Site Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
The Kingdom of His dear Son
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom
The Author= Aitios=

The One who causes something.

Jesus Christ is the Author of eternal salvation.

His work is finished on earth.

He is not merely the formal cause of our salvation: He is the concrete & active cause of it.

He is our salvation itself.

Hebrews 5:9 has no English equivalent to express the meaning here.

The Author = Archegos=

Prince/ Author/ Captain.

The first occasion of anything. One who takes the lead.

Jesus Christ is the Prince of Life/ the originating cause of Life.

He is the Leader of all others who tread the path.

The Finisher=

teleo = to bring to an end.

teleioo = perfect completion/ brought to perfect end.

ekteleo = to finish out completely.

epiteleo = to bring to an end/ finish/ complete.

teleiōtḗs = A consummater = to bring to a close.

Last edited:

FineLinen

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Father like He tends and spares us;
Well our feeble frame He knows;
In His hand He gently bears us,
Rescues us from all our foes.
Alleluia, alleluia!
Widely yet His mercy flows.

Hi there Anthony: He does indeed know our feeble frame. In His tender touch we can rest our deepest fears, for He is the One in whom, and from whom mercy flows. And it does not just flow, it flows in abundance as a mighty river of Life!

Thank you brother for a wonderful hymn!

Alleluia, alleluia His river is wide & deep washing away our deepest fears!

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Anthony2019
Upvote 0

FineLinen

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Our God is the Author & Finisher, the Originator & Perfecter of all. He finishes what He begins. The finish is to His complete satisfaction.

"From Him everything comes, through Him everything exists, in Him everything ends."

Our God is not a potential Saviour! He is Saviour!

His middle Name is Isous: He saves all mankind ( the radical pas) & the super radical ta pante (the all).

God IS the Saviour of all mankind, the pas, the ta pante & the malista who trust Him today.

iu

Upvote 0

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,146.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
WHY TEACH SALVATION FOR ALL?

There are always those people who object to this truth on the grounds that the preaching of universal salvation will make Christians and unsaved careless. I can hear the unbelieving say, "If I believed that all men were to be saved eventually, I would just go out in the world and enjoy myself. What is the use of going through all these things we have to endure, if we're going to be saved in the end anyway?" Such ridiculous talk only reveals the true inner condition of the one who makes such an assertion. it shows that he has no true love for God, but is serving Him only out of fear of going to hell, as a slave in fear of a tyrant. If such a person had the fear of hell removed from him it is obvious that he would promptly tell God to go to hell and then proceed to drown himself in devilish pleasures and fleshly pursuits. I have no hesitation in saying that any man who says that if all are going to be saved in the end we might as well eat, drink, and be merry, is a devil at heart, and convicts himself by his own words. If the wages of sin were removed, he would immediately go out and begin to live it up in the world, serving both the flesh and the devil. He has no love for God at all, and is the most contemptible of hypocrites.

Source: The Savior of the World, by J. Preston Eby
Kindgdom Bible Studies Savior of the World Series Part 1

Upvote 0