mich
✟68,247.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
How certain are you there is a difference between the kingdom of Heaven and the Kingdom of God?

Matthew 5:3 Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
Luke 6:20 And he lifted up his eyes on his disciples, and said, Blessed be ye poor: for yours is the kingdom of God

Matthew 11:11 Verily I say unto you, Among them that are born of women there hath not risen a greater than John the Baptist: notwithstanding he that is least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he.
Luke 7:28 For I say unto you, Among those that are born of women there is not a greater prophet than John the Baptist: but he that is least in the kingdom of God is greater than he.

Matthew 13:11 He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given.
Mark 4:11 And he said unto them, Unto you it is given to know the mystery of thekingdom of God: but unto them that are without, all these things are done in parables:

Or was it because Matthew was writing specifically to Jews and kingdom of heaven was a Jewish expression?
Because the Jews did not like to say God.

Upvote 0

Andy centek

Seeker of Deep Truth
Site Supporter
Jan 6, 2018
mich
✟68,247.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Blessings Doug:

The scriptures speak clearly of the difference between the two kingdoms. Look at what Jesus began to teach the Jews before they killed John The Baptist. It was all about the kingdom of heaven, the kingdom which Jesus was offering to be set up again had they accepted Him.
Then, after John death, the program changes and Jesus starts to preach, the Kingdom of God.

This then brings up the question of, what is the difference? The difference is that the kingdom of heaven was all earthly and under the law of Moses. The kingdom of God is spiritual, and is seated with Christ Jesus and His Father in the heavenly realm. Therefore the things preached about the kingdom of God are all spiritual and not earthly.

If I can help more please let me know.

Andy Centek

Upvote 0

Doug Melven

Nov 2, 2017
Wyoming
✟83,208.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Blessings Doug:

The scriptures speak clearly of the difference between the two kingdoms. Look at what Jesus began to teach the Jews before they killed John The Baptist. It was all about the kingdom of heaven, the kingdom which Jesus was offering to be set up again had they accepted Him.
Then, after John death, the program changes and Jesus starts to preach, the Kingdom of God.

This then brings up the question of, what is the difference? The difference is that the kingdom of heaven was all earthly and under the law of Moses. The kingdom of God is spiritual, and is seated with Christ Jesus and His Father in the heavenly realm. Therefore the things preached about the kingdom of God are all spiritual and not earthly.

If I can help more please let me know.

Andy Centek
I cited 3 examples where in Matthew Jesus said "Kingdom of Heaven" and in the parallel passage in Mark or Luke He said "Kingdom of God".
That is why I don't believe there is a difference between the 2.

Upvote 0

Andy centek

Seeker of Deep Truth
Site Supporter
Jan 6, 2018
mich
✟68,247.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I cited 3 examples where in Matthew Jesus said "Kingdom of Heaven" and in the parallel passage in Mark or Luke He said "Kingdom of God".
That is why I don't believe there is a difference between the 2.

Upvote 0

Andy centek

Seeker of Deep Truth
Site Supporter
Jan 6, 2018
mich
✟68,247.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Blessings Dough:

It is good to see you reading and questioning the passages; many do not do this.

I will try to better explain the way I understand this to you.

First, go to all the places where the kingdom of heaven is given. Then ask: What is being told here, to whom is it being told to? Make a list if need be, then go to the places where the kingdom of God is taught and do the same. Compare the two list.
Once you have done that, go the apostle Pual's writing and compare this to what He said. For He was appointed the apostple unto the Gentiles, not the Jews. The Gentiles being the other sheep that Jesus said He had to bring into the One Fold.

When you have finished the listings, you will see the answers.

My God send the Holy Spirit to guide you.

Andy Centek

Upvote 0

Doug Melven

Nov 2, 2017
Wyoming
✟83,208.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Kingdom of Heaven Scriptures compared to Kingdom of God Scriptures in parallel passages.

Matthew 3:2 And saying, Repent ye: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.
John doesn't use either phrase in Mark 1.

Matthew 4:17 From that time Jesus began to preach, and to say, Repent: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand
Mark 1:15 And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.

Matthew 5:3 Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
Luke 6:20 And he lifted up his eyes on his disciples, and said, Blessed be ye poor: for yours is the kingdom of God

Matthew 5:10 Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven
Jesus doesn't use either phrase in parallel passage in Luke 6.

Matthew 8:11 And I say unto you, That many shall come from the east and west, and shall sit down with Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, in the kingdom of heaven
Luke 13:29 And they shall come from the east, and from the west, and from the north, and from the south, and shall sit down in the kingdom of God.

