the word came and told him to join himself to the chariot...

It happened to Paul when it knocked him off his horse...

And this very thing we are discussing is named for us in Revelation 19:13: "And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood”: and his name is called “The Word of God."

He is NOT the bible, and the bible is NOT Him.

Upvote 0

keras

Writer of studies on Bible prophecy
Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,818.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Read Romans 1:19-32 & Romans 2:12-16
The Bible is not a absolute requirement for salvation. We all have a conscience and even cavemen know it's wrong to kill and steal, etc.
But those that do have the Bible, have a greater responsibility and will be judged more severely if they transgress the Laws as Written.

Reactions: Biblewriter
Upvote 0

frienden thalord

Apr 9, 2017
texas
✟59,367.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
So many don't believe in spiritual discernment.
but I knew what I knew when I answered your last post.
And no matter what I say, you wont reiceve it.
However, I must try.
Yes the bible contains the actual words of GOD
and it is how we test all things against.
THE HOLY SCRIPS make us wise unto salvation through faith in Christ .
LET he who will reiceve it , receive it.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Is Hebrews 4:12 Really talking about the book, we call the bible?
I don't know about what you call the Bible,
but
of TORAH, YHWH'S WORD, PSALMS< PROPHETS> AND NEW TESTAMENT,
yes, HEBREWS 4:12 is what YHWH HIMSELF says about the BIBLE.
As He Makes His Will Known to men.

IF that is not the case God failed a huge group who never had access to God's word (that is IF the bible is your definition of the word of God).
No. That's apparently your understanding, and perhaps someone else's understanding and even their teaching,
but if so, that is wrong and in error, and not at all in line with YHWH'S WORD (SCRIPTURE).

Upvote 0

Winken

Heimat
Site Supporter
Sep 24, 2010
✟168,847.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I do not carry a Bible 24/7, yet I know the Word (Jesus) and I read His Truth. I can lead anyone who will listen to salvation by Grace through Faith simply by talking (witnessing). I can witness throughout the day and evening without opening the Bible. Yet I will never be without it for Bible study.

Reactions: Godlovesmetwo
Upvote 0

stealthsaint

NIGHTHAWK 777
Jul 30, 2010
Kelowna: British Columbia
✟12,019.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
but

No. That's apparently your understanding, and perhaps someone else's understanding and even their teaching,
but if so, that is wrong and in error, and not at all in line with YHWH'S WORD (SCRIPTURE).
Lord gave me a vision in a prayer meeting of my Bible in a dark room on a table under a light. My bible is in a black case and I noticed the case was expanding up and down as If it was breathing. The scripture came to me that "all sripture is God breathed . . . . ". Lord gave me the understanding that it Is able to breath out life as we come to it for fresh revelation through meditation. The life breathed in will breath out the deeper meaning of the words on the paper. We too often read and rely on our own understanding for interpretation, when are to trust in :Lord to reveal the Bibles hidden mysteries, that only come through waiting on Him. This is how it works for me and that is all I can testify to.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Godlovesmetwo

Fringe Catholic
Mar 16, 2016
Antwerp
✟17,860.00
Country
Djibouti
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
Lord forgive me for expressing doubt about whether the whole Bible is indeed Holy Spirit inspired. Just some of it seems irrelevant to your love. Because I don't understand it's significance?

Upvote 0

frienden thalord

Apr 9, 2017
texas
✟59,367.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
but

Any who loves sin will believe anything that lets them feel saved.
Gods word has to be seen as in error to them. They desire a god
that embraces them and their deisres as is. and so they invent one.
and go about then attacking any thing to do with truth
so they can have more people agree with their god and so
their conscious wont feel convicted . I have seen this for years.

Upvote 0

Rodo7777777

Jun 26, 2017
PNW
✟16,900.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Lord forgive me for expressing doubt about whether the whole Bible is indeed Holy Spirit inspired. Just some of it seems irrelevant to your love. Because I don't understand it's significance?

Ever met someone who thought they knew you or understood what you said, only to find by their comment they did not understand what you had said?

This is your case with me...Yet I agree with EVERYTHING YOU WROTE about the bible in your post...

I am trying to get you to see, the bible is describing 2 things NOT 1.

It describes itself, and yet describes something else, too.

Here look at it this way... In Genesis CH 1, John CH 1, and Hebrews 4:12 we see the same thing being described, the spoken word. In the OT we read the following "The word of the Lord came unto Jeremiah".
I am sure what came to the prophet, was not leather bound.

God spoke, God speaks, and God speaks thru His son, and Jesus says "Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds out of the mouth of God"... God's word is life, this word was spoken, and after that it was written, and is still effectual, but the fact remains God has interacted with men, even when there was no bible.

Reactions: PeaceJoyLove
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Rodo7777777

Jun 26, 2017
PNW
✟16,900.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I remember the first time that the bible came alive to me. I had come to Jesus a week before, and I didn't have a bible...

I had had 2 open visions, like Paul said "in the body or out I did not know". So I now knew Jesus was real.

So I decided I should go find a bible. I went to the bible book store, and I bought the biggest bible they had, with photos and everything. I knew nothing about different bibles, or translations.

I finally got home, followed by my mother, when she went to bed, I was sitting on the couch, and I heard a voice say to me "read Mathew 5".

I didn't even know where Mathew was, I had to look in the contents.

As soon as I started reading (I don't know if I can describe this adequately). The words seemed to leap off the pages and come alive to me, it seemed as if I even understood the deeper meaning of each word, and a great feeling of joy, and happiness seems to come with those words.

So yes I love the scriptures and believe they are from God.

Upvote 0

stealthsaint

NIGHTHAWK 777
Jul 30, 2010
Kelowna: British Columbia
✟12,019.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Lord OUR prayer is to give deeper revelation of the whole truth/meaning in Your word so as to remove all doubt and distortion of truth. That life changing revelation be given to each person seeking you in sincerity and is struggling with doubt. SINCE it comes upon all of US from time to time, help US to take all thoughts captive unto obedience with Your thoughts.
Go Lord Go! Hallelujah!!

• Winner
Reactions: Winken
Upvote 0

Winken

Heimat
Site Supporter
Sep 24, 2010
✟168,847.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Much of it is written for us; not all is written to us.

Upvote 0

mnorian

Oldbie--Eternal Optimist
In Memory Of
Mar 9, 2013
✟980,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Mod hat on
upload_2017-7-27_10-39-11.jpeg

Thread has been moved to
General Theology
from
Eschatology - Endtimes & Prophecy Forum
For a better fit.
Carry on.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Jesus says it is all YHWH BREATHED, as do with all the Apostles and Prophets and all the messengers of YHWH called and chosen by YHWH.

He also says that anyone who rejects His Word, He takes away a part or all of their reqard in life; and anyone who adds to His Word (like man's traditions always do so far in this world) HE adds to them ALL the plagues in His Word.

Upvote 0