Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Our founders created for us a Representative, Constitutional Republic so in a very real way the people form the government; Federal, State and Local. From the start it was known it could not work apart from Christian morals, being the salt of the earth. Upon reflection, speaking for myself, I've allowed myself to focus too much on politicians to the neglect of where the real power resides. After reading about all the lying leaders in Ezekiel chapter 13, I was thinking over the following passages and in our daily prayer we've been asking God to guide us in our civic duties in the USA. I no longer believe there is any politician of any party or any news media, left or right, that you can truly believe, so it is to God I'm more focused.

"It is better to trust in the LORD than to put confidence in man. It is better to trust in the LORD, than to put confidence in princes." (Ps 118:8-9 ERV)

Thus says the LORD: “Cursed is the man who trusts in man and makes flesh his arm, whose heart turns away from the LORD. He is like a shrub in the desert, and shall not see any good come. He shall dwell in the parched places of the wilderness, in an uninhabited salt land. (Jer 17:5-6 RSV)

The following of course are not prophecies for the USA, but the judgments on Israel are illustrative and examples for us, and oh how Isaiah chapter 3 resembles the USA today.

"The look on their faces bears witness against them; they proclaim their sin like Sodom, they do not hide it. Woe to them! For they have brought evil on themselves. Tell the innocent how fortunate they are, for they shall eat the fruit of their labors. Woe to the guilty! How unfortunate they are, for what their hands have done shall be done to them. My people—children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, your leaders mislead you, and confuse the course of your paths." (Isa 3:9-12 NRSV)

"O ISRAEL, return unto the LORD thy God; for thou hast fallen by thine iniquity. Take with you words, and return unto the LORD: say unto him, Take away all iniquity, and accept that which is good: so will we render as bullocks the offering of our lips. Asshur shall not save us; we will not ride upon horses: neither will we say any more to the work of our hands, Ye are our gods: for in thee the fatherless findeth mercy. I will heal their backsliding, I will love them freely: for mine anger is turned away from him.. I will be as the dew unto Israel: he shall blossom as the lily, and cast forth his roots as Lebanon. His branches shall spread, and his beauty shall be as the olive tree, and his smell as Lebanon. They that dwell under his shadow shall return; they shall revive as the corn, and blossom as the vine: the scent thereof shall be as the wine of Lebanon. Ephraim shall say, What have I to do any more with idols? I have answered, and will regard him: I am like a green fir tree; from me is thy fruit found. Who is wise, and he shall understand these things? prudent, and he shall know them? for the ways of the LORD are right, and the just shall walk in them; but transgressors shall fall therein." (Hos 14:1-9 ERV)

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Our founders created for us a Representative, Constitutional Republic so in a very real way the people form the government; Federal, State and Local. From the start it was known it could not work apart from Christian morals, being the salt of the earth. Upon reflection, speaking for myself, I've allowed myself to focus too much on politicians to the neglect of where the real power resides. After reading about all the lying leaders in Ezekiel chapter 13, I was thinking over the following passages and in our daily prayer we've been asking God to guide us in our civic duties in the USA. I no longer believe there is any politician of any party or any news media, left or right, that you can truly believe, so it is to God I'm more focused.

"It is better to trust in the LORD than to put confidence in man. It is better to trust in the LORD, than to put confidence in princes." (Ps 118:8-9 ERV)

Thus says the LORD: “Cursed is the man who trusts in man and makes flesh his arm, whose heart turns away from the LORD. He is like a shrub in the desert, and shall not see any good come. He shall dwell in the parched places of the wilderness, in an uninhabited salt land. (Jer 17:5-6 RSV)

The following of course are not prophecies for the USA, but the judgments on Israel are illustrative and examples for us, and oh how Isaiah chapter 3 resembles the USA today.

"The look on their faces bears witness against them; they proclaim their sin like Sodom, they do not hide it. Woe to them! For they have brought evil on themselves. Tell the innocent how fortunate they are, for they shall eat the fruit of their labors. Woe to the guilty! How unfortunate they are, for what their hands have done shall be done to them. My people—children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, your leaders mislead you, and confuse the course of your paths." (Isa 3:9-12 NRSV)

"O ISRAEL, return unto the LORD thy God; for thou hast fallen by thine iniquity. Take with you words, and return unto the LORD: say unto him, Take away all iniquity, and accept that which is good: so will we render as bullocks the offering of our lips. Asshur shall not save us; we will not ride upon horses: neither will we say any more to the work of our hands, Ye are our gods: for in thee the fatherless findeth mercy. I will heal their backsliding, I will love them freely: for mine anger is turned away from him.. I will be as the dew unto Israel: he shall blossom as the lily, and cast forth his roots as Lebanon. His branches shall spread, and his beauty shall be as the olive tree, and his smell as Lebanon. They that dwell under his shadow shall return; they shall revive as the corn, and blossom as the vine: the scent thereof shall be as the wine of Lebanon. Ephraim shall say, What have I to do any more with idols? I have answered, and will regard him: I am like a green fir tree; from me is thy fruit found. Who is wise, and he shall understand these things? prudent, and he shall know them? for the ways of the LORD are right, and the just shall walk in them; but transgressors shall fall therein." (Hos 14:1-9 ERV)

