Florida
✟324,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
There was a chyron on CNN Tonight that said "Barr falsely claims...spying". I forget exactly how it was worded, but CNN outright stated that Barr lied to the Congress about whomever spying on the Trump campaign.

Do you think someone spied on the Trump campaign or is Barr lying to Congress? Did he make the whole thing up? Where did he get the idea from? Is this going to hinge on what your definition of "spying" is? Do we know what "spying" is? What is "spying"?

Tanj

Redefined comfortable middle class
Mar 31, 2017
Australia
✟277,286.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
There was a chyron on CNN Tonight that said "Barr falsely claims...spying". I forget exactly how it was worded, but CNN outright stated that Barr lied to the Congress about whomever spying on the Trump campaign.

You don't remember what it said, but you know they "outright stated he lied"

Interesting.

I'll go out on a limb and suggest the chyron said he provided no evidence to back his claims, but hey, who needs to actually remember what it said, amirite?

Upvote 0

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟324,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
You don't remember what it said, but you know they "outright stated he lied"

Interesting.

It said "Barr falsely claims..." When someone says that another person "falsely claims" a thing it means they are calling him a liar.

Upvote 0

Tanj

Redefined comfortable middle class
Mar 31, 2017
Australia
✟277,286.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
It said "Barr falsely claims..." When someone says that another person "falsely claims" a thing it means they are calling him a liar.

Well until you can fill in the dot dot dot, who's to say.

Upvote 0

Gigimo

Dec 6, 2015
Ohio
✟96,387.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Do you think someone spied on the Trump campaign or is Barr lying to Congress? Did he make the whole thing up? Where did he get the idea from? Is this going to hinge on what your definition of "spying" is? Do we know what "spying" is? What is "spying"?

CNN is probably taking their cue from the Congresscritter who asked Barr "why" he was going to investigate the spying on the Trump campaign? ^_^

Needless to say if Barr does some of those Congresscritters stand to be badly embarrassed along with a few foreign governments like the UK, Australia, Germany and a few others. :doh:

Upvote 0

FenderTL5

Κύριε, ἐλέησον.
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2016
Nashville TN
✟634,153.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity

iirc, I haven't reviewed the information recently, the FBI or some other alphabet government organization was covertly monitoring some Russian individuals/groups on the supposed interference. Individuals from the Trump campaign were in contact with some of the groups under watch. So, as I understand it, the "spying" on a third party that the Trump campaign was involved with had the result of information being gleaned from the Trump campaign.
I suppose that could be spun any way one prefers.

Upvote 0

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟324,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single

Attachments

• don lemon.png
    don lemon.png
    428.1 KB · Views: 2
  • Informative
Reactions: Tanj
Upvote 0

FenderTL5

Κύριε, ἐλέησον.
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2016
Nashville TN
✟634,153.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
That Barr had no evidence was established in the hearing, by Barr himself.
He said he believed there was spying even with that lack evidence.

Please note what I am NOT saying; I'm not saying that Barr lied. He merely stated an assumption.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟324,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
He didn't lie because he played the weasel word game. "I believe..." and then you can say anything and later claim you weren't lying because you really did believe it. If he's got the evidence, let's throw it down on the table. Put up or shut up.

"If he's got the evidence, let's throw it down on the table. Put up or shut up."

You mean like the evidence of Russian collusion, the evidence that Trump is an agent of Russian intelligence, the evidence that Trump is being blackmailed by Russia...

Upvote 0

LoAmmi

Dispassionate
Mar 12, 2012
✟209,533.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
"If he's got the evidence, let's throw it down on the table. Put up or shut up."

You mean like the evidence of Russian collusion, the evidence that Trump is an agent of Russian intelligence, the evidence that Trump is being blackmailed by Russia...

I've never claimed much in the way of collusion. I think there's a lot of oddities that even if nothing happened are weird. Like so many members of Trump's campaign saying they never met with Russians only for us to find out that they did. It's just weird. But I want to see what the report says and if there's no evidence, great. I prefer that the President isn't beholden to a foreign power.

Now if we could only get him to not be beholden to Israel and Saudi Arabia, we might make real progress.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟904,577.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married

Yes. Evidence like that which lead to the Mueller investigation would be a good start.

• Informative
Reactions: KCfromNC
Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That Barr had no evidence was established in the hearing, by Barr himself.
He said he believed there was spying even with that lack evidence.

Please note what I am NOT saying; I'm not saying that Barr lied. He merely stated an assumption.
It was a bit careless for someone in his position. Lawyers in his position are typically more precise in their language.

• Agree
Reactions: FenderTL5
Upvote 0