✟30,305.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
What is it?

An unorthodox belief based on a long-condemned literalist reading of Revelation.

When does it happen?

The true Reign of Christ began 2,000 years ago. This "1,000" thing never will.

Where does it take place?

Nowhere...it isn't going to occur.

Is it the NC?

I'm looking for Scriptural support of your ideas.

If by NC you mean the New Covenant, that's a part of the orthodox belief, but it has nothing to do with the millennialist idea.

As for Scriptural support, there's "Scripturally support" for all sorts of unorthodox positions from chiliasm to Arianism...is there any historical support for their belief? No.

Upvote 0
P

peggy sue

What is it?

When does it happen?

Is it the NC?

It begins after Christ returns in a physical form, as angels declared He would return the same way the apostles watched Him leave, Its not a secret return as some teach, As the word of God declares the whole earth will mourn at the sign of His coming, there are a couple signs that every Christian will know He will be here soon, the sun going dark, and the moon turning red, and or not giving its light, and stars falling in numbers never seen before, and the heavens shaken (Mathew 24)

Upvote 0

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
N/A
✟425,827.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
PaladinValer said:
An unorthodox belief based on a long-condemned literalist reading of Revelation.

The true Reign of Christ began 2,000 years ago. This "1,000" thing never will.

Nowhere...it isn't going to occur.

If by NC you mean the New Covenant, that's a part of the orthodox belief, but it has nothing to do with the millennialist idea.

As for Scriptural support, there's "Scripturally support" for all sorts of unorthodox positions from chiliasm to Arianism...is there any historical support for their belief? No.

Agreed.

Christ's Kingdom is the church and the restoration God is bringing through it. The church has grown and existed since Pentecost and it'll continue to do so until his return in glory and the resurrection of the dead.

Upvote 0

God's Word

Feb 18, 2011
In this world, but not of it.
✟3,181.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
listed said:
The 1,000 year reign
What is it?

When does it happen?

Is it the NC?

The Millennial or 1,000 year Reign of Christ will begin exactly when the Bible says it will:

At the second coming of Jesus Christ.

Revelation 20:1-15

"And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand. And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years, And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season. And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years. But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection. Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years. And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison, And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea. And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them. And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever. And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away, and there was found no place for them. And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works. And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works. And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire."

Although Revelation is the last book of our Bibles, it is a culmination of everything that had been written aforetime throughout the rest of scripture. John's chronology that we just read of perfectly coincides with everything that had been written aforetime. The chronology is as follows:

Christ returns to establish the kingdom of heaven here on earth...

Satan is bound for 1,000 years...

The righteous dead partake of the first resurrection and reign and rule with Christ for 1,000 years right here on earth...

After the 1,000 year Millennial Reign of Christ ends, Satan is loosed for a season and goes out to deceive the nations and lead them in one final rebellion against God...

This is precisely when what is written in relation to Gog and Magog in Ezekiel (and here) is fufilled....

After this final attempt to thwart God's eternal plan is put down, the wicked dead, hell (Hades) and death are thrown into the lake of fire, along with the Devil and his angels...

Immediately hereafter comes the new heavens and the new earth.

Well, that ought to get the ball rolling. There is plenty throughout scripture which supports what I just stated and, as such, I'll gladly defend such a position FROM SCRIPTURE. Why did I CAPITALIZE "from scripture"? Well, because there'll always be those who go on about their "orthodoxy" WHICH IS CONTRARY TO SCRIPTURE...as we've already seen.

Upvote 0

Frogster

Galatians is the best!
Sep 7, 2009
✟74,317.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Total hooey!

Like somehow animal sacrifies are going to come back. People need to read Heb 10;29 calling the blood of Christ common..

Oh..Levitical laws all over again..please!

Ez 44:23 They shall teach my people the difference between the holy and the common, and show them how to distinguish between the unclean and the clean.

And I suppose the millenium temple will not allow Gentiles? Please!
Just for Jewish people?

Ez 44:9 “Thus says the Lord God: No foreigner, uncircumcised in heart and flesh, of all the foreigners who are among the people of Israel, shall enter my sanctuary.

A sin offering again!????? please!

Ez 45:23 And on the seven days of the festival he shall provide as a burnt offering to the Lord seven young bulls and seven rams without blemish, on each of the seven days; and a male goat daily for a sin offering.

Upvote 0

Frogster

Galatians is the best!
Sep 7, 2009
✟74,317.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Agreed.

Christ's Kingdom is the church and the restoration God is bringing through it. The church has grown and existed since Pentecost and it'll continue to do so until his return in glory and the resurrection of the dead.

:thumbsup:

eph 3;10 so that through the church the manifold wisdom of God might now be made known to the rulers and authorities in the heavenly places.

Upvote 0
P

peggy sue

Total hooey!

Like somehow animal sacrifies are going to come back. People need to read Heb 10;29 calling the blood of Christ common..

Oh..Levitical laws all over again..please!

Ez 44:23 They shall teach my people the difference between the holy and the common, and show them how to distinguish between the unclean and the clean.

