The 7th Day Sabbath, is not Lunar-cy, being mow`edness, I tell you, mow`edness!!!

The 7th Day Sabbath, is not Lunar-based, for that would be Lunarcy, being mow`edness, I tell you, mow`edness!!! :)

Before we begin:

The Scriptural Test:

“... not I, but Christ ...” [Galatians 2:20],

“Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me [Christ Jesus].” [John 5:39],

“If any man will do his will, he shall know of the doctrine, whether it be of God, orwhetherI speak of myself.” [John 7:17],

“... Every one that is of the truth heareth my [Christ Jesus'] voice.” [John 18:37]

“He [Christ Jesus] must increase, but I must decrease.” [John 3:30],

“Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.” [1 Thessalonians 5:21],

“... in the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established.” [Matthew 18:16],

“And the spirits of the prophets are subject to the prophets.” [1 Corinthians 14:32],

“... Believe in the LORD your God, so shall ye be established; believe his prophets, so shall ye prosper.” [2 Chronicles 20:20],

“To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them.” [Isaiah 8:20],

“It is written...” [Matthew 4:4],

“... thus saith the LORD ...” [Haggai 2:6],

“... the scripture cannot be broken.” [John 10:35],

“...God, that cannot lie...” [Titus 1:2],

“That by two immutable things, in which [it was] impossible for God to lie...” [Hebrews 6:18],

“All scripture [is] given by inspiration of God, and [is] profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:” [2 Timothy 3:16],

“The words of the LORD [are] pure words: [as] silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times.” [Psalms 12:6],

“[As for] God, his way [is] perfect; the word of the LORD [is] tried: he [is] a buckler to all them that trust in him.” [2 Samuel 22:31],

“[As for] God, his way [is] perfect: the word of the LORD is tried: he [is] a buckler to all those that trust in him.” [Psalms 18:30],

“LAMED. For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven.” [Psalms 119:89],

And we are warned in Scripture about our correct use of Scripture, and that we are not to “wrest” [2 Peter 3:16], neither mishandle it deceitfully:

“Add thou not unto his words, lest he reprove thee, and thou be found a liar.” [Proverbs 30:6]

So also of the Ten Commandments:

“Ye shall not add unto the word which I command you, neither shall ye diminish [ought] from it, that ye may keep the commandments of the LORD your God which I command you.” [Deuteronomy 4:2]

In the Revelation of Jesus Christ, again [which covers the "Everlasting Gospel" from Creation to Re-Creation, Beginning to End]:

“For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:” [Revelation 22:18]

“And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and [from] the things which are written in this book.” [Revelation 22:19]

For even Balaam knew better, for he wisely said:

“And Balaam answered and said unto the servants of Balak, If Balak would give me his house full of silver and gold, I cannot go beyond the word of the LORD my God, to do less or more.” [Numbers 22:18]

“If Balak would give me his house full of silver and gold, I cannot go beyond the commandment of the LORD, to do [either] good or bad of mine own mind; [but] what the LORD saith, that will I speak?” [Numbers 24:13]

Even another messenger of the LORD is clear:

“...Yet no man has a right to add to or subtract from any other book written by inspiration of God. ...” - Early Writings, p. 137.3 or Spiritual Gifts. Volume 1, p. 9.4

Therefore, let us clearly understand that:

“... no prophesy of the scripture is of any private interpretation...” [2 Peter 1:20],

Let us be like the more noble Bereans, which were:

“... more noble than those in Thessalonica...” [Acts 17:11],

even,

“... rightly dividing the word of truth...” [2 Timothy 2:15],

Let us follow the Commandments of Jesus, so that we:

“Quench not the Spirit.” [1 Thessalonians 5:19],

and,

“... grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.” [Ephesians 4:30].

Now let us come together unto God in humility, meekness, supplication and prayer, seeking and asking to know more fully His will, for He says,

“Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD...” [Isaiah 1:18].

The 7th Day Sabbath is based upon the Cycle of 7 from the Beginning, and not based upon Lunar [Moon] Phases.

Genesis 2:1-3 KJV - [1] Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them. [2] And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made. [3] And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made.

