Jul 26, 2003
Visit site
✟80,681.00
Faith
Non-Denom
HI

Here is your thief in the night.

Matthew 24
44So you also must be ready, because the Son of Man will come at an hour when you do not expect him.

...like a thief in the night...........nobody knows when death will come to them , it comes like a thief in the night.

At the parousia the heaven and earth of the old covenant is destroyed by symbolic fire and it is at the day of the Lord which comes as a thief in the night, just as your death comes like a thief in the night. That is death to many people too, like a thief in the night. Many connect this to 2 Peter 3:10.

End Quote

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah.........................No it is not each persons death.............................................................
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha Breath.......breath hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha............breath....................breath......................

No the Thief in the night is Parousia it is after the Great Tribulation........................hahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahaha............................................exposed

hhahahahahah....geee man I can't stop laughing.............................

You know like this

29: Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken: 30: And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

When all nations see Jesus coming in the Clouds..............once again not each person at their death.

You have shown your full preterist doctrine and you have also finally been honest about your belief........................

The Things I show with scripture stand up very well under scripture .........................much better then the pack of lies that make up Preterist doctrine.

I have dealt with your question in post 54 and showed that scripture is very clear the death of the Saints IS NOT the Great tribulation or the second Coming of Jesus.................I showed this in Matt and Daniel.....................where in both cases we are told that the end was a yet appointed time.

Your doctrine is sooooooo in error you think only non Christians are murdered in the Great tribulation.

In the Last 8 pages you have repeatedly shown that what you do best is twist scripture to fit your preterist position.

Sorry does not wash with me..................................your doctrine is the worst kind of scripture twisting.

Peter 2: IS NOT SYMBOLIC…………………it is the earth and all the works there of……………it happens AFTER the Great Tribulation……………………HERE ON EARTH ……….NOT IN HEAVEN…………………….We KNOW THIS BECAUSE …………JESUS TELLS US TO WATCH FOR THE SIGNS.

33: So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors. 34: Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.

So what the signs of our death……………………………………… hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha Breath.......breath hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha............breath....................breath......................

Yes the Generation that see the Great tribulation will see Jesus return when he comes in the clouds and all nations see him…………………………..that was not Judea in 70 AD as I pointed out and you tried to brush away it will be the worse thing TO EVER HAPPEN ON EARTH

Thanks for the conversation Justme…………………………………………….

Upvote 0

Justme

Senior Veteran
Jun 20, 2002
western prairies
Visit site
✟6,941.00
Faith
Christian
Hi Just the Facts,

Yes the Generation that see the Great tribulation will see Jesus return when he comes in the clouds and all nations see him…………………………..that was not Judea in 70 AD as I pointed out and you tried to brush away it will be the worse thing TO EVER HAPPEN ON EARTH
I agree with the first part, the bible said it was Judea, I'll stay with that, nowhere does it say that it is the worst thing to happen on earth, only that it has never happened before and won't again.

Okay so after a couple of weeks of jumping all around the subject of the discussion, could we get back on track?

We are talking about the end time or more specifically , the time of the end. Did you ever notice that Daniel always terms it the time of the end?

Justme

Upvote 0

Just The Facts

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 26, 2003
Visit site
✟80,681.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Hi

I agree with the first part, the bible said it was Judea, I'll stay with that, nowhere does it say that it is the worst thing to happen on earth, only that it has never happened before and won't again.
End Quote

WRONG...............JUST PLAIN WRONG.......just because you say it IS NOT the worst ever to yourself a thousand times does not change the reality and truth of the verse.

No it says in the world.....CAN YOU READ...........without changing it to suit your doctrine

Matt 24:21: For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.

I made it really big in the hope that you will be able to see through the scales.

It clearly says it is the worst the world ever seen YOU ARE WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG.

An No I will not go in another circle around a circle with you.

The Truth is shown ........and it is not Preterism or what ever you wish to call the false doctrine you espouse.

Upvote 0

Justme

Senior Veteran
Jun 20, 2002
western prairies
Visit site
✟6,941.00
Faith
Christian
Hi Just the Facts,

Boy, was that ever big! It gave me good oppurtunity to look for where it said it was the 'worst' or the 'longest' or the 'most killed' and it isn't there. It still says the same thing as when I first read it 40 years ago. ...something about it hasn't happened before in history and never will again.

Thru out this thread I have said to you that the scripture will weed out the errors.
Like here:
This is where you insist it must be the worst of something. Let's just let the scripture sort that out for us. Because it will, if it is given the chance.
I said this too:
There it is, properly recorded....... and I say it was that generation Jesus was talking to. Let's continue on and see where the scripture leads us.
I said this to start with:
Don't worry about it, the truth comes out as we go thru the verses. Whichever one of us is blowing smoke WILL be exposed, it is just a matter of time. One of us will come up against the ultimate conflict of our very own words contradicting each other and the bible. It never fails unless one of us backs out and runs and hides..........or the thread gets shut down.
So we have Just the Facts saying:

..some future generation sees the great tribulation...I say it was the one Jesus was talking to.

