• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.

The American Conservative: The Day Trump Lost the Presidency

Discussion in 'American Politics' started by TLK Valentine, Jun 2, 2020.

1. A_Thinker

A_Thinker Well-Known Member Supporter

+6,038
    Christian
    Married
    Except that his sons (excepting Barron, perhaps) ... are idiots.

Ivanka is a woman ... who might have been a possibility ... except that she's a Trump.

And Tiffany ... doesn't have the heart for it, it appears ...

2. Desk trauma

Desk trauma Atheist Capitalist Supporter

+7,416
    United States
    Atheist
    Private
    US-Others
    That’s a deflection, not a better question.

3. Kaon

Kaon Well-Known Member

+2,254
    United States
    Other Religion
    Celibate
    He will remain in office. He is the only one (right now) that will ensure a collapse of the States. Has there been any attempt for Biden and Trump to debate? The election is in 5 months...

The Helter Skelter happening now is planned destabilization. The lack of empathy and apologies for the murders result from dehumanization.

Why is it so easy to exploit American humans? Russia and China (now the SCO) have been destabilizing America since the 50s - playing a long con. A chunk of Russia was able to survive USSR destabilization by the States because Russians share a culture. Same with China. Same with India.

Many (or most)Non-hyphenated Americans don't see black people, or any hyphenated Americans, as human, so America will NOT recover. Heck, many hyphenated Americans dont see black Americans as human.

And, since these same people who think 12% of our walking population exist as thugs/animals with no intelligence or ability to do right those same people will also apply the same dehumanization to themselves - when all the blacks and people that don't matter are gone. It will never get better because it is a commonplace lesson from adolescence (taught by the parents) that blacks are dangerous animals in need of teaching and direction (from the descendants of those who formerly enslaved their ancestors). Those people are alive today - in positions of power. White supremacists have infiltrated every facet of law enforcement.

This is America.

4. disciple Clint

disciple Clint Well-Known Member

+1,362
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    No its called perspective, it helps when defining the significance of a question.

5. Desk trauma

+7,416
    United States
    Atheist
    Private
    US-Others
    How about just answering the original question? Why would one of Trumps offspring, notably you did not even identify which one, be the most qualified person to next take the office? Why should I support that?

6. KCfromNC

KCfromNC Regular Member

+8,778
    Atheist
    Private
    Personal attacks against the author of the article in 3, 2, 1 ...

7. Desk trauma

+7,416
    United States
    Atheist
    Private
    US-Others
    I did a check of their ages, she's also nine years too young to run.

8. eclipsenow

eclipsenow God cares about his creation as well as us.

+820
    Australia
    Anglican
    Married
    Given the way I've been shouting at the TV during this pandemic at all the outright lies Donald has sprayed across international TV screens, if he wins again I may just give up on the world altogether and get into my computer rennovation and gaming for a few years. I mean, what if this particular Corona virus is just a dress rehearsal for the big one? What if global warming wakes up something really nasty from the melting permafrost? This hole in the ground is a methane explosion. Biological waste decomposes gradually over time, but is trapped in by permafrost. Climate change is melting many permafrost regions. Some bug from long ago could burst out of one of these explosions, or even infect a dog gnawing on an old frozen-but-melting mammoth. Who knows? But my main point - while we all worry about our own economies and health and potential to lose loved ones to this nasty virus, climate change is ticking away. And Dr James Hansen says believing in 100% renewables is like believing in the Tooth Fairy. Anti-nuclear countries like my own Australia need to have a big conversation about the benefits of nuclear power. Donald needs to see the light and admit the science, and get the nukes rolling off the production line. There is SO much that we need to do - but the delusional narcissist wants to grab the headlines with some new malicious, vindictive, narcissistic, self-congratulatory tweet every 5 minutes so that we can't even think any more. What hope is there?

[​IMG]

9. iluvatar5150

iluvatar5150 Well-Known Member

+14,359
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Democrat
    I can think of lots of reasons why it wouldn't/shouldn't be Trump. While I think Donald's business successes are often over-stated by his fanbase, he's obviously done well at certain things, but his kids don't even have that. Eric, Don Jr, and Ivanka have done nothing but ride daddy's coattails their entire lives. None of them have gone out and done anything notable on their own. Ditto for Jared.

Not that I think too highly of the Republican party now, but if you guys nominate one of the Trump kids, you can pretty much give up any chance of claiming that you're anything other than a personality cult. There's absolutely no reason to nominate them over any of the other, substantially more qualified candidates, except for fealty to the name "Trump."

I keep thinking that, too, for some reason.

10. Tom 1

Tom 1 Optimistic sceptic Supporter

+9,613
    Romania
    Christian
    Married
  11. Arcangl86

Arcangl86 Newbie

+3,763
    Anglican
    Single
    US-Green
    And it's worth saying that both John Q. Adams and George W. Bush had long political careers separate from their respective fathers before running for President.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  12. A_Thinker

A_Thinker Well-Known Member Supporter

+6,038
    Christian
    Married
    You saw that movie ... huh ???

Last edited: Jun 3, 2020
  13. Chesterton

Chesterton Whats So Funny bout Peace Love and Understanding Supporter

+17,842
    Eastern Orthodox
    Single
    Well he is sort of a minor victim for getting the blame. Did you blame Obama for Ferguson and Baltimore and such?

14. GoldenBoy89

GoldenBoy89 We're Still Here

+17,922
    Humanist
    Single
    US-Democrat
  15. Chesterton

+17,842
    Eastern Orthodox
    Single
    It's a fact that law enforcement generally belongs at the local level, barring extraordinary circumstances such as the current ones, which have in some cases been caused by weak local leadership. My mayor addressed the rioters directly. Did he ask them to stop rioting? No, he asked them to please remember to wear masks. I'm not joking. :rolleyes:
    Oh yes, comforting words always stop crime. With a few comforting words I'm sure all those people would go put the TV's back on the shelves.

16. Chesterton

+17,842
    Eastern Orthodox
    Single
  17. camille70

camille70 Newbie Supporter

+2,857
    Christian
    Single
    US-Others

The point was when when Obama was in office, if anyone caught a cold it was his fault. Now that Trump is in office, its the local governor's fault. He takes no responsibility and offers no sensible guidance at all. Right now I'm listening to Obama provide sensible guidance in this situation, sensible action steps, a call for calm and solutions. I miss having a president who cares about someone other than himself. November 3rd can't get here soon enough.

18. tulc

tulc loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!

+15,998
    Christian
    Married
    I blame President Trump for exasperating the situation, can you point out where President Obama made those situations worse? Called for sending the army in so as to "dominate on the streets"? Called in troops to drive protesters away so he could get his picture taken in front of a church holding a bible? :scratch:
    tulc(isn't surprised President Obama is suddenly brought up in a thread about President Trump) :wave:

19. Chesterton

+17,842
    Eastern Orthodox
    Single
    Please demonstrate that Trump made anything worse.

20. GoldenBoy89

GoldenBoy89 We're Still Here

+17,922
    Humanist
    Single
    US-Democrat
    You don’t think he got heat from conservatives at the time for it? Obama couldn’t even comment on the Trayvon Martin incident without the right calling him a race baiter and accusing him of inflaming the situation. I guarantee that if there were ever a week of nationwide protests, looting, violence and vandalism incidents and Obama responded with threatening to use military force against Americans to quell the protests an impeachment would certainly have been in very short order. There’s no way the right wing would have let any of this fly during his administration without complaint.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2020
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List