Veteran
Feb 19, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
✟29,682.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Politics
US-Republican
"And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming: Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders," 2 Th. 2:8-9

Revealed, #601, apokalupto, to take off the cover, i.e. disclose :- reveal. Coming, #3952, parousia, a being near, i.e. advent, (by impl.) phys. aspect :- coming, presence. Working, #1753, energeia, efficiency ("energy"). Power, #1411, dunamis, force (lit. or fig.); spec. miraculous power. Signs, #4592, semeion, an indication, espec. cer. or supernat. :- miracle, sign, token, wonder. Wonders, #5059, teras, a prodigy or omen :- wonder. Vine's on Teras: "Something strange, causing the beholder to marvel."

The power, signs, and lying wonders that Paul talks about here can only be LOGICALLY described by one thing: advanced technology. Paul says that the antichrist's COMING is with power, signs, and lying wonders, which tells us that the antichrist comes with advanced technology. So when the antichrist is revealed to the world, he is revealed with power, signs, and lying wonders. This is an important characteristic, as there is currently not one single world leader whose coming has been with power, signs, and lying wonders.

Now, before we go further I just want to say that I know the antichrist is described as a "man" in the Bible. I am saying that when the Bible uses the term "man" to describe the antichrist, it is talking about an individual, not an actual literal "man". Second, I am aware that some believe in Habakkuk 2 the antichrist is described as "transgressing by wine". However, there is some serious doubt as to whether or not this chapter is referring to the biblical antichrist, or just the king of Babylon. I am suggesting in this thread that there is a strong possibility that the antichrist is an alien from outer space - just hear me out.

Knowing, then, that the antichrist's COMING is with some sort of technology (power, signs, lying wonders) this verse makes perfect sense:

"And I saw one of his heads as it were wounded to death; and his deadly wound was healed: and all the world wondered after the beast." Rev. 13:3

Wondered, #1839, existemi, to put (stand) out of wits, i.e. astound, or (reflex.) become astounded, insane. So everyone who lives in the world is ASTOUNDED by the antichrist. This is not just some minor wonder, this is something INCREDIBLE. We know that this is because of the advanced technology (lying wonders, signs, etc.) that the antichrist comes with.

"And they worshipped the dragon which gave power unto the beast: and they worshipped the beast, saying, Who is like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him?" Rev. 13:4

Now, I ask you, would not these two verses (Rev. 13:3 and 4) make perfect sense in describing an alien? Would not the entire world be astounded at an alien visitation? "Who would be like an alien"? An alien would fit the requirements that Paul gives us in 2 Th. 2, when he says the antichrist comes with signs, wonders, etc., because the alien would come with advanced technology.

"The beast that thou sawest was, and is not; and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit, and go into perdition: and they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, whose names were not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, when they behold the beast that was, and is not, and yet is." Rev. 17:8

Notice the wording: They wonder WHEN THEY BEHOLD the beast. This is a good description of an alien. Wonder, #2296, thaumazo, to wonder; by impl. to admire :- admire, have in admiration, marvel, wonder. Behold, #991, blepo, to look at (lit. or fig.).

If we go back into the book of Daniel we find that the antichrist honors a "strange god" "whom his fathers knew not". Daniel also says that the antichrist destroys fortresses with the help of this "strange god":

"But in his estate shall he honour the God of forces: and a god whom his fathers knew not shall he honour with gold, and silver, and with precious stones, and pleasant things. Thus shall he do in the most strong holds with a strange god, whom he shall acknowledge and increase with glory:..." Dan. 11:38-39

The word "forces" is actually mistranslated in the KJV. Forces, #4581, maowz, a fortified place; fig. a defence. More accurately it is a "god of fortresses" not forces. Strange, #5236, nekar, foreign, or a foreigner, or heathondom :- alien, strange (+ - er). So the antichrist honors a "god of fortresses" whom none of his fathers knew. The antichrist also honors this "god" with PHYSICAL gifts such as gold, silver, precious stones, etc. It is odd that an individual such as the antichrist would honor a spiritual deity with physical gifts, and for this reason I think that it is possible that these verses in Daniel are describing some sort of extraterrestrial visitation from aliens (and it is a strong possibility that the antichrist himself is an alien).