...You say the gospel wasn't preached to the whoever, so the 'end' can't come yet. Paul said the gospel was preached to every creature under heaven.
...you say the earth and Heaven physical burn up when the 'end' comes. I say it spiritually 'burns' up at the 'end' talked about in Matthew 24, I say it physically burns up at a day and an hour that only the Father knows of...like a thief in the night.( That's a whole different thread I'd think)

....you said that Christians die in the great tribulation, I say they don't...I'm sure a few die, but they are not the target of the wrath of God...That too, is another thread and I already started it , both here and on unorthodox theology. Please jump in.

You see if the 'end' is in the first century somehow, and that is what we are trying to determine, then you have some serious misconceptions of biblical reality. If the end is 'tommorrow, them I have the serious mess. As one poster so aptly put it, " if I am not correct, then I am wrong"...you just cannot argue with logic like that, it is rock solid.

So Just the Facts, if you want to quit circling you have total control over it.....quit dodging and get dealin'

I'll start with easy ones.

You said the generation is the one that sees the great tribulation happen.

Great! Matthew records a question asked of Jesus as:

3And as he sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world?

26For then must he often have suffered since the foundation of the world: but now once in the end of the world hath he appeared to put away sin by the sacrifice of himself.

DEAL WITH IT, JTF,............. OR DO WHAT YOU DO BEST!!!!!!
Justme

Upvote 0

Just The Facts

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 26, 2003
Visit site
✟80,681.00
Faith
Non-Denom
HI

Boy, was that ever big! It gave me good oppurtunity to look for where it said it was the 'worst' or the 'longest' or the 'most killed' and it isn't there.
End Quote

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

..........sounds like the worst of all histoiry to me

nor shall there ever be.........and there was only a hundred things worrse since 70 AD.........deal with it or do what you do best denial and illusion

bye

Upvote 0

mostie

Dec 30, 2004
Canada at the moment, eh! ;-)
✟451.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Politics
US-Republican
Bulldog said:
Hello all,

I am not fidning any scripture that would support the idea that the AntiChrist is a physical, single person. The only verses that use the word "antichrist" are in the epistles of John.

1Jo 2:18 Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.

1Jo 2:22 Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.

1Jo 4:3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that [spirit] of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

Simple conclusions from these verses would lead us to believe that the Antichrist is a spirit that moves along the spirits of unbelievers, and that this was around at the time of John.

Or am I just missing the "premillennial picture"? Are there verses I'm ignoring?

2Jo 1:7 For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.
What needs to be understood is that just as all believers follow the Spirit of Christ and there is ONE Christ the very same thing is true about the spirit of the Antichrist and the Antichrist.

Note that in John he talks about the spirit of the Antichrist and many antichrists. We are called Christians which means "little Christs" because we follow the Spirit of Christ. In the same way, these deceiving people of sin are "anti-christs" because they follow the spirit of the antichrist.

In John we discover the spirit of the antichrist is already at work in John's time. Now look at 2 Thessalonians 2 where Paul says the spirit of Lawlessness is already at work in his discussion of the "one man" of lawlesness that will appear at the end time. Exact same idea in Paul's letter as we find also in John's letter. Also note in 1 John 3 which discusses that all sin is lawlessness. Both Paul and John are discussing the very same thing. The spirit of the antichrist sprang forth in the Sandhedrin who conspired against Jesus to kill him. It was already at work in apostolic times.

To presume that there were many antichrists is a means of concluding that there is not one Antichrist but many antichrists is a false dichotomy which misses the point. Just as the Spirit of Christ is manifested in the one man Jesus, so also the spirit of the Antichrist will be manifested in one man, the Man of Lawlessness, the Antichrist.

"The Antichrist" is simply a term to describe that one man described in 2 Thessalonians 2, a person who is obviously 100% anti-Christ.:)

Upvote 0

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
Justme said:
Hi Visionary,

So I take it you are saying the antichrist is a man. So then is the antichrist the man of lawlessness of 2 Thess 2?

Justme
Remember angels are also called man in scripture....Satan will be doing the greatest imitation of Jesus Christ....He can not come in the flesh and he is not Holy....but he wants all the world to worship him as god...I see him as the beast out of the bottomless pit...King of the Pit. ...Azazel arrives in time to fulfill the Day of Atonement, Judgment Day. That is the time when the two goats are brought before the temple and one is chosen for Jehovah and sacrificed and the other is Azazel, the scapegoat will be led out into the wilderness...as far as I am concerned the bottomless pit again.

Angels have been called "men". Gen. 18:2, three men, Elohim and two angels called men, but called angels 19:1, 15. Compare John 20:12 with Luke 24:4God, though He is not an angel, is a "man" (ish) of war (Exo. 15:3)Gabriel means "man of God", and is called a man in Dan. 9:21.

