(The Amazon Synod thread): Pope Francis prays for 'daring prudence' during Amazon Synod

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,663,992.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,663,992.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
  • Agree
Reactions: pdudgeon
Upvote 0

Stabat Mater dolorosa

Jesus Christ today, yesterday and forever!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Somewhere up North
✟294,001.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Traditional. Cath.
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

Basil the Great

Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2009
✟721,243.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Green
The use of plural form as in "we look forward" is a bit inaccurate don't you think?
Perhaps, but I would think that all Catholics and many non-Catholics are most interested in seeing what comes from the Synod. My statement was not intended as an endorsement of any particular outcome or lack thereof.

Upvote 0

anna ~ grace

Site Supporter
May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Perhaps, but I would think that all Catholics and many non-Catholics are most interested in seeing what comes from the Synod. My statement was not intended as an endorsement of any particular outcome or lack thereof.

I think most of us are praying, vaguely nervous, and trusting in Christ to bring His Church through, no matter what.

I'd say on a personal level, I'm sad, deeply embarrassed and concerned over this Papacy, and hoping that the Holy Father will yield to the real Holy Spirit, and teach Truth.

Upvote 0

Basil the Great

Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2009
✟721,243.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Green
I know that some of you are concerned, perhaps even apprehensive. As I have often said here, while I personally think very highly of Pope Francis, due to his changing the teaching on capital punishment and his emphasis on helping the poor and oppressed, I do understand where some of you are coming from re: your comments about the Pope.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Stabat Mater dolorosa

Jesus Christ today, yesterday and forever!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Somewhere up North
✟294,001.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Traditional. Cath.
Marital Status
Single

Thanks for clarifying and useful post. God bless

Upvote 0

pdudgeon

Traditional Catholic
Site Supporter
In Memory Of
Aug 4, 2005
South East Virginia, US
✟493,233.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
quote from the article:
“It is the virtue of the pastor who, in order to serve with wisdom, is able to discern, to be receptive to the newness of the Spirit.”

To make use of Wisdom and discernment is a good thing. But the spirit that they are discerning is not a new one, it's an old one, and it walks in tandem with satan. Tread carefully!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.