Not open for further replies.

Outspoken

Standing in the Gap
Nov 8, 2002
✟22,188.00
Faith
Christian
Jet Black said:
hey everybody, please don't fall for BCs equivocation of pedophilia (attraction to children - a thought) and pederasty (molestation - an action) or you'll just end up agreein with him, and that is what I was trying very carefully not to do.

BC, you never did answer me,

is attraction a thought, or not?

So the thought is okay? Not getting your connection here.

Upvote 0
J

Jet Black

Outspoken said:
So you think attraction is just a thought not to be acted out?

be a little careful of definition there:

attraction in this case is a desire for something. It does not necessitate action, but it does not deny it either.

e.g. I can be attracted to a woman, but it is entirely up to me to cheat on my girlfriend to be with her, or not (as it happens I choose not)

Upvote 0

Outspoken

Standing in the Gap
Nov 8, 2002
✟22,188.00
Faith
Christian
Jet Black said:
be a little careful of definition there:

attraction in this case is a desire for something. It does not necessitate action, but it does not deny it either.

e.g. I can be attracted to a woman, but it is entirely up to me to cheat on my girlfriend to be with her, or not (as it happens I choose not)
Hmm..but your over all attraction to women is acted out. I see the gray line..could you clear it up?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
J

Jet Black

Outspoken said:
Hmm..but your over all attraction to women is acted out. I see the gray line..could you clear it up?

only because I made the choice to be with my girlfriend in the first place. If there was a compelling reason for me to not choose to act on my attraction for her, then I would not have done. For example, if she had a boyfriend, I would not have acted on my attraction.

does this clear it up?

Upvote 0

Outspoken

Standing in the Gap
Nov 8, 2002
✟22,188.00
Faith
Christian
Jet Black said:
only because I made the choice to be with my girlfriend in the first place. If there was a compelling reason for me to not choose to act on my attraction for her, then I would not have done. For example, if she had a boyfriend, I would not have acted on my attraction.

does this clear it up?

Nope, are you talking about specific attractions, or sexual attraction as a whole..I thought it was the latter.

Upvote 0
J

Jet Black

Outspoken said:
Nope, are you talking about specific attractions, or sexual attraction as a whole..I thought it was the latter.

I see. In this case I am talking about a specific attraction, but the same rule applies. If there was a compelling reason for me to not act on a more general attraction, then I would not.

(I wasn't sure what you meant by grey line, sorry if I cleared up the wrong grey line)

Upvote 0

Outspoken

Standing in the Gap
Nov 8, 2002
✟22,188.00
Faith
Christian
Jet Black said:
I see. In this case I am talking about a specific attraction, but the same rule applies. If there was a compelling reason for me to not act on a more general attraction, then I would not.
So your attraction to women is defined only in your thought and not action at all? then what is proof of your attraction? Once you show it then you've acted it out, or speak on it, you've acted out the attraction.

Upvote 0
J

Jet Black

Outspoken said:
So your attraction to women is defined only in your thought and not action at all? then what is proof of your attraction? Once you show it then you've acted it out, or speak on it, you've acted out the attraction.

My attraction is in itself only defined by my thoughts, yes. It is unimportant whether I show it, speak it, or act on it.

There does not need to be proof of an attraction, it is merely a thought. Are you saying that heterosexuals are only heterosexuals when they have sex with someone of the opposite sex?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Outspoken

Standing in the Gap
Nov 8, 2002
✟22,188.00
Faith
Christian
Jet Black said:
My attraction is in itself only defined by my thoughts, yes. It is unimportant whether I show it, speak it, or act on it.

There does not need to be proof of an attraction, it is merely a thought. Are you saying that heterosexuals are only heterosexuals when they have sex with someone of the opposite sex?

So how do you know its attraction then? The behavior you see as attraction can't be proven until its acted out. Thus the gray..? You're asking my question..LOL. So lets try and clear this up...You're saying that you can be a homosexual without acting upon it?

Upvote 0
J

Jet Black

Outspoken said:
So how do you know its attraction then? The behavior you see as attraction can't be proven until its acted out. Thus the gray..?

As I said, proof of an attraction is not required, since attraction is simply a desire for something. You know if you are attracted to someone or not don't you, or do you have to try it out to find out?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.