Exodus 20:8-11 KJV - [8] Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy. [9] Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work: [10] But the seventh day [is] the sabbath of the LORD thy God: [in it] thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that [is] within thy gates: [11] For [in] six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them [is], and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

Deuteronomy 5:12-15 KJV - [12] Keep the sabbath day to sanctify it, as the LORD thy God hath commanded thee. [13] Six days thou shalt labour, and do all thy work: [14] But the seventh day [is] the sabbath of the LORD thy God: [in it] thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, nor thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thine ox, nor thine ass, nor any of thy cattle, nor thy stranger that [is] within thy gates; that thy manservant and thy maidservant may rest as well as thou. [15] And remember that thou wast a servant in the land of Egypt, and [that] the LORD thy God brought thee out thence through a mighty hand and by a stretched out arm: therefore the LORD thy God commanded thee to keep the sabbath day.

Exodus 31:13-17 KJV - [13] Speak thou also unto the children of Israel, saying, Verily my sabbaths ye shall keep: for it [is] a sign between me and you throughout your generations; that [ye] may know that I [am] the LORD that doth sanctify you. [14] Ye shall keep the sabbath therefore; for it [is] holy unto you: every one that defileth it shall surely be put to death: for whosoever doeth [any] work therein, that soul shall be cut off from among his people. [15] Six days may work be done; but in the seventh [is] the sabbath of rest, holy to the LORD: whosoever doeth [any] work in the sabbath day, he shall surely be put to death. [16] Wherefore the children of Israel shall keep the sabbath, to observe the sabbath throughout their generations, [for] a perpetual covenant. [17] It [is] a sign between me and the children of Israel for ever: for [in] six days the LORD made heaven and earth, and on the seventh day he rested, and was refreshed.

Reactions: BobRyan

Cribstyl

Veteran
Jun 13, 2006
✟97,528.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Are you rejecting that the message of the gospel is the word of God unto this generation?

Three witnesses

Jesus:
Luk 16:16

The law and the prophets were until John: since that time the kingdom of God is preached, and every man presseth into it.

John:
Jhn 1:17

For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.

Paul:

2Co 3:10

For even that which was made glorious had no glory in this respect, by reason of the glory that excelleth.

Jhn 8:32

And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

Jhn 14:6

Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Upvote 0
Are you rejecting that the message of the gospel is the word of God unto this generation?

Three witnesses

Jesus:

The law and the prophets were until John: since that time the kingdom of God is preached, and every man presseth into it.

John:

Paul:

For even that which was made glorious had no glory in this respect, by reason of the glory that excelleth.

Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
Brother, your response is non-sequitur to the OP and its intended purposes.

Therefore, please, I ask in charity, that you cease from this thread from this line of non-sequitur response, or if you do desire to continue on subject, please remain within the subject of the OP. Thank you! :)

The subject under present consideration is the 7th Day Sabbath and its chronological re-occurance, whether the Scriptures declare that it is cyclical independent of the Lunar Phases [Moon] or dependent of the Lunar Phases [Moon].

The OP contends, and thus myself, based upon the Scripture, that the 7th Day Sabbath is independent of the Lunar Phases [Moon] from Creation Day 1, and not dependent upon the Lunar Phases [Moon].

Upvote 0
B

bbbbbbb

Therefore, please, I ask in charity, that you cease from this thread from this line of non-sequitur response, or if you do desire to continue on subject, please remain within the subject of the OP. Thank you! :)

The subject under present consideration is the 7th Day Sabbath and its chronological re-occurance, whether the Scriptures declare that it is cyclical independent of the Lunar Phases [Moon] or dependent of the Lunar Phases [Moon].

The OP contends, and thus myself, based upon the Scripture, that the 7th Day Sabbath is independent of the Lunar Phases [Moon] from Creation Day 1, and not dependent upon the Lunar Phases [Moon].

How do you know which day of our seven-day cycle corresponds directly to the seventh day of creation?

Upvote 0
How do you know which day of our seven-day cycle corresponds directly to the seventh day of creation?
Short Answer? Scriptures already cited, and further yet to come, along with various historical documentations.

As a for instance in regards Scriptures, in association with what is already provided from the OP, Genesis 2:1-3; Exodus 20:8-11; and the like, now also speaking of Jesus:

Hebrews 4:15 KJV - [15] For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as [we are, yet] without sin.

Considering 1 John 3:4, Jesus surely knows when to observe the 7th Day Sabbath of the LORD God, and He is without sin.

Time has not been lost, unless you or another are suggesting that time has been lost, and if so postulating that time has been lost, what evidence would you or they put forth to sustain that ideology in the light of the already given Scriptures and the above?

