Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others
I found an interest talk by Fr. Linus Clovis about a prophecy made by Pope St. John Paul who warned two years before he was Pope:

We are now standing in the face of the greatest historical confrontation humanity has gone through. I do not think that wide circles of American society or wide circles of the Christian community realize this fully. We are now facing the final confrontation between the Church and the anti-Church, of the Gospel versus the anti-Gospel. We must be prepared to undergo great trials in the not-too-distant future; trials that will require us to be ready to give up even our lives, and a total gift of self to Christ and for Christ. Through your prayers and mine, it is possible to alleviate this tribulation, but it is no longer possible to avert it. . . .How many times has the renewal of the Church been brought about in blood! It will not be different this time.

One paragraph in the talk of Fr. Clovis explains:

Cardinal Wojtyla’s anxiety gives us additional grounds to take the message of Fatima seriously. In August 1931, Our Lord Himself appeared to Sister Lucia and, referring to His command for the collegial consecration of Russia, commanded her to “Make it known to My ministers that given they follow the example of the King of France in delaying the execution of My request, they will follow him into misfortune.” This warning, together with the Cardinal’s declaration that this trial cannot be averted, is perhaps, what has so many fearful. Like every passion, fear, in order to be morally good, must be regulated by reason_ Here is the article: The anti-Church has come. Why faithful Catholics should not be afraid.

Here is the article:
The anti-Church has come. Why faithful Catholics should not be afraid

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I found an interest talk by Fr. Linus Clovis about a prophecy made by Pope St. John Paul who warned two years before he was Pope:

We are now standing in the face of the greatest historical confrontation humanity has gone through. I do not think that wide circles of American society or wide circles of the Christian community realize this fully. We are now facing the final confrontation between the Church and the anti-Church, of the Gospel versus the anti-Gospel. We must be prepared to undergo great trials in the not-too-distant future; trials that will require us to be ready to give up even our lives, and a total gift of self to Christ and for Christ. Through your prayers and mine, it is possible to alleviate this tribulation, but it is no longer possible to avert it. . . .How many times has the renewal of the Church been brought about in blood! It will not be different this time.

One paragraph in the talk of Fr. Clovis explains:

Cardinal Wojtyla’s anxiety gives us additional grounds to take the message of Fatima seriously. In August 1931, Our Lord Himself appeared to Sister Lucia and, referring to His command for the collegial consecration of Russia, commanded her to “Make it known to My ministers that given they follow the example of the King of France in delaying the execution of My request, they will follow him into misfortune.” This warning, together with the Cardinal’s declaration that this trial cannot be averted, is perhaps, what has so many fearful. Like every passion, fear, in order to be morally good, must be regulated by reason_ Here is the article: The anti-Church has come. Why faithful Catholics should not be afraid.

Here is the article:
The anti-Church has come. Why faithful Catholics should not be afraid
In Matthew 24 we read: "lawlessness will be increased, the love of many will grow cold". I see this happening today. In fact it is amazing how many people in high offices are fighting for lawlessness.

Upvote 0

BroIgnatius

Deliverance Counselor, Apologist, Spiritual Dir
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2003
Just outside the State of Grace
Visit site
✟136,944.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others
In Matthew 24 we read: "lawlessness will be increased, the love of many will grow cold". I see this happening today. In fact it is amazing how many people in high offices are fighting for lawlessness.

Yes, and another prophecy, this time from St. Paul giving advice to St. Timothy (2 Timothy 3:1-

But understand this, that in the last days there will come times of stress. 2 For men will be lovers of self, lovers of money, proud, arrogant, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, 3 inhuman, implacable, slanderers, profligates, fierce, haters of good, 4 treacherous, reckless, swollen with conceit, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, 5 holding the form of religion but denying the power of it. Avoid such people. 6 For among them are those who make their way into households and capture weak women, burdened with sins and swayed by various impulses, 7 who will listen to anybody and can never arrive at a knowledge of the truth. 8 As Jannes and Jambres opposed Moses, so these men also oppose the truth, men of corrupt mind and counterfeit faith; 9 but they will not get very far, for their folly will be plain to all, as was that of those two men.

Pope Peter gives us advice about our days in 1 Peter 4:

Good Stewards of God’s Grace
Since therefore Christ suffered in the flesh, arm yourselves with the same thought, for whoever has suffered in the flesh has ceased from sin, 2 so as to live for the rest of the time in the flesh no longer by human passions but by the will of God. 3 Let the time that is past suffice for doing what the Gentiles like to do, living in licentiousness, passions, drunkenness, revels, carousing, and lawless idolatry. 4 They are surprised that you do not now join them in the same wild profligacy, and they abuse you; 5 but they will give account to him who is ready to judge the living and the dead. 6 For this is why the gospel was preached even to the dead, that though judged in the flesh like men, they might live in the spirit like God.

