United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Promise of the Holy Spirit
Act 1:1-5

Study

Imagine the chaotic uncertainty in those early days. Jesus is alive, but not "present" as he normally was. He again promises the Holy Spirit as he had about a week ago the night of the Last Supper.

Putting myself in the conversation:

What does this look like? How will he come? What is going on?

What I would give to have seen how that all went down.

Upvote 0

SpiritPsalmist

Heavy lean toward Messianic
Supporter
Jun 13, 2002
Southeast Kansas
✟393,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Imagine the chaotic uncertainty in those early days. Jesus is alive, but not "present" as he normally was. He again promises the Holy Spirit as he had about a week ago the night of the Last Supper.

Putting myself in the conversation:

What does this look like? How will he come? What is going on?

What I would give to have seen how that all went down.

I know what you mean. :) Trying to emagine watching him ascend then two men appearing asking me what I'm looking at. LOL It's like, "what do you mean what am I looking at?, Who are you?" Exciting and scary at the same time.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

mourningdove~

"Pray, and prepare ..."
Supporter
Dec 24, 2005
✟433,465.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

The Ascension of Yeshua
Act 1:6-11

Study

The focus of Yeshua at this moment was on the coming of the Holy Spirit. It would be that baptism that would bring the power they needed to be witnesses.

Being a witness is an important theme in Acts. Those who have seen or participated in the experience are empowered to testify to it. To be Yeshua's witness in both word and deed means communicating the verbal content of the gospel and living God's way and not our own way (Lke 9:23-25). It can be accomplished only with power from the Holy Spirit.

When we are born again, God gives us a renewed will ... capable of knowing, desiring, and even delighting in His will. But we are not capable of doing it in our own strength.

lt was many years as a believer before I came to learn, understand, and truly believe that we can only live this life ... the Christian life ... in and through the power of the Holy Spirit ...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.