The ability of God - Does God always get His will done?

zoidar

loves Jesus the Christ! ✝️
Site Supporter
Sep 18, 2010
✟885,748.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I'm starting this thread with a post from Bill. Let us discuss and be kind and understanding.

BBAS 64 said:
Sorry to repost... can you share your view on the ability of God?

Good Day, Zoidar

So if that is the purpose of God in re-birthing a person.. can he fail in that completion of that purpose?

I say he can not....

Isa 46:8"Remember this and stand firm, recall it to mind, you transgressors, remember the former things of old; for I am God, and there is no other; I am God, and there is none like me, declaring the end from the beginning and from ancient times things not yet done, saying, 'My counsel shall stand, and I will accomplish all my purpose,' calling a bird of prey from the east, the man of my counsel from a far country. I have spoken, and I will bring it to pass; I have purposed, and I will do it.

In Him,

Bill

Good evening Bill! For God everything is possible. I will answer you by an example of God's will and man's will.

Acts 8
25 So, when they had solemnly testified and spoken the word of the Lord, they started back to Jerusalem, and were preaching the gospel to many villages of the Samaritans.
26 But an angel of the Lord spoke to Philip saying, “Get up and go south to the road that descends from Jerusalem to Gaza.” (This is a desert road.) 27 So he got up and went; and there was an Ethiopian eunuch, a court official of Candace, queen of the Ethiopians, who was in charge of all her treasure; and he had come to Jerusalem to worship, 28 and he was returning and sitting in his chariot, and was reading the prophet Isaiah. 29 Then the Spirit said to Philip, “Go up and join this chariot.” 30 Philip ran up and heard him reading Isaiah the prophet, and said, “Do you understand what you are reading?” 31 And he said, “Well, how could I, unless someone guides me?” And he invited Philip to come up and sit with him. 32 Now the passage of Scripture which he was reading was this:

“HE WAS LED AS A SHEEP TO SLAUGHTER AND AS A LAMB BEFORE ITS SHEARER IS SILENT, SO HE DOES NOT OPEN HIS MOUTH. 33“IN HUMILIATION HIS JUDGMENT WAS TAKEN AWAY; WHO WILL RELATE HIS GENERATION? FOR HIS LIFE IS REMOVED FROM THE EARTH.”

34 The eunuch answered Philip and said, “Please tell me, of whom does the prophet say this? Of himself or of someone else?” 35 Then Philip opened his mouth, and beginning from this Scripture he preached Jesus to him. 36 As they went along the road they came to some water; and the eunuch said, “Look! Water! What prevents me from being baptized?” 37 [And Philip said, “If you believe with all your heart, you may.” And he answered and said, “I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.”] 38 And he ordered the chariot to stop; and they both went down into the water, Philip as well as the eunuch, and he baptized him. 39 When they came up out of the water, the Spirit of the Lord snatched Philip away; and the eunuch no longer saw him, but went on his way rejoicing.

Now to the question. Let's say when Philip heard the voice of the Holy Spirit and didn't choose to follow the voice. Then the eunuch didn't get the message of Christ and wasn't saved. Who would be to be blamed? God? No, God wanted for Philip to deliver the message to the eunuch and save him. Philip? Yes, he was the one who chose to not follow the voice of Holy Spirit.

This is the situation of God and man. God wants everyone saved, but because of man not everyone is.

Christ love,
Peter

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: DennisTate

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
This is the situation of God and man. God wants everyone saved, but because of man not everyone is.
How many people heard the Gospel , in Athens, and REFUSED to turn to Yahweh by faith in Jesus to be saved ? (most of them)

Their own choice.

Same throughout the world ever since then.

Reactions: zoidar
Upvote 0

98cwitr

Lord forgive me
Apr 20, 2006
Raleigh, NC
✟449,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Yes, the Lord's Will shall always be done. People don't believe because it's not in their nature to do so. They are blind and deaf. Who chooses to be that way? No one.

