Lexington Park
✟5,839.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I believe those seven denominations would be Messianic, Early Gentile, Orthodox, Catholic, Protestant, Methodist and the churches of the great awakening, and Charismatic.
i copied this into my computer and i plan on studying each of these in regard to the 7 churches. I assume for whatever reason you placed them in order respectively to how they are listed in the Bible? Perhaps i can figure it out my self how they are ordered if the above assumption was wrong.

Upvote 0

rockytopva

Love to pray! :)
Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,064,547.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
View attachment 255408

Seven denominatons seal the seven chapters in the book of life, who were populated by the seven groups of ministers, all held in the right hand of Christ Jesus.
Not all the ministers in the right hand of Christ, especially those who think they have the corner on everything, would agree with this. The spirit of Jezebel is to control and to dominate.

Upvote 0

Tone

"Whenever Thou humblest me, Thou makest me great."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
View attachment 255408

Seven denominatons seal the seven chapters in the book of life, who were populated by the seven groups of ministers, all held in the right hand of Christ Jesus.

The Menorah is like the image of the Christian cross, but with 7 candle sticks sprouting out from it...like a once dormant tree, revivified...

254811_e2605e7ea7d44a55b55ec8f9edea64a9.png

Upvote 0

frogoon234

Feb 8, 2019
Lexington Park
✟5,839.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Menorah is like the image of the Christian cross, but with 7 candle sticks sprouting out from it...like a once dormant tree, revivified...

I didn't realize the two witnesses were like candlesticks (one of the many verses in the Bible i've glossed over).

Upvote 0

friend of

A private in Gods army
Site Supporter
Dec 28, 2016
provincial
✟762,013.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I feel the way the book of Revelation describes the 7 churches is really describing denominations and not separate churches (in philosophical sense).

Speaking for myself in my own understanding of these churches, Rev 2-3 isn't speaking about denominations, or even ages, so much as it's speaking about churches on an individual basis. All churches today, regardless of denomination, can fit into one of these 7 descriptors in terms of leadership, curriculum, works of charity, congregation's spiritual health/maturity, demonstrable love, etc.

Upvote 0

frogoon234

Feb 8, 2019
Lexington Park
✟5,839.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Speaking for myself in my own understanding of these churches, Rev 2-3 isn't speaking about denominations, or even ages, so much as it's speaking about churches on an individual basis. All churches today, regardless of denomination, can fit into one of these 7 descriptors in terms of leadership, curriculum, works of charity, congregation's spiritual health/maturity, demonstrable love, etc.
oh ok. So each denomination is different just as each of the 7 churches in Turkey are different? Do I have you correct?

Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟379,929.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
  • Useful
Reactions: Tone
Upvote 0

friend of

A private in Gods army
Site Supporter
Dec 28, 2016
provincial
✟762,013.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
oh ok. So each denomination is different just as each of the 7 churches in Turkey are different? Do I have you correct?

Here's an example of what I mean. I'm saying that 2 different denominations may be seen by Jesus as belonging to Philadelphia in a Spiritual sense. For example, both a Lutheran church and an Anglican church, while another Lutheran church may be managed more like Sardis and another Anglican church managed more like a Smyrna. It all depends on how faithful each church and congregation is being.

Upvote 0

Ttalkkugjil

Social Pastor
Mar 6, 2019
Suwon
✟34,572.00
Country
Korea, Republic Of
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
I believe those seven denominations would be Messianic, Early Gentile, Orthodox, Catholic, Protestant, Methodist and the churches of the great awakening, and Charismatic.

I think that the Protestant = the church in Philadelphia.

Upvote 0

frogoon234

Feb 8, 2019
Lexington Park
✟5,839.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Here's an example of what I mean. I'm saying that 2 different denominations may be seen by Jesus as belonging to Philadelphia in a Spiritual sense. For example, both a Lutheran church and an Anglican church, while another Lutheran church may be managed more like Sardis and another Anglican church managed more like a Smyrna. It all depends on how faithful each church and congregation is being.
oh ok. Thats fair

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Tone

Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
It is interesting that there are seven assemblies and there are seven Moedim (appointed times), wherein the "called out ones" (ecclesia) are to assemble.

Ecclesia - Wikipedia

"The book concludes with the injunction: "Fear God, and keep his commandments; for that is the whole duty of everyone" (12:13)" Ecclesiastes - Wikipedia

"the Greek rendering of the Hebrew Koheleth , which means "Preacher." The old and traditional view of the authorship of this book attributes it to Solomon. This view can be satisfactorily maintained, though others date it from the Captivity. The writer represents himself implicitly as ( Solomon 1:12 ). It has been appropriately styled The Confession of King Solomon. "The writer is a man who has sinned in giving way to selfishness and sensuality, who has paid the penalty of that sin in satiety and weariness of life, but who has through all this been under the discipline of a divine education, and has learned from it the lesson which God meant to teach him." "The writer concludes by pointing out that the secret of a true life is that a man should consecrate the vigour of his youth to God." The key-note of the book is sounded in ch 1:2 ,

"Vanity of vanities! saith the Preacher, Vanity of vanities! all is vanity!"

i.e., all man's efforts to find happiness apart from God are without result."
Ecclesiastes Definition and Meaning - Bible Dictionary

If only the "Church" as a whole would come to this same conclusion...like Solomon before...

THE BOOK OF ECCLESIASTES

Ecclesiastes 1 / Hebrew - English Bible / Mechon-Mamre

Parashat Emor - The Moedim and Cycles of Time

That's church history, in a nutshell.