Upvote 0

toLiJC

Jun 18, 2012
✟35,877.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
The 7th Day Sabbath, is not Lunar-based, for that would be Lunarcy, being mow`edness, I tell you, mow`edness!!!

the biblical concept "sabbath" means few interrelated things:

- the time during which God the Father is in a state of half-sleep, because He created all the creature/creation of (the) universe in six days whereafter fell into a centuries-long state of half-sleep from the seventh day on, which continued even till now, therefore He blessed and hollowed that time also by giving the faith to the people who want to be His spiritual servants/workers so that they might sanctify the sabbath when He is not able to completely take care of all human and other ensouled beings because of His sleep

- the universal creature/creation, that should be sanctified/kept holy when God is in a state of half-sleep, because the universal creature/creation may be more vulnerable to the manifestation of the "darkness" during the sleep of God, therefore the spiritual servants/workers should endeavor to keep/restore the: Peace, Purity, Sanctity, Good, Virtue, Benediction, and Welfare of all human and other ensouled beings, which is possible by good intercession("prayer") and concern/care("fasting") for overall salvation in Him, because only He can solve all problems completely and permanently, that is why the faith is actually a process of God's evocation, and exactly the show of love wakes Him (up)

- the faith, which should be kept clean/restored, because exactly the spiritual human intervention may cause/bring troubles, for God is a Spirit and His Kingdom is Spiritual, but the devil is also a spirit and its kingdom is also spiritual, and the spiritual is (in) the basis of each thing in the universe, that is why the spiritual iniquity is the original sin, the very sin, and even the only, because the devil could not enter into the world and establish its kingdom there without the respective spiritual assistance/support of certain humans, therefore the spiritual servants/workers should work in the faith not after human tradition/doctrine/creed i.e. that is not of God, but by invoking the true Lord God and resigning everything(including everyone) to His Hands

Blessings

Last edited:
Upvote 0

listed

are you?
May 14, 2011
✟53,797.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

Three witnesses

Jesus:

John:

Paul:

Your long post has nothing to do with the title of the thread.

Upvote 0

listed

are you?
May 14, 2011
✟53,797.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

Unfortunately there is no command "Thou shalt read all the Scripture."

Upvote 0

listed

are you?
May 14, 2011
✟53,797.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Short Answer? Scriptures already cited, and further yet to come, along with various historical documentations.

As a for instance in regards Scriptures, in association with what is already provided from the OP, Genesis 2:1-3; Exodus 20:8-11; and the like, now also speaking of Jesus:

Hebrews 4:15 KJV - [15] For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as [we are, yet] without sin.

Considering 1 John 3:4, Jesus surely knows when to observe the 7th Day Sabbath of the LORD God, and He is without sin.

Time has not been lost, unless you or another are suggesting that time has been lost, and if so postulating that time has been lost, what evidence would you or they put forth to sustain that ideology in the light of the already given Scriptures and the above?
All I read above is opinion and you did have 1 passage about the Sabbath which you do not keep.

Reactions: Sophrosyne
Upvote 0

Cribstyl

Veteran
Jun 13, 2006
✟97,528.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Your long post has nothing to do with the title of the thread.
:thumbsup: Aint that the truth............ He cited over 100 texts and not one of them proves that God kept a sabbath. Scriptures proves that 'God's rest';(not made for man) is a place to enter, and not a day to keep.
A sabbath is a day of rest given to man. (made for man)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

listed

are you?
May 14, 2011
✟53,797.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

Ok Spam us with your stuff. We have seen it all and refuted your ideas with Scripture. For your claims to be true you have to alter the meanings and words of even Moses.

Upvote 0

listed

are you?
May 14, 2011
✟53,797.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
:thumbsup: Aint that the truth............ He cited over 100 texts and not one of them proves that God kept a sabbath. Scriptures proves that 'God's rest';(not made for man) is a place to enter, and not a day to keep.
He has none and can not locate any such passage. He will refer us to Gen 2:1-3 The word rest(ed) used in that passage actually means the same thing as a cease and desist court order. The word is so translated in the prophets as to cease in speaking about the 7day sabbath. So much for the 10 Cs being forever an obligation of mankind.

Upvote 0
Unfortunately there is no command "Thou shalt read all the Scripture."
Though a non-sequitur to the OP, I think I shall comment upon that, and say that I disagree with the overall statement, and say that there is such command.

Of the Ten Commandments, and the Testimony:

Deuteronomy 6:7 KJV - [7] And thou shalt teach them diligently unto thy children, and shalt talk of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, and when thou liest down, and when thou risest up.

