The 7th Day Sabbath, is not Lunar-cy, being mow`edness, I tell you, mow`edness!!!

[E] The Seventh Day, is in a place all of its own, encompassing all of the Days, 1-6, and all things created and purposed therein, being finished/perfected/completed: “Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them.”, “And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made.”, “And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made.”, and was not based upon the Moon [part of creation], but based upon God [The Creator], He having already begun to separate Day/Night [without Sun or Moon] in Day One, and the Seventh Day being related to all of the Six Days that He worked previously, and signifying His rest from all of that work therein.

[4] In/on “the Seventh Day” [Genesis 2:2,3], “... the heavens and the earth were finished and all the host of them

[5] In/on “the Seventh Day” God “... ended His work which He had made ...” [Genesis 2:2], “... rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made.” [Genesis 2:2], and “... blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made.” [Genesis 2:3].

Please take careful notice, that the Seventh Day looks not to the Moon [a small part of the whole creation/host of Genesis 1-2] for its basis and calendation, but rather it refers directly back to God Himself as the beginning of calendation, Himself the foundation. Therefore, “the lesser light” [Moon], which is not even a light of itself without “the greater light” [Sun], for the Moon has a differing “glory” than from that of the Sun, as it is written, “... one glory of the sun, and another glory of the moon, and another glory of the stars ...” [1 Corinthians 15:41], and so is no basis for The Seventh Day calendation, but is instead based in the Glory of God.

Is there anything in regards the Seventh Day in these texts, wherein it is dictated by “New Moon”, “Moon”, “Month”, “Season”, “Lesser Light”? There is not.

Furthermore, the original Seventh Day of Genesis was God's rest Day. What had He need of a Moon to determine when to Rest? As God rested, sanctified and made it holy, only afterwards was it ready for mankind to keep holy, God having made it “for the man”, Adam [Mark 2:27, see Greek].

Upvote 0

listed

are you?
May 14, 2011
✟53,797.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
[E] The Seventh Day, is in a place all of its own, encompassing all of the Days, 1-6, and all things created and purposed therein, being finished/perfected/completed: “Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them.”, “And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made.”, “And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made.”, and was not based upon the Moon [part of creation], but based upon God [The Creator], He having already begun to separate Day/Night [without Sun or Moon] in Day One, and the Seventh Day being related to all of the Six Days that He worked previously, and signifying His rest from all of that work therein.

[4] In/on “the Seventh Day” [Genesis 2:2,3], “... the heavens and the earth were finished and all the host of them

[5] In/on “the Seventh Day” God “... ended His work which He had made ...” [Genesis 2:2], “... rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made.” [Genesis 2:2], and “... blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made.” [Genesis 2:3].

Please take careful notice, that the Seventh Day looks not to the Moon [a small part of the whole creation/host of Genesis 1-2] for its basis and calendation, but rather it refers directly back to God Himself as the beginning of calendation, Himself the foundation. Therefore, “the lesser light” [Moon], which is not even a light of itself without “the greater light” [Sun], for the Moon has a differing “glory” than from that of the Sun, as it is written, “... one glory of the sun, and another glory of the moon, and another glory of the stars ...” [1 Corinthians 15:41], and so is no basis for The Seventh Day calendation, but is instead based in the Glory of God.

Is there anything in regards the Seventh Day in these texts, wherein it is dictated by “New Moon”, “Moon”, “Month”, “Season”, “Lesser Light”? There is not.

Furthermore, the original Seventh Day of Genesis was God's rest Day. What had He need of a Moon to determine when to Rest? As God rested, sanctified and made it holy, only afterwards was it ready for mankind to keep holy, God having made it “for the man”, Adam [Mark 2:27, see Greek].
Understanding how important it is for you to establish Saturday as the 7th day of creation according to the Gregorian Calendar I will have to redo my research this information to have an intelligent discussion with you. It may take some time because I do not have this information in hard copy or current computer files.

So far there have been corrections to the Gregorian calendar which suggests it does not line up with previous calendar systems nor was and maybe still not correct. What all that entails is anyone's guess here. There were 2 different calendars during the time of Jesus - a Roman calendar and a Jewish calendar. I suggest there were other calendar systems. Again seeing this is of utmost importance to you, you should have this information on hand or readily available. It appears to me you do not and are making guesses about days and times based on assumptions having no foundation.

The Jewish calendar year had 12 months and sometimes 13 months. All months were 30 days. This by itself means the 14 of any given month is not always on the same day of the week on the Gregorian calendar. This is why we have problems with Easter or Passover not always being in the same month. It is still the 14 of Nisan in the Jewish calendar. The Jewish calendar started with the first day of the month always as the same day of the week. Maybe this information can still be found in the archives here. I know it has been discussed previously. The differences in calendars gave Miller fits about his date calculations. The major problem it caused is getting Passover on the correct day of the week as a basis to start from. The Gregorian calendar is made to fit where it does not. The Gregorian calendar was not even used by the whole world until early last century according to the net.

Upvote 0
listed, What are you talking about? Please try to remain on OP topic.

[If you are referring to Passover in the year of Christ's crucifixion, and the time of his death, it was the year AD 31, in the First month Nisan/Aviv, the 14th from the New Moon, the 6th Day of the week, preparation day of the 7th Day Sabbath of the LORD thy God, at approx. the hour of 3PM, time of the evening sacrifice.]

Let us return to the OP topic once more.