And I suppose the millenium temple will not allow Gentiles? Please!
Just for Jewish people?

Ez 44:9 “Thus says the Lord God: No foreigner, uncircumcised in heart and flesh, of all the foreigners who are among the people of Israel, shall enter my sanctuary.

A sin offering again!????? please!

Ez 45:23 And on the seven days of the festival he shall provide as a burnt offering to the Lord seven young bulls and seven rams without blemish, on each of the seven days; and a male goat daily for a sin offering.

The Jews are already preparing to restart the sacrifices they have fallen away from, its a main part of their religion that was ordained by God, they do not see Jesus as the Messiah, but they still need a means to get forgivness from sins, without blood there can be no forgiveness of sins

Upvote 0

Frogster

Galatians is the best!
Sep 7, 2009
✟74,317.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
The Jews are already preparing to restart the sacrifices they have fallen away from, its a main part of their religion that was ordained by God, they do not see Jesus as the Messiah, but they still need a means to get forgivness from sins, without blood there can be no forgiveness of sins

Hello, but the only thing is, animal blood won't take away sins.:)

Heb 10:4 For it is impossible for the blood of bulls and goats to take away sins.

That's why no more sacrifices are needed.

Heb 10:18 Where there is forgiveness of these, there is no longer any offering for sin.

God did not delight in that old system.

Heb 10:5 Consequently, when Christ[a] came into the world, he said,
“Sacrifices and offerings you have not desired,
but a body have you prepared for me;

Upvote 0
P

peggy sue

Hello, but the only thing is, animal blood won't take away sins.:)

Heb 10:4 For it is impossible for the blood of bulls and goats to take away sins.

That's why no more sacrifices are needed.

Heb 10:18 Where there is forgiveness of these, there is no longer any offering for sin.

God did not delight in that old system.

Heb 10:5 Consequently, when Christ[a] came into the world, he said,
“Sacrifices and offerings you have not desired,
but a body have you prepared for me;

i know that, and you know that, but the Jews that don't except the new covenant don't know that, and to this day they are in need of a way to cleanes themselves of sin, this is why they are re-establishing the preisthood and all the trimmings.......it will happen just as the bible says it will

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

PaladinValer

Traditional Orthodox Anglican
Apr 7, 2004
Myrtle Beach, SC
✟30,305.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Temple worship is dead.

Premillennialism as believed in today brings nothing but pain, hardship, and death to the Holy Land each and every year. Those who advocate it have blood on their hands and they will face Judgment for it.

Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi frog,

You posted: Hello, but the only thing is, animal blood won't take away sins.

Yes, of course, all born again believers understand that, but we're talking about Jews who have clung to the Mosaic law and not understood the new covenant. The Scriptures seem to reflect that the Jews will rebuild a temple and restart the sacrifices of the Mosaic law. Now, will what they do be pleasing to God? Well, there's no indication that it will be any more pleasing to God than most of their efforts before Jesus' life. However, a prophecy doesn't mean that the event foretold is necessarily pleasing or even caused by God. It is merely the foretelling of an event that the speaker or writer knows will happen and foretells it.

The Scriptures speak of a great apostasy that will overrun much of the 'ekklesia'. I'm firmly convicted that such an apostasy isn't in any way honoring God or even what He desires, but He warns us that it is, in fact, coming. God gave us many such prophecies as this and the renewal of the Mosaic sacrifices not so that we would consider them a part of God's great plan, but rather to see them and know that the time is short; our redemption draws nigh.

God bless you.
In Christ, Ted

Upvote 0
P

peggy sue

Temple worship is dead.

Premillennialism as believed in today brings nothing but pain, hardship, and death to the Holy Land each and every year. Those who advocate it have blood on their hands and they will face Judgment for it.

so what do you do with all the prophecies that have yet to be fulfilled concerning Jerusalem and Israel ?......just ignore them?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

InSpiritInTruth

May 15, 2011
State of Grace
✟11,335.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The Millennial or 1,000 year Reign of Christ will begin exactly when the Bible says it will:

At the second coming of Jesus Christ.

Revelation 20:1-15

"And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand. And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years, And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season. And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years. But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection. Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years. And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison, And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea. And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them. And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever. And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away, and there was found no place for them. And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works. And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works. And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire."

Although Revelation is the last book of our Bibles, it is a culmination of everything that had been written aforetime throughout the rest of scripture. John's chronology that we just read of perfectly coincides with everything that had been written aforetime. The chronology is as follows:

Christ returns to establish the kingdom of heaven here on earth...

Satan is bound for 1,000 years...

The righteous dead partake of the first resurrection and reign and rule with Christ for 1,000 years right here on earth...

After the 1,000 year Millennial Reign of Christ ends, Satan is loosed for a season and goes out to deceive the nations and lead them in one final rebellion against God...

This is precisely when what is written in relation to Gog and Magog in Ezekiel (and here) is fufilled....

After this final attempt to thwart God's eternal plan is put down, the wicked dead, hell (Hades) and death are thrown into the lake of fire, along with the Devil and his angels...

Immediately hereafter comes the new heavens and the new earth.

