(The Amazon Synod thread): Pope Francis prays for 'daring prudence' during Amazon Synod

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,237,372.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Just watched it. Also watched the denials by the Vatican and I consider them lame. It's idol worship within the Vatican. By no means a first I fear, but blatant and in need of remedy. This is the event where pope Francis dispensed with his prepared remarks and merely said an Our Father. I pray this event actually shook him and will turn him around.

• Prayers
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,669,566.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Just watched it. Also watched the denials by the Vatican and I consider them lame. It's idol worship within the Vatican. By no means a first I fear, but blatant and in need of remedy. This is the event where pope Francis dispensed with his prepared remarks and merely said an Our Father. I pray this event actually shook him and will turn him around.
Amen. I find it scandalous and fight daily to remain where I am. It's very difficult.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,237,372.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
The council of Trent insisted that bishops actually live in and serve in their dioceses. It was an almost novel idea at the time. Bishops liked to hang around the Vatican, they liked travel. There are lots of priests and bishops that hang around the Vatican who should be sent to the Amazon. Others that should be laicized. And others who should be sent to the Antarctic Discalced monastery because they aren't fit to be around children or other living things. We do not need a big Vatican bureaucracy. Just a tiny one. That was the one thing pope Francis was supposed to fix. He hasn't. He has a chance again to do it and solve the problem of the Amazon, the problem of too few good priests, and two many Liberation Theology priests and Pachamama priests who won't evangelize for Jesus Christ.

• Agree
Reactions: charsan
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,237,372.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,669,566.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
We're supposed to be learning from the eco-spirituality of indigenous Amazonia? They are supposed to enhance our understanding? Yikes.

EWTN's World Over with Raymond Arroyo will be lively tonight.
I'm looking forward to it. Glad to know there is someone here that watches it as well. :)

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,237,372.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
I'm looking forward to it. Glad to know there is someone here that watches it as well. :)
It is bad for my depression, but at least I know that I'm not the only one who thinks this way. There is some little bit of sanity in that.

• Agree
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,669,566.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It is bad for my depression, but at least I know that I'm not the only one who thinks this way. There is some little bit of sanity in that.
It starts good discussions in the home and encourages fact checking. I just tend to look at it that way.

Upvote 0