Upvote 0

listed

are you?
May 14, 2011
✟53,797.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
listed, What are you talking about? Please try to remain on OP topic.

[If you are referring to Passover in the year of Christ's crucifixion, and the time of his death, it was the year AD 31, in the First month Nisan/Aviv, the 14th from the New Moon, the 6th Day of the week, preparation day of the 7th Day Sabbath of the LORD thy God, at approx. the hour of 3PM, time of the evening sacrifice.]

Let us return to the OP topic once more.
You do not like my input about the calendar. OK I see no reason to do the research necessary to discuss this with you.:wave:

Upvote 0
You do not like my input about the calendar. OK I see no reason to do the research necessary to discuss this with you.:wave:
Brother listed, we already know from Scripture that the "little horn" power of Daniel 7:25, would think to do those things.

Daniel 7:25 KJV - [25] And he shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws: and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time.

The 7th Day Sabbath of the LORD thy God is especially both "time" and "law", and was one of the major things it thought to change of the Most High God. Prophetic times were another, and various other laws also.

Who do you think is ultimately influencing men to continue to alter the "times" and "laws" of the Most High God? Why do you think, there are so many changes? what is it that is being attempted to be hidden, or be confusing?

Upvote 0

listed

are you?
May 14, 2011
✟53,797.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Brother listed, we already know from Scripture that the "little horn" power of Daniel 7:25, would think to do those things.

Daniel 7:25 KJV - [25] And he shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws: and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time.

The 7th Day Sabbath of the LORD thy God is especially both "time" and "law", and was one of the major things it thought to change of the Most High God. Prophetic times were another, and various other laws also.

Who do you think is ultimately influencing men to continue to alter the "times" and "laws" of the Most High God? Why do you think, there are so many changes? what is it that is being attempted to be hidden, or be confusing?
Do not use words of affection in addressing me. We are not brothers in any sense of the word.

I suggest you read God's Word called the Scripture in its entirety. When you believe it get back with me.

Upvote 0
Perhaps I might ask you, listed, a few more Questions? In sincerity and charity.

Without assuming anything which you have or have not read, have you ever heard/read of the many quotations of Roman Catholicism in which they clearly and plainly state that they have power to change times and laws of God?

What is one of the specific time and law of the Commandments of God that those statements of Roman Catholicism clearly identify that it thought to change?

If the 7th Day the Sabbath of the LORD thy God were actually removed way back at the Cross, what would be the purpose to attempt to convince Christians the world over by official statements and documents and arguments that it was Roman Catholicism was the one to actually change it?

Why would the Protestant reformation also agree with Roman Catholicism, in that in their Confession they say that it was Roman Catholicism which claims the power to change the day that God sanctified, and that Roman Catholicism was responsible for such a thing and not found in Scripture?

Where is the historical argument that you are making about the 7th Day in actual recorded history, except for within the last few hundred years beginning with the anti-nomians, like Johannes Agircola? Can you cite anyone else in history that is making the same argument as you from the year AD 100, 200, 300, 400, 500 even up until the year 1500, etc?

Upvote 0

listed

are you?
May 14, 2011
✟53,797.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Perhaps I might ask you, listed, a few more Questions? In sincerity and charity.
Sure ask anything your heart desires.
Without assuming anything which you have or have not read, have you ever heard/read of the many quotations of Roman Catholicism in which they clearly and plainly state that they have power to change times and laws of God?
Yes. That does not make their claims true. I have read the Scripture. You know very well even in your own heart it is not true if you have read EGW. The dates do not match.
What is one of the specific time and law of the Commandments of God that those statements of Roman Catholicism clearly identify that it thought to change?
Their claim is fraudulent. See above statement.
If the 7th Day the Sabbath of the LORD thy God were actually removed way back at the Cross, what would be the purpose to attempt to convince Christians the world over by official statements and documents and arguments that it was Roman Catholicism was the one to actually change it?
I am sorry but you said you have read and believe all the Scripture. This does not so evidence that to be true.
Why would the Protestant reformation also agree with Roman Catholicism, in that in their Confession they say that it was Roman Catholicism which claims the power to change the day that God sanctified, and that Roman Catholicism was responsible for such a thing and not found in Scripture?
Do you have a statement you can quote saying the reformers agreed with the RCC on this? My position comes from the Scripture and not Rome. So it is really a moot issue for me.
Where is the historical argument that you are making about the 7th Day in actual recorded history, except for within the last few hundred years beginning with the anti-nomians, like Johannes Agircola? Can you cite anyone else in history that is making the same argument as you from the year AD 100, 200, 300, 400, 500 even up until the year 1500, etc?
Quotes form both the Scripture and early church fathers have been posted here at CF in the past. The evidence exist from as early as 50AD in the historical record and the Scripture. There are several records prior to 538 (first pope) when your church claims the RCC came into power. There is a difference between the RCC and the Church at Rome. Paul did not address Romans to the RCC.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Having seen that there is nothing in Genesis 1-2 that relates the 7th Day Sabbath of the LORD thy God to the Lunar [Moon] phases, but rather is directly rooted in the Glory of God, we can move to the Ten Commandments themselves and consider further.

However, before so going there, let us consider this "glory of God" in Day 1, for God clothes Himself in thick darkness, but when He desires, He shines forth:

2 Corinthians 4:4-6 KJV - [4] In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them. [5] For we preach not ourselves, but Christ Jesus the Lord; and ourselves your servants for Jesus' sake. [6] For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to [give] the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.

