Fidelibus

Jan 4, 2017
U.S.A.
✟66,007.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I don't think the "promises" are any more disturbing than any other fiction. What I do find disturbing is the possible intent behind them. Who stands to gain the most by distracting Christ followers into such idolatry?

Would you consider the Battle of Lepanto on 10-7-1571, and its outcome as disturbing fiction?

Upvote 0

PanDeVida

Feb 21, 2007
✟42,102.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I've read how Mary has given "promises to all those who faithfully say the Rosary...what I found was shocking. Ill give my commentary on each promise.

1. Whoever shall faithfully serve me by the recitation of the Rosary, shall receive signal graces.
"Serve me"?? Um NO! We only serve Jesus.
  1. I promise my special protection and the greatest graces to all those who shall recite the Rosary.
    Mary cannot give out "graces"

2. The Rosary shall be a powerful armor against hell, it will destroy vice, decrease sin, and defeat heresies.

So by repeating written prayers while holding beads will do all of those things mentioned above? I think you would get MUCH better results praying directly to God alone.
  3. The Rosary will cause virtue and good works to flourish; it will obtain for souls the abundant mercy of God; it will withdraw the hearts of men from the love of the world and its vanities, and will lift them to the desire for eternal things. Oh, that souls would sanctify themselves by this means.
    No comments really.

4. The soul which recommends itself to me by the recitation of the Rosary, shall not perish.
    Really? So by reciting and making devotion to Mary will make sure we don't go to Hell. I don't buy it one bit, Scriptures say its through Christ alone through believing on him that we don't perish.

5. Whoever shall recite the Rosary devoutly, applying himself to the consideration of its sacred mysteries shall never be conquered by misfortune. God will not chastise him in His justice, he shall not perish by an unprovided death; if he be just he shall remain in the grace of God, and become worthy of eternal life.
    Again, none of this is scriptural or sounds like something from God.

6. Whoever shall have a true devotion for the Rosary shall not die without the sacraments of the Church.
    Is she referring to physical death or spiritual? Either way sacraments don't save us only Jesus does.

7. Those who are faithful to recite the Rosary shall have during their life and at their death the light of God and the plenititude of His graces; at the moment of death they shall participate in the merits of the saints in paradise.
    OK, so reciting hail marys will be the thing that lets me have Gods graces...not Jesus death on the cross huh?

8. I shall deliver from Purgatory those who have been devoted to the Rosary.
    Purgatory isn't in the bible, and even if that were so I doubt Mary has the power to do that since she didn't die on the Cross from my sins. Why would I have to go to purgatory anyway all my sins are paid for at the foot of the Cross??

9. The faithful children of the Rosary shall merit a high degree of glory in Heaven.
    So those who don't recite it will merit a lesser degree of Glory in Heaven? OK sure...and merit mean earn...we cant EARN heaven!!!

10. You shall obtain all you ask of me by the recitation of the Rosary.
    So Mary can you get me a new car and iPhone?:)

11. All those who propagate the Holy Rosary shall be aided by me in their necessities.
    Nah, Jesus will do that for me :)

12. I have obtained from my Divine Son that all the advocates of the Rosary shall have for intercessors the entire celestial court during their life and at the hour of death.
    Biblical references??

13. All who recite the Rosary are my sons and daughters, and brothers and sisters of my only Son Jesus Christ.
    Well I guess I don't particularly disagree with this, Mary is the mother of my Lord.

14. Devotion of my Rosary is a great sign of predestination
So Mary is a Calvinist now?:)

Yogo, First of all, you are contradicting yourself! How so? Well, your profile picture here at Christians Forum CF, is of the Crucifixion, the 5th Sorrowful Mystery of the Rosary. Yogo, No Doubt that our Lord and His Blessed Mother is Telling you Something, and that is you should pray the Rosary! Now I hope I don't make you change it. like JayW, did when I told him that he contradicted himself by having a profile Picture of the 1st Glorious Mystery of the Resurrection. I wait to see!

