-
✟681,411.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
plus, the post speaks of visualizing the channels or whatever. visualization is a red flag since anything we can visualize is a creation of our mind and not God since He is uncreated.
The Buddhist meditation described in the other thread involves visualization of a fiery short stroke AH syllable on the navel. Other oriental meditations visualize a rose or candlelight. I don't know if the RC meditation on the heart of Christ falls in the same category.

In the Philokalia, I believe, saints warn against all visualizations. Then there are the experiences of Pentecostals who feel a flow of oil. I remember hearing about some who laugh uncontrollably or bark like dogs!

I appreciate your comments.

Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,463,794.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
The Buddhist meditation described in the other thread involves visualization of a fiery short stroke AH syllable on the navel. Other oriental meditations visualize a rose or candlelight. I don't know if the RC meditation on the heart of Christ falls in the same category.

In the Philokalia, I believe, saints warn against all visualizations. Then there are the experiences of Pentecostals who feel a flow of oil. I remember hearing about some who laugh uncontrollably or bark like dogs!

I appreciate your comments.

yeah. if we focus on anything sensual, we open ourselves up to demonic or psychological deception (or both).

Reactions: Andrewn
Upvote 0