The Armor of God, a 9 Part Series on Staying equipped for Christ (Part 1 of 9)

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟84,013.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Ephesians 6:

10 Finally, be strengthened by the Lord and by His vast strength.

How is the Lord's strength made manifest within us? 2 Corinthians 12:9

11 Put on the full armor of God so that you can stand against the tactics of the Devil.

Paul is making it painfully clear that the Devil has TACTICS. 1 Peter 5:8

12 For our battle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the world powers of this darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavens.

The weapon that defeats the Devil is the Gospel. 1 Corinthians 2:8 Paul makes it clear we are not to battle "FLESH and BLOOD"... which is congruent with Jesus Christ's words. (John 6:63)

13 This is why you must take up the full armor of God, so that you may be able to resist in the evil day, and having prepared everything, to take your stand.

There is no question that Demons are real and seeking to rend the Gospel Asunder. Matthew 12:45

14 Stand, therefore, with truth like a belt around your waist,

righteousness like armor on your chest,

15and your feet sandaled with readiness for the gospel of peace.

16 In every situation take the shield of faith, and with it you will be able to extinguish the flaming arrows of the evil one.

17 Take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is God's word.

18 With every prayer and request, pray at all times in the Spirit, and stay alert in this, with all perseverance and intercession for all the saints.

19 Pray also for me, that the message may be given to me when I open my mouth to make known with boldness the mystery of the gospel.

20 For this I am an ambassador in chains. Pray that I might be bold enough in Him to speak as I should.

00-5-090.jpg

Part 1: Overview and Intro
Part 2: The Helmet (The Armor of God, (You are Saved/Helmet) Staying equipped for Christ (Part 2 of 9))
Part 3: The Belt of Truth
Part 4: The BreastPlate of Righteousness
Part 5: The Shield of Faith
Part 6: The Sword of the Spirit
Part 7: The Shoes of the Gospel Peace
Part 8: Prayer and Chains, Boldness and Spiritual Warfare
Part 9: Spiritual Warfare, it's purpose and you

Last edited:

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟84,013.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Overview and Intro...

As written above, this is part 1 and is the Intro. There is no reading of Ephesians 6 that can lead one to any other conclusion than Christians are Demon Slayers. We are not burdened against our flesh or the flesh of others, but with Spiritual matters that are revealed in scripture and to us by the Holy Spirit of our Commander and Chief. (Romans 8:9 ; Ephesians 1:13 ; 1 John 2:27)

Spiritual warfare is real, and there's a matter of battle that we must understand!

There are many battle strategies, but the most efficient isn't in a full scale assault, or careful battle plan that flanks the enemy. The deepest strategy is to go to the very supply lines of an opponent and taint the very food, weapons and fuel, the opponent will use. Victory is certain with this strategy, and this approach was used by Satan, time and time again, in the New and Old Testament.

God even defeated Satan, but using Satan's strongest weapon against Satan. So "Buckle up" and enjoy a multi part series on Spiritual Warfare.

Upvote 0