• Winner
Reactions: visionary
Upvote 0

rockytopva

Love to pray! :)
Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,064,547.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Where is this quote from???

Seven messengers - The seven stars are the angels of the seven churches: - Rev 1:20 - Unto the angel of the church of Ephesus write; These things saith he that holdeth the seven stars in his right hand, who walketh in the midst of the seven golden candlesticks; - Rev 2:1
The seven denominations - the seven candlesticks which thou sawest are the seven churches. - Revelation 1:20
Sealing the Lamb's Book of Life -
1. And I saw in the right hand of him that sat on the throne a book written within and on the backside, sealed with seven seals.
2 And I saw a strong angel proclaiming with a loud voice, Who is worthy to open the book, and to loose the seals thereof?
3 And no man in heaven, nor in earth, neither under the earth, was able to open the book, neither to look thereon.
4 And I wept much, because no man was found worthy to open and to read the book, neither to look thereon. - Revelation 5

If this is not the Lamb's Book of Life why all the ado? Therefore I say ....

Seven denominatons seal the seven chapters in the book of life, who were populated by the seven groups of ministers, all held in the right hand .

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: visionary
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Tone

Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Ecclesiastes is presented as biography of "Kohelet" (or "Qoheleth", meaning"Assembler", but traditionally translated by Christians as "Teacher" or "Preacher").
Ecclesiastes - Wikipedia

"Is there any thing whereof it may be said, See, this is new? it hath been already of old time, which was before us. 11 There is no remembrance of former things; neither shall there be any remembrance of things that are to come with those that shall come after.

12 I the Preacher was king over Israel in Jerusalem. 13 And I gave my heart to seek and search out by wisdom
concerning all things that are done under heaven: this sore travail hath God given to the sons of man to be exercised therewith.

14 I have seen all the works that are done under the sun; and, behold, all is vanity and vexation of spirit.

15 That which is crooked cannot be made straight: and that which is wanting cannot be numbered. 16 I communed with mine own heart, saying, Lo, I am come to great estate, and have gotten more wisdom than all they that have been before me in Jerusalem: yea, my heart had great experience of wisdom and knowledge. 17 And I gave my heart to know wisdom, and to know madness and folly: I perceived that this also is vexation of spirit.

18 For in much wisdom is much grief: and he that increaseth knowledge increaseth sorrow."
THE BOOK OF ECCLESIASTES

"On Appointed Time
1 To every thing there is a season,
and a time to every purpose under the heaven:
2 A time to be born, and a time to die;
a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted;
3 A time to kill, and a time to heal;
a time to break down, and a time to build up;
4 A time to weep, and a time to laugh;
a time to mourn, and a time to dance;
5 A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together;
a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;
6 A time to get, and a time to lose;
a time to keep, and a time to cast away;
7 A time to rend, and a time to sew;
a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;
8 A time to love, and a time to hate;
a time of war, and a time of peace."
THE BOOK OF ECCLESIASTES

So saith the Church...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Monk Brendan

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2016
Phoenix, Arizona
Visit site
✟294,430.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
the 7 denominations of the book of Revelation:

I feel people parse words when they say its wrong to belong to a particular denomination. I feel the way the book of Revelation describes the 7 churches is really describing denominations and not separate churches (in philosophical sense). Some major churches in existence now actually have different sects with in these churches that radically are different from other sects. One might be very Augustinian or Calvinist in their beliefs and another might be Arminian (*spelling). Is it really practical to get upset when some one says they are of a certain denomination as though there is not a biblical concept of denominations?

questions and comments?

Did you know that these 7 churches were flourishing Orthodox churches until 1922, when a population exchange imposed by the League of Nations forced all the Greeks out of Asia Minor?

Upvote 0

Mark Quayle

Monergist; and by reputation, Reformed Calvinist
Site Supporter
May 28, 2018
Pennsylvania
✟790,382.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
the 7 denominations of the book of Revelation:

I feel people parse words when they say its wrong to belong to a particular denomination. I feel the way the book of Revelation describes the 7 churches is really describing denominations and not separate churches (in philosophical sense). Some major churches in existence now actually have different sects with in these churches that radically are different from other sects. One might be very Augustinian or Calvinist in their beliefs and another might be Arminian (*spelling). Is it really practical to get upset when some one says they are of a certain denomination as though there is not a biblical concept of denominations?

questions and comments?
I grew up semi-Calvinist, semi-Arminian, if that makes sense to say; certainly not full monergist. Yet if you had pinned me down, I would have had to say that all that is good within me is of Christ and not of myself. I have since become full monergist because of that and many other things. However, I do not believe that getting the matter right determines correct "use of God", if you can say such a thing. The more Arminian, or at least Wesleyan leaning family members and relatives and brothers in Christ I find are Reformed in their prayer as I am, and I too, I suppose they would say, are like them in admitting, even demanding, that the will of the believer is totally involved in their life's choices.

Upvote 0

frogoon234

Feb 8, 2019
Lexington Park
✟5,839.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Did you know that these 7 churches were flourishing Orthodox churches until 1922, when a population exchange imposed by the League of Nations forced all the Greeks out of Asia Minor?

I was aware that some of them were still existent up to the early 1900s. I actually study Balkan and Turkish history quite a bit. The church of Pergamos i thought died out 100s of years ago. Correct me if i'm wrong.

Upvote 0