The Blessed Virgin Mary promised to Saint Dominic and to all who follow that "Whatever you ask in the Rosary will be granted." She left for all Christians Fifteen Promises to those who recite the Holy Rosary.

Imparted to Saint Dominic and Blessed Alan

1. Whoever shall faithfully serve me by the recitation of the Rosary, shall receive signal graces.
Yogo, is serving one another a sin? When you go to a restaurant does the waiter or waitress serve you and is that a sin? Are you committing a sin when you yourself serve someone else? Yogo, Surly to obey the 4th Commandment of "Honor you Father and your Mother" you would have to faithfully Serve them!
Yogo, have you not read Galatians
5:13For you, brethren, have been called unto liberty: only make not liberty an occasion to the flesh, but by charity of the spirit serve one another. Therefore to Serve Virgin Mary is not a Sin!

2. I promise my special protection and the greatest graces to all those who shall recite the Rosary.
Yogo, is it a sin when a parent promise "Special Protection" to their children? Is it a sin when a parent shares their Graces with their children, that was given to them by God?

3.The Rosary shall be a powerful armor against hell, it will destroy vice, decrease sin, and defeat heresies.
The Rosary and the Battle of Lepanto

The Battle of Lepanto was a crucial conflict between the Christians and the Ottoman Turks, one of the greatest naval battles of all time. The Christian lands around Greece and the Eastern Mediterranean were constantly getting sacked by Muslim pirates, and Imperial warships were ravaging the land. At this point in time, Pope Saint Pius V saw it appropriate to raise a Crusade against these heathen Muslims. After raising a Crusade, he asked every non-combatant across the whole Christian world to pray the Rosary.

Even after this call to arms, the Christian fleet at Lepanto was greatly outnumbered by the Ottoman Turks. The Crusaders got on their knees and began to pray the Rosary. Soon after, the Christians and the Muslims were immersed in a bloody battle. Thus it was that on October 7, 1571, the Christian fleet was blessed with a miraculous victory. Pope Saint Pius V immediately dedicated the victory to Our Lady, establishing October 7 as “The Feast of the Most Holy Rosary.
(Yogo, if it was not for the Rosary perhaps you would be a muslim today)

4. The Rosary will cause virtue and good works to flourish; it will obtain for souls the abundant mercy of God; it will withdraw the hearts of men from the love of the world and its vanities, and will
lift them to the desire for eternal things. Oh, that souls would sanctify themselves by this means

(Yogo, you had no comment to this 4th Promise, why? Is it because the good angle on your right shoulders is telling not to listen the Devil on your left shoulder. You should listen to the good angel on your right shoulder more often, he is the one that told you to put the 5th Sorrow Mystery of The Rosary, on your profile picture.

5. The soul which recommends itself to me by the recitation of the Rosary, shall not perish.

Yogo, (YES OR NO) is it a sin when one recommends themselves to a doctor for life saving problems in order not to parish / die? The Correct answer is NO! That being truth then it is good to recommend oneself to Virgin Mary, because Virgin Mary will take you to the Foot of the Cross.

6. Whoever shall recite the Rosary devoutly, applying himself to the consideration of its sacred mysteries shall never be conquered by misfortune. God will not chastise him in His justice, he shall not perish by an unprovided death; if he be just he shall remain in the grace of God, and become worthy of eternal life.

Yogo, I can't stress it enough, you contradict yourself, your profile picture here at CF you have the 5th Mystery of the Rosary of the Crucifixion, perhaps you too will change your profile pic like
Jayw, did, who had the first Glorious Mystery of the Resurrection on his profile pic, now isn't that right JayW? Yogo, to answer your question it is Both Physical and Spiritual Deaths. Yes the Sacrament of the Eucharist one must Eat and Drink the Lords Body and Blood, Have you not read John :53Then Jesus said to them: Amen, amen I say unto you: Except you eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, you shall not have life in you. 54He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath everlasting life: and I will raise him up in the last day. 55For my flesh is meat indeed: and my blood is drink indeed. 56He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, abideth in me, and I in him. (Yogo, the Sacarament of the Eucharist gives Life, here in this world physically and in heaven forever Spiritually.) Amen Amen

7. Whoever shall have a true devotion for the Rosary shall not die without the sacraments of the Church. Yogo, you are a perfect example of the 7th promise, who will die without the Sacrament of the Church, because you reject the Rosary and His Church that was founded on Rock.

