Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟795,442.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Love Paul Wilbur and his ministry.

Yes God ambushed their enemies and the various enemy camps "defeated" each other. (II Chron 20).

But His people still had a part-
"Ye shall not need to fight in this battle: set yourselves, stand ye still, and see the salvation of the Lord with you, O Judah and Jerusalem: fear not, nor be dismayed; to morrow go out against them: for the Lord will be with you."v 17

They fasted and called on the Lord acknowledging who He was. They were told to:
- set themselves,
- stand still and
- believe in Him. Facing a great multitude from various groups, they still went out the next morning - they had faith that they would see the salvation of the Lord.

They knew that only God could intervene. As they sung and praised the Lord, He ambushed their enemies.

They knew the success was only because of God and they gave Him all the credit.

Seems like a word in season.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: mourningdove~
Upvote 0

geetrue

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 16, 2006
Beach House
Visit site
✟73,776.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Prayer is seeking Gods perfect will ... Prayer is not telling God what to do ... You can't change Gods mind about anything.

Some will say, but King Hezekiah changed God's mind when Isiah went back and told Hezekiah that God changed his mind and that he had given Hezekiah 15 more years. Perhaps God was testing him I don't know, but that's one of the few instances in the bible that someone changed God's mind. I almost forgot Abraham also intreated God to spare Sodom and Gomorrah in case He could find X amount of righteous souls.

Jesus is the same today yesterday and tomorrow with all of that said, I pray all of our prayers have not been in vain.

The Lord will have mercy on whoever He will have mercy and compassion on whoever He will have compassion. It does not depend on man's needs or his deeds. Amen

Upvote 0

mourningdove~

"Pray, and prepare ..."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2005
✟437,383.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Prayer is seeking Gods perfect will ... Prayer is not telling God what to do ... You can't change Gods mind about anything.

Some will say, but King Hezekiah changed God's mind when Isiah went back and told Hezekiah that God changed his mind and that he had given Hezekiah 15 more years. Perhaps God was testing him I don't know, but that's one of the few instances in the bible that someone changed God's mind. I almost forgot Abraham also intreated God to spare Sodom and Gomorrah in case He could find X amount of righteous souls.

Jesus is the same today yesterday and tomorrow with all of that said, I pray all of our prayers have not been in vain.

The Lord will have mercy on whoever He will have mercy and compassion on whoever He will have compassion. It does not depend on man's needs or his deeds. Amen

I understand the reasons for your discouragement, geetrue, but no matter how the election situation progresses, we must continue on, with our prayers. It is not a time to give up, to retreat from the huge spiritual battle that is now happening in the heavenlies ...

I'm sure you can see the changes that are coming to this beautiful country of ours ... and they are coming quickly. We are in for a wild ride. It is time for Christians to 'take to their knees' and pray ... not to retreat in defeat.

Things are going to continue on bizarrely here ... and many persons do not have the faith 'to endure' what is to come. We've got to be praying for folks, geetrue ... for salvations ... for those weak in their faith ... the backslidden, the lost ... the Lord is coming soon!

It's about the Kingdom of God now, brother ... the Lord is wanting to fill His Kingdom with many many souls. And we are to help, with our prayers ...

... so please do 'shake off' that spirit of discouragement. The Lord has work for us all to do.

God bless :plus:

• Friendly
Reactions: tturt
Upvote 0

mourningdove~

"Pray, and prepare ..."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2005
✟437,383.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
But His people still had a part-
"Ye shall not need to fight in this battle: set yourselves, stand ye still, and see the salvation of the Lord with you, O Judah and Jerusalem: fear not, nor be dismayed; to morrow go out against them: for the Lord will be with you."v 17

They fasted and called on the Lord acknowledging who He was. They were told to:
- set themselves,
- stand still and
- believe in Him. Facing a great multitude from various groups, they still went out the next morning - they had faith that they would see the salvation of the Lord.

They knew that only God could intervene. As they sung and praised the Lord, He ambushed their enemies.

They knew the success was only because of God and they gave Him all the credit.

Seems like a word in season.

Still a word in season ... :angel:

• Friendly
Reactions: tturt
Upvote 0