Texas
Visit site
✟23,316.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The thing that bothers me the most is this:

The Holy Spirit is so Holy and at the name of Jesus, God, Holy Spirit every knee shall bow. To me some of the things going on just make the Holy Spirit look silly. My heart is grieved today over all this.

I have been to churches where they dance, flag worship and fall in the spirit - but it is all done in a very special Holy way - I have a problem with the other displays of the Holy Spirit being protrayed as causing these actions.

I may be wrong - but all I want to do with the presence of the Holy Spirit is bow down in the presence that I feel so unworthy of.

Upvote 0

GreatistheLord

I can do ALL things through Christ
Mar 14, 2005
✟19,856.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Dear MikeMc,

Quote....
goodbye
Just to let you all know I will no longer be posting in the SpiritFilled forums.

I've gotten so much harrassment here that it's just not worth it.

You all win. Goodbye. Believe any doctrine you want to. It's all good, I guess.

Please dont go back on your word! There are no winners when there is so much strife. You wouldn't like it if we started the BAM! thread in the Baptist's forum, would you? (not that I'm threatening).

Upvote 0

freedomnchrist

Blessed by the BEST!!!
Jan 7, 2008
✟21,178.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Dear MikeMc,

Quote....
goodbye
Just to let you all know I will no longer be posting in the SpiritFilled forums.

I've gotten so much harrassment here that it's just not worth it.

You all win. Goodbye. Believe any doctrine you want to. It's all good, I guess.

Please dont go back on your word! There are no winners when there is so much strife. You wouldn't like it if we started the BAM! thread in the Baptist's forum, would you? (not that I'm threatening).

Wow!!! I didn't even know he posted that!

We all love you Mike!

You just come across so mean sometimes.:hug:

Reactions: KleinerApfel
Upvote 0

MikeMcK

Apr 10, 2002
✟13,732.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Wow!!! I didn't even know he posted that!

We all love you Mike!

You just come across so mean sometimes.:hug:
I wouldn't talk if I were you. You people have made a high art form out of figuring out new ways to treat me like crap.

Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟335,689.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Dear MikeMc,

Thats rude!!!!!!!

Please leave the building. Do not pass go do not collect any respect. :thumbsdown:

Upvote 0

freedomnchrist

Blessed by the BEST!!!
Jan 7, 2008
✟21,178.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I wouldn't talk if I were you. You people have made a high art form out of figuring out new ways to treat me like crap.

Now Mike....you show me one place where I have done that?

There are those out there that are not Mike haters! If there is such a thing as a Mike hater.

The Jesus in me does not allow that!

Upvote 0

BenAdam

Pirate King
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2006
Tortuga
✟51,113.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
DontFeedtheTrolls.jpg

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Yitzchak

יצחק
Jun 25, 2003
Visit site
✟26,333.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
It's amazing how offended we are by anything that's not in line with our spiritual mindsets - the list varies per person - someone raised their hand in church! don't have on a suit and tie! tats showing! etc! etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc!

Lord , help us all to overcome the devil who stirs up offenses in us ...BAM!

Upvote 0

Yitzchak

יצחק
Jun 25, 2003
Visit site
✟26,333.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
You realise "BAM!" comes from superhero comics?

Does Bentley see himself as some sort of superhero with special powers?

This would fit with what I know of Bentley's view of Christianity.

Lord take the confusion off my brother here who thinks Bentley is pretending to be a superhero. Such strange and unexpected ways that people get mixed up. Remove the confusion , Lord..... BAM!

Upvote 0

Yitzchak

יצחק
Jun 25, 2003
Visit site
✟26,333.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Lord I pray that we would all read scripture daily and live with sound minds. Lord please help us to love you with all your heart, soul, and our minds. Lord please help form us into the humans we were made to be and help us bear your image in our lives. Help us to operate in the Spirit by loving you and loving our neighbors and demonstrating that only a daily basis. Lord please supply us with what we need today and help us cast aside all greed and selfishness. Please forgive me when I fail every day and fall short and please forgive others who take your Holy Name in vain by making you out to be nothing more than a stage magician and I would ask that you continue to operate and bring your Kingdom into the world in spite of all of our failings. Amen.

oh yea...bam.

Amen. I second this...BAM!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.