Well, that ought to get the ball rolling. There is plenty throughout scripture which supports what I just stated and, as such, I'll gladly defend such a position FROM SCRIPTURE. Why did I CAPITALIZE "from scripture"? Well, because there'll always be those who go on about their "orthodoxy" WHICH IS CONTRARY TO SCRIPTURE...as we've already seen.

:thumbsup:

Thy Kingdom come, thy will be done, on earth as it is in heaven.

Revelation 11:15
And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever.:amen:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

thomasalias

Mar 12, 2012
✟1,265.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
All i know is im going to pray for and try to do what i can with the Lords strength to remove my self from this world and its evil influences. We must not be conformed to this world but instead be transformed by the renewing of our mind, we must not be idolaters, covetous, fornicators, proud, dishonest or any other kind of worker of flesh or worldly in any way. If we pray and abstain from these things and instead seek to walk in love while waiting in hope for our Lord then nothing else matters.

I say this because i don't understand revelation, but i know what the Lord expects of me and what he has warned us about in the rest of the NT, so i lean on that understanding. No sense in fretting over things i don't understand if im still needing to do the things i do understand.

Upvote 0

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
N/A
✟425,827.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
PaladinValer said:
Temple worship is dead.

Amen bro!

Upvote 0

Frogster

Galatians is the best!
Sep 7, 2009
✟74,317.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
My Ez verses were not about this temple the jews may want to build, the verses were about this 1000 year reign doctrine, and it's temple, that some think will be there, all while not admitting it would be an insult to God.

Lol..a sin offering in this ever elusive 1000 year reign?:D

Ezek 45 :23 And on the seven days of the festival he shall provide as a burnt offering to the Lord seven young bulls and seven rams without blemish, on each of the seven days; and a male goat daily for a sin offering.

Upvote 0

PaladinValer

Traditional Orthodox Anglican
Apr 7, 2004
Myrtle Beach, SC
✟30,305.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
so what do do with all the prophecies that have yet to be fulfilled concerning Jerusalem and Israel ?......just ignore them?

No, research what the Church has always interpreted them instead.

Future temple worship is a denial of Christ. I say that in God's Most Holy Name. There will be absolutely no more bloody sacrifices; Jesus is the Eternal Sacrifice for all. That means no more room for worthless animals and grain.

I am a Christian, not a Jew. Let Jews worship the way they want; I have God Incarnate.

Upvote 0

LaSpino3

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
✟2,160.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Politics
US-Republican
Listed,

Don't listen to these people that claim there is no 1000 year reign of Christ in the future. Not sure what they use for their source material, but it surely can' be the Bible. Gods word said it correctly in his post to you, and I agree with him.

Rev.20:3, Those who do not receive the mark 666 of the beast, are killed for not taking it; after the 7 years of tribulation ends, scriptures read,

"They (those who are killed,) lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years."

Now that's pretty clear, my 10 year old grandson understands it. How clear can God make it?

The word lived in Rev.20, is used in the sense of to exist, absolutely and without end, now and hereafter, to live forever. Therefore those who were killed will live again, without end, and be with the Lord Jesus.

These will reign with Christ 1000 years. Reigned is, Absolute; as to possess and to exercise dominion; spoken of God as vindicating to himself His regal power.

Those who claim there is no 1000 years are confused. Don't be taken in by their non-sense.

Right now, today, we live in the age of God's grace; Christian's who are saved by faith alone. Before the tribulation begins, the church is caught up, to be with Christ.

The unbelieving Jews will remain in the land. Those Jews who have rejected their Messiah, are left, and thrown into the last 3 1/2 years of tribulation. In that 7 years there will be those who do come to Christ, those who have rejected the mark of the beast. They will be persecuted, and killed.

At the end of the 7 years these will be raised to rule and reign with the Lord for 1000 years. When the 1000 years are up, Satan will again convince the world to go to war with Jesus, and those who rule with Him, but they will all be destroyed.

Those who received the mark, these are, Rev.20:5, "The rest of the dead, (those who received the mark) lived not again until the 1000 years are finished. But now is the judgement come. They will live again, go before the Lord, and be judged. Rev.20:5-13.

The word lived concerns those who are to be judged, Rev.20:5. It is not the same Greek (lived) used for those who "Lived," in Christ, during the tribulation, Rev.20:4. This Greek word for lived means, They will be revived from death, in the sense of to rouse up, become vigorous, but not in Christ, but to damnation,
Rev.20:13, "They were judged every man according to their works (they received the mark of the beast.) And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death."

As far as a temple in the 7 years of tribulation is concerned; because the church has been raptured into heaven to be with the Lord, and the unbelieving Jews are left, in Israel; these Jews, will rebuild their Temple, and return to animal sacrifice. Not all will, those who do not, and receive Jesus as the Jewish Messiah, will be killed, as will the two witnesses. When they are killed 3 1/2 years into tribulation, the anti-christ will enter the Temple, sit as king, and the unsaved Jews, will receive him as their Messiah, etc. etc. This ends when Jesus returns.

Hope this helps.
Phil LaSpino

Last edited:
Upvote 0