Jul 17, 2007
Silver Sprint, MD
✟46,642.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Politics
US-Others
And then Senti accuses you of tritheism.
Is that a bad thing? I know you think that Christianity is mono-theistic. The truth is that Christians generally believe in more than one God, else they could not accuse other religions of worshipping other gods.

Upvote 0

StormyOne

Senior Veteran
Aug 21, 2005
Alabama
✟5,866.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Why would He want to do that? I can understand three different persons - Father, Son and Spirit calling themselves God. But not one person split into three different identities and calling Himself Father,Son and Spirit is that what you are saying? Thats like you saying there are 3 different StormyOnes out there haunting the forum.
there just might be a couple more StormyOnes, you never know.... the question is how does a Super Being communicate to a creation that has no clue as to what He really is? Believing that there is One God manifesting himself in 3 ways makes more sense to me than saying that there are 3 Gods in One.... thats not one God that's three Gods.....

Upvote 0

freeindeed2

In Christ We Are FREE!
Feb 1, 2007
A mile high.
✟79,697.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Is that a bad thing?
They are One.

I know you think that Christianity is mono-theistic.
It is. But there are certainly some who have diverted and come up with their own theories to explain God.

The truth is that Christians generally believe in more than one God, else they could not accuse other religions of worshipping other gods.
There is One God. Anything can be a god.

Upvote 0

StormyOne

Senior Veteran
Aug 21, 2005
Alabama
✟5,866.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Exactly. And when Jesus prayed to the Father, he was really praying to himself and performing a sort of prayer gymnastics/pretend to pray thing.

And when he said he had to leave so that he could send the Spirit to live IN us...well, it's just semantics. You say potato, I say manifestation of God!:doh: Never mind what the Bible says!

And then Senti accuses you of tritheism.
His baptism was an example for whom? the idea of the holy spirit was given so that the onlookers would be introduced to the idea..... no issue there for me....

Is the bible always right? You are assuming that the bible writers knew with certainty who and what God is..... I don't make that assumption....

Upvote 0

moicherie

True Brit
Oct 13, 2005
United Kingdom
✟16,811.00
Faith
SDA
Why would Jesus tell the story of the rich man and Lazarus that He knew was completely false as far as reality is concerned? Why would He do that?
Did He make the story up or was it a well known story like telling your kids the story of Three little pigs?

Upvote 0

moicherie

True Brit
Oct 13, 2005
United Kingdom
✟16,811.00
Faith
SDA
there just might be a couple more StormyOnes, you never know.... the question is how does a Super Being communicate to a creation that has no clue as to what He really is? Believing that there is One God manifesting himself in 3 ways makes more sense to me than saying that there are 3 Gods in One.... thats not one God that's three Gods.....
Ok for example assuming your surname is X and that you are married with four children that live with you does that mean there are 6 X families in your household or one X family?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

StormyOne

Senior Veteran
Aug 21, 2005
Alabama
✟5,866.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ok for example assuming your surname is X and that you are married with four children that live with you does that mean there are 6 X families in your household or one X family?
not working..... the X family is not God..... how about this one.... StormyOne has 2 arms, 2 legs, 10 fingers, 10 toes..... and alot of other stuff, and its all a part of StormyOne.... the significant difference with God is that each part of Him is all Him... the part that is with me here and now, as will as the part that is with you there where you are....

Upvote 0

freeindeed2

In Christ We Are FREE!
Feb 1, 2007
A mile high.
✟79,697.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Let's put this puppy to rest. When the Bible says, "Thou shalt have no other gods before me" does is use the upper or lower case?
Do you believe there are other "God's" other that Sovereign-Holy-Creator-God?

Upvote 0

moicherie

True Brit
Oct 13, 2005
United Kingdom
✟16,811.00
Faith
SDA
not working..... the X family is not God..... how about this one.... StormyOne has 2 arms, 2 legs, 10 fingers, 10 toes..... and alot of other stuff, and its all a part of StormyOne.... the significant difference with God is that each part of Him is all Him... the part that is with me here and now, as will as the part that is with you there where you are....
nah beg to differ never mind we still cool

Upvote 0

StormyOne

Senior Veteran
Aug 21, 2005
Alabama
✟5,866.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
nah beg to differ never mind we still cool
one more example as a parting shot..... you (moicherie) are an employee, a cat owner, a forum member, a woman.....4 different things, but only one you... can moicherie the forum member send an email to moicherie the employee? Yep you could, and you could even repond if you so chose, people who were not aware your various roles might assume that moichere the forum member is a different person from moicherie the employee, and they would be incorrect..... Thus, 4 different roles one person..... that would be you....

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

freeindeed2

In Christ We Are FREE!
Feb 1, 2007
A mile high.
✟79,697.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That smugness won't work. If a thousand people say "I believe in God" you have no idea what they are talking about.
It's not hard to clarify what they mean. There's only one Eternal Creator God. How 'smug' is that?:thumbsup:

Upvote 0