Deuteronomy 11:19 KJV - [19] And ye shall teach them your children, speaking of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, when thou liest down, and when thou risest up.

Speaking of the King:

Deuteronomy 17:19 KJV - [19] And it shall be with him, and he shall read therein all the days of his life: that he may learn to fear the LORD his God, to keep all the words of this law and these statutes, to do them:

Esther 6:1 KJV - [1] On that night could not the king sleep, and he commanded to bring the book of records of the chronicles; and they were read before the king.

Speaking of the Priests, even to the People:

Nehemiah 8:7-8 KJV - [7] Also Jeshua, and Bani, and Sherebiah, Jamin, Akkub, Shabbethai, Hodijah, Maaseiah, Kelita, Azariah, Jozabad, Hanan, Pelaiah, and the Levites, caused the people to understand the law: and the people [stood] in their place. [8] So they read in the book in the law of God distinctly, and gave the sense, and caused [them] to understand the reading.

Prophets:

Isaiah 34:16 KJV - [16] Seek ye out of the book of the LORD, and read: no one of these shall fail, none shall want her mate: for my mouth it hath commanded, and his spirit it hath gathered them.

Daniel 12:4 KJV - [4] But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, [even] to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased.

Habakkuk 2:2 KJV - [2] And the LORD answered me, and said, Write the vision, and make [it] plain upon tables, that he may run that readeth it.

Jesus indicated that the Jews were to be reading the Word of the Lord:

Matthew 12:3 KJV - [3] But he said unto them, Have ye not read what David did, when he was an hungred, and they that were with him;

Matthew 12:5 KJV - [5] Or have ye not read in the law, how that on the sabbath days the priests in the temple profane the sabbath, and are blameless?

Matthew 19:4 KJV - [4] And he answered and said unto them, Have ye not read, that he which made [them] at the beginning made them male and female,

Matthew 21:16, 42 KJV - [16] And said unto him, Hearest thou what these say? And Jesus saith unto them, Yea; have ye never read, Out of the mouth of babes and sucklings thou hast perfected praise? ... [42] Jesus saith unto them, Did ye never read in the scriptures, The stone which the builders rejected, the same is become the head of the corner: this is the Lord's doing, and it is marvellous in our eyes?

Matthew 22:31 KJV - [31] But as touching the resurrection of the dead, have ye not read that which was spoken unto you by God, saying,

Matthew 24:15 KJV - [15] When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand:)

Mark 2:25 KJV - [25] And he said unto them, Have ye never read what David did, when he had need, and was an hungred, he, and they that were with him?

Mark 12:10, 26 KJV - [10] And have ye not read this scripture; The stone which the builders rejected is become the head of the corner: ... [26] And as touching the dead, that they rise: have ye not read in the book of Moses, how in the bush God spake unto him, saying, I [am] the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob?

Mark 13:14 KJV - [14] But when ye shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, standing where it ought not, (let him that readeth understand,) then let them that be in Judaea flee to the mountains:

Luke 4:16 KJV - [16] And he came to Nazareth, where he had been brought up: and, as his custom was, he went into the synagogue on the sabbath day, and stood up for to read.

Luke 6:3 KJV - [3] And Jesus answering them said, Have ye not read so much as this, what David did, when himself was an hungred, and they which were with him;

John 5:39 KJV - [39] Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.

In Acts:

Acts 8:28, 30, 32 KJV - [28] Was returning, and sitting in his chariot read Esaias the prophet. ... [30] And Philip ran thither to [him], and heard him read the prophet Esaias, and said, Understandest thou what thou readest? ... [32] The place of the scripture which he read was this, He was led as a sheep to the slaughter; and like a lamb dumb before his shearer, so opened he not his mouth:

Acts 13:27 KJV - [27] For they that dwell at Jerusalem, and their rulers, because they knew him not, nor yet the voices of the prophets which are read every sabbath day, they have fulfilled [them] in condemning [him].

Acts 15:21 KJV - [21] For Moses of old time hath in every city them that preach him, being read in the synagogues every sabbath day.

Paul himself said:

2 Corinthians 3:15 KJV - [15] But even unto this day, when Moses is read, the vail is upon their heart.

Ephesians 3:4 KJV - [4] Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ)

Colossians 4:16 KJV - [16] And when this epistle is read among you, cause that it be read also in the church of the Laodiceans; and that ye likewise read the [epistle] from Laodicea.

