Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Several years ago God spoke directly to my spirit, telling me that I/we (His body/church) are to work on His behalf in the earth. Since then, I have been. I've been standing against the enemy and enforcing the Kingdom of God as best I can. It has not always been easy. I've had some remarkable victories. I've also ceded ground a few times.

(I'm learning that it's important to remember the victories, and let the losses fall, casting my care onto Him. We can't dwell on what didn't work. We must keep our eyes on Him... easier said than done, I realize.)

1 John 5:4 (New International Version)

...for everyone born of God overcomes the world. This is the victory that has overcome the world, even our faith.

My faith is often strong enough for me to believe I can speak to the mountain and it will move. So when it doesn't happen immediately, or maybe it doesn't happen at all... I sometimes get discouraged. I don't quit or give up, but discouragement tends to create turmoil in the soul. It just makes everything harder. With Peace, all things are possible... with fear or worry, faith cannot flow. It is like damming up a river.

John 14:27 NIV

Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

As I mentioned, I've been forced to admit defeat a few times. It is probably the hardest thing for me to do. Not only for my own sake, but for His. It means I've not succeeded in obeying Him, or have not truly placed my trust in the power of His Word. I like to win. Jesus placed in me a victorious spirit!

Romans 8:11 NIV

And if the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you, he who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through his Spirit, who lives in you.

After all, I'm a woman of faith! A woman called by God to do impossible things by the power of His Spirit within me! A mighty warrior in the army of the living God! I am strong!

Joel 3:10 NIV

Beat your plowshares into swords and your pruning hooks into spears. Let the weakling say, "I am strong!"

2 Corinthians 12:10 NIV

That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

So when it seems I have lost the battle, it is very, very hard. It is discouraging. Sometimes God gives me peace in knowing why, such as starting to fight too late, in one case. Giving in when it seems the time had come for a decision to be made, and there was no more time left to fight the good fight of faith in the spiritual realm, in other cases.

But the other day I was listening to Andrew Wommack and he said the most amazing thing:

He said he stood in faith, and prayed for FOUR people to be raised from the dead before he saw his first person raised from the dead.

Now, what you find amazing about this may not be the same thing that I find so amazing.

I'm not surprised that he succeeded in raising the dead. That is given to us by our Lord to do in this earth:

Matthew 10:7-8 NIV

As you go, preach this message: 'The kingdom of heaven is near.' Heal the sick, raise the dead, cleanse those who have leprosy, drive out demons. Freely you have received, freely give.

And I admit, I'm not really all that surprised that the first four didn't rise. It takes great faith, and not that many people have it.

What surprises me is that Andrew Wommack didn't give up with that first defeat. Or the second. Or the third. Or, remarkably, the fourth. He kept going.

Think about all that must have gone into those first 4 times, in which he was forced to admit defeat. The faith to pray for the dead to rise... the powerful prayer that must have shaken the earth... the praise of God in heaven for the power given to "mere" men (we aren't that anymore, by the way, for we are now CHILDREN of the Most High)... the others in the room standing with him in faith as they watched and waited, and the dead did not rise... the shame of not being able to give God the glory for a miracle which did not happen... defeat.

2 Chronicles 15:7 NIV

But as for you, be strong and do not give up, for your work will be rewarded."

Galatians 6:9 NIV

Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.

And most of all, amazingly, doing it again. And again. And again. And the 5th time it happens. Finally! The dead person rises! Praise God in heaven and glory to God, thank You, Jesus our Lord, thank You Holy Spirit for the power within us to raise the dead! :)

Romans 8:11 NIV

And if the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you, he who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through his Spirit, who lives in you.

If we can somehow grab hold of faith in God's word, knowing that the Word does the work, that we are the containers of His power, then we can have within us the substance to keep going. We can keep fighting the good fight of faith.

Even if we don't win the first time. Or the second. Or the third.

God is doing amazing things through His earthen vessels on the earth in these days. I am certain that the world will be seeing more and more miracles through us, His kids. The kingdom advances forcefully.

To all who are fighting what seems to be a losing battle today, I ask for God to strengthen you for the fight. I ask for the power of the Holy Spirit to remind you of the Word within you, and to comfort you. We will win, if we do not give up.

Really, if we look at it from the right perspective, the first 4 times weren't losses. If they hadn't happened, progress would not have been made and the miracle of the dead being raised would not have occurred. Miracles are possible... sometimes there is simply a progression of events leading to that great event. The miracle happened: the dead rose!

Don't give up, Saints.

Last edited: