United States
✟355,297.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

I really enjoy Patricia's videos and want to share this one as a counterpoint to the dreary insistence that we are a racist country bent on "white supremacy". Filling our minds with that kind of bitterness will only take us DOWN (which is exactly why the Democrats and the Left push it).

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married

I really enjoy Patricia's videos and want to share this one as a counterpoint to the dreary insistence that we are a racist country bent on "white supremacy". Filling our minds with that kind of bitterness will only take us DOWN (which is exactly why the Democrats and the Left push it).
She's right. Yes, there are are racists. Yes, there are white supremacists. But the knee-jerk cry of "racism" is motivated by something else entirely. There is cultural and economic discrimination in this country and it often gets coded as racism, but that's not what it really is.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟7,428.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Filling our minds with that kind of bitterness will only take us DOWN (which is exactly why the Democrats and the Left push it).
Oh look, a gratuitous, untrue accusation tainted with its own bitterness. What a surprise.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟7,428.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
There is cultural and economic discrimination in this country and it often gets coded as racism, but that's not what it really is.
What is it, really?

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
What is it, really?
It's against people "not like us." It's not about race, although it has frequently been associated with race for historical or other contingent reasons. But to make it just about race is to miss the point.

• Agree
Reactions: whatbogsends
Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It's against people "not like us."
Indeed. But that is the foundation of racism, sexism, homomisia, and a host of other evils. It can be as simple as having a "different" sounding name. Or your hair color. Or accent.

There was a common scene in various tv shows and a few commercials back in the 1960s of a guy from the north asking about something local in a very impoverished area of the south. All he gets is "Ya ain't from around here, ur ya?"

• Agree
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟551,752.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

I got a couple minutes in and she blamed Democrats for black people for not feeling like Americans.

I'm sorry, but no. There's one political party that has made a thing out of talking about "real Americans" and it's not Democrats.

Also, this woman lives in Southern California. If she doesn't regularly experience racism, perhaps she should be grateful that she lives in such an open-minded, progressive area. I wonder if her attitude would be different if she lived elsewhere.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,440,830.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I got a couple minutes in and she blamed Democrats for black people for not feeling like Americans.

I'm sorry, but no. There's one political party that has made a thing out of talking about "real Americans" and it's not Democrats.

Also, this woman lives in Southern California. If she doesn't regularly experience racism, perhaps she should be grateful that she lives in such an open-minded, progressive area. I wonder if her attitude would be different if she lived elsewhere.

I guess she never met this woman:

City Council candidate: Keep town as white ‘as possible’

A woman running for a city council in Michigan said she wants a "white community as much as possible."

Jean Cramer's racist answer came at a forum Thursday to a question about bringing more diversity to Marysville, which is 95% white.

Other candidates gasped at her words, as heard in a recording posted on the website of radio station WPHM.

Asked by the moderator if the community diversity needed to be addressed, perhaps by attracting foreign-born citizens, Cramer said: "My suggestion, recommendation: Keep Marysville a white community as much as possible."

She continued: "Seriously, in other words no foreign-born, no foreign people because of what, in our past, we've experienced it's better to have ... simply American-born. Put it that way and no foreigners. No."

Cramer, 67, moved to Marysville in 2012, property records show. Marysville is on the border with Canada about 50 miles northeast of Detroit.

She doubled down when the Port Huron Times Herald asked her to respond to criticism from the town's mayor pro tem, Kathy Hayman, who is from a racially diverse family.

"As long as, how can I put this? What Kathy Hayman doesn't know is that her family is in the wrong," she said. "(A) husband and wife need to be the same race. Same thing with kids. That's how it's been from the beginning of, how can I say, when God created the heaven and the earth. He created Adam and Eve at the same time. But as far as me being against blacks, no I'm not," Cramer is reported as saying.

City Council candidate: Keep town as white ‘as possible’

Reactions: iluvatar5150
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Willie T

St. Petersburg Vineyard
Oct 12, 2012
St. Petersburg, FL
✟68,979.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What is it, really?
Most people will find whatever they are hoping (and expect) to find. Look up Henry Ford's great quotation about exactly that.

( “Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”
― Henry Ford )

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Willie T

St. Petersburg Vineyard
Oct 12, 2012
St. Petersburg, FL
✟68,979.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thank you for sharing this. I think the two America comment has a lot of truth. I reached a similar conclusion some time ago.
I thought I would hear that from you. LaBélla, you are probably one of the most sensible and intelligent people on this forum.

• Friendly
Reactions: bèlla
Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟933,190.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
I thought I would hear that from you. LaBélla, you are probably one of the most sensible and intelligent people on this forum.

Thank you for the compliment Willie. That was kind of you to say. I’m glad you’ve enjoyed my posts. :)

• Friendly
Reactions: Willie T
Upvote 0

DaisyDay

Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟7,428.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Most people will find whatever they are hoping (and expect) to find. Look up Henry Ford's great quotation about exactly that.
― Henry Ford )
Hm, the quote doesn't mean what you're saying it means. :scratch:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

bèlla

❤️
Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟933,190.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
― Henry Ford )

Last year I read an interesting nugget about goal setting. They mentioned the average number of people who set goals in our society—less than ten percent—compared with the percentage who accomplish their goals—roughly three percent.

Whether we’re addressing goals or similar subjects it always returns to mindset. The lone question I must ask myself is whether I’m with the few or the masses. If I want an exceptional life I need to look beyond the obvious and invest myself in ways others won’t.

But with that declaration comes an unforgettable truth. We are guided by our perspectives and often wedded to them. I can acknowledge a different experience for the sake of the other person. But I’m incapable of subscribing to their thought process or philosophy if it opposes my own.

I see a world full of opportunity and possibility because that’s the path I’ve chosen. Irrespective of challenge or hardship. The alternative never crosses my mind. Opposition doesn’t mean failure in my world. It’s an avenue for growth that fuels greatness.

Limited thinking isn’t part of my makeup. I don’t believe it exemplifies the Spirit within me. I’m an overcomer. Spiritually and literally so. :)

Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟931,284.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thank you for sharing this. I think the two America comment has a lot of truth. I reached a similar conclusion some time ago.
There are a multiple of experiences of life in America.

Very few Americans express that they wish to live elsewhere. But that doesn't mean that there are not problems to be addressed here.

If our founding principles weren't so inspiring, ... perhaps citizens wouldn't have such high expectations ...

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟933,190.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
But that doesn't mean that there are not problems to be addressed here.

Of course not. But I don’t steep my mind on what’s amiss. Challenges are a part of life. Its how we see and face them that’s the difference.

Upvote 0

bekkilyn

Contemplative Christian
Supporter
Apr 27, 2017
USA
✟677,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others
Of course not. But I don’t steep my mind on what’s amiss. Challenges are a part of life. Its how we see and face them that’s the difference.

However, we cannot assume that what is easy for us is identically easy for others. Maybe being "an overcomer" is a great gift that God has given you so that you can use it in some way for the benefit of others who do not share this same gift. It's a lesson I've had to learn over the years. I would just assume that everyone can do whatever I was doing and then would later be shocked to find out that no, they really can't. Nowadays, we get brought up with so many platitudes about how we can do anything if we just set our minds to it, but it's really not true. Many people are at the point where they don't even have any clue how to set their minds, let alone actually doing anything about it afterwards. To many, challenges aren't a *part* of life...their entire life is a challenge and they've never experienced anything else to the point where they may not even be able to think clearly or rationally about their own situations. There is no "world full of opportunity" for them because they are clearly living in survival mode.

Upvote 0