1 Thessalonians 5:27 KJV - [27] I charge you by the Lord that this epistle be read unto all the holy brethren.

Revelation, of which every Book of the Scripture meets and ends, says:

Revelation 1:3 KJV - [3] Blessed [is] he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for the time [is] at hand.

Thank you, now if we may remain on OP topic?

Again, the 7th day Sabbath of the LORD, [1] independent of the Lunar [Moon] Phases, or [2] dependent of the Lunar [Moon] Phases.

Reactions: BobRyan
Upvote 0
Brother, I am asking in charity and in kindness, please refrain from taking this thread away from the Topic as is given in the OP.

Subject: The 7th Day Sabbath of the LORD thy God, and whether it was [1] independent of the Lunar [Moon] Phases, or [2] dependent on the Lunar [Moon] Phases.

Anything else, is not germane to the OP. I ask again, please desist, please do not press me to take matters to moderators - please. I dislike to do that. If you desire to have those questions or topics considered, take it elsewhere and invite others to join. I will not be attending, however.

But to show more charity to you, to conisder your point in this reply only:

You had stated:

"... He cited over 100 texts and not one of them proves that God kept a sabbath ..."

Exodus 20:8-11 is already cited for you. "the seventh day the sabbath of the LORD', now we just look at when that "sabbath" "of the LORD" took place, and the context of Exodus 20:8-11 reveals that when.

Thank you.

Upvote 0
Ok Spam us with your stuff. We have seen it all and refuted your ideas with Scripture. For your claims to be true you have to alter the meanings and words of even Moses.
Here again is the subject:

Subject: The 7th Day Sabbath of the LORD thy God, and whether it was [1] independent of the Lunar [Moon] Phases, or [2] dependent on the Lunar [Moon] Phases.

This thread takes the Scriptural position, that the 7th Day Sabbath of the LORD is relevant. If you choose to argue against that assertion, this is not that thread, since the Subject is given you, on several occasions. Please begin your own thread for any other subject. Thank you!

Have I interrupted your thread and changed the subject? Please, in charity and kindness, I ask the same of you Brother.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

listed

are you?
May 14, 2011
✟53,797.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Though a non-sequitur to the OP, I think I shall comment upon that, and say that I disagree with the overall statement, and say that there is such command.

Of the Ten Commandments, and the Testimony:

Deuteronomy 6:7 KJV - [7] And thou shalt teach them diligently unto thy children, and shalt talk of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, and when thou liest down, and when thou risest up.

Deuteronomy 11:19 KJV - [19] And ye shall teach them your children, speaking of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, when thou liest down, and when thou risest up.

Speaking of the King:

Deuteronomy 17:19 KJV - [19] And it shall be with him, and he shall read therein all the days of his life: that he may learn to fear the LORD his God, to keep all the words of this law and these statutes, to do them:

Esther 6:1 KJV - [1] On that night could not the king sleep, and he commanded to bring the book of records of the chronicles; and they were read before the king.

Speaking of the Priests, even to the People:

Nehemiah 8:7-8 KJV - [7] Also Jeshua, and Bani, and Sherebiah, Jamin, Akkub, Shabbethai, Hodijah, Maaseiah, Kelita, Azariah, Jozabad, Hanan, Pelaiah, and the Levites, caused the people to understand the law: and the people [stood] in their place. [8] So they read in the book in the law of God distinctly, and gave the sense, and caused [them] to understand the reading.

Prophets:

Isaiah 34:16 KJV - [16] Seek ye out of the book of the LORD, and read: no one of these shall fail, none shall want her mate: for my mouth it hath commanded, and his spirit it hath gathered them.

Daniel 12:4 KJV - [4] But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, [even] to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased.

Habakkuk 2:2 KJV - [2] And the LORD answered me, and said, Write the vision, and make [it] plain upon tables, that he may run that readeth it.

Jesus indicated that the Jews were to be reading the Word of the Lord:

Matthew 12:3 KJV - [3] But he said unto them, Have ye not read what David did, when he was an hungred, and they that were with him;

Matthew 12:5 KJV - [5] Or have ye not read in the law, how that on the sabbath days the priests in the temple profane the sabbath, and are blameless?

Matthew 19:4 KJV - [4] And he answered and said unto them, Have ye not read, that he which made [them] at the beginning made them male and female,

Matthew 21:16, 42 KJV - [16] And said unto him, Hearest thou what these say? And Jesus saith unto them, Yea; have ye never read, Out of the mouth of babes and sucklings thou hast perfected praise? ... [42] Jesus saith unto them, Did ye never read in the scriptures, The stone which the builders rejected, the same is become the head of the corner: this is the Lord's doing, and it is marvellous in our eyes?

