Bangkok
✟19,950.00
Country
Thailand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello everyone. I have been compiling information and sharing with my family about Jesus's 12 disciples. ( I think the show the Chosen was the inspiration).

In John 1 43-50 we are introduced to the apostle Nathaniel. Nathaniel is of course not listed in the lists of the 12 disciples in Mark 3 and Matthew 10.

I have found it said that Nathaniel was actually the Apostle Bartholomew.

If you believe that Nathanael was Bartholomew, then my question is what evidence do use as a basis for that conclusion?

If you are not convinced that Nathaniel was Bartholomew then is it possible that Nathanael never actually became an apostle. and Bartholomew is a separate person?

Thank You
--Wayne

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟321,866.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Hello everyone. I have been compiling information and sharing with my family about Jesus's 12 disciples. ( I think the show the Chosen was the inspiration).

In John 1 43-50 we are introduced to the apostle Nathaniel. Nathaniel is of course not listed in the lists of the 12 disciples in Mark 3 and Matthew 10.

I have found it said that Nathaniel was actually the Apostle Bartholomew.

If you believe that Nathanael was Bartholomew, then my question is what evidence do use as a basis for that conclusion?

If you are not convinced that Nathaniel was Bartholomew then is it possible that Nathanael never actually became an apostle. and Bartholomew is a separate person?

Thank You
--Wayne

No one really knows if Nathaniel and Bartholomew are the same person. It might well be the case. "Nathaniel" is a given name, while "Bartholomew" is a surname meaning "son of Tholomew". It's much the same as we say in english "Johnson" or "Jackson" meaning "John's son" or "Jack's son". His name may well have been Nathaniel Bartholomew but no one knows for certain.

Upvote 0