Looking at the verses so far presented, I think it is safe to say that an alien would fit all of the requirements thus far shown by Paul, John, and Daniel. The sequence of events would go something like this: An alien (or aliens, whatever) would arrive on earth claiming to be the God of the Bible, and they will claim that they are the Second Coming of Jesus Christ. The entire earth will be utterly astounded at the alien, and amazed at the advanced technology that they possess. The aliens will claim that they are responsible for many of the events of the Bible and other religious books, such as the ascension of Christ into heaven, God's descent on mount Sinai, the vision of Ezekiel 1, Elijah's ascending into heaven in "chariots of fire", the plagues of Egypt, the parting of the Red Sea, Muhammed's ascension from Jerusalem, etc. The alien will affirm everything that the modern scientists believe about the origins of man, etc. IT WILL ALL BE AN UTTER AND TOTAL LIE. It will be the STRONG DELUSION of 2 Thess. 2. The entire world will embrace it as truth, and will believe that the alien is the God of the Bible, and the "Second Coming of Christ". The world will allow the antichrist to go into the Jewish temple and sit down in the Holy of Holies because they TRULY BELIEVE that he is actually the God of the Bible. The alien will rule over the entire world, and the rulers (10 kings) will give "their power unto the beast".

I think that there is strong evidence that the antichrist comes from the heavens. The reason I think so is this:

"Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven." Ac. 1:11

Christ ascended up into heaven in a cloud, and Jesus Christ must come again from heaven "in like manner". The antichrist, then, to mimic the Second Coming of Jesus Christ, will probably also come from the heavens. I think that Jesus Christ hints at this when he says this:

"Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not. For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect. Behold, I have told you before." Mt. 24:23-25

So it is a possibility that there is some type of "false coming" because Christ bluntly warns that men will say "here is the Christ". If there is a false coming, then it must be from heaven - aka, an alien. Once again, I think that "great signs and wonders" is a description of advanced technology. Signs, #4592, semeion, an indication, espec. cer. or supernat. :- miracle, sign, token, wonder. Wonders, #5059, teras, a prodigy or omen :- wonder. The Lord says that these great signs and wonders are so powerful and effective that they will deceive everyone except the elect. I think that there is no question that this is a description of advanced technology.

Could the antichrist be an alien? I think that it is entirely possible based upon the unbelievable amount of deception involved with the antichrist, along with the great signs and wonders that are so wonderful that they would deceive the elect if possible. Both of these could be considered descriptors of an extraterrestrial visitation. What do you think?

hiscosmicgoldfish

Liberal Anglican
Mar 1, 2008
✟11,767.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Conservative
'depends on what you think an alien is. but generally i think you are on the right track. they will indeed be greatly astonished.

Dan. 11:38-39.. i have studied this, and i am not sure that that is about the son of perdition, i think that that is talking about Herod, as he worshipped a strange god, a god of forces, the roman god.. which wasn't Jehovah, but the roman god zeus or whatever. He gave the god gold etc. because it was a statue of a roman god.
i think that the roman god is the god of forces. the son of perdition dosn't worship anything as he is a rebel.
I think that the use of the Daniel 70 weeks to support an eschatological agenda is a ruse, i need to look into it, but i think at this time that that is what that is.

Upvote 0

Zadok7000

Awake and Sober
Mar 21, 2005
Visit site
✟11,765.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
"
So it is a possibility that there is some type of "false coming" because Christ bluntly warns that men will say "here is the Christ". If there is a false coming, then it must be from heaven - aka, an alien.

Replace "alien" with "angel". Satan, the supernatural archangel (and his locust army of fallen angels) will do things (beginning with his arrival) that will look very miraculous indeed. Let's just say that technology and knowledge in the higher (heavenly) dimensions would seem very alien to us...

Upvote 0

hiscosmicgoldfish

Liberal Anglican
Mar 1, 2008
✟11,767.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Conservative
Replace "alien" with "angel". Satan, the supernatural archangel (and his locust army of fallen angels) will do things (beginning with his arrival) that will look very miraculous indeed. Let's just say that technology and knowledge in the higher (heavenly) dimensions would seem very alien to us...

the angelic, but technology as well, but not just technology. men are made from clay and they are made from fire.

Upvote 0

trialbyfire

Oct 12, 2007
✟1,834.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yeah, if you really think about it, it would have to be some kind of lie like aliens (which have been in the process of setting up for decades) which are really fallen angels and demonic forces.

For the anti-christ and false prophet to convince the nations of the world to gather to one place for Armageddon to fight against Christ as He is about to come to destroy would have to be quite a lie.

If you think about it, gathering the nations of the world to fight against "an enemy" that is coming from the sky. What kind of "enemy" would the nations of the world think that is?

