• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

The Best Gun For Women? The Walther P22 Might Just Be It.

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by Michie, Jun 26, 2021.

1. Michie

Michie Human rights begin in the womb. Supporter

+41,318
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    Small and mighty, the Walter P22 is a perfect option for the ladies for a whole lot of reasons. Let’s take a look!

Accuracy

The Walther P22 is great for easy accuracy thanks to its good build that is well-fit to the women shooters of the world. The remarkable lack of recoil and sound makes for easy shooting. Without the heavy recoil, there isn’t as much trouble with dropping rounds from anticipating the kick.

Also, Walther’s white dots sights on the P22 are adjustable. The front sights snap on and off to adjust for height and the rear sight is windage adjustable. The snap feature worried me, but it’s a snug fit that I never had issues with losing or moving. This pistol stays on target because it’s so easy to shoot and stay comfortable while you’re doing it!

Continued below.
    The Best Gun for Women? The Walther P22 Might Just Be It.

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. jacks

jacks Er Victus Supporter

+2,174
    Christian
    Married
    US-Others
    If it's good enough for James, it's good enough for me.
    upload_2021-6-26_15-4-48.jpeg

3. ss51

ss51 Active Member

+379
    Christian
    Single
    I like the idea of the 22 for a lady, or for a man as well, if inside the noise will damage hearing and there isn't a critter on the face of the earth that hasn't been dispatched with a 22.

4. Bass4Jesus

Bass4Jesus -

+174
    United States
    Charismatic
    Single
    US-Republican
    As long as we're talking target shooting, popping soup cans along the ground, and so on, a .22 is fine. But for "serious work," never.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  5. ss51

ss51 Active Member

+379
    Christian
    Single
    a hit with a 22 is better than a miss with anything else, a woman can limp grip a pistol resulting in failure to function and/or develop a nasty flinch.
    The deterrent factor of an armed "victim" is still there.
    How many women do you know who actually practice the necessary amount to maintain proficiency?

6. Sif

Sif .

+1,178
    United States
    Other Religion
    Private
    I will not dispute the quality of a Walther firearm. However, I use a Glock 19 as my EDC with a S&W Shield (9mm) as a backup. Of course these are what I train with so, naturally, I am inclined to favor them.

For wilderness I currently use a Ruger Super Redhawk (.44 Rem Mag) but am starting to train with a Glock 40 (10mm). The rifle I carry is either an AR-15 (5.56 NATO) or a FAL (7.62 NATO)

7. ss51

ss51 Active Member

+379
    Christian
    Single
    10mm, hmmm I hear a lot about the 10mm for carry in bear country.
    Years ago a friend came back home to this state from TX, we didn't have the ccw rights restored then. I asked what he carried, "Glock, it has a spongy trigger, poor sights, horrible grip, and goes bang every time".

8. Bass4Jesus

Bass4Jesus -

+174
    United States
    Charismatic
    Single
    US-Republican
    ss51:

"A hit with a .22 is better than a miss with anything else" assumes or at least implies the female defender will typically, or at least often, miss the first time. This is a baseless assumption and renders your argument invalid.

"A woman can limp grip a pistol resulting in failure to function and/or develop a nasty flinch." Anyone, regardless of sex, can limp-grip and/or develop a flinch. There are decades-old training methods to prevent this and even "repair" the problem.

"How many women do you know who actually practice the necessary amount to maintain proficiency?" The question would generate an answer that does not represent the female population in general, and therefore would be statistically invalid. Therefore, your question is irrelevant.

9. Swag365

Swag365 Well-Known Member

+410
    United States
    Catholic
    Single
    I often carry a Sig P365 w/manual safety. I think this gun could work well for many women.

10. ss51

ss51 Active Member

+379
    Christian
    Single
    My grandson, new to shooting, has developed a decided liking for the Sig Pistols.

11. ChavaK

ChavaK להיות טוב ולעשות טוב

+1,434
    United States
    Judaism
    Widowed
    US-Republican
    Me. I train a lot and compete a lot. I know a lot of women who do the same. You can also ask that question of men. And I've seen them flinch/limp wrist. Unfortunately too many people do not train seriously with their guns, male or female.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  12. ChavaK

ChavaK להיות טוב ולעשות טוב

+1,434
    United States
    Judaism
    Widowed
    US-Republican
    I agree. Always a risk of failing to fire, as .22 is wont to do at times (I shoot a lot of .22 at speed steel and it can be an issue) and although it can be a deadly round I prefer something with more stopping power.

13. ss51

ss51 Active Member

+379
    Christian
    Single
    then we are back to revolver for dependability.
    Handgun proficiency is a perishable skill and needs to be maintained by frequent repitition, agreed that many or most don't get enough.