✟17,598.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
No need for the third temple for the Antichrist is known since 538AD:

312AD – Emperor Constantine issue the Edict of Milan to treat Christians with benevolence and start courting Christians: Miltiades, Bishop of Rome, received a “gift” from Constantine - The palace of Empress Fausta - where the Lateran Palace, the future papal seat and residence of the papal administration would be built… The great apostasy of II Tess. 2 starts - many compromise their faith for power and prestige.

380AD – Emperor Theodosius I (a politician) issue the Edict of Thessalonica, declaring Christianity the religion of the Roman Empire and the clay (the believers, Isaiah 64:8) mixes with the Iron (Rome) – Fulfilling the prophecy in Daniel 2:33.

476AD – Western Roman Empire falls – 10 kingdoms raise from that fall – the 10 fingers of clay and Iron in the prophecy of Daniel chapter 2 and the 10 horns in the prophecy of Daniel 7:24, Revelation 13 and 17. The only leadership position left standing from the former empire is the Bishop of Rome, the little horn.

533AD – Justinian (a politician), 500 years after Christ, declares the primacy of the Bishop of Rome – The little horn of Daniel 7:8 gains power.

538AD – After delivering the city of Rome from the Ostrogoth, Justinian decree is enforced in Rome – Antichrist (Papacy) is set in power at Rome. Prophecy in 2 Tess. 2:4 fulfilled. The Ostrogoth were the last one of the three horns (the other two where the Herulli and the Vandals) that the little horn would destroy in its rising according to the prophecy in Daniel 7:8.

1590AD – Pope become the False Prophet of Revelation 13 when they create a false interpretation of Daniel 9:27 (antichrist in a 7 year tribulation in the future) to hide the fact, preached by Protestants, that the history of the papacy fulfills everything that is told in the bible about the antichrist up to that point and therefore the papacy is the Antichrist foretold by Daniel, Paul and John.

1798AD – Napoleon troops arrests the Pope and seize his properties, inflicting the mortal wound to the first Beast (Europe dominated by the Pope) of Rev. chapter 13. The 1st beast of revelation 13 reigns exactly 1260 years (42 prophetic months, 1260 prophetic days, from 538 up to 1798) as the prophecy states in Rev. 13:5.

1929AD – The mortal wound is healed and the Vatican becomes once again a country in which the king is the pope – the beast is healed but this time clothes itself like the Lamb Jesus (piety and humble) but continues to speak like the devil (false/against Christ doctrines). The new beast have two horns (leaders): The white pope and the black Pope – The general Jesuit.

1957AD – With the TREATY OF ROME, the False Prophet of Revelation 13 (the Pope) starts creating the image of the previous beast – The European Union - as foretold in Revelation 13.

Present – Under the unified leadership of the Popery, three powers - the economic powers of Europe (Dragon), the political powers of the United Europe (Beast) and the pope himself (False Prophet) - work to gather the world (Globalization) against God for Armageddon – the Final fight against God is on the works, fulfilling Revelation 16:13.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
No need for the third temple for the Antichrist is known since 538AD:
Present – Under the unified leadership of the Popery, three powers - the economic powers of Europe (Dragon), the political powers of the United Europe (Beast) and the pope himself (False Prophet) - work to gather the world (Globalization) against God for Armageddon – the Final fight against God is on the works, fulfilling Revelation 16:13.
Oh my.
Just because they wear purple and white linen?

Those are the the same as the Jewish Priests and Rulers wore in the OT and 1st century, and is perhaps why Luther and some of the early Reformers viewed the Roman Papacy in Revelation.

For the Last Time, Roman Catholics Aren't the Pharisees!
For the love of all that is holy people, drop the bigotry and villianizations!............
........Seriously, I find that whole line of argument highly offense.
Have you and/or others ever read this "Covenantle" parable?

Lazarus and the Rich Man - Here a little, there a little - Commentary

Afterward, speaking primarily to his disciples but with the Pharisees (and probably the crowd) still listening in, Yeshua related the parable of the unjust steward (Luke 16:1-13).
The Pharisees, who were "lovers of money" (Luke 16:14), realized that the Messiah was alluding to them with this parable and took offense. They scoffed at Yeshua. The final part of his response to the derision of the Pharisees and scribes was the parable of Lazarus and the rich man.

