Visit site
✟832,904.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
These Yankee bums who are cyber attacking Samoan Health to try and stop the vaccinating of vulnerable people against measles should be charged with manslaughter for every baby who dies because of their actions. Shame on you. You bring your nation and your government into disrepute!

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,786.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I am pro-vaccine, but have two vaccine-injured children. It isn't as black & white as you might think. They should, at least, screen the children better before giving that vaccine. The pre-1980s measles vax did not have the kinds of mass side effects that the current version has.

Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
I follow @Stanfordella on Twitter. She got a paper published about how Americans "export" anti-vaxxer misinformation, causing harm in places like Samoa, Romania, Madagascar. The WHO named misinformation about vaccinations as one of the top 10 threats to global health!

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟832,904.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
I am pro-vaccine, but have two vaccine-injured children. It isn't as black & white as you might think. They should, at least, screen the children better before giving that vaccine. The pre-1980s measles vax did not have the kinds of mass side effects that the current version has.
Be that as it may, activists from one sovereign nation have no right to interfere with the rights of another sovereign nation. The Samoan government would have every right to lay a formal complaint against the United States federal government for allowing this illegal interference. The Samoan government,should treat the cyber attack as a terrorist attack. and should take action under their anti-terrorist laws to refuse visas for United States citizens seeking to enter Samoa, and cancelling the visas of them currently in the country and sending them straight home on the next flight at the American's own expense, and this should stay in force until the United States federal government steps in and stops the cyber attack.

• Agree
Reactions: Go Braves
Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,786.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The Samoan government,should treat the cyber attack as a terrorist attack.
I haven't seen the article for details. Do you have a link?

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟832,904.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
I follow @Stanfordella on Twitter. She got a paper published about how Americans "export" anti-vaxxer misinformation, causing harm in places like Samoa, Romania, Madagascar. The WHO named misinformation about vaccinations as one of the top 10 threats to global health!
Those people who export this misinformation are terrorists and should be treated as such under United States terrorist legislation. If the United States government fails to do that, then it faces litigation from the Samoan families who lost loved ones as the result of the misinformation, against the United States government, amounting to millions of dollars.

• Winner
Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,786.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If the United States government fails to do that, then it faces litigation from the Samoan families who lost loved ones as the result of the misinformation, against the United States government,...
They can sue for vaccine injury, too, so it's a catch-22 situation.

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟832,904.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
I haven't seen the article for details. Do you have a link?
It was announced as part of the 6pm Evening News on our television One by a reporter stationed in Samoa. It is only a matter of time before it spreads to American Samoa, because the disease is not limited by national borders. I'll be the brown stuff will hit the fan when that happens!!!

• Prayers
Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟832,904.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
They can sue for vaccine injury, too, so it's a catch-22 situation.
Because New Zealand is providing the vaccine, our government will have to take that one on the nose for sure!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Sabertooth

Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,786.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It is only a matter of time before it spreads to American Samoa, because the disease is not limited by national borders.
Are there currently active cases of measles?

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟832,904.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
When Europeans first landed in New Zealand and other Pacific countries, thousands of indigenous people died from measles because they did not have any antibodies in their bloodstream to combat the disease. Measles was all but wiped out in the 1950s/60s because of vaccinations of young children, but the new generations since, especially in Pacific countries and low socio-economic areas in New Zealand, coupled with the influence of the anti-vaxers scare mongering, many did not receive the vaccine. This is why the Samoans were so vulnerable and so many deaths have occurred, because they had no antibodies to effectively combat the worst effects.

There has been an upsurge of Tuberculosis in recent years for exactly the same reasons. My father contracted the disease in 1956, and the rest of the family were immunised. They also had an immunisation programme at our high school. But I don't think these programmes exist now, hence the new cases of the disease appearing. It wouldn't surprise me if new cases of polio were discovered due to no new immunization programmes.

Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
It was announced as part of the 6pm Evening News on our television One by a reporter stationed in Samoa. It is only a matter of time before it spreads to American Samoa, because the disease is not limited by national borders. I'll be the brown stuff will hit the fan when that happens!!!

