Jackson, MS
✟49,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Divorced
The translations that are found on Biblehub can be okay for guiding a person to salvation and along the path to developmental sanctification. I guess there are some translations, like the New World (Jehovah's Witnesses) that can be suspect because it was compiled by a group that did not include any Hebrew or Greek scholars. It seems that there is a modern feminist translation that puts that slant on the message of the Bible, but one must be careful about it because one must be as true to the original languages as possible. Because the Greek has alternative meanings for some words and expressions, slight differences can occur between translations, but to say that one translation is true (as some KJV officianadoes maintain) and the others are false, is a misunderstanding of the Bible's purpose and of God's mission to the lost.

Ch. Bell

We should not preach, that one Translation is the best translation.

Upvote 0
Aug 23, 2017
North East
✟15,397.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Isaiah 11:6 "And the lion shall lay down with the lamb" is now "and the wolf shall dwell with the lamb."

lion_wolf_lamb.jpg
Be encouraged my friend, Jesus is the word and he will abide forever!
Amos 8:11: Behold, the days come, saith the Lord GOD, that I will send a famine in the land, not a famine of bread, nor a thirst for water, but of hearing the words of the LORD.
Satan is the god of this world. We are in the world but not of it. He us being allowed this for some reason. God knows and understands therefore we don't have to. The best thing we can do is develop a consistent prayer life, asking that he feed our faith and give us His perfect peace. (Isa 26:3)
God bless!

Upvote 0

Anto9us

Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2013
Texas
✟95,745.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Isa 11:6
The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the kid; and the calf and the young lion and the fatling together; and a little child shall lead them.
Isa 11:7
And the cow and the bear shall feed; their young ones shall lie down together: and the lion shall eat straw like the ox.

That's KJV.

It was always wolf, not lion, shall dwell with the lamb.

Upvote 0

Anto9us

Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2013
Texas
✟95,745.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Familiar enough to know that part of Daniel is in Aramaic, and a LION is one of the animals ('aryeh (Aramaic) in Daniel's vision. But that has nothing to do with Isaiah 11:6, where WOLF in Hebrew is dwelling with the lamb.

Upvote 0

Anto9us

Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2013
Texas
✟95,745.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Dan 7:25
And he shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws: and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time.

I think maybe the "he" is one of the HORNS of the 4th Kingdom. But I believe in dual/multiple fulfillments of some prophecies. Some abomination of desolation had already occurred when Antiochus Epiphanes sacrificed a pig on the altar -- yet Jesus in Olivet Discourse warns of a yet-coming abomination of desolation, which Christians did see and fled to Pella and elsewhere. And another AodD may be forthcoming, an end-time AofD and a final 3 1/2 year period.

We are a long way from the OP about Wolf vs Lion.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

The Parson

Your servant
Mar 27, 2013
East Tennessee, USA
Visit site
✟22,965.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
No, actually we aren't. The verse is speaking of anti-christ. "and think to change times and laws" He wants to change "laws" and "times". Laws = scriptures. Times = history. Supernatural power over history and scriptures? and then it says: "and they shall be given into his hand". Who gives him this power?

Are you familiar with a very similar verse in Isaiah 65:25 The wolf and the lamb shall feed together, and the lion shall eat straw like the bullock: and dust shall be the serpent's meat. They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain, saith the Lord. (KJV)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Anto9us

Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2013
Texas
✟95,745.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I am familiar with Isaiah 65:25, and in this thread it has been pointed out as a related verse to the OP.

As to "who gives him this power", I don't know how to answer that; God would have to allow all power, but an end-time AC gets power from the Dragon.

I guess, The Parson, I am not sure what you are shootin' for by 'opening this old thread back up'. It is an old one, there is good stuff in it, but some stuff distasteful to me, like slamming RCC priests as 'wolves'.

Daniel is a unique book; when you include the deuterocanonical parts, Daniel is written in THREE 'original languages' -- Hebrew Greek and Aramaic -- and though Jesus speaks of "Daniel the Prophet" the book of Daniel is NOT in the section of Hebrew Scriptures called "The Prophets". It is in The Writings.

Upvote 0

Anto9us

Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2013
Texas
✟95,745.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Someone in this thread mentioned a 'mandela effect" -- an erroneous idea that is taken for truth and everybody accepts it. It's like Nativity scenes where the Wise Men are AT THE MANGER!

Didn't happen -- the Magi found the child Jesus "in a house" -- but a million Christmas cards come out every year with those Wise Men at the Manger.

