United States
✟15,040.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
I'm not exactly sure what they are getting at, but they are probably trying to say this:

1. God chose Israel (his servant Abraham's descendants) as his people. God imposed the law of Moses on Israel; the law was condemnation of sin so that grace might later increase (see Hebrews for more on this).
2. Jesus died as a sacrifice for the world, that sinners might be led to God and become saved.
3. Through Jesus' sacrifice, we can come to God because Jesus is our one and only intercessor. His sacrifice as High Priest was once and for all, and, unlike in the OT, God wants all people to turn from ignorance and follow him.

So, in a way, the Bible is a circle. God and his inheritance Israel; God sent his Son to die for the world... Jesus and the Holy Spirit were revealed; finally, Jesus' sacrifice lets us approach the father if we truly want to serve him.

Upvote 0

MrJim

Legend 3/17/05
Mar 17, 2005
FEMA Region III
✟42,622.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Struggle said:
I have heard a few friends say that the Bible is a perfect circle.

What does this mean? One response was such:

God - Jesus - God? What does this mean?

I am unable to understand how the Bible creates a perfect circle.:sigh: :help:

I've always been taught that the Bible is linear. (Generally when people talk about faith being circular there is generally something else behind it. You'll find circular talk common in hinduism/taoism/sort of beliefs.)

Circular could be considered in that God had a perfect creation in the beginning and will have another at the end, but even that isn't a perfect circle and looks more like a line. Anyone else?:confused:

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.