We'll now examine this parable in detail to grasp exactly what the Messiah was teaching about the kingdom of God:

Luk 16:19
“There was a certain rich man who was clothed in purple and fine linen
and fared sumptuously every day.

"The wearing of purple was associated particularly with royalty . . ." (p. 863, "Purple"). In addition, the New Bible Dictionary tells us: "The use of linen in OT times was prescribed for priests (Ex. 28:39).
The coat, turban and girdle must be of fine linen." (p. 702, "Linen").

==================================
There does appear to be a similarity.......[I couldn't find a picture of a 1st century Jewish Priest, Pharisee, Sadducee, Scribe that were dressed in purple and white.....I believe those are what is representing the Rich Man and their City in Revelation.......OC Jerusalem.........]

catholic pope wearing purple.jpg

=============================================
Purple and fine line are only mentioned together in 3 verses of the entire NT

G (NKJV)
"purple" AND "fine" AND "linen" occurs 103 times in 34 verses

Rev 18:
7 “In the measure that she glorified herself and lived luxuriously, in the same measure give her torment and sorrow; for she says in her heart,
‘I sit as queen, and am no widow, and will not see sorrow.'

12“merchandise of gold and silver, precious stones and pearls, fine linen and purple, silk and scarlet, every kind of citron wood, every kind of object of ivory, every kind of object of most precious wood, bronze, iron, and marble;

16 “and saying, ‘Alas, alas, that Creat City that was clothed in fine linen, purple, and scarlet, and adorned with gold and precious stones and pearls!
===================================
This commentator actually implies the Rich Man is "JUDAH" , the Jews....

Lazarus and the Rich Man - Here a little, there a little - Commentary

The Jews pictured by the rich man in this parable are in their present state because of their unbelief, which ultimately manifested itself in the rejection of the Messiah, Yeshua. Unfortunately, this parable shows that the punishment and testing they would undergo would not immediately lead them to Yeshua. Instead of calling on the Messiah, the rich man calls on his ancestor Abraham to help ease his suffering.

While the significance of this seemingly pointless detail has been neglected by scholars throughout the centuries, you can be certain that it did not escape the notice of the Pharisees and scribes to which Yeshua was speaking. They thoroughly knew their history and were extremely proud of their heritage. Yeshua wanted those self-righteous Pharisees to know exactly who he was referring to with this parable. This detail cements the identity of the rich man as the House of Judah, the Jews!

Last edited:
Reactions: joyshirley
Upvote 0

RACarvalho

Jun 15, 2017
Columbus
✟17,598.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Oh my.
Just because they wear purple and white linen?

Noup, because we have almost 1500 years of fulfilled prophecy (what I put above are just the highlights) where the papacy fulfills everything assigned in bible prophecy to antichrist, including his 1260 years of ruling and stepping over the believers, killing the two witnesses, etc...
I'm sorry but this is a fact in history, they DID was was written, everything so far, not only one or other prophecy.
Jews was never part of the Roman Beast government system like the 8th "king" (dynasty) of Revelation 17 is said to belong to....
Again, there are way more than the above and nobody can invent this, it is just prophecy fulfilled....
The very own fact that the papacy is working hard together with two other powers to gather the entire world in a globalization in which everything that is needed to put it in place is against God is showing to us they continue to fulfill the prophecy ....

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Noup, because we have almost 1500 years of fulfilled prophecy (what I put above are just the highlights) where the papacy fulfills everything assigned in bible prophecy to antichrist, including his 1260 years of ruling and stepping over the believers, killing the two witnesses, etc...
I'm sorry but this is a fact in history, they DID was was written, everything so far, not only one or other prophecy.
Jews was never part of the Roman Beast government system like the 8th "king" (dynasty) of Revelation 17 is said to belong to....
Again, there are way more than the above and nobody can invent this, it is just prophecy fulfilled....
There used to be so many "Pope/Papacy is anti-Christ threads", one couldn't log on to CF w/o running into one.

