The 4th Commandment had to go, and it did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

1John2:4

Jun 8, 2016
New Braunfels, TX
✟32,608.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
God isn't divided. God changed the covenant at His sovereign option.

Now you preach vanity, too.
You argue against Jesus in this verse is He vain? You are doing exactly what He told us not to do you are teaching against the law and the prophets.

Upvote 0

Jun 8, 2016
New Braunfels, TX
✟32,608.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Yes they infiltrated the AG church I attended for the exclusive purpose of drawing out members to the organization. The upbeat Judaic type worship music styles was their trump card.
Or perhaps they were called out.

Upvote 0

1stcenturylady

Spirit-filled follower of Christ
Site Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Still can'rt find it in my Bible.

This?

2 And on the seventh day God ended His work which He had done, and He rested on the seventh day from all His work which He had done. 3 Then God blessed the seventh day and sanctified it, because in it He rested from all His work which God had created and made.

Buggy, was this the verse you were looking for?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

bugkiller

May 16, 2015
✟80,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Hi listed,
Sir the voice you are contextualizing that 'you must become a Jew to possess salvation; isn't mine. We don't need to be Judaized in order to come to Christ. But that does not change the fact that we are either in Christ or we are not in Christ and, if we are in Christ, then we belong to Jesus. And if we belong to Jesus, the Vine, that Abba God, the Vinedresser, has grown since the beginning to its full promise we are one whether a natural branch or grafted in. The Abrahamic promise is that we, sons and daughters of Abraham, are blessed to be a blessing (via the Holy Spirit in us). The genesis of that good news was first made to Abraham. We then, Gentiles believers, are part of that original blessing as the Gospel goes to all ethne'; for yes we are one and the same tree which God has nurtured since the beginning. Causes are important and the Lord stating His "because" is integral to understanding the John 3:16 picture of God and His not withholding His only Son as His atoning sacrifice for us.

• Genesis 22:16 "By Myself I have sworn, says the LORD, because you have done this thing, and have not withheld your son, your only son— blessing I will bless you, and multiplying I will multiply your descendants as the stars of the heaven and as the sand which is on the seashore; and your descendants shall possess the gate of their enemies. In your seed all the nations of the earth shall be blessed, because you have obeyed My voice."
  • Genesis 15:5 Then He brought him outside and said, "Look now toward heaven, and count the stars if you are able to number them." And He said to him, "So shall your descendants be."
  • Matthew 8:11 "And I (Jesus) say to you that many will come from east and west, and sit down with Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob in the kingdom of heaven.
If we are Christian then one of those stars was lit for us; for the nations of the earth have been blessed through Abraham because we are his spiritual progeny by faith.

Of course the fold is Israel. A critical rule of hermeneutics is to first know what audience one is directly speaking to. John 10 continues from John 9 and in John 9:40 we see there that Jesus was speaking to Pharisees with His disciples present so it follows that in John 10:16 Jesus is speaking to a completely Jewish audience in Jerusalem, namely the apostles and Israelites listening to His parable. Every Bible commentator I know states the same
John 10:6 Commentaries: This figure of speech Jesus spoke to them, but they did not understand what those things were which He had been saying to them.

You are confusing prophecy with promise.

Gen 3:15 And I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your seed and her Seed; He shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise His heel.”

• So right after the fall where the serpent deceived Eve and Adam followed into direct disobedience and sinfulness God prophesied there would be a sign. Initially it could only be seen as through a dim glass yet nevertheless it held promise for fallen humanity. It was the first inference to the coming of Christ for God promised that a seed (singular) would come from a woman (later prophesied to be a virgin girl) and that seed (understood to be the Christ) would have His heal bruised but that He would crush the head (the power) of the serpent (the devil). We all know Jesus was crucified but many others were crucified by Romans as well below and so we do have evidence of how this was done - a nail was driven through the heel-bone of a crucified victim as shown below.
  • crucifixion heel - Google Search:
Ok the text is code for something else. I guess you have the key.

bugkiller

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

bugkiller

May 16, 2015
✟80,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom
This?

2 And on the seventh day God ended His work which He had done, and He rested on the seventh day from all His work which He had done. 3 Then God blessed the seventh day and sanctified it, because in it He rested from all His work which God had created and made.

Buggy, was this the verse you were looking for?
It is the verse I had in mind. Yes I know about it. Now whare is the word sabbath? Moses uses this for a reason the sabbath was given with the word "wherefore" in Ex 20.

bugkiller

Reactions: listed
Upvote 0

1stcenturylady

Spirit-filled follower of Christ
Site Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
It is the verse I had in mind. Yes I know about it. Now whare is the word sabbath? Moses uses this for a reason the sabbath was given with the word "wherefore" in Ex 20.

bugkiller

Sabbath is the same as "rest." Its in Genesis 2

Upvote 0

Jun 8, 2016
New Braunfels, TX
✟32,608.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Sabbath is the same as "rest." Its in Genesis 2

Yes Same Shabbat in the beginning - same Shabbat He gave at mount Siani same Shabbat today.
  • Exodus 20:11 For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested the seventh day. Therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and hallowed it.

