Visit site
✟9,497.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Anyone on CF order from The Baptist Standard Bearer? I'm interested in a few of their titles and wanted a review before I order from them.

The Baptist Standard Bearer, Inc.

Yours in the Lord,

jm

Are you interested in a review of their customer service, how well put together the books are or....?

As you know, they are a significant publisher of historic Baptist works. They are probably the only current publisher for some of these works. My knee jerk reaction is to say that their books are generally too expensive, especially when you can get many of them online for free. Most of their books that I've seen are paperbacks, but they look to be pretty sturdy. And in fairness, these aren't exactly bestsellers, so they probably have to charge a good bit more than Crossway or P&R would for new books since there is going to be limited demand.

I've never ordered anything from them, so I have no opinion of their customer service.

Reactions: JM
Upvote 0

JM

Augsburg Catholic
Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2004
Canada
✟747,424.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
Are you interested in a review of their customer service, how well put together the books are or....?

As you know, they are a significant publisher of historic Baptist works. They are probably the only current publisher for some of these works. My knee jerk reaction is to say that their books are generally too expensive, especially when you can get many of them online for free. Most of their books that I've seen are paperbacks, but they look to be pretty sturdy. And in fairness, these aren't exactly bestsellers, so they probably have to charge a good bit more than Crossway or P&R would for new books since there is going to be limited demand.

I've never ordered anything from them, so I have no opinion of their customer service.
I was more interested in their customer service, shipping, etc. Thanks Pilgrim.

Upvote 0

JM

Augsburg Catholic
Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2004
Canada
✟747,424.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
Upvote 0

twin1954

Baptist by the Bible
Jun 12, 2011
✟86,544.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
I ordered 2 Volume Set – Christ Alone Exalted – The Complete Writings Of Tobias Crisp. | Baptist Standard Bearer, Inc. The quality is top notch with very sturdy and attractive cover. The price was high but it was ultimately worth it. I didn't order the set through the Standard Bearer site but from Reformation Heritage Books.

Yours in the Lord,

jm
Hey my brother! I used to order from them quite a bit but my wife won't let me buy any more books, guns, guitars, tools or anything else I want so badly since she just retired and now we are both on Social Security and living off the Government. At poverty level because we paid into it all our working lives but the politicians spent it. So now we get what they want to give us so that they can give all we put in to those who will not get a job or work to feed themselves and their multitude of babies. Those who come into this country illegally and have babies here so they can have citizenship and government sustainance and healthcare.

Sorry for the rant. Been a while but you and others here have always been in my prayers.

• Agree
Upvote 0

JM

Augsburg Catholic
Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2004
Canada
✟747,424.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
Hey my brother! I used to order from them quite a bit but my wife won't let me buy any more books, guns, guitars, tools or anything else I want so badly since she just retired and now we are both on Social Security and living off the Government. At poverty level because we paid into it all our working lives but the politicians spent it. So now we get what they want to give us so that they can give all we put in to those who will not get a job or work to feed themselves and their multitude of babies. Those who come into this country illegally and have babies here so they can have citizenship and government sustainance and healthcare.

Sorry for the rant. Been a while but you and others here have always been in my prayers.
I wondered where you got to brother. Good to see you haven't lost your mettle and your wife is a smart lady. You really don't need books...just your Bible. I'm at the point where I'm pretty much done buying books and looking at buying guns :pray: so if you have any recommendations for a beginner let me know.

Yours in the Lord,

jm

Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

Darkhorse

just horsing around
Aug 10, 2005
mid-Atlantic
Visit site
✟288,141.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0

Dansiph

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2018
UK
✟120,394.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Anyone on CF order from The Baptist Standard Bearer? I'm interested in a few of their titles and wanted a review before I order from them.

The Baptist Standard Bearer, Inc.

Yours in the Lord,

jm
Do you know any books from there from a non-Calvinist perspective?

I'm at the point where I'm pretty much done buying books and looking at buying guns
I don't own any guns and I've only ever fired a shotgun with birdshot but out of interest what type of guns are you looking for?

Upvote 0

JM

Augsburg Catholic
Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2004
Canada
✟747,424.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
Do you know any books from there from a non-Calvinist perspective?

No, not really. Sorry.

I don't own any guns and I've only ever fired a shotgun with birdshot but out of interest what type of guns are you looking for?

We will likely start with a simple .22 and a shotgun. My wife is set on buying a handgun so we are going to shop around for one.

jm

Upvote 0

Dansiph

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2018
UK
✟120,394.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
No, not really. Sorry.
Ok no worries.

We will likely start with a simple .22 and a shotgun. My wife is set on buying a handgun so we are going to shop around for one.
I'm quite interested in guns. It's difficult to own them here especially if you're from a city. I watch a lot of videos though if that amounts to anything. I've heard the Mossberg Maverick 88 is a good beginner shotgun.

• Agree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Dansiph

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2018
UK
✟120,394.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Canada has strict gun regs and due to COVID the backlog for the weekend course is long. My wife and I will not likely get in to take the course until Sept or Oct so I'm doing a little reading and research now.
Ah ok I completely didn't take note you're from Canada somehow. That's a long time but at least you'll have time to research before buying.

Upvote 0