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Now to the question. Let's say when Philip heard the voice of the Holy Spirit and didn't choose to follow the voice.
He did.

Then the eunuch didn't get the message of Christ and wasn't saved.
Which was not the outcome.
Who would be to be blamed?

Only those who believe God can be thwarted.

"I know that You can do all things, And that no purpose of Yours can be thwarted. (Job 42:2)

Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I believe that as Scripture says, it is God's will that ALL PERSONS come to the knowledge of God and are saved.

That leaves two possibilities. Either everyone will be saved. Or God doesn't always get His will accomplished.

God gave men and angels free will. I doubt seriously that sin and evil and suffering and death are the will of a good and loving God. But because He does not treat us as puppets, we do things that lead to such effects.

God is ABLE to do whatever He wants. But part of being made in His image is the dignity of free will. And God does not violate that.

However with that said - it is my hope that many desire God without realizing it, and so align their hearts, and perhaps when these encounter God (Christ) as He is (and not as they might misunderstand Him) ... perhaps they are ultimately willing to choose Him after all and I hope that is enough for them.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
This is folly....Man's will can never trump God's will..... It can only appear to...for a time....but is not reality.
He can still disobey, like Adam did. Like Judas the betrayer did. Like Cain did. Like all false teachers today do.

• Agree
Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
He can still disobey, like Adam did. Like Judas the betrayer did. Like Cain did. Like all false teachers today do.
Man can only disobey if God allows it. Would you have preferred it if Judas had not betrayed Christ? Do you think you would be in a better position now if he hadn't?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Man can only disobey if God allows it. Would you have preferred is if Judas had not betrayed Christ? Do you think you would be in a better position now if he hadnt?
So are you saying this to promote the truth, or trying to promote something false ? i.e. what is the purpose and motive ?

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So are you saying this to promote the truth, or trying to promote something false ? i.e. what is the purpose and motive ?
Truth cannot be promoted.....It always stands at the top, on it's own....always will regardless of what you or i say against it. error and falsehood, however, need constant contenders and promoters to retain relevance....yet still always lose to the Truth.

I do, however, promote the desire to know truth, given by the one who is truth.

You seem to attribute an important part of the Journey of Christ to the Cross, to the will of Man.

I say, not so.

Reactions: royal priest
Upvote 0

98cwitr

Lord forgive me
Apr 20, 2006
Raleigh, NC
✟449,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution

Romans 11:32
For God has bound everyone over to disobedience so that he may have mercy on them all.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Either agree with the Truth, always, and only speak the Truth, or don't.
Folly again to believe that Truth is, in any way, affected by my speaking on or agreeing with it. I am bound by it no matter what I think of it, Just as I am bound by the Will of God regardless of whether or not I Will something different..

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
I don't believe what you say changes truth ever.
That does not mean that what is posted is the truth, nor even in line with the truth.
Everything must be tested, because most things in the world, most posts on the internet, are not truth, but are opposed to truth.

Folly again to believe that Truth is, in any way, affected by my speaking on or agreeing with it. I am bound by it no matter what I think of it, Just as I am bound by the Will of God regardless of whether or not I Will something different..

Upvote 0

98cwitr

Lord forgive me
Apr 20, 2006
Raleigh, NC
✟449,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution

So who's performing the action verb?

edit: I assume to know what you feel like you're risking by answering this. I think you may believe that if we attribute any action of damnation, or "negative turning" to God but yet attributed to the actions of God, then we have the potential to paint Him as the author of sin, as someone who is not Love, and who is a monster. Would I be correct in those assumptions? If so, I would like to assure you the two are reconcilable and that God is NOT the author of sin, but very well dictates the salvation of men. After all, He has the ability to do so and it is clear to me at least that in Scripture He does just that.

Upvote 0

98cwitr

Lord forgive me
Apr 20, 2006
Raleigh, NC
✟449,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
No idea. You did not make any point clear in your post.

This is simple sentence structure brother, who is performing the action verb in Romans 11:32?

Also, see edit above.

Upvote 0