1 John 1:5 KJV - [5] This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all.

Revelation 21:23 KJV - [23] And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof.

John 1:1-15 KJV - [1] In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. [2] The same was in the beginning with God. [3] All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. [4] In him was life; and the life was the light of men. [5] And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not. [6] There was a man sent from God, whose name [was] John. [7] The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all [men] through him might believe. [8] He was not that Light, but [was sent] to bear witness of that Light. [9] [That] was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world. [10] He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not. [11] He came unto his own, and his own received him not. [12] But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, [even] to them that believe on his name: [13] Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God. [14] And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth. [15] John bare witness of him, and cried, saying, This was he of whom I spake, He that cometh after me is preferred before me: for he was before me.

Psalms 18:28 KJV - [28] For thou wilt light my candle: the LORD my God will enlighten my darkness.

Isaiah 60:19 KJV - [19] The sun shall be no more thy light by day; neither for brightness shall the moon give light unto thee: but the LORD shall be unto thee an everlasting light, and thy God thy glory.

Revelation 21:11 KJV - [11] Having the glory of God: and her light was like unto a stone most precious, even like a jasper stone, clear as crystal;

Revelation 22:5 KJV - [5] And there shall be no night there; and they need no candle, neither light of the sun; for the Lord God giveth them light: and they shall reign for ever and ever.

Exodus 33:18-23 KJV - [18] And he said, I beseech thee, shew me thy glory. [19] And he said, I will make all my goodness pass before thee, and I will proclaim the name of the LORD before thee; and will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and will shew mercy on whom I will shew mercy. [20] And he said, Thou canst not see my face: for there shall no man see me, and live. [21] And the LORD said, Behold, [there is] a place by me, and thou shalt stand upon a rock: [22] And it shall come to pass, while my glory passeth by, that I will put thee in a clift of the rock, and will cover thee with my hand while I pass by: [23] And I will take away mine hand, and thou shalt see my back parts: but my face shall not be seen.

Exodus 34:4-8 KJV - [4] And he hewed two tables of stone like unto the first; and Moses rose up early in the morning, and went up unto mount Sinai, as the LORD had commanded him, and took in his hand the two tables of stone. [5] And the LORD descended in the cloud, and stood with him there, and proclaimed the name of the LORD. [6] And the LORD passed by before him, and proclaimed, The LORD, The LORD God, merciful and gracious, longsuffering, and abundant in goodness and truth, [7] Keeping mercy for thousands, forgiving iniquity and transgression and sin, and that will by no means clear [the guilty]; visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children, and upon the children's children, unto the third and to the fourth [generation]. [8] And Moses made haste, and bowed his head toward the earth, and worshipped.

Isaiah 6:1-4 KJV - [1] In the year that king Uzziah died I saw also the Lord sitting upon a throne, high and lifted up, and his train filled the temple. [2] Above it stood the seraphims: each one had six wings; with twain he covered his face, and with twain he covered his feet, and with twain he did fly. [3] And one cried unto another, and said, Holy, holy, holy, [is] the LORD of hosts: the whole earth [is] full of his glory. [4] And the posts of the door moved at the voice of him that cried, and the house was filled with smoke.

John 12:42 KJV - [41] These things said Esaias, when he saw his glory, and spake of him.

Daniel 10:5-6 KJV - [5] Then I lifted up mine eyes, and looked, and behold a certain man clothed in linen, whose loins [were] girded with fine gold of Uphaz: [6] His body also [was] like the beryl, and his face as the appearance of lightning, and his eyes as lamps of fire, and his arms and his feet like in colour to polished brass, and the voice of his words like the voice of a multitude.

Ezekiel 1:1, 26-28 KJV - [1] Now it came to pass in the thirtieth year, in the fourth [month], in the fifth [day] of the month, as I [was] among the captives by the river of Chebar, [that] the heavens were opened, and I saw visions of God. ... [26] And above the firmament that [was] over their heads [was] the likeness of a throne, as the appearance of a sapphire stone: and upon the likeness of the throne [was] the likeness as the appearance of a man above upon it. [27] And I saw as the colour of amber, as the appearance of fire round about within it, from the appearance of his loins even upward, and from the appearance of his loins even downward, I saw as it were the appearance of fire, and it had brightness round about. [28] As the appearance of the bow that is in the cloud in the day of rain, so [was] the appearance of the brightness round about. This [was] the appearance of the likeness of the glory of the LORD. And when I saw [it], I fell upon my face, and I heard a voice of one that spake.

Revelation 1:13-15 KJV - [13] And in the midst of the seven candlesticks [one] like unto the Son of man, clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girt about the paps with a golden girdle. [14] His head and [his] hairs [were] white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes [were] as a flame of fire; [15] And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; and his voice as the sound of many waters.

The 7th Day Sabbath of the LORD thy God, for it was truly He which "rested" and was "refreshed" therein, is rooted in His Own Glory of God, Uncreated, not the Lunar [Moon] Phases, a mere small and tiny portion of creation.

Upvote 0
Here are the Ten Commandments as given/spoken by God's own voice from Mt. Sinai, written by the Holy Spirit, and re-recorded by Moses.

Exodus 20:1-17 KJV - [1] And God spake all these words, saying,

[2] I [am] the LORD thy God, which have brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage. [3] Thou shalt have no other gods before me.

[4] Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness [of any thing] that [is] in heaven above, or that [is] in the earth beneath, or that [is] in the water under the earth: [5] Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God [am] a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth [generation] of them that hate me; [6] And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.