This one started by an SDA was, ummm, rather entertaining.
I sure miss a lot of these old timers........

google search
https://www.google.com/search?q=pop...T6wKHYqmCb0QrQIoBDACegQIBxAM&biw=1366&bih=626

Martin Luther identifies the Antichrist over 500 years ago!
The Pope is the antiChrist? How original.
^_^
LittleLambofJesus said:
No worries mate. Bush is in the lead for it now. :)
Tonks said:
I've always wondered why the SDAs were so obsessed with Catholicism. Of all the groups out there they are - by far - the ones that I find less concerned with actual preaching (unless it involves Sabbath worship) and more concerned about yelling about the Catholic Church.

The Pope as Anti-Christ is the confessional belief of several protestant denominations. In the past several hundred years or so, however, they've sort of gotten beyond that sticking point and have preached Christ as the physician of men...and have gotten on with the business of savlation.

I don't yet detect any sort of theological or doctrinal maturing out of the Adventist groups yet. Pretty sad, really.

When a group defines themselves more by what they are not instead of what they are I generally find it to be good advice that one should run, not walk, in the opposite direction.
CaDan said:
If the Pope is the Antichrist (and has been for a couple of centuries), doesn't that play havoc with Millerite eschatological timetables?
Tonks said:
Don't get me started...
Tonks said:
Your Eastern Rites may disagree with you on that point.

Constantine was venerated as a Saint when the Church was united. It's a mystery to my why Rome chooses not to venerate a Saint that was held in common during the early times.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

RACarvalho

Jun 15, 2017
Columbus
✟17,598.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I really don't care who believes in what in terms of prophecy.
I'm interested in what the Bible says and why and Historicism interpretation can't be beaten when ones consider Historical records, meaning and purpose.
It is really sad that people use Historicism to interpret Nabucodonossor statue dream and refuse to use it when it comes to Revelation and the prophecies about antichrist.
It is a historical fact that Protestants from 16th to early 20th century preached Historicism and that Preterism and Futurism where used by the Jesuits as a tool of counter reformation - to try to kill Protestant witnessing that the pope is the antichrist....
Imagine this:
The Jews where slaved in Egypt and had the prophecy that said it would last 400 years, they where also in Babylon and they had the prophecy that it would last 70 years, and so on....
Now, how it comes that the Church, for which Jesus poured His blood, have no prophecy talking about the pagan Romans hammering down the Church or the 1260 years that the popery killed the believers just because they wanted to read the bible themselves?????

If we have a much Higher Priest (Jesus) than the Israelites had, we should expect a much Higher comfort from the prophetic Word than they had too and this is what we have in Revelation - History written beforehand.
But the prophecy also states that Laodicea is blind....

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I really don't care who believes in what in terms of prophecy.
I'm interested in what the Bible says and why and Historicism interpretation can't be beaten when ones consider Historical records, meaning and purpose.
It is really sad that people use Historicism to interpret Nabucodonossor statue dream and refuse to use it when it comes to Revelation and the prophecies about antichrist.
It is a historical fact that Protestants from 16th to early 20th century preached Historicism and that Preterism and Futurism where used by the Jesuits as a tool of counter reformation - to try to kill Protestant witnessing that the pope is the antichrist....

But the prophecy also states that Laodicea is blind....
I care...........

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Mat 24:37 But as the days of Noe were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
Mat 24:38 For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark,
Mat 24:39 And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
Mat 24:40 Then shall two be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left.

What happens to those who are "taken" in the scripture above?

In the parable of the wheat and tares from Matthew chapter 13, it is the tares who are taken first and burned in the fire, while the wheat is left behind to be gathered into the barn.

Tim LaHaye did not even get the title right.

Left Behind or Led Astray?
Good Fight Ministries
Left Behind or Led Astray? | Examining the Origins of the Secret Pre-Tribulation Rapture

Rapture Index - Latest activity indicators of when the Rapture might occur.

Rapture Index: 178

Isa 22:1
Here is a message about the Valley of Vision:
What is the reason that all of you go up to the rooftops?
Eze 33:27
“Say thus to them, ‘Thus says the Lord GOD: “As I live,
surely those who are in the ruins shall fall by the sword,
and the one who is in the open field I will give to the beasts to be devoured,
and those who are in the strongholds and caves shall die of the pestilence.