Matthew 10:7 And as ye go, preach, saying, The kingdom of heaven is at hand.
Luke 9:2 And he sent them to preach the kingdom of God, and to heal the sick.

Matthew 11:11 Verily I say unto you, Among them that are born of women there hath not risen a greater than John the Baptist: notwithstanding he that is least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he
Matthew 11:11 Verily I say unto you, Among them that are born of women there hath not risen a greater than John the Baptist: notwithstanding he that is least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he

Matthew 11:12 And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffereth violence, and the violent take it by force.
Luke 16:16 The law and the prophets were until John: since that time the kingdom of God is preached, and every man presseth into it

Matthew 13:11 He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given.
Mark 4:11 And he said unto them, Unto you it is given to know the mystery of thekingdom of God: but unto them that are without, all these things are done in parables

Matthew 13:24 Another parable put he forth unto them, saying, The kingdom of heaven is likened unto a man which sowed good seed in his field
Mark 4:26 And he said, So is the kingdom of God, as if a man should cast seed into the ground;

Matthew 13:31 Another parable put he forth unto them, saying, The kingdom of heaven is like to a grain of mustard seed, which a man took, and sowed in his field:
Mark 4:31 It is like a grain of mustard seed, which, when it is sown in the earth, is less than all the seeds that be in the earth

Matthew 13:33 Another parable spake he unto them; The kingdom of heaven is like unto leaven, which a woman took, and hid in three measures of meal, till the whole was leavened.
Luke 13:20 And again he said, Whereunto shall I liken the kingdom of God?
13:21 It is like leaven, which a woman took and hid in three measures of meal, till the whole was leavened.

Matthew 18:1 At the same time came the disciples unto Jesus, saying, Who is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven?
Neither phrase is used in Mark 9 or Luke 9.

Matthew 18:3 And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.
Matthew 18:4 Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child, the same is greatest in the kingdom of heaven
Mark 10:14 But when Jesus saw it, he was much displeased, and said unto them, Suffer the little children to come unto me, and forbid them not: for of such is the kingdom of God.
Mark 10:15 Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of Godas a little child, he shall not enter therein.

Matthew 19:14 But Jesus said, Suffer little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven
Luke 18:16 But Jesus called them unto him, and said, Suffer little children to come unto me, and forbid them not: for of such is the kingdom of God

Matthew 19:23 Then said Jesus unto his disciples, Verily I say unto you, That a rich man shall hardly enter into the kingdom of heaven
Mark 10:23 And Jesus looked round about, and saith unto his disciples, How hardly shall they that have riches enter into the kingdom of God

Matthew 23:13 But woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye shut up the kingdom of heaven against men: for ye neither go in yourselves, neither suffer ye them that are entering to go in.
Luke 11 parallel doesn't use either phrase.

Matthew 25:14 For the kingdom of heaven is as a man travelling into a far country, who called his own servants, and delivered unto them his goods.
Luke 19:11 And as they heard these things, he added and spake a parable, because he was nigh to Jerusalem, and because they thought that the kingdom of God should immediately appear.
19:12 He said therefore, A certain nobleman went into a far country to receive for himself a kingdom, and to return.

Jews and the Kingdom of God.
Luke 17:20 And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation:
Luke 17:21 Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you

Luke 23:51 (The same had not consented to the counsel and deed of them;) he was of Arimathaea, a city of the Jews: who also himself waited for the kingdom of God.
John 3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God

Paul on the Kingdom of God.
Romans 14:17 For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost.
1 Corinthians 4:20 For the kingdom of God is not in word, but in power.
1 Corinthians 6:9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,
1 Corinthians 6:10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.
1 Corinthians 15:50 Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit thekingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.
Galatians 5:21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.
Colossians 4:11 And Jesus, which is called Justus, who are of the circumcision. These only are my fellowworkers unto the kingdom of God, which have been a comfort unto me.
2 Thessalonians 1:5 Which is a manifest token of the righteous judgment of God, that ye may be counted worthy of the kingdom of God, for which ye also suffer:

The phrase "Kingdom of Heaven" is only found in Matthew.
Jesus used only one phrase, not two phrases.
If the Kingdom of Heaven and Kingdom of God were different, when Jesus talked to Jews, He would have used Kingdom of Heaven instead of Kingdom of God.

If there weren't parallel passages you would have a good point. But, there are too many parallel passages.

Upvote 0