[7] Thou shalt not take the name of the LORD thy God in vain; for the LORD will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain.

[8] Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy. [9] Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work: [10] But the seventh day [is] the sabbath of the LORD thy God: [in it] thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that [is] within thy gates: [11] For [in] six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them [is], and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

[12] Honour thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long upon the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee.

[13] Thou shalt not kill.

[14] Thou shalt not commit adultery.

[15] Thou shalt not steal.

[16] Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour.

[17] Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his ass, nor any thing that [is] thy neighbour's.

What do we notice about the 7th Day Sabbath Commandment of the LORD thy God?

How does it co-relate to Genesis?

Is there anything in these commandments which would link the 7th Day Sabbath of the Lord thy God to the Lunar [Moon] Phases, or rather again is directly linked to God Himself?

Upvote 0
The Ten Commandments, Another Witness - Exodus 20, based in the Creator, not the creation:

Let us now turn to the Ten Commandments themselves in the Book of Exodus, they also being witnesses to us, in regards the timing of the Seventh Day the Sabbath of the LORD thy God.

“Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.” Exodus 20:8

“Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work:” Exodus 20:9

“But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates:” Exodus 20:10

“For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.” Exodus 20:11

What do we read?

[1] Do we read anything in regards the Seventh Day the Sabbath of the LORD thy God, in connection with any of the following words, phrases, etc [in Hebrew or Translation] as spoken directly by God Himself from Heaven in Exodus 20?:

[A] New Moon? … No.

Moon? … No.

[C] Month? … No.

[D] Season? … No.

[E] Lesser Light? … No.

[2] Is the Seventh Day the Sabbath of the LORD thy God, being counted/referenced/calendated to/from a small portion of the creation of Genesis 1-2 [like the “lesser light” [Moon], being “made” the Fourth Day, part of the “all that in them is”], or rather is it dealing with the whole creation, all the 6 days, and God, the Creator, being the source of the Sabbath, the Seventh Day itself, speaking of His rest from His works in those days?

[A] “Six days ...”

“... thou labour, and do all thy work ...”

[C] “... the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God ...”

[D] “... six days ...”

[E] “... the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is ...”

[F] “... the LORD … rested the seventh day ...”

[G] “... wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.”

[3] According to Exodus 20 [which references directly Genesis 1-2] and other passages of Scripture [Matthew 16:24; Mark 8:34; Luke 18:22; John 1:43, 10:27, 13:15, 21:22; 1 Timothy 1:16; 1 Peter 2:21, etc], it is God that we are to “follow” after, as “example” and “pattern”, in regards to the Seventh Day, which was given originally in Genesis 1-2, being God's rest.

Wherein did God count from the New Moon in Genesis 1-2? Nowhere, as any may plainly read for themselves. In fact, God needed no Moon to begin either the Year, the Month, nor the Week with.

[4] Notice, that the text clearly speaks of 7 consecutive days, consisting of 24hr periods with evening and morning, which is 6 working days followed by the 7th Day Sabbath of the LORD, and not 8 such timeperiods.

Please go back and re-read Genesis 1-2. The Lunarian 'sabbath' is no Sabbath at all, since even by definition of the word “Sabbath” is rooted in the Hebrew Number 7 [Hebrew: “שְׁבִיעִי”, Transliterated, “shĕbiy`iy”], and not 8.

There is simply no way around that in Genesis 1-2, for surely God began the First Month there, and there is made no mention of 8, anywhere, nor of a hidden day outside of the 6 working days and the 7th day of rest.

There is no text in Scripture which can alter God's Ten Commandments [hence, neither can anyone “add”, nor “subtract” from them], since they are that which everything else must be tested by, hence the words, “To the Law ...” first, before “... to the Testimony ...”.

The 8 Day week system is a Pagan numerical system, based on the Ogdoad - Ogdoad - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia [which the Roman Catholic Church used in the past for their alteration of the 7th Day Sabbath of the LORD, and they still utilize it for their 1st/8th Day practices - https://www.google.com/search?q=New...ficial&client=firefox-a&channel=np&source=hp]. It is simply utilized in a new way for the Lunarian theology.

It is of interest to note, that a Lunarians 'sabbath' can indeed fall on what is commonly called “Sunday” [“First [day] of the week”], but the True Sabbath of the LORD thy God, being the True 7th Day, can never do such a thing.

This means, that the Lunarians, whether they realize it or not, actually are connected in/to the system of errors, in which the “little horn” of Daniel 7:25 had thought “to change times and laws” of the Most High.

They already have a connecting point and affinity of Day, even if only once in a while, to the changed Day of Romanism!

Upvote 0
The Ten Commandments, Another Witness - Deuteronomy 5:

However, perhaps something was missed in Exodus 20, and it was given later in Deuteronomy 5, let us see another witness:

“Keep the sabbath day to sanctify it, as the LORD thy God hath commanded thee.” Deuteronomy 5:12

“Six days thou shalt labour, and do all thy work:” Deuteronomy 5:13

“But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, nor thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thine ox, nor thine ass, nor any of thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates; that thy manservant and thy maidservant may rest as well as thou.” Deuteronomy 5:14

“And remember that thou wast a servant in the land of Egypt, and that the LORD thy God brought thee out thence through a mighty hand and by a stretched out arm: therefore the LORD thy God commanded thee to keep the sabbath day.” Deuteronomy 5:15

What do we read?