Mat 24:17
“Let him who is on the housetop not go down to take anything out of his house.
Mat 24:40
“Then two men will be in the field: one will be taken and the other left.

Luk 17:31
“In that day, he who is on the housetop, and his goods are in the house,
let him not come down to take them away.
And likewise the one who is in the field, let him not turn back.
Luk 17:36
“Two men will be in the field: the one will be taken and the other left.”[fn]

302218_491ef000dc991ee2e1020d0eabbf87e7.jpg

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I think an important point in this discussion is the proper interpretation of the Book of Revelation. What does it teach, who are the major actors, is the book future prophecy or past fulfilled prophecy or both?
How you answer those questions will have a major influence where you stand on this subject. Is Israel and their land the major focal point or is it the Church in the furnace of the Tribulation or does it recount Rome in 70AD?
I just saw this post.
You are asking about the Book of Revelation, fulfilled vs not fulfilled. And then you mention Israel vs the NC tribulation Church.
I would say Revelation is the OC Priesthood[Moses/Law/Flesh/Death] vs
the NC Priesthood[Jesus/Melchizedek/Spirit/Faith/Abraham.

Hebrews 7
For this the Malkiy-Tsedeq, King of Salem, Priest of the GOD of the most-high, the together-joining Abraham turning-back from the smiting of the kings and did bless him. [Genesis 14:18]
For being changed/translated<3346> the Priesthood, out of necessity also, of Law a change/translation<3331> is becoming,

Revelation 1:6
And makes us kings and priests
to the God and Father Him. To Him the glory and the might into the ages of the ages. Amen.
Revelation 5:10
And Thou make them kings and priests to our God and we shall be reigning on the land.

Revelation 20:6

Happy/Blessed the one having part in the first resurrection/standing-up<386> upon these the second death not is having authority,
but they shall be being priests of the God and of the Christ and shall be reigning with Him the thousand years.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
The Dome of the Rock will be burned and flattened by the forthcoming Day of the Lord's wrath.
The secular State of Israel will be no more, it is we Christians who will build the new Temple. Zechariah 6:15
One thing it will become is a great tourist site.....

Why Haven’t Jews Rebuilt the Temple Yet?

Who Must Build?

When discussing the question of rebuilding the Temple, it is important to keep in mind that, in general, this mitzvah is not an individual obligation, like the mitzvot of tefillin or Shabbat. Rather, it is a communal obligation.1

The obligation to rebuild the Temple may apply only when the majority of the Jewish nation resides in Israel, which currently is not the case.2 In addition, it may apply only when there is a Jewish king or prophet.3

How to Build?
Even if we’re not obligated, should we build the Temple anyway, restoring G‑d’s home one earth?

Truthfully, we don’t even know how to construct it. The dimensions of the Third Temple are somewhat described in the book of Ezekiel, but the interpretation of many verses is subject to debate. In fact, when it came time to build the Second Temple, the Jews built it according to the dimensions of the First Temple, and included only certain aspects that are explicitly stated in Ezekiel.4 It is only the third and final Temple that will be built entirely according to the prophecy of Ezekiel.5

Perhaps the most challenging aspect of all is the placement of the altar, which must be in a very specific location, as the verse states, “This is the altar for the burnt offerings of Israel.”6 According to tradition, the altar is to be placed on the exact spot from which the earth to create Adam was taken and where he later offered sacrifices to G‑d, and where Abraham built the altar to sacrifice Isaac.7 The altar’s location is so essential that when they built the Second Temple, they needed three prophets to vouch for the location they had planned.8 Accordingly, we’d need at least one prophet to help us in our construction project,9 and prophets seem to be in short supply nowadays.

Who Can Go There?
Assuming that somehow we did get the exact dimensions figured out, there is still one big issue: It is forbidden to enter the Temple area in a state of ritual impurity.10 The only way to become ritually pure is with the ashes of a red heifer, which presents its own set of challenges.11

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
So they are planning an addition to Roman Fort Antonia...
Mat 24:1 And Jesus went out, and departed from the temple: and his disciples came to him for to shew him the buildings of the temple.