Matthew 22:31 KJV - [31] But as touching the resurrection of the dead, have ye not read that which was spoken unto you by God, saying,

Matthew 24:15 KJV - [15] When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand:)

Mark 2:25 KJV - [25] And he said unto them, Have ye never read what David did, when he had need, and was an hungred, he, and they that were with him?

Mark 12:10, 26 KJV - [10] And have ye not read this scripture; The stone which the builders rejected is become the head of the corner: ... [26] And as touching the dead, that they rise: have ye not read in the book of Moses, how in the bush God spake unto him, saying, I [am] the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob?

Mark 13:14 KJV - [14] But when ye shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, standing where it ought not, (let him that readeth understand,) then let them that be in Judaea flee to the mountains:

Luke 4:16 KJV - [16] And he came to Nazareth, where he had been brought up: and, as his custom was, he went into the synagogue on the sabbath day, and stood up for to read.

Luke 6:3 KJV - [3] And Jesus answering them said, Have ye not read so much as this, what David did, when himself was an hungred, and they which were with him;

John 5:39 KJV - [39] Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.

In Acts:

Acts 8:28, 30, 32 KJV - [28] Was returning, and sitting in his chariot read Esaias the prophet. ... [30] And Philip ran thither to [him], and heard him read the prophet Esaias, and said, Understandest thou what thou readest? ... [32] The place of the scripture which he read was this, He was led as a sheep to the slaughter; and like a lamb dumb before his shearer, so opened he not his mouth:

Acts 13:27 KJV - [27] For they that dwell at Jerusalem, and their rulers, because they knew him not, nor yet the voices of the prophets which are read every sabbath day, they have fulfilled [them] in condemning [him].

Acts 15:21 KJV - [21] For Moses of old time hath in every city them that preach him, being read in the synagogues every sabbath day.

Paul himself said:

2 Corinthians 3:15 KJV - [15] But even unto this day, when Moses is read, the vail is upon their heart.

Ephesians 3:4 KJV - [4] Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ)

Colossians 4:16 KJV - [16] And when this epistle is read among you, cause that it be read also in the church of the Laodiceans; and that ye likewise read the [epistle] from Laodicea.

1 Thessalonians 5:27 KJV - [27] I charge you by the Lord that this epistle be read unto all the holy brethren.

Revelation, of which every Book of the Scripture meets and ends, says:

Revelation 1:3 KJV - [3] Blessed [is] he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for the time [is] at hand.

Thank you, now if we may remain on OP topic?

Again, the 7th day Sabbath of the LORD, [1] independent of the Lunar [Moon] Phases, or [2] dependent of the Lunar [Moon] Phases.

All you have done is key in one a word and c & peed a bunch of irrelevant passages.

Upvote 0

listed

are you?
May 14, 2011
✟53,797.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Here again is the subject:

This thread takes the Scriptural position, that the 7th Day Sabbath of the LORD is relevant. If you choose to argue against that assertion, this is not that thread, since the Subject is given you, on several occasions. Please begin your own thread for any other subject. Thank you!

Have I interrupted your thread and changed the subject? Please, in charity and kindness, I ask the same of you Brother.
The answer is no and unacceptable to you. Therefore it is not an answer.

It is simply amazing that you wish to discuss the 7th day Sabbath of the Lord and tell us if we do not agree with you to not post. You are not here for discussion, but preaching and demanding others take your position. You are not talking to brothers. The proper place for you to take this position is in the fellowship areas of like mined people. You are very out of place and order.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Genesis, the Book of Seeds:

Now, please turn to Genesis, and let us begin there, since it is the Book of Origins, the Book of Beginnings, the Book of the Generation, the Book of Seeds, and in its pages we may understand the foundation of the subject of the Sabbath, and of Moons, and what, if anything, they have to do with one another.

The 4th Day of Genesis:

“And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years:” Genesis 1:14

“And let them be for lights in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth: and it was so.” Genesis 1:15

“And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also.” Genesis 1:16

“And God set them in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth,” Genesis 1:17

“And to rule over the day and over the night, and to divide the light from the darkness: and God saw that it was good.” Genesis 1:18

“And the evening and the morning were the fourth day.” Genesis 1:19

The 7th Day of Genesis:

“Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them.” Genesis 2:1

“And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made.” Genesis 2:2

“And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made.” Genesis 2:3

What do we see that the Scripture says?

