• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.

The American Conservative: The Day Trump Lost the Presidency

Discussion in 'American Politics' started by TLK Valentine, Jun 2, 2020.

1. TLK Valentine

TLK Valentine You will be who you will be. We are our choices.

+21,504
    Agnostic
    Single
    The Day Trump Lost The Presidency | The American Conservative

(emphasis in original)

Scathing review...

Thoughts?

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Tanj

Tanj Redefined comfortable middle class

+4,708
    Australia
    Atheist
    Married
  3. Chesterton

Chesterton Whats So Funny bout Peace Love and Understanding Supporter

+17,831
    Eastern Orthodox
    Single
    This was not a federal problem. The blame lies on weak governors of states and mayors of cities.

4. Handmaid for Jesus

Handmaid for Jesus You can't steal my joy Supporter

+28,717
    Protestant
    Private
    US-Others
    Blame It On The Rain

5. tulc

tulc loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!

+15,993
    Christian
    Married
    all together now: "PRESIDENT TRUMP IS THE REAL VICTIM HERE!!" (tm) :wave:
    tulc(really misses Presidents that took responsibility for things and a base that held them to it) :sigh:

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • List
  6. ReesePiece23

ReesePiece23 The Peanut Buttery Member.

+3,714
    Christian
    Tomorrow isn't promised - especially when you have as many enemies as he does; he's in danger of not even seeing November. (NOT wishful thinking, I'd rather see him knocking balls around a golf course, keeping quiet and staying out of trouble.)

But knowing him, he's probably holed up in the Blue Room now with a pen and paper, loading up his twelve rounds of glib ready to spray at his supporters. He didn't get to where he is now by not knowing how to manipulate people. He's the maestro of insulting the intelligence of all who listen, as well as being the master craftsman of loopholes. It doesn't matter if he's lawfully correct, that's irrelevant if the people marking the ballots are roped in by it.

He'll get his second run - I type that whilst clamping my jaw, but it'll happen. Once he slithered into office I knew it would eight years of complete nonsense. His supporters will forget about all of this next week when Biden is caught (I don't know?) drinking a session ale?

The video in that link made for BLEAK viewing. A lady couldn't even get to the bus to the shop, for goodness sake...

Very upsetting few weeks all round really. Even Trump is drinking a warm glass of milk and having an early night "I'm only the President" said a doe eyed Trump: "I didn't know they'd get angry!" *Sucks thumb*

Last edited: Jun 2, 2020
  7. lasthero

lasthero Newbie

+3,515
    Seeker
    824070D3-E1E4-49FC-93E7-1FD4EF3A780B.jpeg

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  8. Aussie Pete

Aussie Pete Well-Known Member Supporter

+3,826
    Australia
    Non-Denom
    Divorced
    The problem is who voters will consider the least worst. I'm not in the business of forecasting election results but I'd not write off Mr Trump just yet. And I won't say whether I think that to be good or bad. The USA has had its ups and downs like most other countries. At the start of WW2 it had a smaller army than Portugal. What will it take to pull the USA out of its slump? I don't know. One thing is for sure, the Church in the USA should be praying desperately.

9. TLK Valentine

+21,504
    Agnostic
    Single
    That's a Donald line.

You gotta figure the least he could do was offer some comforting words... But Donald doesn't do compassion.

10. Sketcher

Sketcher Born Imperishable

+6,050
    Non-Denom
    Single
    US-Republican
    He gassed and dispersed guests on private property in order to drop by uninvited and hold up a holy book that is not his, which he does not seem to care very much about, in front of a church owned by people who don't seem to care very much about what it says either, in order to make a religious-looking photo op.

He may have just trolled everyone in the country without intending to.

11. FenderTL5

FenderTL5 Well-Known Member Supporter

+4,298
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    US-American-Solidarity
    I used to watch Captain Kangaroo regularly, that's an insult of the highest toward the good Captain.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  12. A_Thinker

A_Thinker Well-Known Member Supporter

+6,034
    Christian
    Married
    He needs more than his supporters to win reelection ...

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  13. A_Thinker

+6,034
    Christian
    Married
    It was public property, wasn't it ?

14. Sketcher

Sketcher Born Imperishable

+6,050
    Non-Denom
    Single
    US-Republican
    There may have been spillover.

15. TLK Valentine

+21,504
    Agnostic
    Single
    Indeed -- I wouldn't even go so far as to make the comparison with Cap'n Crunch.

After all, at least the Cap'n provides something useful -- breakfast.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  16. camille70

camille70 Newbie Supporter

+2,855
    Christian
    Single
    US-Others
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  17. camille70

+2,855
    Christian
    Single
    US-Others
    No They were on the steps and the priests were priests from the Church and other clergy that had come to help protesters.

Edit:
    First hand account:
    Gini Gerbasi

• List
  18. A_Thinker

+6,034
    Christian
    Married
    So, I'm just trying to get clarity here.

Were all of the protesters on church property ?

19. camille70

+2,855
    Christian
    Single
    US-Others
    According to the account I posted above they were on the church patio. From your question, I assume you didn't read it.

20. iluvatar5150

iluvatar5150 Well-Known Member

+14,330
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Democrat
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List