Alexandria, VA
✟37,767.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
I am a conservative. I did not vote for Joe Biden. That is not martial law, that is mob rule. Martial law is when the US military takes over governance of the country. The Founding Fathers never wanted it. This is why the elected President himself is to be Commander in Chief of all the armed forces, per Article II of the Constitution.
Even more so, it’s why they didn’t want the US to have a standing army.

• Agree
Reactions: Hans Blaster
Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Trump supporters murdered an innocent woman in Charlottesville while rallying to keep up statues of traitorous filth. Trump’s die hards right now are advocating for an end to American democracy, which is worth more than any building or business, it’s the core of our nation.

I read his post as supporting the fact that Trump supporters were violent. They merely do not attack property:

"Difference is trump supporters are not going to burn up your buisiness, or riot in your streets. They get violent with dissenters"

See, they only attack dissenters:D

Upvote 0

Strathos

No one important
Dec 11, 2012
God's Earth
✟263,276.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Oh yeah them neo nazis are a prime example of trump supporters huh huh? None of us are any different than that one dust up over statues

Yet all Biden voters are rioting, looting, Antifa members?

• Haha
Reactions: Lg2000
Upvote 0

LiberalChristian1980

Sep 20, 2018
Alexandria, VA
✟37,767.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
You can’t assert that the angriest, most extreme people on the left are representative of all Biden voters while also objecting to the assertion that the angriest, most extreme people on the right are representative of all Trump voters. You seem to be missing the point I’m trying to make.

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟299,504.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
See it's a threat. We are just so evil we need to be harmed

I see reading comprehension is not your strong suit. No one said you are so evil you need to be harmed. We did say that supporting Trump's (potential) martial law is not patriotic.

Upvote 0

Guinan

Dec 12, 2020
Texas
✟50,161.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I read his post as supporting the fact that Trump supporters were violent. They merely do not attack property:

"Difference is trump supporters are not going to burn up your buisiness, or riot in your streets. They get violent with dissenters"

See, they only attack dissenters:D

That's how I understood the post too.

You can’t assert that the angriest, most extreme people on the left are representative of all Biden voters while also objecting to the assertion that the angriest, most extreme people on the right are representative of all Trump voters. You seem to be missing the point I’m trying to make.

Well said.

Upvote 0

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟202,059.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
I am a conservative. I did not vote for Joe Biden. That is not martial law, that is mob rule.
You don't get it? That mob is their military
Martial law is when the US military takes over governance of the country. The Founding Fathers never wanted it. This is why the elected President himself is to be Commander in Chief of all the armed forces, per Article II of the Constitution.
And that mob was allowed by their commanders in chiefs in their liberal cities. Their form of martial law. Police unable to enforce the law while their armies (mobs) wrecked havok in peoples lives and neighborhoods They thought nothing of it. For those harmed in all of that it was no different.

Upvote 0

Guinan

Dec 12, 2020
Texas
✟50,161.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Yet all Biden voters are rioting, looting, Antifa members?

Well, I can blow a hole thru that because I've never rioted or looted and I'm not an Antifa member.

• Agree
Reactions: Lg2000
Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single

And that mob was allowed by their commanders in chiefs in their liberal cities. Their form of martial law. Police unable to enforce the law while their armies (mobs) wrecked havok in peoples lives and neighborhoods They thought nothing of it. For those harmed in all of that it was no different.
Okay, so you still do not know what martial law is.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟202,059.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
I see reading comprehension is not your strong suit. No one said you are so evil you need to be harmed. We did say that supporting Trump's (potential) martial law is not patriotic.
My reading comprehension LOL. When did I support anyones martial law. See how ya are. Now i support martial law. Go figure.

Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟380,049.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican

And that mob was allowed by their commanders in chiefs in their liberal cities. Their form of martial law. Police unable to enforce the law while their armis (mobs) wrecked havok in peoples lives and neighborhoods They thought nothing of it.
Which was negligent on the part of the city officials. But that's still not martial law. Either way, what they were doing was a bad thing. If it was a bad thing, then conservatives shouldn't do that either, so neither conservative mob rule, nor actual martial law should be advocated by anyone who claims to love freedom.

Upvote 0

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟202,059.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Well, I can blow a hole thru that because I've never rioted or looted and I'm not an Antifa member.
Did you support the liberal politicians who let it happen? Or those politicians that said nothing about it and ignored it?

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟299,504.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private

No, rule by a mob is called "mob rule".

Rule by the police is a "police state".

Law enforcement by the army is called "martial law".

Rule by the army is "military dictatorship".

The police are not an army. An angry mob is not an army. Only the army itself (or the national guard) is an army.

Upvote 0

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟202,059.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Which was negligent on the part of the city officials. But that's still not martial law. Either way, what they were doing was a bad thing. If it was a bad thing, then conservatives shouldn't do that either, so neither conservative mob rule, nor actual martial law should be advocated by anyone who claims to love freedom.
Conservatives dont do it nor would they ignore their politians who did. No republicans said it was a mostly peaceful thing that went on

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟202,059.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
No, rule by a mob is called "mob rule".
It wasnt just mob rule. It was the politians allowing mob rule.
Rule by the police is a "police state".
no police state there because the politians let their mob rule and the police couldnt do their job.
Law enforcement by the army is called "martial law".

Rule by the army is "military dictatorship".

The police are not an army. An angry mob is not an army. Only the army itself (or the national guard) is an army.
All of your categories fail. It was the local politicians that decided who was going to have rule.

Upvote 0

LiberalChristian1980

Sep 20, 2018
Alexandria, VA
✟37,767.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single

A military is the organized armed forces of a state. The only military in the US is the Department of Defense and its branches. Martial law can only be imposed from the top down, not the bottom up. You are mangling the meaning of words.

And that mob was allowed by their commanders in chiefs in their liberal cities.

Cities don’t have “commanders in chief”. Who would that even be?

For those harmed in all of that it was no different.

Both mob rule and martial law are harmful, but the way they are harmful is diametrically opposed, not “no different”.

• Agree
Reactions: Hans Blaster
Upvote 0

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟202,059.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
A military is the organized armed forces of a state. The only military in the US is the Department of Defense and its branches. Martial law can only be imposed from the top down, not the bottom up. You are mangling the meaning of words.
No no. You are distorting things. It was mob rule allowed by the local government.

The local government officials which told the police to stand down.

Both mob rule and martial law are harmful, but the way they are harmful is diametrically opposed, not “no different”.
And so are politicians who use their power to enforce mob rule by telling police to stand down, and not enforce law

Upvote 0

Guinan

Dec 12, 2020
Texas
✟50,161.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Did you support the liberal politicians who let it happen? Or those politicians that said nothing about it and ignored it?

I've already made it clear that I'm a lifelong conservative and a registered Republican. So, the answer to your question is a resounding no. The only Democrat I've ever politically supported is Joe Biden.

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟299,504.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
No no. You are distorting things. It was mob rule allowed by the local government.

But we (as in not you) have been talking about Trump's talk (and that of some of his allies) about the whole country, not just a city. This is all much larger and more important than what happened in a few blocks of Seattle for a few weeks in the summer. We are talking about subverting democratic rule in the whole country to "win" an election. (Using unconstitutional force to "win" an election makes the whole point of elections rather moot.)

• Agree
Reactions: Innsmuthbride
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.