The Bible: God's plan for the redemption of humankind? Or... ???

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟220,525.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The human body is not immortal.
... she said, in a failed attempt to evade the point made. <Laugh> But let's make it explicit, then. "As in Adam, all die". "For the fate of the sons of men and the fate of beasts is the same. As one dies so dies the other; indeed, they all have the same breath and there is no advantage for man over beast, for all is vanity." "For we will surely die and are like water spilled on the ground which cannot be gathered up again." "What man can live and not see death?" "Therefore, just as through one man sin entered into the world, and death through sin, and so death spread to all men, because all sinned"

There are others, of course, but those will do to go on with.

Then all that remains is to demonstrate it from Scripture. Scripture is the authority for God's truth.
Just so. So please be kind enough to show me where Scripture states that everyone will live forever, either in eternal bliss or eternal torment. If you cannot, then I must assume that no such Scripture exists, and my contention stands.

Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟276,450.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
... she said, in a failed attempt to evade the point made. <Laugh> But let's make it explicit, then. "As in Adam, all die". "For the fate of the sons of men and the fate of beasts is the same. As one dies so dies the other; indeed, they all have the same breath and there is no advantage for man over beast, for all is vanity." "For we will surely die and are like water spilled on the ground which cannot be gathered up again." "What man can live and not see death?" "Therefore, just as through one man sin entered into the world, and death through sin, and so death spread to all men, because all sinned"

There are others, of course, but those will do to go on with.
Just so. So please be kind enough to show me where Scripture states that everyone will live forever, either in eternal bliss or eternal torment. If you cannot, then I must assume that no such Scripture exists, and my contention stands.
When you show me where Scriptures states that "God is sovereign" or that "God is three in one."

Are you not familiar with Jesus' resurrection body or the second death?

Upvote 0

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟220,525.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
When you show me where Scriptures states that "God is sovereign."
That would roughly be all of them. Try again.

Yes, which again does nothing to address the the question: where is the Scripture that says that everyone lives forever? Your damnationist doctrine depends on it being there, so please be good enough to cite it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ceallaigh

May God be with you and bless you.
Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
The Keep
✟581,151.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
When you show me where Scriptures states that "God is sovereign" or that "God is three in one."

*gasp* you deflected from answering the question. I'm shocked ^_^

• Haha
Reactions: Saint Steven
Upvote 0

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟220,525.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Then all that remains is to demonstrate from Scripture the error in the following presentation of the Scriptures
But first, you need to demonstrate that everyone, saint or sinner, lives forever one way or another, either in bliss or otherwise. Scripture explicitly states that all die. St. Paul says that the ages of sin is death., but that the gift of God is eternal life. Damnationist doctrine requires that everyone has eternal life, intrinsically. and that everyone will continue to live, either in Heaven or in hell. So where is this Scripture that declares that everyone lives forever?

Upvote 0

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟220,525.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Good grief! . . .You guys need to write your own Bible, and leave ours alone.
Aha! So y'all have your own bible! That explains where a lot of these notions come from. But fair play, can you cite anything in your bible that states that all human beings live forever for good or ill? If not, I'm ready to declare damnationism sunk without a trace.

• Winner
Reactions: Saint Steven
Upvote 0

renniks

Jun 2, 2008
✟149,430.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How did you work that out?
From Romans.
" it is not the children by physical descent who are God's children, but it is the children of the promise who are regarded as Abraham's offspring."

23 What if he did this to make the riches of his glory known to the objects of his mercy, whom he prepared in advance for glory— 24 even us, whom he also called, not only from the Jews but also from the Gentiles?

but the people of Israel, who pursued the law as the way of righteousness, have not attained their goal. 32 Why not? Because they pursued it not by faith but as if it were by works.

Christ is the culmination of the law so that there may be righteousness for everyone who believes.

The word is near you; it is in your mouth and in your heart,” that is, the message concerning faith that we proclaim: 9 If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved. 11 As Scripture says, “Anyone who believes in him will never be put to shame.” 12 For there is no difference between Jew and Gentile—the same Lord is Lord of all and richly blesses all who call on him, 13 for, “Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.”

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,116.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I've seen a lot of punny names, but that one's the best.
There was a sign at a shopping mall about available space for a retail business. The contact info was a phone number and the name Lisa Store. - lol

Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟276,450.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
That would roughly be all of them.
Then surely you can give the "address" of at least one where "God is sovereign" is stated.
Yes, which again does nothing to address the the question: where is the Scripture that says that everyone lives forever?
Should I wait until you provide the Scripture that says "God is sovereign"?
Your damnationist doctrine depends on it being there, so please be good enough to cite it.
I'm thinking I'll operate by your rules--present the Scripture which states "God is sovereign."

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,116.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Did you seen the video?
I typed up the key points. If that helps. cc: @Lazarus Short

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Aionios mistranslated as "eternal" and "everlasting" in Matthew 25:46.

All these verses below use the same NT Greek word, "aionios", the Greek word mistranslated as "eternal" and "everlasting" in Matthew 25:46. See bold below. This shows that "aionios" cannot mean eternal or everlasting.

Matthew 13:22
The seed falling among the thorns refers to someone who hears the word, but the worries of this life and the deceitfulness of wealth choke the word, making it unfruitful.

Romans 12:2
Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.

1 Corinthians 1:20
Where is the wise person? Where is the teacher of the law? Where is the philosopher of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of the world?

1 Corinthians 2:8
None of the rulers of this age understood it, for if they had, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.

Ephesians 2:2
in which you used to live when you followed the ways of this world and of the ruler of the kingdom of the air, the spirit who is now at work in those who are disobedient.

Compare: Matthew 12:32; Mark 10:30; Luke 18:30; Luke 20:35; Ephesians 1:21

Luke 18:29-30
“Truly I tell you,” Jesus said to them, “no one who has left home or wife or brothers or sisters or parents or children for the sake of the kingdom of God 30 will fail to receive many times as much in this age, and in the age to come eternal life.”

Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟276,450.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
But first, you need to demonstrate that everyone, saint or sinner, lives forever one way or another, either in bliss or otherwise. Scripture explicitly states that all die. St. Paul says that the ages of sin is death., but that the gift of God is eternal life. Damnationist doctrine requires that everyone has eternal life, intrinsically. and that everyone will continue to live, either in Heaven or in hell. So where is this Scripture that declares that everyone lives forever?
It's two down from Bible 11:19, between "God is sovereign" and "God is three in one."

I'm thinkin' I like your rules.

Last edited:
Upvote 0