[1] Do we read anything in regards the Seventh Day the Sabbath of the LORD thy God, in connection with any of the following words, phrases, etc [in Hebrew or Translation] as spoken directly by God Himself from Heaven in Exodus 20?:

[A] New Moon? … again No.
Moon? … again No.
[C] Month? … again No.
[D] Season? … again No.
[E] Lesser Light? … again No.

[2] In fact, what we read in Deuteronomy 5:12, immediately points back to Exodus 20:8-11, wherein God had specifically commanded [past tense] them by His own Voice, for notice these words carefully, “Keep the sabbath day to sanctify it, as the LORD thy God hath commanded thee.”, and look at that little word “as”.

These two witnesses [Exodus 20; Deuteronomy 5], along with the original Genesis [1-2] witness, being a third, should Scripturally seal this forever, however, let us look even further. Let us turn now, to Exodus 31:13-18.

Upvote 0
Exodus 31:13-18 – The Sign:

“Speak thou also unto the children of Israel, saying, Verily my sabbaths ye shall keep: for it is a sign between me and you throughout your generations; that ye may know that I am the LORD that doth sanctify you.” Exodus 31:13

“Ye shall keep the sabbath therefore; for it is holy unto you: every one that defileth it shall surely be put to death: for whosoever doeth any work therein, that soul shall be cut off from among his people.” Exodus 31:14

“Six days may work be done; but in the seventh is the sabbath of rest, holy to the LORD: whosoever doeth any work in the sabbath day, he shall surely be put to death.” Exodus 31:15

“Wherefore the children of Israel shall keep the sabbath, to observe the sabbath throughout their generations, for a perpetual covenant.” Exodus 31:16

“It is a sign between me and the children of Israel for ever: for in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, and on the seventh day he rested, and was refreshed.” Exodus 31:17

“And he gave unto Moses, when he had made an end of communing with him upon mount Sinai, two tables of testimony, tables of stone, written with the finger of God.” Exodus 31:18

What do we read?

[A] New Moon? … again No.
Moon? … again No.
[C] Month? … again No.
[D] Season? … again No.
[E] Lesser Light? … again No.

[2] In fact, what we read in Exodus 31:13-18, immediately points back to Exodus 20:8-11 [especially see verse 11, “For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.”] wherein God gave the Ten Commandments and the “...two tables of testimony, tables of stone, written with the finger of God.” [Exodus 31:18], as well as pointing all the way back to the beginning of the Creation by God [Genesis 1-2, etc], beginning from the very First Day, wherein there was no Moon as yet, and not beginning with the Fourth Day, when the Moon was just then “made” therein, and so the Seventh Day the Sabbath of the LORD thy God, encompasses all the 6 working days of God, and His rest [Genesis 2:1-3], for the texts read, “... for in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, and on the seventh day he rested, and was refreshed.” [Exodus 31:17]

We are now at well beyond Three Witnesses, all of which are in perfect atonement in regards the 7th Day Sabbath of the LORD thy God, from Creation.

This means, that the Lunarian 'sabbath' is really, whether they realize it or not, one more assault upon the foundations laid in Genesis, of Creation, the Holy Creator, His Holy Law and therein His Holy 7th Day.

Yet, there is more.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Leviticus 23, The “Seasons” [“mow`ed”; “mow`edim”] - “Appointed Times”, etc:

It is stated by the Lunarian, that the 7th Day Sabbath is one of many “Appointed Times” [“mow`ed”, singular; “mow`edim”, plural], and therefore, according to their reading of Psalms 104:19 [“He appointed the moon for seasons [mow`edim]: the sun knoweth his going down.”], it must [in their view/theology] be timed by the phases of the Moon. Yet, is this Scripturally sound/correct? Can there be “appointed times” [“mow`edim”] not timed by the phases of the Moon, and if so, how will that affect the reading of Leviticus 23? Let us consider this:

“Speak unto the children of Israel, and say unto them, Concerning the feasts of the LORD, which ye shall proclaim to be holy convocations, even these are my feasts.” Leviticus 23:2

We see that Leviticus 23:2, begins by God speaking of the “feasts” [“mow`edim”] of the LORD, and then we read in the next verse:

“Six days shall work be done: but the seventh day is the sabbath of rest, an holy convocation; ye shall do no work therein: it is the sabbath of the LORD in all your dwellings.” Leviticus 23:3

So, the 7th Day Sabbath of the LORD thy God is indeed an “appointed time” [“mow`ed”] for an “holy convocation” [in other words a sacred gathering together], but yet is it such an “appointed time” set by the phases of the Moon, or something else? And if something else, what?

When we read Psalms 104:19, “He appointed the moon for seasons: the sun knoweth his going down.”, it does not anywhere say, in text, or context [Psalms 104], that the Moon was made for “all” “seasons” [“appointed times” [“mow`edim”]], nor does it declare in either text or context that it controls the timing of the appointed time of the 7th Day Sabbath of the LORD thy God. The Lunarian is reading into the text at this point, an apriori view, to make it say so.

We may know by several texts, that the “appointed times” are not “all” based upon the Moon, or Lunar cycles, for instance:

“Command the children of Israel, and say unto them, My offering, and my bread for my sacrifices made by fire, for a sweet savour unto me, shall ye observe to offer unto me in their due season.” Numbers 28:2

“And thou shalt say unto them, This is the offering made by fire which ye shall offer unto the LORD; two lambs of the first year without spot day by day, for a continual burnt offering.” Number 28:3

“The one lamb shalt thou offer in the morning, and the other lamb shalt thou offer at even;” Numbers 28:4

This particular “season” or “appointed time” [“mow`ed”], is specified as “continual” [“daily”, etc], and is not based upon any Moon phase.