2 John 1:7
For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.

Revelation 9:1
And the fifth angel sounded, and I saw a star fall from heaven unto the earth: and to him was given the key of the bottomless pit.

Revelation 9:11
And they had a king over them, which is the angel of the bottomless pit, whose name in the Hebrew tongue is Abaddon, but in the Greek tongue hath his name Apollyon.

Notice this happens after the three and 1/2 years of testimony.

Revelation 11:7
And when they [the two witnesses] shall have finished their testimony, the beast that ascendeth out of the bottomless pit shall make war against them, and shall overcome them, and kill them.

Before the flood Azazel and other evil angels were mating with women...God sent the flood but that did not destroy the evil angels, they were condemned to the bottomless pit, to be brought forth on judgment day...

Revelation 17:8
The beast that thou sawest was, and is not; and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit, and go into perdition: and they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, whose names were not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, when they behold the beast that was, and is not, and yet is

It takes the hand of a fit man...to take Azazel away at the end of judgment on the Day of Atonement...

Revelation 20:3
And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.

Upvote 0

brother daniel

Dec 3, 2004
Bethel, New york
Visit site
✟17,572.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
This thread keeps getting off the subject of, "The "anti-christ" a person".
We are all students here.
Jesus Christ and HIS Holy Spirit is our teacher.
The Holy Spirit tells us "antichrist" is a spirit.
the "man of lawlessness" is a person" filled with the spirit of antichrist as was Judas.
HERE IS YOUR FREE ON LINE BIBLE GATEWAY
http://www.biblegateway.com/
Here is an ON LINE TOOL for house churchers when dealing with questions of mis translation from Hebrew and Greek is the STRONGS EXHAUSTIVE CONCORDANCE.
http://www.eliyah.com/lexicon.html
GO WITH JESUS

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

brother daniel

Dec 3, 2004
Bethel, New york
Visit site
✟17,572.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
tribulation is a word that Keeps some people hung up
From Strongs Concordance
2347 thlipsis thlip'-sis from 2346; pressure (literally or figuratively):--afflicted(-tion), anguish, burdened, persecution, tribulation, trouble
GREAT TRIBULATION as Jesus was speaking about in Matthew 24
is GREAT PREASSURE, GREAT AFFLECTION, GREAT ANGUISH, GREAT TROUBLE.
"Such as was not since the beginning of the World, to this day, nor ever shall be."
AND THE WRATH OF GOD IS SOMETHING much worse.

HERE IS YOUR FREE ON LINE BIBLE GATEWAY
http://www.biblegateway.com/
Here is an ON LINE TOOL for students when dealing with questions of mis translation from Hebrew and Greek is the STRONGS EXHAUSTIVE CONCORDANCE.
http://www.eliyah.com/lexicon.html
GO WITH JESUS

Upvote 0

Justme

Senior Veteran
Jun 20, 2002
western prairies
Visit site
✟6,941.00
Faith
Christian
Hi Mostie,
"The Antichrist" is simply a term to describe that one man described in 2 Thessalonians 2, a person who is obviously 100% anti-Christ.
I think I'll go with that too.

Then when we apply verse 7 and 8:

7For the mystery of lawlessness is already at work; only he who now restrains will do so until he is taken out of the way.
8Then that lawless one will be revealed whom the Lord will slay with the breath of His mouth and bring to an end by the appearance of His coming;

Then the choices become.........
if it is an actual man, he was being held back in the first century and all that stuff is long over. He is either adead and the event was first century or he is a very old man still being held back.

If you want it to be future it has to be a spirit. The letters from John don't really say that the anti christ is a spirit. They say that the spirit of antichrist is within these pwople, still requiring that they be people.

Justme

Upvote 0

Justme

Senior Veteran
Jun 20, 2002
western prairies
Visit site
✟6,941.00
Faith
Christian
HI Daniel,

The Holy Spirit tells us "antichrist" is a spirit.
the "man of lawlessness" is a person" filled with the spirit of antichrist as was Judas.
Could you show me how this shakes out with 2 Thess 2:7 and 8 as I asked Mostie in that post?

Justme

Upvote 0

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
brother daniel said:
tribulation is a word that Keeps some people hung up
From Strongs Concordance
2347 thlipsis thlip'-sis from 2346; pressure (literally or figuratively):--afflicted(-tion), anguish, burdened, persecution, tribulation, trouble
GREAT TRIBULATION as Jesus was speaking about in Matthew 24
is GREAT PREASSURE, GREAT AFFLECTION, GREAT ANGUISH, GREAT TROUBLE.
"Such as was not since the beginning of the World, to this day, nor ever shall be."
AND THE WRATH OF GOD IS SOMETHING much worse.

Trumpets of Revelation although they sound similiar to the plagues out of the seven bowls of God's wrath are different. So I agree that while the great tribulation is tough....the Wrath is without mercy.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.