The Anathemas against The Image Breakers from The Seventh Ecumenical Council in 787 A.D.

Jude1:3Contendforthefaith

Supporter
Dec 28, 2017
Arizona
✟528,811.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
• Seventh Ecumenical Council (787 A.D.)

Session 1

CHURCH FATHERS: Second Council of Nicaea

Anathema to the calumniators of the Christians, that is to The Image Breakers.

Anathema to those who apply the words of Holy Scripture which were spoken against idols, to the venerable images.

Anathema to those who do not salute the holy and venerable images.

Anathema to those who say that Christians have recourse to the images as to gods.

Anathema to those who call the sacred images idols.

Anathema to those who knowingly communicate with those who revile and dishonour the venerable images.

Anathema to those who say that another than Christ our Lord has delivered us from idols.

Anathema to those who spurn the teachings of the holy Fathers and the tradition of the Catholic Church, taking as a pretext and making their own the arguments of Arius, Nestorius, Eutyches, and Dioscorus, that unless we were evidently taught by the Old and New Testaments, we should not follow the teachings of the holy Fathers and of the holy Ecumenical Synods, and the tradition of the Catholic Church.

Anathema to those who dare to say that the Catholic Church has at any time sanctioned idols.

Anathema to those who say that the making of images is a diabolical invention and not a tradition of our holy Fathers.

Seventh Ecumenical Council - OrthodoxWiki

sundayorthodoxy.jpg

icon-of-the-triumph-of-orthodoxy.jpg

Last edited:

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,918.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Session 1

Anathema to those who apply the words of Holy Scripture which were spoken against idols, to the venerable images.

Anathema to those who say that Christians have recourse to the images as to gods.

Anathema to those who knowingly communicate with those who revile and dishonour the venerable images.

Anathema to those who say that another than Christ our Lord has delivered us from idols.

Anathema to those who spurn the teachings of the holy Fathers and the tradition of the Catholic Church, taking as a pretext and making their own the arguments of Arius, Nestorius, Eutyches, and Dioscorus, that unless we were evidently taught by the Old and New Testaments, we should not follow the teachings of the holy Fathers and of the holy Ecumenical Synods, and the tradition of the CatholicChurch.

Anathema to those who dare to say that the Catholic Church has at any time sanctioned idols.

Anathema to those who say that the making of images is a diabolical invention and not a tradition of our holy Fathers.

sundayorthodoxy.jpg

Wrong forum? Why would anyone argue against The Image Breakers from The Seventh Ecumenical Council in 787 A.D.

Upvote 0

Supporter
Dec 28, 2017
Arizona
✟528,811.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Wrong forum? Why would anyone argue against The Image Breakers from The Seventh Ecumenical Council in 787 A.D.

Another thread got on a side conversation about holy images so I made this thread to get the discussion back on track.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,918.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Session 1

Anathema to those who spurn the teachings of the holy Fathers and the tradition of the Catholic Church, taking as a pretext and making their own the arguments of Arius, Nestorius, Eutyches, and Dioscorus, that unless we were evidently taught by the Old and New Testaments, we should not follow the teachings of the holy Fathers and of the holy Ecumenical Synods, and the tradition of the Catholic Church.

sundayorthodoxy.jpg

Well.....I like em.

Upvote 0

Supporter
Dec 28, 2017
Arizona
✟528,811.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Then Joshua tore his clothes, And Fell To The Earth On His Face Before The Ark Of The Lord Until Evening, He And The Elders Of Israel; And they put dust on their heads.
Joshua 7:6

ArkCov1.jpg

image007.jpg

5730.jpg

XONJ5.jpg

bowing-before-the-cross-orthodox.jpg

Upvote 0

D.A. Wright

Stealth Defender Of Holy Writ
Supporter
Jul 18, 2019
Central PA
✟53,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

D.A. Wright

Supporter
Jul 18, 2019
Central PA
✟53,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Oh, by the way:

You shall not make to you any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth. You shall not bow down yourself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD your God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children to the third and fourth generation of them that hate me; And showing mercy to thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.
(Exodus 20:4-6)

Upvote 0

Supporter
Dec 28, 2017
Arizona
✟528,811.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Oh, by the way:

You shall not make to you any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth. You shall not bow down yourself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD your God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children to the third and fourth generation of them that hate me; And showing mercy to thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.
(Exodus 20:4-6)

Oh, by the way:

And You Shall Make Two Cherubim Of Gold; of hammered work You Shall Make Them at the two ends of the mercy seat.
• Exodus 25:18

5915c16e1600002500c5ae62.jpg

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Supporter
Dec 28, 2017
Arizona
✟528,811.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I don't mean to get spammy, but you can hardly expect to post as you did unchallenged.

I'm really trying to control my posts so I don't break any of the rules. I don't want to start criticizing Ellen G. White or Heliocentrism so I'm going to try and stay on the topic at hand here.

You posted some verses from Exodus so I posted a verse from Exodus.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

D.A. Wright

Supporter
Jul 18, 2019
Central PA
✟53,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm really trying to control my posts so I don't break any of the rules. I don't want to start criticizing Ellen G. White or Heliocentrism so I'm going to try and stay on the topic at hand here.

You posted some verses from Exodus so I intern posted a verse from Exodus.

Wow. You're the OP. I thought veneration vs. idolatry was the topic. What do solar systems and Mrs.White have to do with anything? Or are you of the mind that the best defense is a good offense?

You didn't accidentally post in the wrong forum, did you?

Upvote 0

Supporter
Dec 28, 2017
Arizona
✟528,811.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Wow. You're the OP. I thought veneration vs. idolatry was the topic. What do solar systems and Mrs.White have to do with anything? Or are you of the mind that the best defense is a good offense?

You didn't accidentally post in the wrong forum, did you?

Let's get back on topic.

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟698,786.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
The Canons and Decrees of The Ecumenical Councils are Infallible.

Mark 7
9 And he said unto them, Full well ye reject the commandment of God, that ye may keep your own tradition.
10 For Moses said, Honour thy father and thy mother; and, Whoso curseth father or mother, let him die the death:
11 But ye say, If a man shall say to his father or mother, It is Corban, that is to say, a gift, by whatsoever thou mightest be profited by me; he shall be free.
12 And ye suffer him no more to do ought for his father or his mother;
13 Making the word of God of none effect through your tradition, which ye have delivered: and many such like things do ye.

It appears these Christian Idols are Corban?

Upvote 0