[1] In/on “the Fourth Day” [Genesis 1:19], we read that God “made” the “two great lights”:

[A] “... the greater light to rule the day ...”, this, the Sun,

[B1] “... and the lesser light to rule the night ...”, this, the Moon,

[B2] “... he made the stars also.”, these, the stars/constellations.

The word “made” in Genesis 1:16, in regards those “two great lights” in Hebrew “עָשָׂה”; Transliterated “‛âśâh”, means to “create, bring forth [as in yielding fruit, produce, etc], make, etc”, and is the same word used in:

[A] Genesis 1:7, “And God made ...”,

[bb] Genesis 1:11, “... the fruit tree yielding fruit after his kind ...”,

[c] Genesis 1:12, “... the tree yielding fruit ...”,

[D] Genesis 1:25, “And God made the beast of the earth after his kind ...”,

[E] Genesis 1:26, “And God said, Let us make man in our image ...”

[F] Genesis 2:18, “... I will make him an help meet for him.”

[G] Genesis 1:31, “And God saw every thing that he had made ...”

[H] Genesis 2:2 “And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made

Genesis 2:3, “And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made

[J] Genesis 2:4, “These are the generations of the heavens and of the earth when they were created, in the day that the LORD God made the earth and the heavens,”

[K] Genesis 3:1, “Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. ...”

[L] Genesis 5:1, “This is the book of the generations of Adam. In the day that God created man, in the likeness of God made he him;”

[M] etc, etc ...

Upvote 0

listed

are you?
May 14, 2011
✟53,797.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Genesis, the Book of Seeds:

Now, please turn to Genesis, and let us begin there, since it is the Book of Origins, the Book of Beginnings, the Book of the Generation, the Book of Seeds, and in its pages we may understand the foundation of the subject of the Sabbath, and of Moons, and what, if anything, they have to do with one another.

The 4th Day of Genesis:

“And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years:” Genesis 1:14

“And let them be for lights in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth: and it was so.” Genesis 1:15

“And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also.” Genesis 1:16

“And God set them in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth,” Genesis 1:17

“And to rule over the day and over the night, and to divide the light from the darkness: and God saw that it was good.” Genesis 1:18

“And the evening and the morning were the fourth day.” Genesis 1:19

The 7th Day of Genesis:

“Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them.” Genesis 2:1

“And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made.” Genesis 2:2

“And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made.” Genesis 2:3

What do we see that the Scripture says?

[1] In/on “the Fourth Day” [Genesis 1:19], we read that God “made” the “two great lights”:

[A] “... the greater light to rule the day ...”, this, the Sun,

[B1] “... and the lesser light to rule the night ...”, this, the Moon,

[B2] “... he made the stars also.”, these, the stars/constellations.

The word “made” in Genesis 1:16, in regards those “two great lights” in Hebrew “עָשָׂה”; Transliterated “‛âśâh”, means to “create, bring forth [as in yielding fruit, produce, etc], make, etc”, and is the same word used in:

[A] Genesis 1:7, “And God made ...”,

[bb] Genesis 1:11, “... the fruit tree yielding fruit after his kind ...”,

[c] Genesis 1:12, “... the tree yielding fruit ...”,

[D] Genesis 1:25, “And God made the beast of the earth after his kind ...”,

[E] Genesis 1:26, “And God said, Let us make man in our image ...”

[F] Genesis 2:18, “... I will make him an help meet for him.”

[G] Genesis 1:31, “And God saw every thing that he had made ...”

[H] Genesis 2:2 “And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made

Genesis 2:3, “And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made

[J] Genesis 2:4, “These are the generations of the heavens and of the earth when they were created, in the day that the LORD God made the earth and the heavens,”

[K] Genesis 3:1, “Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. ...”

[L] Genesis 5:1, “This is the book of the generations of Adam. In the day that God created man, in the likeness of God made he him;”

[M] etc, etc ...
What is your point?

Upvote 0
What is your point?
I am glad you asked. Please stay a little longer, and we shall see.

[2] In/on “the Fourth Day” [Genesis 1;19], we also read that God “set” [Genesis 1:17; Hebrew “נָתַן”, Transliterated “nâthan”, meaning “gave”] them to “give light” [Hebrew “אוֹר”, Transliterated “'ôr”, meaning “shine, give light, illuminate”] upon the Earth.