8. Those who are faithful to recite the Rosary shall have during their life and at their death the light of God and the plenititude of His graces; at the moment of death they shall participate in the merits of the saints in paradise. Yogo, The Rosary Consist of: The Our Father Prayer, the Hail Mary which are the words spoken by the Angel Gabriel, to Virgin Mary, and It begins with I believe in God the Father. Now which of these can one be condemn for???

9. I shall deliver from Purgatory those who have been devoted to the Rosary.

Matthew5: 25Be at agreement with thy adversary betimes, whilst thou art in the way with him: lest perhaps the adversary deliver thee to the judge, and the judge deliver thee to the officer, and thou be cast into prison. 26Amen I say to thee, thou shalt not go out from thence till thou repay the last farthing. Yogo, we all know when one goes to hell, there is no coming out, the prison of purgatory one does come, ONLY UNTIL ONE PAYS THE LAST PENNY!

Again in Luke 12: 57And why even of yourselves, do you not judge that which is just? 58And when thou goest with thy adversary to the prince, whilst thou art in the way, endeavour to be delivered from him: lest perhaps he draw thee to the judge, and the judge deliver thee to the exacter, and the exacter cast thee into prison. 59I say to thee, thou shalt not go out thence, until thou pay the very last mite.

Corinthians 1 3:14If any man's work abide, which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward. 15If any man's work burn, he shall suffer loss; but he himself shall be saved, yet so as by FIRE.

10. The faithful children of the Rosary shall merit a high degree of glory in Heaven.
Yogo, one does not merit heaven! This 10th promise speaks about those by the grace of God who are in Heaven already, will receive a higher degree of glorying heaven for saying the Rosary.

11. You shall obtain all you ask of me by the recitation of the Rosary. Yogo, is it a sin when a child ask his or her mother for anything that is good?

12: All those who propagate the Holy Rosary shall be
aided by me in their necessities.

Yogo, Knowing Virgin Mary, like the one who came to her at the Wedding Feast in Cana, received what they asked for by Mary. It was not even Jesus time but yet Jesus Listened to His Mother and the water turned into wine. What ever Mary says to Her Son Jesus, on our account, Jesus does. Amen

13. I have obtained from my Divine Son that all the advocates of the Rosary shall have for intercessors the entire celestial court during their life and at the hour of death.

Yogo, biblical reference can be found Revelations 5:8And when he had opened the book, the four living creatures, and the four and twenty ancients fell down before the Lamb, having every one of them harps, and golden vials full of odours, which are the prayers of saints:

14. All who recite the Rosary are my sons and daughters, and brothers and sisters of my only Son Jesus Christ.

Yogo, here you stated: "Well I guess I don't particularly disagree with this, Mary is the mother of my Lord. HMMMM, Yes listen to the good angle on your right shoulder that Mary is the Mother of our Lord. Being the Mother of our Lord, Mary can do great things for us.

15. Devotion of my Rosary is a great sign of predestination.

Mary is not calvinist, Mary is not talking predestination like Calvin did, Mary stated a Great Sign of Predestination there are two different meaning of the word, when one adds "Great Sign Of". One can also say, that obeying the Ten Commandments, or Obeying Jesus Christ's Every Word, is a Great Sign of Predestination.

Upvote 0

Phil 1:21

Apr 3, 2017
United States
✟144,842.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yogo, First of all, you are contradicting yourself! How so? Well, your profile picture here at Christians Forum CF, is of the Crucifixion, the 5th Sorrowful Mystery of the Rosary. Yogo, No Doubt that our Lord and His Blessed Mother is Telling you Something, and that is you should pray the Rosary! Now I hope I don't make you change it. like JayW, did when I told him that he contradicted himself by having a profile Picture of the 1st Glorious Mystery of the Resurrection. I wait to see!