Upvote 0

Jun 8, 2016
New Braunfels, TX
✟32,608.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
I'll have to go with God being the roots, thus Jesus. In John 15 Jesus says He is the vine, and we are the branches. The way I look at Romans 11 is an interpretation of Daniel 9, the 70 weeks prophecy concerning national Israel. First, all the wild branches are grafted in that are ever going to be, and then the last 7 years are for national Israel to become part of Christ's Church, His Bride.
Yay found your post :) I agree with you Paul says "until the fullness of the Gentiles comes in". Another prophecy, I'm sure you are already aware. Isaiah 42 that speaks of salvation for the gentiles. And of course you know John 10:16, Jer 16:19 Amos 9.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

listed

are you?
May 14, 2011
✟53,797.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Hi listed,
Sir the voice you are contextualizing that 'you must become a Jew to possess salvation; isn't mine. We don't need to be Judaized in order to come to Christ. But that does not change the fact that we are either in Christ or we are not in Christ and, if we are in Christ, then we belong to Jesus. And if we belong to Jesus, the Vine, that Abba God, the Vinedresser, has grown since the beginning to its full promise we are one whether a natural branch or grafted in. The Abrahamic promise is that we, sons and daughters of Abraham, are blessed to be a blessing (via the Holy Spirit in us). The genesis of that good news was first made to Abraham. We then, Gentiles believers, are part of that original blessing as the Gospel goes to all ethne'; for yes we are one and the same tree which God has nurtured since the beginning. Causes are important and the Lord stating His "because" is integral to understanding the John 3:16 picture of God and His not withholding His only Son as His atoning sacrifice for us.
First an apology for getting you confused with another. I think I agree so far except with the contextualizing bit.
  • Genesis 22:16 "By Myself I have sworn, says the LORD, because you have done this thing, and have not withheld your son, your only son— blessing I will bless you, and multiplying I will multiply your descendants as the stars of the heaven and as the sand which is on the seashore; and your descendants shall possess the gate of their enemies. In your seed all the nations of the earth shall be blessed, because you have obeyed My voice."
  • Genesis 15:5 Then He brought him outside and said, "Look now toward heaven, and count the stars if you are able to number them." And He said to him, "So shall your descendants be."
  • Matthew 8:11 "And I (Jesus) say to you that many will come from east and west, and sit down with Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob in the kingdom of heaven.
If we are Christian then one of those stars was lit for us; for the nations of the earth have been blessed through Abraham because we are his spiritual progeny by faith.
I can agree.
Of course the fold is Israel. A critical rule of hermeneutics is to first know what audience one is directly speaking to. John 10 continues from John 9 and in John 9:40 we see there that Jesus was speaking to Pharisees with His disciples present so it follows that in John 10:16 Jesus is speaking to a completely Jewish audience in Jerusalem, namely the apostles and Israelites listening to His parable. Every Bible commentator I know states the same
John 10:6 Commentaries: This figure of speech Jesus spoke to them, but they did not understand what those things were which He had been saying to them.
I'm sorry but Jesus says: 16 And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.
I see 2 different folds here Jesus doesn't say: I will bring other sheep ito this fold.

Romans 11 doesn't indicate as some say the Christian becomes part of Israel.

Ephesians 2 doesn't say Christians become part of the commonwealth of Israel.

I do understand you say the Christian becomes and is counted as seeds of Abraham. I agree with this. That said it doesn't follow that Christians are children of Israel. Abraham had many unnamed children.
You are confusing prophecy with promise.

Gen 3:15 And I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your seed and her Seed; He shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise His heel.”

• So right after the fall where the serpent deceived Eve and Adam followed into direct disobedience and sinfulness God prophesied there would be a sign. Initially it could only be seen as through a dim glass yet nevertheless it held promise for fallen humanity. It was the first inference to the coming of Christ for God promised that a seed (singular) would come from a woman (later prophesied to be a virgin girl) and that seed (understood to be the Christ) would have His heal bruised but that He would crush the head (the power) of the serpent (the devil). We all know Jesus was crucified but many others were crucified by Romans as well below and so we do have evidence of how this was done - a nail was driven through the heel-bone of a crucified victim as shown below.
  • crucifixion heel - Google Search:
No because Gen 3:15 falls into both categories - promise and prophecy.

Reactions: bugkiller
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

listed

are you?
May 14, 2011
✟53,797.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
You argue against Jesus in this verse is He vain? You are doing exactly what He told us not to do you are teaching against the law and the prophets.
It's not that I agree of disagree with your verse. It's that it just doesn't matter when the bottom line is considered.

Then it appears you say I'm teaching against the law meaning by implication I teach sin or the right to sin. This is error. When it comes to sin I ask you if being in compliance with John 13:34 allows a person to be in violation of the law? I also ask you, how being in compliance with it can possibly support the idea one is sinning (violating the law)? I believe being in compliance with the verse isn't following the law.

Upvote 0

Bob S

Site Supporter
Dec 5, 2015
Union County, TN
✟661,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I will ask the same question on this thread as other threads, where in scripture do you find where observing the Sabbath or any rituals of the old covenant are salvational either to old Israel or Christians?

If you like me cannot find anyplace that tells us we will loose our eternal reward for not observing Sabbath why do some denominations spend millions of dollars trying to get converts to join something that God does not require?

Upvote 0

Jun 8, 2016
New Braunfels, TX
✟32,608.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
It's not that I agree of disagree with your verse. It's that it just doesn't matter when the bottom line is considered.

Then it appears you say I'm teaching against the law meaning by implication I teach sin or the right to sin. This is error. When it comes to sin I ask you if being in compliance with John 13:34 allows a person to be in violation of the law? I also ask you, how being in compliance with it can possibly support the idea one is sinning (violating the law)? I believe being in compliance with the verse isn't following the law.
Sin is lawlessness by Biblical Definition. So exactly what are you teaching? And exactly how does John 13:34 allow a license for lawlessness?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.