[3] Those “two great lights” [Sun and Moon] did not exist prior to “the fourth day”, until they were “made” in that day by God, and “set” [given/placed] to give light upon the earth in that day by Him. Therefore, there is none that can say, truly, that they may base the calendation of the 7th Day Sabbath as originating in Genesis from the days being counted from the Moon, as the Moon itself, only came to exist since “the Fourth Day” and not “the First Day”.

Some, will here cite Psalms 104:19, “He appointed [Hebrew “עָשָׂה”; Transliterated “‛âśâh”, same in Genesis 1:16, “God made two great lights”, etc] the moon for seasons: the sun knoweth his going down.”, in conjunction with Genesis 1:16, which is well and good, yet what is not good, is the attempting of some to prove that “the lesser light” [Moon] was not “made” [created] on “the Fourth Day”, but rather was “made” [created] on “the First Day” when God said “Let there be light ...”, and it was then later “appointed” [placed into position] on “the Fourth day” instead. Yet this is not the case according to the Scripture, as follows:

[A] The same Hebrew word “עָשָׂה” - “‛âśâh” is used through Genesis, and in Genesis 1:16 as “made”, means 'created', and in Psalms 104:19 as “appointed”, there too, also means 'made' [for a purpose/use], and speaks about the same timeframe of “the fourth day”, in regards the “two great lights”: “the greater light to rule the day” and “the lesser light to rule the night”; which are in given in chiastic return order [II] “the moon” and “the sun”. In other words, the Psalms 104:19 passage means that 'God made the moon …', but what for?

Psalms 104:19, reveals that God “made/appointed” “the moon” “for seasons”, and references the passage of Genesis 1:16, which is in regards “the Fourth Day”. This passage states nothing about God 'making' the “lesser light” [Moon] on “the First Day”. There is no text in Scripture which teaches that the Moon was made on the First Day. It is contrary to the Structure, Order and Language of Genesis 1, and throughout.

[C] The “lesser light” [Moon] was “appointed/made” for “seasons”, but so too was the “greater light” [Sun], as the text reads of these “lights”, “... let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years.”

[D] The structure of Genesis, reveals that God created/”made” the 'spaces' in the First 3 Days [1-3], and divided them and named them, ending that specific day, then in the Latter 3 Days [4-6], fills the 'spaces' and gives that which fills it their 'purpose', each part, in perfect structure [Chiasm] to the part/Day before it, which means that the Moon could not have been “made” on “the First Day”, as that would break the structure, and language of the text:

The Day One: “... the Heaven and the Earth ...”, “... the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep ...”, “... the waters ...”, “... Let there be light: and there was light ...”, “... divided the light from the darkness ...”, “... called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night ...”, “... the evening and the morning were the first day.” - This is connected by structure and language to The Fourth Day.

The Second Day: “... the firmament ...”, “... divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament ...”, “... called the firmament Heaven ...”, “... the evening and the morning were the second day.” - This is connected by structure and language to The Fifth Day.

The Third Day: “... the waters under the heaven be gathered together unto one place, and let the dry land appear ...”, “... God called the dry land Earth; and the gathering together of the waters called he Seas ...”, “... the earth brought forth grass, and herb yielding seed after his kind, and the tree yielding fruit, whose seed was in itself, after his kind ...”, “... the evening and the morning were the third day.” - This is connected by structure and language to The Sixth Day.

The Fourth Day: “... Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years ...”, “... let them be for lights in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth ...”, “... made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also.”, “... set them in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth,” , “... And to rule over the day and over the night, and to divide the light from the darkness ...”, “... the evening and the morning were the fourth day.” - This is connected by structure and language to The Day One.

The Fifth Day: “... Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that hath life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven.”, “... created great whales, and every living creature that moveth, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind ...”, “... blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth.”, “... the evening and the morning were the fifth day.” - This is connected by structure and language to The Second Day.

The Sixth Day: “... Let the earth bring forth the living creature after his kind, cattle, and creeping thing, and beast of the earth after his kind ...”, “... made the beast of the earth after his kind, and cattle after their kind, and every thing that creepeth upon the earth after his kind ...”, “Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth,”, “... created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.”, “... blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.”, “... Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.”, “... to every beast of the earth, and to every fowl of the air, and to every thing that creepeth upon the earth, wherein there is life, I have given every green herb for meat.”, “... saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day.” - This is connected by structure and language to The Third Day.

It is therefore impossible in several ways, lest the text of Scripture be broken, to have the Moon being “made” in/on “the First Day”, to base a calendation from it.

Upvote 0