I understand how you feel with no government representatives speaking in terms of our spiritual needs and always attacking each other. I felt very out-of-the-loop and wondering if the entire system was headed for failure. So I studied what the Bible has to say about government and authority, and our self-proclaimed "secular" system of justice. What I found was indeed eye-opening regarding God's desire to help both believers and the unbelievers. All his children:

1 Peter 2:13-17
2 Peter 2:10
Titus 3
1 Timothy 2
Psalms 22:28
Daniel 2:21
Romans 13
Deuteronomy 16:18-20
Revelation 1
Romans 13
Proverbs 21
John 19:11
Mark 3:24
Proverbs 29
Proverbs 8:15
Psalms 94:20
Deuteronomy 28
John 19:10-11
Jude 1:8
Colossians 1:15-17
Ecclesiastes 10:20
Acts 8:32
Acts 23:5
Matthew 10:38
Exodus 22:28

Last edited:
Upvote 0

A.ModerateOne

Site Supporter
Sep 24, 2018
Florida
✟33,541.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I understand how you feel with no government representatives speaking in terms of our spiritual needs and always attacking each other. I felt very out-of-the-loop and wondering if the entire system was headed for failure. So I studied what the Bible has to say about government and authority, and our self-proclaimed "secular" system of justice. What I found was indeed eye-opening regarding God's desire to help both believers and the unbelievers. All his children:

1 Peter 2:13-17
2 Peter 2:10
Titus 3
1 Timothy 2
Psalms 22:28
Romans 13
Deuteronomy 16:18-20
Revelation 1
Romans 13
Proverbs 21
John 19:11
Mark 3:24
Proverbs 29
Proverbs 8:15
Psalms 94:20
Deuteronomy 28
John 19:10-11
Jude 1:8
Colossians 1:15-17
Ecclesiastes 10:20
Acts 8:32
Acts 23:5
Matthew 10:38
Exodus 22:28

I do not want any government taking care of my spiritual needs. But we just seem to have so few representatives at any level who could be described like this:

"Those who walk righteously and speak uprightly, who despise the gain of oppression, who wave away a bribe instead of accepting it, who stop their ears from hearing of bloodshed and shut their eyes from looking on evil" (Isa 33:15 NRSV)

Ezekiel chapter 13 is all about the lying leaders and that surely describes most of our politicians and all of the news media in our day. The only thing I know for sure on the economy that is not a lie, I am paying $0.75 more per gallon of gas today than I did 6 weeks ago! I see that with my own eyes and feel it in the billfold; and I know that increases the cost of everything I purchase. Everything I hear, see or read in the media is highly suspect!

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I do not want any government taking care of my spiritual needs. But we just seem to have so few representatives at any level who could be described like this:

"Those who walk righteously and speak uprightly, who despise the gain of oppression, who wave away a bribe instead of accepting it, who stop their ears from hearing of bloodshed and shut their eyes from looking on evil" (Isa 33:15 NRSV)

Ezekiel chapter 13 is all about the lying leaders and that surely describes most of our politicians and all of the news media in our day. The only thing I know for sure on the economy that is not a lie, I am paying $0.75 more per gallon of gas today than I did 6 weeks ago! I see that with my own eyes and feel it in the billfold; and I know that increases the cost of everything I purchase. Everything I hear, see or read in the media is highly suspect!

Then Call some people in Texas yourself. Ask them.

U.S. oil wells, refineries shut as winter storm hits energy sector

Gas prices surge across US as weather shuts down oil refineries

U.S. oil wells, refineries shut as winter storm hits energy sector

https://www.google.com/search?q=winter storm+shuts+down+refineries&pws=0&gl=us&hl=en&num=10

Upvote 0

A.ModerateOne

Site Supporter
Sep 24, 2018
Florida
✟33,541.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican

I can't trust the news media. The leftists blame the Republicans who run the State of Texas and the right-wingers blame the green energy extremists with their frozen wind power turbines, the bird executioners. I can go to GasBuddy and pull up the 3 month chart of gas prices in my area and it matched my memory of the gas prices at the pump.

Historical Gas Price Charts - Tampa Gas Prices

A couple of weeks after the election in November, regular was $1.89/gal. Today it is $2.63/gal. That is a $0.74/gal jump, an increase of 39%. While the winter storm in Texas has no doubt contributed, you see the chart is a steady stair step pattern since right after the election.

If there is one politician I can say I am genuinely proud of at this time, it is our great Florida Governor Ron DeSantis! My disgust with politicians is not fully 100%. :)

Upvote 0