✟535,043.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
Welcome to the Cyber Corps bandroom. :)

Sorry it's a bit untidy at the moment, but you know what it's like when you just moved in somewhere. :doh:

We've got a bit of a problem though that I hope you all might be able to help with. There are loads of different instruments for the band from cornets down to E flat bass. :clap:

What we don't seem to have are any bandsmen and women. Nor do we appear to have any music. :confused:

This is where you all come in. We need volunteers for the band. So anyone who can play any of the instruments, please post and let us know. I doesn't matter if you are not too good yet either. This is cyber space. By the time we've finished remastering it all, we'll sound like the International Staff Band. :thumbsup:

And can you also post and tell us what your favouite band music is, so we can start to build up a collection.

No band practice as yet. We'll wait until someone sets up a Cyber Songsters and co ordinate the two. :cool:

Andy Broadley

quam pulchra es amica mea quam pulchra
Oct 14, 2004
Grimsby. England
✟535,043.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
I'll start the ball rolling and say I play Eb Bass, but can play Bb Bass if needed.

My favourite band pieces are Star Lake and People need the Lord

For anyone who has seen the film Brassed Off, our Bandmaster showed up to practice Monday night with the score for Rodrigo's concierto de aranjuez (aka orange Juice)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Hoghead1

Oct 27, 2015
✟8,968.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Very interesting to hear about bands in the UK. I played for seven years in a British-style brass band in the US. We have had them for over thirty years. We also compete. I used to play e-flat cornet, then moved to repiano. I played trumpet for about six years for the services in Fairbanks, AK. Now, I play French horn. Horns are always in need. I know British brass bands don't like French horns, preferring instead those alto horns.

Upvote 0