• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

The best vacuum cleaner.

Discussion in 'Community Hangout' started by brinny, Jun 3, 2017.

1. brinny

brinny everlovin' shiner of light in dark places Supporter

+107,534
    Non-Denom
    Private
    US-Constitution
    LOL! That wouldn't be a good advertisement for selling it

^_^

2. brinny

+107,534
    Non-Denom
    Private
    US-Constitution
    i currently have a Hoover TASKvac commercial vacuum cleaner that i got online. The longer i have it the more i love it. As i was using it today i was thinking tho', if when the time comes, and it passes on, what would be my next choice.

Alas, nothing lasts forever.

3. OldWiseGuy

OldWiseGuy Wake me when it's soup. Supporter

+9,785
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    US-Others
    I have a commercial grade Hoover upright convertible with a disposable bag, and a small Hoover PortaPower with a small cloth bag. Have had them both for many years and they do everything. When I do the final shake of the cloth bag outside I stand upwind of the dust, no problem.

4. Tigger45

Tigger45 “...for the joy of the LORD is your strength." Supporter

+10,862
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Constitution
    I've repaired many janitorial floor cleaning equipment machines so when our vacuum went out I picked the model but it came in a bag or bag less model. I prefered the bag model and my wife preferred the bag less. Guess which one we ended up getting.

5. mmksparbud

mmksparbud Well-Known Member

+6,586
    United States
    SDA
    Widowed
    US-Others
    I got a Rainbow about 6 years ago, it works great but now that I am disabled more and have had medical problems, I wish I had not gotten it! It is bulky and I have to have my husband empty the water bowl and it's hard even for him now. I keep seeing the commercials for the Shark and keep thinking I would have been better off with it, would have been cheaper, too!!!

6. OldWiseGuy

OldWiseGuy Wake me when it's soup. Supporter

+9,785
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    US-Others
    Lol. Reminds me of an episode of "Rules of Engagement". Patrick Warburton's character was relating how compromise worked in his marriage. He said, "My wife wanted a dog. I didn't want a dog. So we compromised...........and got a dog."

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  7. brinny

+107,534
    Non-Denom
    Private
    US-Constitution
    You've got a great strategy there :D

8. brinny

+107,534
    Non-Denom
    Private
    US-Constitution
    Dare i say? :p

9. brinny

+107,534
    Non-Denom
    Private
    US-Constitution
    I've never heard of a Rainbow...

Awwww i'm sorry it's becoming so difficult (((hug)))

10. Tigger45

Tigger45 “...for the joy of the LORD is your strength." Supporter

+10,862
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Constitution
    Well lets just put it this way. I might be slow but I'm not stupid. Hahaha!

11. mmksparbud

mmksparbud Well-Known Member

+6,586
    United States
    SDA
    Widowed
    US-Others

They're very expensive. Been around for years, They use a water bowl that the dirt goes into, then you dump the dirty water and replace with clean. It is good for those with allergies. My friend got one as she had many allergies, and she would sneeze like crazy every time she vacuumed, she never sneezes now. The air does feel cleaner and my allergies are better with it, but it's just too cumbersome anymore.

12. brinny

+107,534
    Non-Denom
    Private
    US-Constitution
    Thank you. The water bowl does sound like a rather genius feature. I'm sorry that it's so difficult to use now. (((hug)))

13. jimmyjimmy

jimmyjimmy Pardoned Rebel Supporter

+5,644
    United States
    Presbyterian
    Married
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  14. brinny

+107,534
    Non-Denom
    Private
    US-Constitution
  15. brinny

+107,534
    Non-Denom
    Private
    US-Constitution
    i still got the Hoover. Still going strong. i also just got a Dirt Devil Scorpion Plus corded hand held vacuum for the steps and sofa, etc. (i haven't unboxed it yet...i'm hoping it's as good as the reviews...)

16. JesseBassett

JesseBassett Just your average man who has great abilities. Angels Team Supporter

+863
    United States
    Reformed
    Single
    US-Democrat
    I like my Bissel Powerforce Compact. It never uses a bag filter and I can just empty the bin inside of contents into the trash.

17. RayJeena

RayJeena ☯ Ego ad Eum pertinent ☯ Supporter

+3,503
    United States
    Unorthodox
    Single
    I've got a Eureka bagless vacuum that includes what they call
    "Brushroll Clean Technology", which involves a built-in blade
    that, when activated, cuts through any hair that's wrapped
    around the brushroll and vacuums it up. I was thrilled to
    discover that was a thing, because I grew tired of being my
    vacuum-cleaner's "barber". :D

18. brinny

+107,534
    Non-Denom
    Private
    US-Constitution
    Thanks for the feedback, Jesse and RayJeena.

It's good to know which ones to check out when i need to....i've had some real clunkers LOL!

By the way, this portable Dirt Devil is excellent so far.....i've used it on the steps....it's gem, so far

:)

19. Darkhorse

Darkhorse just horsing around

+3,825
    United States
    Presbyterian
    Married
    US-Republican
    Portable Dirt Devils are good, but the full-sized ones are not. Avoid them.
    Their air horn is too small and gets clogged all the time.

I use an Oreck commercial vacuum. Great on carpets, but marginal on bare floors.
    The parts are good quality, easy to find, easy to replace.

20. brinny

+107,534
    Non-Denom
    Private
    US-Constitution
    Thank you.