This whole thread has an erroneous premise -- that lion was changed to wolf in Isaiah 11:6 -- just six pages of threads in a garbage in-garbage out deal...

Upvote 0

The Parson

Your servant
Mar 27, 2013
East Tennessee, USA
Visit site
✟22,965.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
And I'm not here to debate Daniel as prophetic or non prophetic. We can see prophecy clearly in his writings. And no, don't even go there with the Mandela effect. The premise was cooked up by an ungodly woman. And if things are changing in reality, this Mandela effect is the result of it, and not the cause.

Daniel 7:25 looks very cut and dried. And yes, it was God who will, or is allowing something to happen to history, and the scripture in that prophecy.

And there's another piece of prophecy that wasn't fulfilled, I don't care how many scholars say it was. It wasn't. Amos 8:11 & 12. Are you familiar with that one also?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Anto9us

Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2013
Texas
✟95,745.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
In post 109 I wrote of 'dual/multiple fulfillments' of prophecies.

Therefore I do not have to see the Amos "famine of the Word" as something ONLY yet to come.
From Malachi til John the Baptist was such a famine, imo. No prophets in Israel/Judah were feeding the people new Word.

Upvote 0

The Parson

Your servant
Mar 27, 2013
East Tennessee, USA
Visit site
✟22,965.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Yep, another such dual prophecy would be to the 7 churches in Rev. 3 & 4. But then again, we, imo, would still have to look at Daniel 7:25 as an unfulfilled or even a presently fulfilling scripture. Eschatologically speaking that is. The same as I look at Amos 8:11as being yet to be , or being fulfilled. The scripture (word) did not disappear at the time Amos 8 was written.

I've been a preacher for decades and an apologist since the mid 1990's. Being all through the scriptures as I have, I do have an intimate relationship with the scriptures. More specifically with the King James Bible. No answer would ever come from me unless it came from the scriptures.

And being the son of a preacher, who was also the son of a preacher, who again was the son of a preacher up to five generations, I've been exposed to the scriptures all my life. Memorizing scripture since early childhood. I know/knew it well as I know my own face in a mirror.

And when I say that there has been a change, I don't say it lightly. I'm not one whose cheese has slipped off his cracker. Neither has my son, who is now the 6th generation of Gospel preachers. He see's them clearly as well.

John 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall "make" you free. (KJV)
John 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall "set" you free. (KJV)

Daniel 7:25 And he shall speak great words against the most High, and shall "wear out" the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws: and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time. (KJV)
Daniel 7:25 And he shall speak great words against the most High, and shall "vex" the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws: and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time. (KJV)

Ephesians 6:16 Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the "wicked". (KJV)
Ephesians 6:16 Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the "devil". (KJV)

Isaiah 65:25 "The wolf and the lamb shall feed together, and the lion shall eat straw like the bullock: and dust shall be the serpent's meat." They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain, saith the Lord. (KJV)
Isaiah 65:25 "The lion also shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the kid, and the fatling together; and a little child shall lead them." They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain, saith the Lord. (KJV)

These are only a few of the multiple changes that "have" taken place. And not only trusting my memory, I have residue proof. God is the only One who can do things perfect. The devil, not so much, so there is residue.

Upvote 0

The Parson

Your servant
Mar 27, 2013
East Tennessee, USA
Visit site
✟22,965.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Allow me to post another changed verse. This one's interesting.

Isaiah 45:14 Thus saith the Lord, The labour of Egypt, and merchandise of Ethiopia and of the Sabeans, men of stature, shall come over unto thee, and they shall be thine: they shall come after thee; in chains they shall come over, and they shall fall down unto thee, they shall make supplication unto thee, saying, Surely God is in thee; and there is none else, there is no God. (KJV)
Isaiah 45:14 Thus saith the Lord, The labour of Egypt, and merchandise of Ethiopia and of the Sabeans, men of stature, shall come over unto thee, and they shall be thine: they shall come after thee; in chains they shall come over, and they shall fall down unto thee, they shall make supplication unto thee, saying, Surely God is in thee; and there is none else, there is no other God. (KJV)

I found more residue on this one than some of the others.

Upvote 0

Concord1968

LCMS Lutheran
Sep 29, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟23,029.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Now here's a thread that needs to be re-looked-into!!! Anyone care to hear the take on this from a former KJV onlyist/apologist?
There's a couple of KJV Only threads currently running.....

Upvote 0