The Blessed Virgin Mary promised to Saint Dominic and to all who follow that "Whatever you ask in the Rosary will be granted." She left for all Christians Fifteen Promises to those who recite the Holy Rosary.

Imparted to Saint Dominic and Blessed Alan

Yogo, is serving one another a sin? When you go to a restaurant does the waiter or waitress serve you and is that a sin? Are you committing a sin when you yourself serve someone else? Yogo, Surly to obey the 4th Commandment of "Honor you Father and your Mother" you would have to faithfully Serve them!
Yogo, have you not read Galatians
5:13For you, brethren, have been called unto liberty: only make not liberty an occasion to the flesh, but by charity of the spirit serve one another. Therefore to Serve Virgin Mary is not a Sin!

2. I promise my special protection and the greatest graces to all those who shall recite the Rosary.
Yogo, is it a sin when a parent promise "Special Protection" to their children? Is it a sin when a parent shares their Graces with their children, that was given to them by God?

3.The Rosary shall be a powerful armor against hell, it will destroy vice, decrease sin, and defeat heresies.
The Rosary and the Battle of Lepanto

The Battle of Lepanto was a crucial conflict between the Christians and the Ottoman Turks, one of the greatest naval battles of all time. The Christian lands around Greece and the Eastern Mediterranean were constantly getting sacked by Muslim pirates, and Imperial warships were ravaging the land. At this point in time, Pope Saint Pius V saw it appropriate to raise a Crusade against these heathen Muslims. After raising a Crusade, he asked every non-combatant across the whole Christian world to pray the Rosary.

Even after this call to arms, the Christian fleet at Lepanto was greatly outnumbered by the Ottoman Turks. The Crusaders got on their knees and began to pray the Rosary. Soon after, the Christians and the Muslims were immersed in a bloody battle. Thus it was that on October 7, 1571, the Christian fleet was blessed with a miraculous victory. Pope Saint Pius V immediately dedicated the victory to Our Lady, establishing October 7 as “The Feast of the Most Holy Rosary.
(Yogo, if it was not for the Rosary perhaps you would be a muslim today)

4. The Rosary will cause virtue and good works to flourish; it will obtain for souls the abundant mercy of God; it will withdraw the hearts of men from the love of the world and its vanities, and will
lift them to the desire for eternal things. Oh, that souls would sanctify themselves by this means

(Yogo, you had no comment to this 4th Promise, why? Is it because the good angle on your right shoulders is telling not to listen the Devil on your left shoulder. You should listen to the good angel on your right shoulder more often, he is the one that told you to put the 5th Sorrow Mystery of The Rosary, on your profile picture.

5. The soul which recommends itself to me by the recitation of the Rosary, shall not perish.

Yogo, (YES OR NO) is it a sin when one recommends themselves to a doctor for life saving problems in order not to parish / die? The Correct answer is NO! That being truth then it is good to recommend oneself to Virgin Mary, because Virgin Mary will take you to the Foot of the Cross.

6. Whoever shall recite the Rosary devoutly, applying himself to the consideration of its sacred mysteries shall never be conquered by misfortune. God will not chastise him in His justice, he shall not perish by an unprovided death; if he be just he shall remain in the grace of God, and become worthy of eternal life.

