Mar 9, 2005
✟86,609.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
But you were so confident earlier. Suddenly you are not. Why is this?
I shared no inclination that I had any confidence about anything regarding you. So I don't know how you reached that misperception

Upvote 0

Skavau

Ode to the Forgotten Few
Sep 6, 2007
England
✟41,497.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
I shared no inclination that I had any confidence about anything regarding you. So I don't know how you reached that misperception
Because you said all liberals are anti-American. I am a Liberal. Am I anti-American? From your logic it should be easy to conclude it.

Upvote 0

Received

True love waits in haunted attics
Mar 21, 2002
Visit site
✟38,594.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think liberals, in general, hate America every bit as much as the terrorists. They just have a different method of trying to destroy America

And I think broadbrushing conservatives are great humor fuel for liberals.

Give me a break, Mark Levin.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

hollyda

To read makes our speaking English good
Mar 25, 2011
One Square Foot of Real Estate
✟17,438.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm anti-America now? When was this decided? I thought freedom to disagree and coexist with others who might not share one's opinion was one of the core values of the USA. When did that change? Did someone announce it in the Evil Liberals Unite To Destroy the Fabric of Society As We Know It Super Secret Club monthly newsletter?

Upvote 0
N

Nabobalis

It's obvious that anti-anything rhetoric is another way of saying "I don't like your position, but I'm incapable or unwilling to change it, so I'll resort to labeling instead."

It seems from the outside that the American political system is too broken to work effectively when needed since it is so partisan and people like to throw around labels even if those labels are incorrect. Also people will broad brush any group they dislike with horrible and grossly incorrect characteristics.

So it is my view incorrect since I am on internet forums and watch clips of fox news? ( I assume similar things happen on other news channels)

Upvote 0

Received

True love waits in haunted attics
Mar 21, 2002
Visit site
✟38,594.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It seems from the outside that the American political system is too broken to work effectively when needed since it is so partisan and people like to throw around labels even if those labels are incorrect. Also people will broad brush any group they dislike with horrible and grossly incorrect characteristics.

So it is my view incorrect since I am on internet forums and watch clips of fox news? ( I assume similar things happen on other news channels)

Really, it's nothing more than hatred of the out-group for being the out-group. The really philosophical question is whether this is more animal or juvenile in character.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟11,294.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
How did Laura Ingraham and Tammy Bruce not get on this list? :doh:
tammy_heading.jpg

Reactions: MrJim
Upvote 0
N

Nabobalis

Really, it's nothing more than hatred of the out-group for being the out-group. The really philosophical question is whether this is more animal or juvenile in character.

Both, we do have a group mentality that I think helped us in our evolution but part of it has to be juvenile because I think people have to get sick of just having easy ways to label and thus condemn another group of people.

Upvote 0

okafor

May 9, 2011
United States
✟1,361.00
Faith
Wesleyan
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
There are some 'traditional' American values that liberals see as being harmful (gay marriage debate, religion in government/classroom, etc). I don't think it's a bad thing to recognize those when we see them. We've done that in the past many times. Not long ago, racial segregation and 'keeping to your own race' was a traditional American value. Liberals see a wrong and they seek to correct it. Maybe in some respects they are for following Europes example (socialized medicine, for example), but only because they believe it to be best for America (even if others disagree). That's hardly a sign of hate.

My posts here have been referencing the appropriate and inappropriate use of government within our system of traditional "political" values, not cultural values. The values you mentioned are cultural values that can change and get worked out over time, generally not requiring federal government action, and, in fact, federal government action is constitutionally prohibited. It's only under extraordinary circumstances, such as slavery - which is antithetical to the basic political principle of "all men are created equal" - where government absolutely needs to be involved. And slavery, BTW, was perpetrated throughout our history, not by Republican/conservatives but by Democratic/liberals. Liberals had to be dragged kicking and screaming into giving up slavery and Jim Crow laws. So there is no moral high ground for liberals there, only shame. It's not the changing of cultural values that angers me, it's the insistence that government must be involved and force change, as if nothing is ever done unless government does it.

The traditional political American values are articulated in the Declaration of Indipendence and the Constitution, including a method of amending the Constitution. Those principles, which in fact liberals do hate, are limited federal government power, and protection of individual rights, as opposed to using government power for redistributive/social justice and collectivist rights, that angers me...and it really angers me

I'm fully aware that this explanation will bring out those with only the most superficial understanding of such issues, in all their glorious outrage. Go ahead guys, yuk it up, I couldn't care less about your opinions.

Last edited:
Upvote 0