Rev 19:19Then I saw the beast and the kings of the earth and their armies gathered together to make war against the rider on the horse and his army.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,240.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Could the antichrist be an alien? I think that it is entirely possible based upon the unbelievable amount of deception involved with the antichrist, along with the great signs and wonders that are so wonderful that they would deceive the elect if possible. Both of these could be considered descriptors of an extraterrestrial visitation. What do you think?
Tis an interesting perspective thou hast there :)

Upvote 0

trialbyfire

Oct 12, 2007
✟1,834.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Tis an interesting perspective thou hast there :)

It certainly explains the purpose of the UFO, crop circle, alien phenomenon that has been going on for 60 years or so. It's like preparation for a big delusion.

The Bible never talks about aliens or interdimensional beings or any other creature (other than angels) so if a few "show up", then people will deny the entire Bible, believing the lie that is right before their eyes.

It's not like this sort of thing never happened before. It did. And men worshipped fallen angels as gods.

Upvote 0

gracechick

Senior Veteran
Nov 25, 2005
Looking Up:D
✟6,474.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Don't know how many here have young and teenage children, but the assault on them with witchcraft and alien proganda is shocking to me. Seems the elite are busy indoctrinating the next generation to accept the "arrival" of aliens and other demonic creatures. Switching on the Disney Channel anymore is an adventure as one never knows what they will get and the month of October...Lord have mercy I hardly access it for our daughter.

Makes me think this is not far off as the effort has intensified I'd say over the last few years. Halloween week is aired during Easter week. They couldn't be shouting accept and anticipate their "coming" imho.

Upvote 0

1whirlwind

Jun 26, 2009
✟5,815.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
"And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming: Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders," 2 Th. 2:8-9

I'm a strong believer in UFO's and believe they are part of Satan's realm but...the wicked that shall be revealed are people. The tares. Those that work now to promote Satan's agenda...part of the first beast of Revelation, the world-wide system. They are the "workings of Satan."

Satan himself is the one that comes after his own workings and he comes pretending to be Jesus, "with all power and signs and lying wonders." God allows him the power to look and act like the Savior. All the signs Christ told us to watch for are duplicated by him...lying wonders! Will UFO's be part of this? I think so. I believe they are the biblical "clouds."

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

get it right

Nov 25, 2008
✟1,845.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I'm a strong believer in UFO's and believe they are part of Satan's realm but...the wicked that shall be revealed are people. The tares. Those that work now to promote Satan's agenda...part of the first beast of Revelation, the world-wide system. They are the "workings of Satan."

Wouldn't suprise me if ufo's are real, because of a personal experience, but they are of the devil and fallen angels, I agree with.

Satan himself is the one that comes after his own workings and he comes pretending to be Jesus, "with all power and signs and lying wonders."

The bible tells us that it's the beast that comes after the workings of satan. satan dosn't come after the workings of satan, dosn't make sense.

God allows him the power to look and act like the Savior. All the signs Christ told us to watch for are duplicated by him...lying wonders! Will UFO's be part of this? I think so. I believe they are the biblical "clouds."
Christ will not be coming in a ufo, but in literal clouds, the same way as He ascended 2000 years ago, according to the angels who said this to the apostles who were looking up as He disappeared into the clouds and as recorded in the bible.
Also from the bible, "God makes clouds His chariot".

Upvote 0

1whirlwind

Jun 26, 2009
✟5,815.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Christ will not be coming in a ufo, but in literal clouds, the same way as He ascended 2000 years ago, according to the angels who said this to the apostles who were looking up as He disappeared into the clouds and as recorded in the bible.
Also from the bible, "God makes clouds His chariot".

Ezekiel 1:4 And I looked, and, behold, a whirlwind came out of the north, a great cloud, and a fire infolding itself, and a brightness was about it, and out of the midst thereof as the colour of amber, out of the midst of the fire.
Amber is...."bronze or polished metal." God's throne was in a polished metal vehicle and that vehicle was surrounded by clouds. Those clouds are His chariots!

Upvote 0

get it right

Nov 25, 2008
✟1,845.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Ezekiel 1:4 And I looked, and, behold, a whirlwind came out of the north, a great cloud, and a fire infolding itself, and a brightness was about it, and out of the midst thereof as the colour of amber, out of the midst of the fire.
Amber is...."bronze or polished metal." God's throne was in a polished metal vehicle and that vehicle was surrounded by clouds. Those clouds are His chariots!
Out of the midst of the fire was the color amber, not amber itself.
and amber is a fossil tree resin, and not a metal.