Yogo, I can't stress it enough, you contradict yourself, your profile picture here at CF you have the 5th Mystery of the Rosary of the Crucifixion, perhaps you too will change your profile pic like
Jayw, did, who had the first Glorious Mystery of the Resurrection on his profile pic, now isn't that right JayW? Yogo, to answer your question it is Both Physical and Spiritual Deaths. Yes the Sacrament of the Eucharist one must Eat and Drink the Lords Body and Blood, Have you not read John :53Then Jesus said to them: Amen, amen I say unto you: Except you eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, you shall not have life in you. 54He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath everlasting life: and I will raise him up in the last day. 55For my flesh is meat indeed: and my blood is drink indeed. 56He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, abideth in me, and I in him. (Yogo, the Sacarament of the Eucharist gives Life, here in this world physically and in heaven forever Spiritually.) Amen Amen

7. Whoever shall have a true devotion for the Rosary shall not die without the sacraments of the Church. Yogo, you are a perfect example of the 7th promise, who will die without the Sacrament of the Church, because you reject the Rosary and His Church that was founded on Rock.

8. Those who are faithful to recite the Rosary shall have during their life and at their death the light of God and the plenititude of His graces; at the moment of death they shall participate in the merits of the saints in paradise. Yogo, The Rosary Consist of: The Our Father Prayer, the Hail Mary which are the words spoken by the Angel Gabriel, to Virgin Mary, and It begins with I believe in God the Father. Now which of these can one be condemn for???

9. I shall deliver from Purgatory those who have been devoted to the Rosary.

Matthew5: 25Be at agreement with thy adversary betimes, whilst thou art in the way with him: lest perhaps the adversary deliver thee to the judge, and the judge deliver thee to the officer, and thou be cast into prison. 26Amen I say to thee, thou shalt not go out from thence till thou repay the last farthing. Yogo, we all know when one goes to hell, there is no coming out, the prison of purgatory one does come, ONLY UNTIL ONE PAYS THE LAST PENNY!

Again in Luke 12: 57And why even of yourselves, do you not judge that which is just? 58And when thou goest with thy adversary to the prince, whilst thou art in the way, endeavour to be delivered from him: lest perhaps he draw thee to the judge, and the judge deliver thee to the exacter, and the exacter cast thee into prison. 59I say to thee, thou shalt not go out thence, until thou pay the very last mite.

Corinthians 1 3:14If any man's work abide, which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward. 15If any man's work burn, he shall suffer loss; but he himself shall be saved, yet so as by FIRE.

10. The faithful children of the Rosary shall merit a high degree of glory in Heaven.
Yogo, one does not merit heaven! This 10th promise speaks about those by the grace of God who are in Heaven already, will receive a higher degree of glorying heaven for saying the Rosary.

11. You shall obtain all you ask of me by the recitation of the Rosary. Yogo, is it a sin when a child ask his or her mother for anything that is good?

12: All those who propagate the Holy Rosary shall be
aided by me in their necessities.

Yogo, Knowing Virgin Mary, like the one who came to her at the Wedding Feast in Cana, received what they asked for by Mary. It was not even Jesus time but yet Jesus Listened to His Mother and the water turned into wine. What ever Mary says to Her Son Jesus, on our account, Jesus does. Amen

13. I have obtained from my Divine Son that all the advocates of the Rosary shall have for intercessors the entire celestial court during their life and at the hour of death.

Yogo, biblical reference can be found Revelations 5:8And when he had opened the book, the four living creatures, and the four and twenty ancients fell down before the Lamb, having every one of them harps, and golden vials full of odours, which are the prayers of saints:

14. All who recite the Rosary are my sons and daughters, and brothers and sisters of my only Son Jesus Christ.

Yogo, here you stated: "Well I guess I don't particularly disagree with this, Mary is the mother of my Lord. HMMMM, Yes listen to the good angle on your right shoulder that Mary is the Mother of our Lord. Being the Mother of our Lord, Mary can do great things for us.

15. Devotion of my Rosary is a great sign of predestination.

Mary is not calvinist, Mary is not talking predestination like Calvin did, Mary stated a Great Sign of Predestination there are two different meaning of the word, when one adds "Great Sign Of". One can also say, that obeying the Ten Commandments, or Obeying Jesus Christ's Every Word, is a Great Sign of Predestination.

You know you're replying to a seven-month-old post by a person who hasn't been here since March 6th, right?

giphy.gif

Upvote 0