Mat 24:2 And Jesus said unto them, See ye not all these things? verily I say unto you, There shall not be left here one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down.

See the link below which shows who really built the area now known as "The Temple Mount".

The Temple Mount and Fort Antonia

The Jews of today are much like the Jews that Jesus spoke to.
Note John 2:20 :)

Coincidentally, this word is used 46 times in the NT........

Genesis 1:1 (YLT)
G3485 ναός (naos), occurs 46 times in 40 verses

John 2:
20The Jews, therefore, said, 'Forty and six years was this sanctuary building, and wilt thou in three days raise it up?'
21 but he spake concerning the sanctuary of his body
22 when, then, he was raised out of the dead, his disciples remembered that he said this to them, and they believed the Writing, and the word that Jesus said.

Matthew 24, Mark 13 and Luke's Temple/Jerusalem Discourses harmonized- Poll Thread
All 3 mention the 70ad Temple, stones, stone upon stone- thrown down.......

Only Matthew and Mark mention "buildings" #3619

[These 3 verses in Matt and Mark are the only places in the Gospels plural "buildings" is used.]

Matthew 24:1
And Jesus coming out, departed from the Temple.
And His Disciples approached Him to show to Him the buildings of the Temple.

Mark 13:1
And He going forth out of the Temple,
one of His Disciples is saying to Him “Teacher! behold! what manner of stones and what manner of buildings
Luke 21:5
and of some saying concerning the Temple,
that to goodly stones and votive-offerings<334> it has been adorned<2885>

===================================

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

keras

Writer of studies on Bible prophecy
Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,157.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
One thing it will become is a great tourist site.....

Why Haven’t Jews Rebuilt the Temple Yet?
Why haven't people like you read the prophesies that tell us how Judah will be removed from the holy Land, Jeremiah 12:14, Zephaniah 1:14-18, +, and it will be all of the Lord's faithful Christian people who will occupy all of the area given to Abraham and his descendants. Galatians 3:26-29, Romans 9:6-8

When these facts are understood, then end times prophecy becomes clear.
The indisputable proof of who is living in the holy Land during the final seven years, is Daniel 7:23 and Revelation 13:7. God's holy people are there and they are far more than the few Messianic Jews plus some late Christian converts. They are a vast multitude of people from every tribe, race nation and language. Revelation 7:9, Isaiah 66:18b-21

Upvote 0

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,157.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married

Per Revelation 21:22, there's NO temple building made with hands in God's New Jerusalem. God incarnate, Jesus Christ, the Lamb of God, is our Temple made without hands.

You deny plain scripture. See my post #24, in 'The Truth about our Future'.
Revelation 21-23 is about Eternity, after the Millennium.

Upvote 0

Adamina

Praise Jesus
Site Supporter
Feb 29, 2020
U S A
✟16,550.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Rev 11:1 And there was given me a reed like unto a rod: and the angel stood, saying, Rise, and measure the temple of God, and the altar, and them that worship therein.
2 But the COURT which is without the temple leave out, and measure it not; for it is given unto the Gentiles:

The dome of the rock is exactly located at the COURT and will not be removed due to the threats from Arab world so the 3rd Temple shall be built side by side as the symbol of fake peace by antichrist.
Isnt it amazing that Apostle John has seen it 2000 years ago ?

And i suspect Jerusalem shall be made an int'l city so the antichrist can rule the world from it.
Rev 11:2 ..and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty and two months.

The nations will rage against Trump's recognition on Jerusalem as the capital of Israel, what will happen that Jerusalem shall be owned by gentile nations ? Will Israel then give it up after a defeat in war ???

2 Thes 2:4 He will ppose and will exalt himself over everything that is called God or is worshiped, so that he sets himself up in God's temple, proclaiming himself to be God.
Very interesting pictures. Will it be set up like the original Solomon's Temple?
A few pics I found:

NRC1RMycmijxrQiU4xPqnD1o.jpeg

311034_7a8d03731e7f854c2cfbf6a45021c3bd.gif

Luke 21:20 closely resembles Revelation 11:2. Whether is it is referring to the same 1st century pre 70ad temple and sanctuary or a future one is anyone's guess.