7 The end of all things is at hand; therefore keep sane and sober for your prayers. 8 Above all hold unfailing your love for one another, since love covers a multitude of sins. 9 Practice hospitality ungrudgingly to one another. 10 As each has received a gift, employ it for one another, as good stewards of God’s varied grace: 11 whoever speaks, as one who utters oracles of God; whoever renders service, as one who renders it by the strength which God supplies; in order that in everything God may be glorified through Jesus Christ. To him belong glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

Suffering as a Christian
12 Beloved, do not be surprised at the fiery ordeal which comes upon you to prove you, as though something strange were happening to you. 13 But rejoice in so far as you share Christ’s sufferings, that you may also rejoice and be glad when his glory is revealed. 14 If you are reproached for the name of Christ, you are blessed, because the spirit of glory and of God rests upon you. 15 But let none of you suffer as a murderer, or a thief, or a wrongdoer, or a mischief-maker; 16 yet if one suffers as a Christian, let him not be ashamed, but under that name let him glorify God. 17 For the time has come for judgment to begin with the household of God; and if it begins with us, what will be the end of those who do not obey the gospel of God? 18 And

“If the righteous man is scarcely saved,
where will the impious and sinner appear?”

19 Therefore let those who suffer according to God’s will do right and entrust their souls to a faithful Creator.

Upvote 0

eastcoast_bsc

Veteran
Mar 29, 2005
Boston
✟394,442.00
Faith
Christian

I feel we are moving more quickly toward the end times. The people in high office are complete and utter reprobates. There is no longer even a pretense of being concerned with the needs of the people.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I feel we are moving more quickly toward the end times. The people in high office are complete and utter reprobates. There is no longer even a pretense of being concerned with the needs of the people.
I believe we have around 12 years based on the church beginning when Peter preached in the upper room on the day of pentecost around 29 Ad. They use to talk about the end being around the year 2,000 but that was based on when Jesus was born not when the church began.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes, and another prophecy, this time from St. Paul giving advice to St. Timothy (2 Timothy 3:1-

Pope Peter gives us advice about our days in 1 Peter 4:
Yes "Peter tells us that With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day." 2 Peter 2:8 We are very close to the 2000 year anniversary or birthday of the church.

Upvote 0

BroIgnatius

Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2003
Visit site
✟136,944.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others
I believe we have around 12 years based on the church beginning when Peter preached in the upper room on the day of pentecost around 29 Ad. They use to talk about the end being around the year 2,000 but that was based on when Jesus was born not when the church began.

Yes "Peter tells us that With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day." 2 Peter 2:8 We are very close to the 2000 year anniversary or birthday of the church.

The second coming might not be for 1000 years, we do not know. The quote from Peter is saying that to God there is no time, thus is not an indicator of linear time.

Certainly conditions will be at the highest point of ripeness in another 50 years, I believe. Obama gave us a peek at what this future culture will be like -- a militant atheism born out of atheistic secularism and dialectic materialism, as the Navarre Bible Commentary tells us. In 50 years the upcoming generations will think the new culture is normal. In fact, it is already happening. I see it in my grandkids and in all the millennial generation. But, in 50 years the generations that remember what are now considered the old traditions and values will be mostly dead allowing for the antiChrist regime to have its way largely unopposed, except for a remnant. While the last 25-30 years of this century may be ripe for this, we may have to live in those ripe conditions (that cesspool) for centuries before the antiChirst and the Second Coming. Remember, no one knows the time and it is not appropriate nor biblical to speculate on when the end will come.

As for "End Days", technically the end time began in 33 A.D., and that is how the disciples originally understood it to be.

The idea that the second coming would be in 2000 years from Pentecost is not even close to Catholic teaching. That idea came from Protestant Dispensationalism, which is a man-made doctrine not even 200 years old.

It derives from the teachings of John Nelson Darby in the 1830s. He was prominent with the Plymouth Brethren and the founder of the Exclusive Brethren. Dispensationalism became really popular in the early 20th century with the publication of the Scofield Reference Bible. When I was a teen and later a Baptist minister, the Scofield and the Thompson Chain Reference Bible were the most highly coveted. I still have both of these volumes. My goal at the time was to attend Dallas Theological Seminary, the flagship of Dispensational Theology.

Concerning end times, the Book of Revelation, the prophecies of Daniel, etc. we, as Catholics, need to be careful to stay close to the Church. The Dispensational rhetoric has been so successful here in the U.S. that when we think of these issues we think, even Catholics, of the Dispensational ideas though we may not realize it. The Fundamentalist and Evangelical branches of Protestantism have pretty much won the day in people's thinking on end times.

But, we must stay close to the Church on these issues to not go astray.

The "anti-Church" is just part of that process of God's Salvation Plan.

"Be not afraid" --Pope St. John Paul

Last edited:
Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The second coming might not be for 1000 years, we do not know. The quote from Peter is saying that to God there is no time, thus is not an indicator of linear time.