Y'all have had an outbreak in NZ too, haven't you? Australia too. Stanfordella here writes about this stuff a lot on her Twitter on account of her getting a degree that's related to public health. Her own health got ruined when she was a baby on account of her getting sick from an older kid who wasn't vaccinated, it caused sepsis in her.

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟832,904.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Are there currently active cases of measles?
They have not brought the disease under control yet in Western Samoa, and the death toll is still rising. This is why they are trying to immunize everyone to try and stop the spread, and people dying from it. I have seen no reports from American Samoa that say that the disease has reached there yet. But it would take just one infected person to travel from Western to American Samoan to start an epidemic there. I would advise American Samoa to close its borders to all travellers from Western Samoa and New Zealand just to make sure it doesn't reach there. This would be good advice because if the disease reaches there, then it is just a short hop to Hawaii, and then to mainland United States. This is why the epidemic in Western Samoa is treated in such a serious manner. The danger of a more widespread epidemic is very real.

Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,786.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
so many deaths have occurred,
This is news to me. Is there an active epidemic in the area?

I received all of my scheduled childhood vaccines (and more in boot camp) with no problems, but there were documented changes made to some of them in the late 1970s that have injured some of my children. We got all of the rest of them. And are waiting for safer versions of those in question.

From your OP, it isn't clear who the cyber-attackers are, nor their motivation. I'm just laying out one consideration.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
They have not brought the disease under control yet in Western Samoa, and the death toll is still rising. This is why they are trying to immunize everyone to try and stop the spread, and people dying from it. I have seen no reports from American Samoa that say that the disease has reached there yet. But it would take just one infected person to travel from Western to American Samoan to start an epidemic there. I would advise American Samoa to close its borders to all travellers from Western Samoa and New Zealand just to make sure it doesn't reach there. This would be good advice because if the disease reaches there, then it is just a short hop to Hawaii, and then to mainland United States. This is why the epidemic in Western Samoa is treated in such a serious manner. The danger of a more widespread epidemic is very real.

That right there is exactly why governments want as many folks as possible to get vaccinated. There needs to a 95% or higher rate of vaccination in the population to have herd immunity. There's folks who are too young, or too old, or are sick & can't get vaccines so on account of that there's a big push for everybody who can get them to do so, to protect. True vaccine injuries are extremely rare. There's a ton of folks who say they've been vaccine injured or know somebody who was, on account of the correlation of when the vaccine was given & when the onset. That's why I'm sure the NZ gov. gladly provides the vaccines free of charge & isn't worried about about potential lawsuits for "vaccine injuries."

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟832,904.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
This is news to me. Is there an active epidemic in the area?

I received all of my scheduled childhood vaccines (and more in boot camp) with no problems, but there were documented changes made to some of them in the late 1970s that have injured some of my children. We got all of the rest of them. And are waiting for safer versions of those in question.

From your OP, it isn't clear who the cyber-attackers are, nor their motivation. I'm just laying out one consideration.
Here is the link to the NZ news site and the article on Samoa:
Why measles is claiming lives in Samoa, but not in New Zealand

The TV news reporter didn't know exactly who were the ones threatening a cyber attack or how they were going to attack. It may be that they will try and hack into the Samoan Health computer systems to try and shut them down.

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟832,904.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
We need to get Kenneth Copeland, Benny Hinn and Creflo Dollar to go over there and command the epidemic to stop. If they say that they can command stuff like control the weather and to heal diseases, here is a great opportunity for them to prove their teaching true! :)

• Haha
Reactions: JustRachel
Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,786.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The TV news reporter didn't know exactly who were the ones threatening a cyber attack or how they were going to attack.
I can't see that tactic being used by the safe vaccine crowd, nor an American health agency.
  • The former has never resorted to those kind of tactics before, and
  • The latter regularly recommends their use.
It remains to be seen who is making such threats.

How is a cyber-attack going to advance their cause...?

Upvote 0