Luke 21:20 “But when you see Jerusalem surrounded by armies, then know that its desolation has come near.
24 “And they will fall by the edge of the sword, and be led away captive into all nations. [Revelation 13:10] And Jerusalem will be trampled by Gentiles until the times of the Gentiles are fulfilled.” [Revelation 11:2]

Revelation 11:
1 And was given to me a reed like-as rod saying "rouse! and measure! the Sanctuary<3485> of the God and the Altar[Golden Altar] and those worshiping in it
2 and the Court/fold<833>[Lavar/Altar of Sacrifice] outside of the Sanctuary, be casting-out! out-side and no it thou should be measuring, that it was given to the Gentiles/Nations.
And the holy City they shall be trampling forty two months.
=======================
exclude
ἔκβαλε (ekbale)
Verb - Aorist Imperative Active - 2nd Person Singular
Strong's Greek 1544: To throw (cast, put) out; I banish; I bring forth, produce. From ek and ballo; to eject.

Pulpit Commentary
Verse 2. - But the court which is without the temple leave out, and measure it not; for it is given unto the Gentiles; it hath been given (Revised Version). Not merely "leave out," but "cast out." The "court which is without the temple" was entered only by Jews. It seems, therefore, here to signify part of the Church, but that part which is separated from the inner circle of true believers, and given over to the world, which is here symbolized by "the Gentiles." The Gentiles, the nations, throughout the Apocalypse, signifies either

(1) all mankind whatsoever; or

(2) that portion of mankind which is left when the true Church of God is withdrawn, and therefore which embraces the unrighteous part of mankind in contrast to the godly (cf. Revelation 2:26; Revelation 14:8; Revelation 16:19; Revelation 18:23; 22:22). The latter is the signification here.
=======================

The Western Wall Table of Contents
History & Overivew of the Western Wall

The holiest place in Judaism is the Temple Mount where the Second Temple stood until it was destroyed by the Romans in 70 C.E.
Mistakenly, the Western Wall is generally thought to be the holiest site, but prayers at this location are a relatively recent phenomenon, which were prompted, ironically, by a Muslim conqueror.

History
When the Romans razed the Temple, they left one outer wall standing. They probably would have destroyed that wall as well, but it must have seemed too insignificant to them since it was not part of the Temple itself, just a retaining wall surrounding the Temple Mount.
It held no special significance, according to F.M. Loewenberg, until the 16th century when Sultan Suleyman I (the Magnificent) ended nearly 300 years of Mamluk rule and established the Ottoman Empire.
Suleyman restored Jerusalem’s city walls in 1536 and encouraged Jews who had been expelled from Spain and Portugal to settle in the city.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,157.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
The time of fulfilment:
Tobit, an Israelite living in Nineveh from the tribe of Naphtali, writing circa 550BC – after both the ten Northern tribes of Israel and Judah were taken into exile.

Tobit 14:4 God’s Word will come true, everything spoken against Nineveh by Nahum the prophet has happened. All of His Word spoken by the prophets of Israel will happen in their due time. Not a Word will fall short. I know, I am convinced that every prophecy will be fulfilled. Our countrymen [all the Israelites] are scattered and in exile out of their good Land. The whole of the Israel territory will be laid waste and for a time the House of God will be in mourning, burnt and destroyed.

Tobit 14:5 Our God will have mercy on them [Judah] again and bring them back to the Land of Israel. They will rebuild the House of God, yet not as it was at first, not until the time of fulfilment comes. Then ALL the Israelites will return from exile and rebuild Jerusalem in splendor, then indeed, the Temple will be built there, as the prophets have foretold.

The Jewish remnant under Nehemiah, built the Second Temple, but not as great as Solomon’s Temple. When the ‘time of fulfilment comes’, then ‘all the Israelites’, that is: every faithful Christian, will build the Third temple in splendor.’ Zechariah 1:16-17
This must happen before the return of Jesus, as 2 Thessalonians 2:3-4 Let no one deceive you, that Day cannot come until the Adversary enthrones himself in God’s Temple. Daniel 9:27

Tobit 14:6-7 At the time of the end, people will renounce their idols, which led them astray, into error. In true worship of God, they will praise him in righteousness. All the Israelites who survive at that time and are firm in their loyalty to Y’hovah, will be brought together, they will come to Jerusalem to take possession of the Land of Abraham and they will live there, in peace and security, forever. Those who love God in sincerity will rejoice and sinners and wrongdoers will fade away.