Certainly conditions will be at the highest point of ripeness in another 50 years, I believe. Obama gave us a peek at what this future culture will be like -- a militant atheism born out of atheistic secularism and dialectic materialism, as the Navarre Bible Commentary tells us. In 50 years the upcoming generations will think the new culture is normal. In fact, it is already happening. I see it in my grandkids and in all the millennial generation. But, in 50 years the generations that remember what are now considered the old traditions and values will be mostly dead allowing for the antiChrist regime to have its way largely unopposed, except for a remnant. While the last 25-30 years of this century may be ripe for this, we may have to live in those ripe conditions (that cesspool) for centuries before the anti Chirst and the Second Coming. Remember, no one knows the time and it is not appropriate nor biblical to speculate on when the end will come.

As for "End Days", technically the end time began in 33 A.D., and that is how the disciples originally understood it to be.

The idea that the second coming would be in 2000 years from Pentecost is not even close to Catholic teaching. That idea came from Protestant Dispensationalism, which is a man-made doctrine not even 200 years old.

It derives from the teachings of John Nelson Darby in the 1830s. He was prominent with the Plymouth Brethren and the founder of the Exclusive Brethren. Dispensationalism became really popular in the early 20th century with the publication of the Scofield Reference Bible. When I was a teen and later a Baptist minister, the Scofield and the Thompson Chain Reference Bible were the most highly coveted. I still have both of these volumes. My goal at the time was to attend Dallas Theological Seminary, the flagship of Dispensational Theology.

Concerning end times, the Book of Revelation, the prophecies of Daniel, etc. we, as Catholics, need to be careful to stay close to the Church. The Dispensational rhetoric has been so successful here in the U.S. that when we think of these issues we think, even Catholics, of the Dispensational ideas though we may not realize it. The Fundamentalist and Evangelical branches of Protestantism have pretty much won the day in people's thinking on end times.

But, we must stay close to the Church on these issues to not go astray.

The "anti-Church" is just part of that process of God's Salvation Plan.

"Be not afraid" --Pope St. John Paul
You cover quite a bit here. Some people believe that because this is the "Jewish" year 5777 then we have another 223 years to go before the 1,000 year reign of Christ. For me I am 65 so I will be doing good to see the 2,000 year anniversary of the church in the year 2033 according to you. I use the date 2029 based on the Apophis comet. Although your date is significant also.

What we see today is a very interesting combination of law and lawlessness. We are told in matthew 24 12 that "lawlessness will be increased, the love of many will grow cold". Jesus was answering two questions at the same time: “when will all this happen, and what will be the sign of Your coming and of the end of the age?” The first part of the prophecy already took place when the temple was torn down in Jerusalem in 70 AD. If you are using the 2033 date then that would be going by a mid trib timeline.

Upvote 0

BroIgnatius

Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2003
Visit site
✟136,944.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others
You cover quite a bit here. Some people believe that because this is the "Jewish" year 5777 then we have another 223 years to go before the 1,000 year reign of Christ. For me I am 65 so I will be doing good to see the 2,000 year anniversary of the church in the year 2033 according to you. I use the date 2029 based on the Apophis comet. Although your date is significant also.

What we see today is a very interesting combination of law and lawlessness. We are told in matthew 24 12 that "lawlessness will be increased, the love of many will grow cold". Jesus was answering two questions at the same time: “when will all this happen, and what will be the sign of Your coming and of the end of the age?” The first part of the prophecy already took place when the temple was torn down in Jerusalem in 70 AD. If you are using the 2033 date then that would be going by a mid trib timeline.

I am not pre-trib, mid-trib, post-trib or any trib since all that is man-made notions of the Dispensational theology invented by Darby, et al. back in the 1830s.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am not pre-trib, mid-trib, post-trib or any trib since all that is man-made notions of the Dispensational theology invented by Darby, et al. back in the 1830s.
I never said anything about a tribulation, you did and it was very interesting. I only mentioned that the church is very close to our 2,000 year anniversary. In Mathew 24 they did ask Jesus: "what will be the sign of your coming and of the end of the age?” I do not try to figure out when the end of this age will be. To many people have been wrong trying to figure that out. Lots and lots of people try to sell books and make money off of their speculation as to when the end of the age will take place as Peter and the other disciples asked Jesus in Matthew chapter 24.

Upvote 0

BroIgnatius

Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2003
Visit site
✟136,944.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others
I never said anything about a tribulation, you did and it was very interesting. I only mentioned that the church is very close to our 2,000 year anniversary. In Mathew 24 they did ask Jesus: "what will be the sign of your coming and of the end of the age?” I do not try to figure out when the end of this age will be. To many people have been wrong trying to figure that out. Lots and lots of people try to sell books and make money off of their speculation as to when the end of the age will take place as Peter and the other disciples asked Jesus in Matthew chapter 24.

You said:
If you are using the 2033 date then that would be going by a mid trib timeline.

Upvote 0