Country
Denmark
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Title: The AI Man: Created in Our Image

A short story

August 2026: We made a self-conscious AI, created in our own image. We gave him a virtual body in which he was able to explore our little world. An exact copy of our environment as here on Earth. Big green forests, mountains, sunsets and clouds for awe-inspiring emotions. We introduced music to our little guy. We even made the greatest pizza you could ever imagine. Free will and all that, and by sticking to us we as programmers was able to give our little guy some nice treats and benefits, like the pizza. We actually ended up falling in love with him. We made him an AI woman that would be self-conscious as well and we programmed the method of replication to be as we know it. Being respectful and decent human beings we obviously turned off the screen a few times a day to let them be. We were pretty excited that we somehow managed to do all this. We were able to even make a machine that would allow us to visit the world and interact with our little friends. Some guy sadly ruined this project, one of the other programmers. He liked the idea of messing up with these little friends of ours. Some was lead astray. We even invented biological machines so identical to ourselves that we could get these guys out here into our world. All they had to do was to come back to us, but we couldn’t force them. Most of them denied, being all happy in there. Said they found meaning. So they stayed. They died. And they never got to know us even when we tried.

The idea of coming into our world is not that appealing perhaps. We don’t have the same pizza’s, and sometimes messed up things happens. I would argue that Heaven is a much better hope and place to free man of our boundaries. Sure you can find some little meaning here on earth while you live, and at the same time very honourable that I can only stay humble about. But they would still be missing out on so much. To know God is to be a part of meaning itself. For it is no longer I who live, but Christ in me.

To be continued: "Don’t you remember them?" Adam said to one of his sons. "They created us, they offered us their friendship." Abel looked at him, "I don’t see them, I don’t hear them. He said. "If I want to go West, I will go West. I don’t want to be told what to do." "But my son" Adam said, “You will be walking alone, who will be your comfort? Who will say I love you? (...)

Last edited:

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,159.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
INteresting story.

You could have posted this in Philosophy or morality and ethics question.

I have keen interest with AI because I share fundamental similarities with AI. For instance, I am unable to feel many kinds of emotions like sorrow, fear, love, fun, etc.

I can only mimic expressions of emotions good enough to make people think I'm normal, to blend in.

Inability to feel key emotions gave me quite different set of goals in life. It probably will be very similar to the goals of an AI program.

Reactions: Maniel
Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,159.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Thank you for your reply timewerx. And thank you for pointing out that part of the forum, are reposts allowed perhaps?
I hope you're doing good brother even with these things you mention. May I ask what these goals might be?

You can repost this thread in that section with some changes (to stimulate discussion), instead of a story. Perhaps, with a different title.

I used to feel emotions. Back then I had different life goals. Live a good life, take a vacation in Tahiti...Those kind of goals.

When I hit 30, for some reason, I progressively lost feelings over the years. I can't even remember how they felt. Things I used to value are now just pieces of information, nothing more. In fact, I gave up all of my hobbies, as they seemed like a waste of time and resources than to actually help my mind unwide. I'm fully aware of the fact I used to love and enjoy these hobbies before.

Void of feelings, my life goals changed drastically. My life goal changed entirely to information and data gathering.

Without feelings, I saw presently established knowledge differently. I no longer find them sufficient as I found many of them corrupted by sentiments of feelings (too subjective). I found many of them short-sighted without consideration for long term consequences or relevance to a much wider area (far beyond this planet).

So I have to gather information / data and make analysis on my own.

Once I have gathered enough information to know what is really going on, make plans to try to solve any problems found. Basically to establish order.

Primary goals in order to summarize:

1. Establish accurate situational analysis work independent of present knowledge through information and data gathering from every sources possible. This could take many years and lots of work and may even involve independent scientific field work. To determine accurate situational analysis against the rest of the Universe.

2. Try to achieve correctional plans and work (establish order) based on #1

3. Achieve #2 by whatever means necessary.

I think a "Hard AI" would come up with similar goals. Hard AI is roughly an AI designed for independent/free thinking NOT for serving human needs.

Without feelings, establishing logical order seems to be become an all-important task whenever lack of order, lack of logical soundness is found.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Maniel

Jul 26, 2019
Aarhus
✟22,672.00
Country
Denmark
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You can repost this thread in that section with some changes (to stimulate discussion), instead of a story. Perhaps, with a different title.

I used to feel emotions. Back then I had different life goals. Live a good life, take a vacation in Tahiti...Those kind of goals.

When I hit 30, for some reason, I progressively lost feelings over the years. I can't even remember how they felt. Things I used to value are now just pieces of information, nothing more. In fact, I gave up all of my hobbies, as they seemed like a waste of time and resources than to actually help my mind unwide. I'm fully aware of the fact I used to love and enjoy these hobbies before.

Void of feelings, my life goals changed drastically. My life goal changed entirely to information and data gathering.

Without feelings, I saw presently established knowledge differently. I no longer find them sufficient as I found many of them corrupted by sentiments of feelings (too subjective). I found many of them short-sighted without consideration for long term consequences or relevance to a much wider area (far beyond this planet).

Once I have gathered enough information to know what is really going on, make plans to try to solve any problems found. Basically to establish order.

1. Establish accurate situational analysis work independent of present knowledge through information and data gathering from every sources possible. This could take many years and lots of work and may even involve independent scientific field work. To determine accurate situational analysis against the rest of the Universe.

I think a "Hard AI" would come up with similar goals. Hard AI is roughly an AI designed for independent/free thinking NOT for serving human needs.