After God makes distinction about the 7th Day the Sabbath of the LORD thy God in verse 3, He then reiterates about the “feasts” [“mow`edim”], and this time delineates many “feasts” which are based upon specific days of a given and name/numbered Month.

Obviously, since the “Month” is now involved in those “feasts” [Passover, Unleavened Bread [1st and last days], WaveSheaf/Firstfruits Offering, Weeks/Pentecost, Trumpets, Atonement, Booths/Tabernacles, 1st and 8th day] calendation, the “Moon” must be utilized for those specific “appointed times”, however, we cannot read such in reverse to apply this method back into verse 3, and the 7th Day Sabbath, for if we did, it would break the order and structure given by God.

Upvote 0
Psalms 104:19, the Moon governs the 7th Day???:

“He appointed the moon for seasons: the sun knoweth his going down.” [Psalms 104:19]

Does Psalms 104:19 teach that the “Moon”, being “made” “for seasons” [“appointed times” [“mow`edim”]], was to dictate the calendation of the 7th Day Sabbath of the LORD thy God?

In the immediate text itself, it says no such thing, as the Seventh Day the Sabbath of the LORD thy God is no where written of. In the context, it says no such thing either, but what we do see is that Psalms 104:19 is a text which begins a new segment, and delineates the following passages to come, by mentioning both the [1] Moon, and then [2] the Sun, and then in the immediate context [Psalms 104] itself, the very next two passages deal with the Night-time, wherein the [1] Moon would “rule”, and is for the “seasons” or “appointed times” then referenced, being for those animals and plants of the night:

“Thou makest darkness, and it is night: wherein all the beasts of the forest do creep forth.” Psalms 104:20

“The young lions roar after their prey, and seek their meat from God.” Psalms 104:21

And then the text switches to the other Ordinance of Heaven, [2] that “greater light”, being the Sun, now “rules”, in its “appointed times” or “seasons”, and in this instance, it also references mankind, whereas the Moon passages has not done so:

“The sun ariseth, they gather themselves together, and lay them down in their dens.” Psalms 104:22

“Man goeth forth unto his work and to his labour until the evening.” Psalms 104:23

The Seventh Day the Sabbath of the LORD thy God is never spoken of in those immediate texts, neither in the whole of Psalms 104!

One must realize that Genesis 1:14, reveals that God “made both” “lights” [plural], the “greater light” [Sun] and the “lesser light” [Moon; and stars], for “ ... to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years:”, and therefore, the Sun, is also “made” for “seasons” [“mow`edim”], etc.

Notice:

“And let them be for lights in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth: and it was so.” Genesis1:15

“And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also.” Genesis 1:16

“And God set them in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth,” Genesis 1:17

“And to rule over the day and over the night, and to divide the light from the darkness: and God saw that it was good.” Genesis 1:18

Since the Sun, and even stars, are also made for “seasons” [“mow`edim”], etc, why then do Lunarians, merely pick the Moon to calendate their 'sabbath'? What is the criteria for so doing, where the Scripture?

Psalms 104 is indeed a great Psalm to read and think upon in the Sabbath day, there is no doubt since the Sabbath memorializes all of it being Created by the Creator – Jesus Christ, and speaks of the Beginning unto the Consumation, but it cannot help the Lunarians in their quest to uphold their theology, and in fact, helps to disprove their case all the more, since the Scripture cannot be broken, neither added to, nor subtracted from, for only with destruction coming to the one which does it, and may God help those which choose to do to avoid such an end.

Upvote 0
Lunarcy, it is mow`edness, I tell you, mow`edness!!!:

Genesis 1-2, reveals God's 7 Day Cycle, which ever repeats, and goes like this:

[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7], etc...

Therefore God's Timetable for Months [Average 30 Days, for sake of brevity, beginning the Month and Days together, but it does not have to], would look like [“S” = 7th Day Sabbath of the LORD thy God]:

[01] [02] [03] [04] [05] [06] [07 “S”] – God's Pattern Cycle; Genesis 1-2; etc.
[01] [02] [03] [04] [05] [06] [07 “S”]
[08] [09] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14 “S”]
[15] [16] [17] [18] [19] [20] [21 “S”]
[22] [23] [24] [25] [26] [27] [28 “S”]
[29] [30]

[xx] [xx] [01] [02] [03] [04] [05 “S”]
[06] [07] [08] [09] [10] [11] [12 “S”]
[13] [14] [15] [16] [17] [18] [19 “S”]
[20] [21] [22] [23] [24] [25] [26 “S”]
[27] [28] [29] [30] … etc ...

The 7th Day Sabbath does not move from the 24 Hour Time Period established by God, even He having hallowed [made “Holy”], sanctified [set it aside for holy use, even “made “ for “the man” [Adam]; Mark 2:27-28] and rested in it.

The New Moon Day would then occur on any given [01] month day.

The 7th Day Sabbath of the LORD thy God, would then occur “the” [definite article] 7th Day, in each and any given week of 7 Days. It never relies upon the Moon for calendation. In fact, the Moon could 'fall out of the sky', so to speak, and we would still have “evening”, followed by “morning”, and a 24 hour period and 7 Day cycle [simply minus the Moon, the night 'lesser light'].