’People will renounce their idols”- The dramatic event that will cause this change, will be the Lord’s Day of vengeance and wrath, the next prophesied event to take place on earth. It will be a terrible fire judgement, in the form of coronal mass ejection. Isaiah 30:26

Israelites who survive, will be brought together, to take possession of the Land.’’ This is the Second Exodus, the Lord’s Christian people will gather and live in all that area promised to Abraham. They will build a great Temple and will rebuild and develop all of the new country of Beulah, in wealth and prosperity. Ezekiel 39:25-29, Zechariah 8:12

Haggai 2:6-9 The Lord says: In a little while, I shall shake the heavens and the earth, I shall shake all the nations and their treasure will come here. Mine is the silver and the gold and the splendor of the latter House will surpass that of the former. In this land, I will grant prosperity and peace. Amos 9:13-15

Zechariah 8:9 Take heart, all you who now hear that the temple will be rebuilt as the prophets foretold. Zechariah 6:15

Tobit 14:8-9 My children, I give you this instruction: serve the Lord in truth and do what is pleasing to Him. Teach your children to do what is right and give alms. Be mindful of your God and praise Him in sincerity.
Ref: REB and Apocrypha. Some verses abridged.

Upvote 0

Adamina

Praise Jesus
Site Supporter
Feb 29, 2020
U S A
✟16,550.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Per Revelation 21:22, there's NO temple building made with hands in God's New Jerusalem. God incarnate, Jesus Christ, the Lamb of God, is our Temple made without hands.
Well said...Daniel, Mark and his bro Paul also agrees with that:

NKJV)
Daniel 2:
34 “You watched while a stone was cut out without hands, which struck the image on its feet of iron and clay, and broke them in pieces.
45 “Inasmuch as you saw that the stone was cut out of the mountain without hands, and that it broke in pieces the iron, the bronze, the clay, the silver, and the gold—the great God has made known to the king what will come to pass after this. The dream is certain, and its interpretation is sure.”
=================================
Mar 14:58
“We heard Him say, ‘I will destroy this temple made with hands, and within three days I will build another made without hands.' ”
Col 2:11
In Him you were also circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, by putting off the body of the sins[fn] of the flesh, by the circumcision of Christ,

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Berean Tim

Mar 19, 2017
Houston TX
✟146,731.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Rev 11:1 And there was given me a reed like unto a rod: and the angel stood, saying, Rise, and measure the temple of God, and the altar, and them that worship therein.
2 But the COURT which is without the temple leave out, and measure it not; for it is given unto the Gentiles:

The dome of the rock is exactly located at the COURT and will not be removed due to the threats from Arab world so the 3rd Temple shall be built side by side as the symbol of fake peace by antichrist.
Isnt it amazing that Apostle John has seen it 2000 years ago ?

And i suspect Jerusalem shall be made an int'l city so the antichrist can rule the world from it.
Rev 11:2 ..and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty and two months.

The nations will rage against Trump's recognition on Jerusalem as the capital of Israel, what will happen that Jerusalem shall be owned by gentile nations ? Will Israel then give it up after a defeat in war ???

2 Thes 2:4 He will oppose and will exalt himself over everything that is called God or is worshiped, so that he sets himself up in God's temple, proclaiming himself to be God.
I have no doubt they will and have a building program. They could throw up a tent like Moses and King David had. My point is it could happen very fast and it would not need to be brick and mortar to fulfill prophecy

Upvote 0

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,157.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I have no doubt they will and have a building program. They could throw up a tent like Moses and King David had. My point is it could happen very fast and it would not need to be brick and mortar to fulfill prophecy
If the Jews attempted anything like that, it would trigger an Islamic attack.
The Bible prophecies do not say the Jews will build the new Temple. It will be done by men from far away. Zechariah 6:15
By then; the Jews and all the evil neighbors will be gone. Jeremiah 12:14

Upvote 0