The ABC our national broadcaster, thoughts?

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟735,652.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
One thing I dislike about the ABC and all our media in general is the strong push to wards gay rights. Many articles are promoting some for of homosexuality.

I could not believe it today when I read an article stating within the next month they will be teaching homosexuality and cross dressing in Australian kindergartens.

Upvote 0

Spiritlight

✰•.¸¸★•*´¨`*•.¸.✰
Apr 1, 2011
manitoba
✟23,118.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The thing I like about the ABC is it promotes inteligent debate and allows representation from most legal societal demographics to have a bit of air time.

I love the way it can feel free to challenge politicians, media, celebrities, corporations, and even one eyed right wing overtly opinionated Radio hosts. It can tread on toes most commercial media can't to keep them honest.

I know in giving everything air time it will show things we don't like but censorship might be a bigger issue as it would reduce our freedoms.

Upvote 0

TheDag

I don't like titles
Jan 8, 2005
✟28,794.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
One thing I dislike about the ABC and all our media in general is the strong push to wards gay rights. Many articles are promoting some for of homosexuality.

I could not believe it today when I read an article stating within the next month they will be teaching homosexuality and cross dressing in Australian kindergartens.
I had questions about it but after talkingto teacher friends who are more conservative christians than I and they have no problem with it so I don't have any problem with it. Extremist christian groups want to sugest it is about things that it isn't.

Upvote 0

Spiritlight

✰•.¸¸★•*´¨`*•.¸.✰
Apr 1, 2011
manitoba
✟23,118.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Did you see the ABC and Fairfax took down the CBA last night. There is not too many institutions that would take on a crooked bank and cost them a fortune for the good of the people. We owe them one big time for that as heaps of our superannuation life insurance is tied up with commInsure. Mines not luckily but I'll change my wife's Super fund to another one that doesn't use them.

Upvote 0

dude99

Apr 12, 2014
✟40,407.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
I see the ABC as a propaganda vehicle for the ALP and Greens despite being funded by the taxpayers. Independent views that are contrary to the ALP or Greens stance is quickly suppressed on so called experts who are the hosts and most of the audience on Q&A program and programs like that.

Last edited:
Reactions: vlman
Upvote 0

TheDag

I don't like titles
Jan 8, 2005
✟28,794.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I see the ABC as a propaganda vehicle for the ALP and Greens despite being funded by the taxpayers. Independent views that are contrary to the ALP or Greens stance is quickly suppressed on so called experts who are the hosts and most of the audience on Q&A program and programs like that.
well perhaps if they stopped using outdated ideas proven not to work such as the trickle down effect economic theory which has always been the basis for their policies people would take them seriously.

Edit: I guess you aren't old enough to remember when it was the other way around.

Upvote 0

dude99

Apr 12, 2014
✟40,407.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
well perhaps if they stopped using outdated ideas proven not to work such as the trickle down effect economic theory which has always been the basis for their policies people would take them seriously.

Edit: I guess you aren't old enough to remember when it was the other way around.
Well I admit not all of Liberal policies were all good, yet Labor does not have always very good track record such as setting up the multi billion dollar home insulation program and with it involved poorly trained home insulators that resulted in deaths of several and house fires to over a hundred homes. Plus bandage solutions such as cash stimulus handouts to taypayers. That money would have been better spent on providing better roads.

In addition there is no respect for those that are opposed to gay marriage or issues opposing GLBT issues or allowing those that are opposed to gay marriage or GLBT issues equal time in sharing their view in regards to Q&A and shows like that. The pro gay rights will win the debate in the end even in non government media outlets yet increasingly those seen as opposed to gay marriage are homophobic. That is not necessary always the case. You can love gay people but still not support gay marriage.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: vlman
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Spiritlight

✰•.¸¸★•*´¨`*•.¸.✰
Apr 1, 2011
manitoba
✟23,118.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The way they took on the Commonwealth bank with Fairfax was commendable. Aunty not needing advertising revenue can do that sort of thing independently. and to be honest it was a demonstration of what good the media can and should do for the public.

Upvote 0