The Lunarians, contrariwse to the previous pattern established by God, actually begin their calendrical month with a New Moon Day [a 24 hour period, with evening and morning], and do not designate it as one of the 6 work days, nor 7th Day Sabbath. Therefore, their calendar works like this; abbreviations as follows [NMD = New Moon Day], [WD = Work Day], [LS = Lunarian 'sabbath' Day], numbers above for the actual amount of days [24 hour periods]:

[1]--------[2]------[3]-----[4]------[5]-------[6]------[7]------[8]
[NMD] [1 WD] [2 WD] [3 WD] [4 WD] [5 WD] [6 WD] [7 LS]

And while the very next 24 hour period, should on such a schedule, fall beneath the [NMD], it doesn't because the Lunarians, do not associate that 24 Hour period any longer within their Cycle. It is as if that 24 hour period simply vanishes until the next month to suddenly reappear ready for use.

While it should look like this according to their Cycle, since the New Moon Day is indeed a 24 hour period with evening and morning:

[1]--------[2]------[3]------[4]------[5]------[6]-------[7]------[8]

[9]-------[10]------[11]------[12]----[13]-----[14]------[15]-----[16]
[1 WD] [2 WD] [3 WD] [4 WD] [5 WD] [6 WD] [7 LS] [1 WD]

[17]-------[18]------[19]-----[20]-----[21]---[22]----[23]----[24]
[2 WD] [3 WD] [4 WD] [5 WD] [6 WD] [7 LS] [1 WD] [2 WD]

[25]-------[26]-----[27]-----[28]---[29]----[30] …
[3 WD] [4 WD] [5 WD] [6 WD] [7 LS] ooops...

[What Day is the 30th? Is it a New Moon Day, is it a Work Day, is it a Sabbath Day? Can one have 3 Sabbath Days in a Row [29] [30] [01], and if so, where is such a thing given by God as a pattern in Genesis 1-2? Is the [30th] a Non-day Day???]

Please notice, that attempting to fit an 8 Day beginning week into God's 7 Day Cycle Time Schedule, cannot work, and is broken from the start and from the end, from alpha to omega it is without foundation. Also notice that in so doing it that way, their Lunar 'sabbath' is never actually on the same 24 Hour Day Cycle at all throughout their “month”.

Here is the manipulation that goes on to hide this fact. Please take careful notice of their own published calendar, and also please notice, that what is done to make it 'appear' that the New Moon Day is 'within the month', when very clearly, it is not actually. They utilize the 24 hour period of New Moon day in the First week, and then yank it [24 hours] from the cycle:

https://1888.org/images/2010/11/18/4919/luni-solar-calendar-smaller-updated-b.jpg

The Lunarian must do this, in order to fit their first 8 days, into an actual 7 Day Cycle instituted by God. Here is what actually happens, and what they actually do, apart from their 'picturesque' presentation:

[1]--------[2]------[3]------[4]-------[5]------[6]------[7]-----[8]

[x]-------[9]-----[10]------[11]-----[12]-----[13]-----[14]----[15]
[skip ] [1 WD] [2 WD] [3 WD] [4 WD] [5 WD] [6 WD] [7 LS]

[x]-------[16]----[17]-----[18]-----[19]-----[20]-----[21]---[22]

[x]------[23]-----[24]----[25]-----[26]----[27]-----[28]----[29]

[x]----[30]
[skip ] [???] ooops...

[1]-------[2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8]
[NMD] … etc ...

Isn't it amazing, that they begin with an 8 Day 'week', each day fully 24 hours, and then they switch to 7 day weeks after the first 'week' [8 days] and throw away that original 24 hour period for the remainder of the 'month', until they need it again their next 'month'! Yet that is not all. See what happens when 30 Days are in any of their given 'months'? What do they do with that? It is in a 'week' all by itself in the above example, and thus a 1 day 'week', which is another 24 hour period in itself, simply left to dangle outside of the previous weeks! They also cannot say it is the same 24 hour period as the 1st of their 'month', since that was already cast away.

Additionally, since according to Lunarian theology, the 29th of every 'month' must be their 'sabbath', and their 1st Day of every 'month' is also for rest and 'sabbath', what is done for their 30th Day? Some of the Lunarians rest and 'sabbath' in it too, while other Lunarians work in it! There is no uniformity to be had at all, but unity in error, and only division amongst themselves.

Someone certainly 'created' that 'calendar', but it was not the Creator of Genesis 1-2, the God of order and not of confusion.

Upvote 0

listed

are you?
May 14, 2011
✟53,797.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Having seen that there is nothing in Genesis 1-2 that relates the 7th Day Sabbath of the LORD thy God to the Lunar [Moon] phases, but rather is directly rooted in the Glory of God, we can move to the Ten Commandments themselves and consider further.

However, before so going there, let us consider this "glory of God" in Day 1, for God clothes Himself in thick darkness, but when He desires, He shines forth:

2 Corinthians 4:4-6 KJV - [4] In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them. [5] For we preach not ourselves, but Christ Jesus the Lord; and ourselves your servants for Jesus' sake. [6] For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to [give] the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.

1 John 1:5 KJV - [5] This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all.

Revelation 21:23 KJV - [23] And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof.

