PollyJetix

Feb 15, 2017
Virginia
✟42,933.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If there are girls with long hair in the house, the hair tends to get wrapped around the roller brush. I don't know yet what to do about that. But I don't like the bagless kind of vacuum.
I have long hair... grew up in a house having 8 women, all with long hair!
The answer to the hair wrapping around the brush is to regularly take the brush out of the vacuum, and to use a scissors with a very sharp lower point, and cut straight down the side of the roller, so the hair strands can be gathered off the brush.

As to the bagless kind of vacuum, I agree! It's a way to spread dust!

I kept going thru one vacuum after another, until I decided enough of this.
I couldn't afford a new Kirby, so I saved up a couple hundred dollars, and watch Craigslist.
That beat up old vacuum I got for $200 has been indestructible for years. And the suction is still great. Yes, it's heavy... but why use a lightweight vacuum, and then pay for a gym membership to tone the arms?

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
If there are girls with long hair in the house, the hair tends to get wrapped around the roller brush. I don't know yet what to do about that. But I don't like the bagless kind of vacuum.

The bagless kind can be a bit "dusty" when ya' gotta empty the thing that holds the dust, etc.

• Agree
Reactions: Rajni
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
It's just my opinion. But I think it makes sense.

It's a good point.....i've always wondered about the bagless kind, because when you empty it the dust, etc. goes everywhere....

Upvote 0

LivingWordUnity

Unchanging Deposit of Faith, Traditional Catholic
May 10, 2007
✟213,086.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
It's a good point.....i've always wondered about the bagless kind, because when you empty it the dust, etc. goes everywhere....
It's gotten to the point that a lot of stores only sell the bagless vacuum. That's why I think it makes sense to think it could be connected to the bed bug epidemic.

• Informative
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
It's gotten to the point that a lot of stores only sell the bagless vacuum. That's why I think it makes sense to think it could be connected to the bed bug epidemic.

Really? Why do they think that a bagless vacuum is a "good" thing?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Tree of Life

Hide The Pain
Feb 15, 2013
✟48,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married

I have a bagless Dyson. I empty it outside in the trashcan. It's great!

• Informative
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0