Upvote 0

FaithGuyX

Reformed Newbie
Sep 11, 2009
Unfortunately in the ObamaNation! EEEEEEEK!!!!!!!!
✟7,788.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jimmy DeYoung told everyone on the Paul Ankerberg show that the "locusts" of the end times will be an alien invasion. I laughed at that then turned the channel...and lost all respect for DeYoung.
I'm not sure what to make of this thread. ^_^

Upvote 0

trialbyfire

Oct 12, 2007
✟1,834.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jimmy DeYoung told everyone on the Paul Ankerberg show that the "locusts" of the end times will be an alien invasion. I laughed at that then turned the channel...and lost all respect for DeYoung.
I'm not sure what to make of this thread. ^_^

Just before Christ comes on the clouds to destroy all the evil, the anti-christ, devil, and false prophet convince the armies of the world to gather to one place to fight against Christ as he comes on the clouds. Now, think about that. The devil is going to convince the nations of the world to gather to battle against an alleged enemy coming from the sky. (Revelation 16, Revelation 19)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

FaithGuyX

Reformed Newbie
Sep 11, 2009
✟7,788.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Just before Christ comes on the clouds to destroy all the evil, the anti-christ, devil, and false prophet convince the armies of the world to gather to one place to fight against Christ as he comes on the clouds. Now, think about that. The devil is going to convince the nations of the world to gather to battle against an alleged enemy coming from the sky. (Revelation 16, Revelation 19)

I have. :)

I'm amillenial and that includes not believing in all of that in a literal sense. I am also a non-futurist...I am not a preterist but I also don't believe John was writing to the 21st century audience at all in this book. I also believe that John wrote this book before the year 70 AD. I'm an enigma I guess. ;)

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,240.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I have. :)

I'm amillenial and that includes not believing in all of that in a literal sense. I am also a non-futurist...I am not a preterist but I also don't believe John was writing to the 21st century audience at all in this book. I also believe that John wrote this book before the year 70 AD. I'm an enigma I guess. ;)
I am generally referred to as that on CF. :D I am a Preterist.....

Unorthodox Theology - Christian Forums

http://www.christianforums.com/t7392923/
How much of Matthew 24 is fulfilled

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: FaithGuyX
Upvote 0

FaithGuyX

Reformed Newbie
Sep 11, 2009
✟7,788.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I can't quote you yet due to the links in your signature it seems. :D

I don't/can't take Apocalyptic writings as totally literal like the evangelical church in the western world seems to do today.(the majority that is, especially here in the States.)

I have studied ancient literature in university(LOTS of apoclyptic writings from around the world spectrum) and honestly I use the skills I learned in my studies there and that does include the same apocalyptic style writing of the bible....it cannot all be taken in the hyper-literal sense.
People nowadays do take said literature literally.
Is this wrong? I say no it is not wrong. Apocalyptic writing is very very hard to get a hold of to begin with.
I will say that the Holy Spirit has yet to convict me for my own viewpoint on this subject. So I'm good with it. ;)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

1whirlwind

Jun 26, 2009
✟5,815.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Out of the midst of the fire was the color amber, not amber itself.
and amber is a fossil tree resin, and not a metal.

To us...amber is a fossil tree resin. To us...color means it's color. That is not what it means in Hebrew. So, when we read [Ezekiel 1:4] it should be understood as...."a great cloud..out of the midst thereof as the colour (outward appearance) of amber (bronze metal.) "
Amber # 2830 ~ Chashmal, bronze or polished spectrum metal.

Colour #5869 ~ Ayin, outward appearance (and many other definitions as well.)

Upvote 0

chingchang

Jul 17, 2008
New Braunfels, Texas
✟10,259.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
To us...amber is a fossil tree resin. To us...color means it's color. That is not what it means in Hebrew. So, when we read [Ezekiel 1:4] it should be understood as...."a great cloud..out of the midst thereof as the colour (outward appearance) of amber (bronze metal.) "
Amber # 2830 ~ Chashmal, bronze or polished spectrum metal.

Colour #5869 ~ Ayin, outward appearance (and many other definitions as well.)

Wow. Very impressed with the OP and with 1whirlwind's insights. When though? I feel like this is coming really soon...but I don't have anything to back that up. I've spent a lot of time looking into the new age that is upon us. We are transitioning into it now and will cross the line in late 2012. It seems very obvious that a NWO is being established now and it might be ready for a world-leader by 2012. Perhaps this new world leader will be the final AC? How this all fits together nicely with Biblical prophecy is not totally clear to me now...but I'm very interested. One thing is for sure...a select group has been given advance knowlege of these happenings and is preparing the earth for these events. We have been and are being conditioned to accept these things and they are aquiring the necessary force and technology to suppress any uprisings.

All I can do is hope in the eventual return of Yeshua to establish a righteous earthly kingdom based on love. I think that is something we all desire...but it seems so far away...

CC

Upvote 0