John 1:1-15 KJV - [1] In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. [2] The same was in the beginning with God. [3] All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. [4] In him was life; and the life was the light of men. [5] And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not. [6] There was a man sent from God, whose name [was] John. [7] The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all [men] through him might believe. [8] He was not that Light, but [was sent] to bear witness of that Light. [9] [That] was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world. [10] He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not. [11] He came unto his own, and his own received him not. [12] But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, [even] to them that believe on his name: [13] Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God. [14] And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth. [15] John bare witness of him, and cried, saying, This was he of whom I spake, He that cometh after me is preferred before me: for he was before me.

Psalms 18:28 KJV - [28] For thou wilt light my candle: the LORD my God will enlighten my darkness.

Isaiah 60:19 KJV - [19] The sun shall be no more thy light by day; neither for brightness shall the moon give light unto thee: but the LORD shall be unto thee an everlasting light, and thy God thy glory.

Revelation 21:11 KJV - [11] Having the glory of God: and her light was like unto a stone most precious, even like a jasper stone, clear as crystal;

Revelation 22:5 KJV - [5] And there shall be no night there; and they need no candle, neither light of the sun; for the Lord God giveth them light: and they shall reign for ever and ever.

Exodus 33:18-23 KJV - [18] And he said, I beseech thee, shew me thy glory. [19] And he said, I will make all my goodness pass before thee, and I will proclaim the name of the LORD before thee; and will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and will shew mercy on whom I will shew mercy. [20] And he said, Thou canst not see my face: for there shall no man see me, and live. [21] And the LORD said, Behold, [there is] a place by me, and thou shalt stand upon a rock: [22] And it shall come to pass, while my glory passeth by, that I will put thee in a clift of the rock, and will cover thee with my hand while I pass by: [23] And I will take away mine hand, and thou shalt see my back parts: but my face shall not be seen.

Exodus 34:4-8 KJV - [4] And he hewed two tables of stone like unto the first; and Moses rose up early in the morning, and went up unto mount Sinai, as the LORD had commanded him, and took in his hand the two tables of stone. [5] And the LORD descended in the cloud, and stood with him there, and proclaimed the name of the LORD. [6] And the LORD passed by before him, and proclaimed, The LORD, The LORD God, merciful and gracious, longsuffering, and abundant in goodness and truth, [7] Keeping mercy for thousands, forgiving iniquity and transgression and sin, and that will by no means clear [the guilty]; visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children, and upon the children's children, unto the third and to the fourth [generation]. [8] And Moses made haste, and bowed his head toward the earth, and worshipped.

Isaiah 6:1-4 KJV - [1] In the year that king Uzziah died I saw also the Lord sitting upon a throne, high and lifted up, and his train filled the temple. [2] Above it stood the seraphims: each one had six wings; with twain he covered his face, and with twain he covered his feet, and with twain he did fly. [3] And one cried unto another, and said, Holy, holy, holy, [is] the LORD of hosts: the whole earth [is] full of his glory. [4] And the posts of the door moved at the voice of him that cried, and the house was filled with smoke.

John 12:42 KJV - [41] These things said Esaias, when he saw his glory, and spake of him.

Daniel 10:5-6 KJV - [5] Then I lifted up mine eyes, and looked, and behold a certain man clothed in linen, whose loins [were] girded with fine gold of Uphaz: [6] His body also [was] like the beryl, and his face as the appearance of lightning, and his eyes as lamps of fire, and his arms and his feet like in colour to polished brass, and the voice of his words like the voice of a multitude.

Ezekiel 1:1, 26-28 KJV - [1] Now it came to pass in the thirtieth year, in the fourth [month], in the fifth [day] of the month, as I [was] among the captives by the river of Chebar, [that] the heavens were opened, and I saw visions of God. ... [26] And above the firmament that [was] over their heads [was] the likeness of a throne, as the appearance of a sapphire stone: and upon the likeness of the throne [was] the likeness as the appearance of a man above upon it. [27] And I saw as the colour of amber, as the appearance of fire round about within it, from the appearance of his loins even upward, and from the appearance of his loins even downward, I saw as it were the appearance of fire, and it had brightness round about. [28] As the appearance of the bow that is in the cloud in the day of rain, so [was] the appearance of the brightness round about. This [was] the appearance of the likeness of the glory of the LORD. And when I saw [it], I fell upon my face, and I heard a voice of one that spake.

Revelation 1:13-15 KJV - [13] And in the midst of the seven candlesticks [one] like unto the Son of man, clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girt about the paps with a golden girdle. [14] His head and [his] hairs [were] white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes [were] as a flame of fire; [15] And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; and his voice as the sound of many waters.

The 7th Day Sabbath of the LORD thy God, for it was truly He which "rested" and was "refreshed" therein, is rooted in His Own Glory of God, Uncreated, not the Lunar [Moon] Phases, a mere small and tiny portion of creation.
OK I read all of your posts (carefully I think) and find no evidence for your closing statement.

Do not insult me by calling me brother. This is called flaming. I made this request at least twice.

Upvote 0
The Fundamentalist said:
OK I read all of your posts (carefully I think) and find no evidence for your closing statement. ...
Genesis 3:20; Acts 17:26; 1 Corinthians 15:22, etc,

Exodus 31:17 KJV - [17] It is a sign between me and the children of Israel for ever: for in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, and on the seventh day he rested, and was refreshed.

I hope that helps, seriously and in all the love of God.

The Glory of God is found in 2 Corinthians 4:4-6, in combination with the other texts previously cited.

The Moon [and thus all its phases therefrom] is clearly one small portion of the Total Creation of Genesis 1-2, that came in the 4th day of Creation as already demonstrated with the other texts previously cited.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0