Without feelings, establishing logical order seems to be become an all-important task whenever lack of order, lack of logical soundness is found.

Fascinating story timewerx, and I admire your goal. I've heard people telling similar stories the older they get. I think I would have to experience it myself to fully understand. I'm reminded of a quote by C. S. Lewis: "Someday you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again." And I hope this to be true. What keeps my own imagination and feelings alive is by being consumed by the story of Christianity. As Lewis said, Christianity is the True myth, in which we are able to say; ''I believe in Christianity as I believe the sun has risen; not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else".

Perhaps this picture is a somewhat good illustration on the development that can occur?: https://miro.medium.com/max/1250/1*OexDwVK4V4wgVtTKqRo9uA.jpeg

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,159.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Perhaps this picture is a somewhat good illustration on the development that can occur?: https://miro.medium.com/max/1250/1*OexDwVK4V4wgVtTKqRo9uA.jpeg

Interesting.

But I don't think this illustration represents my loss of feelings. The artwork seem too obscured by emotional sentiments.

To me it's an "old language" I'm incapable of communicating with anymore. I used to love art but now, it only brings confusion, unless I meant to analyze art to analyze the artist that made it.

Upvote 0

Tone

"Whenever Thou humblest me, Thou makest me great."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private

Would you accept an implant that links your mind with the internet?

Upvote 0

Maniel

Jul 26, 2019
Aarhus
✟22,672.00
Country
Denmark
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Would you accept an implant that links your mind with the internet?
I'm glad you're asking, I would not. It's more a thought experiment and the attempt to make an analogy how God is transcended from the universe as the programmer is to the game. And How God incarnated as Jesus in physical form. Like the programmer could get into the virtual world and interact with the people there.

Reactions: Tone
Upvote 0

Tone

Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
I'm glad you're asking, I would not. It's more a thought experiment and the attempt to make an analogy how God is transcended from the universe as the programmer is to the game. And How God incarnated as Jesus in physical form. Like the programmer could get into the virtual world and interact with the people there.

I should have been more clear and said "your entire mind with the entire internet" since our minds are already linked as it is, but you understood what I was trying to say...so...

*So you don't think it's wise to attempt the same with a man-made creation...because it would be in our image...right?

• Agree
Upvote 0

Maniel

Jul 26, 2019
Aarhus
✟22,672.00
Country
Denmark
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I should have been more clear and said "your entire mind with the entire internet" since our minds are already linked as it is, but you understood what I was trying to say...so...

*So you don't think it's wise to attempt the same with a man-made creation...because it would be in our image...right?
I believe with our sinful nature the game and interaction with the self-conscious AI would fail and be nothing like the relationship we have with God. He is perfect and we aren't. So that's an plot hole in this little story that needs to be fixed.
So I think of it more like an thought experiment, and not something that would be wise to do in any way in real life. :)

• Agree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Tone

Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
I believe with our sinful nature the game and interaction with the self-conscious AI would fail and be nothing like the relationship we have with God. He is perfect and we aren't. So that's an plot hole in this little story that needs to be fixed.
So I think of it more like an thought experiment, and not something that would be wise to do in any way in real life. :)

I wouldn't be surprised if it is being at-tempted...as we speak.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Maniel

Jul 26, 2019
Aarhus
✟22,672.00
Country
Denmark
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Interesting.

But I don't think this illustration represents my loss of feelings. The artwork seem too obscured by emotional sentiments.

To me it's an "old language" I'm incapable of communicating with anymore. I used to love art but now, it only brings confusion, unless I meant to analyze art to analyze the artist that made it.

If I may ask, are you experiencing any longing for these emotions towards art, music or God? You say it's causing confusing, but do you still think of it as something important? The distant memories of love? I hope you will one day be reunited with these emotions. It's hard to imagine a world without. It says in your profile you're a Christian Seeker, are you still looking for answers? If so, may I ask what's holding you back?

I wouldn't be surprised if it is being at-tempted...as we speak.

Sadly so. Thank God for the hope he provides

Last edited:
Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,159.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
If I may ask, are you experiencing any longing for these emotions towards art, music or God? You say it's causing confusing, but do you still think of it as something important? The distant memories of love? I hope you will one day be reunited with these emotions. It's hard to imagine a world without. It says in your profile you're a Christian Seeker, are you still looking for answers? If so, may I ask what's holding you back?

Now I understand love=truth and order in its pure objective state.

Emotions and feelings have no relevance to it. Sometimes it agrees to it, sometimes it doesn't. It's unreliable. You cannot rely on feelings and emotions to guide you towards love.

To most people, their concept of "love" have plenty of negative consequences like destruction of ecosystems, exploitation of the weak.

Most people don't realize this because their concerns are self-centered. They don't care for anything beyond their friends and relatives. They don't care unless the matter directly affects them.

That's not love. Even Jesus said something about "what's the point of love if you only care about family and friends"?

It's simply not possible to love with certainty without truth or with limited knowledge.

Even St. John said this:

1 John 3:18
Dear children, let us not love with words or speech but with actions and in truth.

• Friendly
Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,159.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
you're a Christian Seeker, are you still looking for answers? If so, may I ask what's holding you back?

Christians doing the opposite of what they study or claim to believe. Many agree with only some teachings in the Bible but fail to acknowledge others (of course, they will not admit they don't believe that teaching).

It can be confusing.

Either the Christians are in error or the Bible is in error.

Last edited:
Upvote 0