New York
✟14,001.00
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I can't link to any of his videos here, because he uses profanity; but how many of you guys have seen him? This guy's absolutely hilarious in how he rips apart bad games and consoles. He's not just mega funny, but he makes some really valid points as well.

I first saw one of his videos back in '07, on the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. I reccomend (sp?) that anyone who's never heard of him, should start with that video first, which can be found on youtube.

Anyone else heard of this guy?

JCFantasy23

In a Kingdom by the Sea.
Jul 1, 2008
Lakeland, FL
✟502,107.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Yes have seen almost all his videos. Sometimes his language gets overbearing and some of his stuff gets too gross but overall he's hysterical. It depends on the review and video, but my son, brother and I have been a fan for a few years now. I like his review of Bible Video Games, especially with the one with Noah (lol)

Upvote 0
G

Gai Gekiganger

Is this Him ? He lost 245 pounds from eating Subway sandwiches
subway-full.jpg

Upvote 0

Breakaway_republic

Feb 21, 2009
Palm Bay, FL
✟15,831.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
AVGN, swears a lot. but is better than IrateGamer [who ripped off a lot of his stuff and is unoriginal like most pop culture]. However, AVGN is actually quite good in that he doesn't just review games, but also the consoles that played them.

Upvote 0

Jan 27, 2009
Somewhere out there
✟8,559.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-NDP
He's definitely smart, quirky, and got that certain personality that makes you like him, despite the harshness of language. And yeah, you can't disagree with the vast majority of points he makes.

Irategamer just tends to whine about minute points. AVGN really does a lot of deep videos that really go into why a game is bad. Irate tends to complain about endings or Engrish. Yes, of course Konami games are going to have bad translations from Japanese in the NES era; it's not like developers already had top notch english translators on staff at that point.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ryanharvey

May 26, 2021
Connecticut
✟201.00
Country
United States
Faith
Celtic Catholic
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
I've used to watch AVGN all the time when in the good old times! Even played his games, great stuff. Also, you must've also heard about Blog Status and this site is about writing essays and college homework! Pretty much all the stuff you will need in your hardworking times!

Upvote 0

Ignatius the Kiwi

Dissident
Mar 2, 2013
✟290,768.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Was watching him when he first appeared on the internet. Been watching him off and on since then.

He's definitely aged better than a lot of internet personalities that popped up at the time. Anyone from Channel awesome comes to mind as just being cringe to me today. I don't really care much for the the old style of Nerd Videos anymore, but I like his more down to earth stuff where it's just himself explaining a game or movie.

Upvote 0

BrAndreyu

Jun 1, 2020
Florida
✟30,776.00
Country
United States
Faith
Ukr. Grk. Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I've been watching AVGN since he first popped up with that video about my favorite Castlevania game... and ripped it apart.

But I understand that he's a humorist and his reviews are not meant to be taken as serious. I mean, the guy said that Ghosts n Goblins was a bad game... so....

Upvote 0