That we keep his commandments AND "his commandments are not burdensome"...

Kaon

Mar 12, 2018
Los Angeles
✟111,507.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate
Any letter of any Law will not get you very far, for it is a matter of the heart, if we are loved, we should love, and that is the commandment... all of the commandment(s) and any commandment(s) from God...

I do not subscribe to the idea, and I am not convinced at all, that trying to obey the "letter" of the Ten Commandments or the OT Law covenant in your own strength and will, ect, is "The Way" at all...

If were truly one of his our heart will be, or will become "right" at some point, and we will love because were loved, and that is really the only command that matters...

But, even and when we view this as "command" and not something that comes from, and is "matter of the heart", we will fail miserably, sometimes even when we think we are succeeding, which is the problem with the, or any "letter" of any law, or any kind of commandments viewed as "commandments"...

Perfect Love should fulfill the OT Law, once it is perfected, but, how many of us are really perfect, or will ever be perfect, or will become perfect in this world, is the question...

God Bless!

I am not talking about obeying the OT law, or any doctrine. I am talking about the literal word of the Most High God - of which only a fraction of a fraction of a fraction is contained in the canon.

The Word of God is a Living Entity, and everything that was ever said to the Hebrews as Law/Word of the Most High God is from the Word of God - the Christ/Redeemer - Himself. Those laws spoken to Moses was from the Redeemer Himself. So, I say that to say: why would the Word of God contradict itself, and set up for a foundation obedience, and then smash that foundation to revamp the purpose? A house divided cannot stand, the Word of God Himself told us to be Perfect like His Father; we know perfection comes from - at base - a loving relationship with the Most High God that does not force obedience, but compels perfect obedience because of the love relationship. Blameless.

In other words, the Word of God is the same as He was when He spoke to Noah, and told him to give His Laws (not Moses' laws) to the Hebrews.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟952,787.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
I am not talking about obeying the OT law, or any doctrine. I am talking about the literal word of the Most High God - of which only a fraction of a fraction of a fraction is contained in the canon.

The Word of God is a Living Entity, and everything that was ever said to the Hebrews as Law/Word of the Most High God is from the Word of God - the Christ/Redeemer - Himself. Those laws spoken to Moses was from the Redeemer Himself. So, I say that to say: why would the Word of God contradict itself, and set up for a foundation obedience, and then smash that foundation to revamp the purpose? A house divided cannot stand, the Word of God Himself told us to be Perfect like His Father; we know perfection comes from - at base - a loving relationship with the Most High God that does not force obedience, but compels perfect obedience because of the love relationship. Blameless.

In other words, the Word of God is the same as He was when He spoke to Noah, and told him to give His Laws (not Moses' laws) to the Hebrews.
And what is that "law", or "command", or "literal word of the Most High God" that is from and was in the beginning with God, in one word...?

And is what we are supposed to "obey"...?

That fills and fulfills any and all other commands, (in their due time and season), and is the "only way to God"...?

Can you tell me what it is...?

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Kaon

Mar 12, 2018
Los Angeles
✟111,507.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate
And what is that "law", or "command", or "literal word of the Most High God" that is from and was in the beginning with God, in one word...?

The Literal Word of the Most High God is the One called Jesus - the Redeemer of all mankind. He is... from the beginning and was with God.

All of the so-called Mosaic Law is from the Word of God Himself - which is why it isn't the "Law of Moses," it is the Law of the Most High God - given to the Hebrews by the Redeemer Himself.

And is what we are supposed to "obey"...?

That fills and fulfills any and all other commands, (in their due time and season), and is the "only way to God"...?

Can you tell me what it is...?

God Bless!

If we love the Most High God, we will keep His commandments. The Redeemer is God in the flesh. Then, the commandments we should follow are the commandments of the Most High God. Why did the Redeemer say follow only two rules? Because He specifically said that all of the Law falls on them: He was being succinct.

If you love God with all of our heart, mind and spirit, then we will follow the commandments He set up for us. That is as basic as saying a child that loves his/her parents will obey their parents' rules.

If you love your fellow man as you love yourself - that will be a bit tricky. First, you have to love yourself. If we don't understand how magnificent we are, then we will likely let ourselves be diminished - often by other imperfect humans. This further diminishes our relationships with others, and ultimately warps our sense of unity with each other. But, if you love yourself you will obey all of the cultural and social rules set up by the Most High God. This is as basic as saying if you love yourself you will not murder your brother, or covet his belongings. You won't burn down his city because you don't like him. You wont throw him into a well and lead him into slavery. You won't be a polygamist, because you will want to love your partner with the same devotion you expect.

It was already told to us that the words of the Word of God Himself are so numerous that the world would not be able to contain the books of His written word.

• Winner
Reactions: FineLinen
Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟952,787.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
The Literal Word of the Most High God is the One called Jesus - the Redeemer of all mankind. He is... from the beginning and was with God.

All of the so-called Mosaic Law is from the Word of God Himself - which is why it isn't the "Law of Moses," it is the Law of the Most High God - given to the Hebrews by the Redeemer Himself.

If we love the Most High God, we will keep His commandments. The Redeemer is God in the flesh. Then, the commandments we should follow are the commandments of the Most High God. Why did the Redeemer say follow only two rules? Because He specifically said that all of the Law falls on them: He was being succinct.

If you love God with all of our heart, mind and spirit, then we will follow the commandments He set up for us. That is as basic as saying a child that loves his/her parents will obey their parents' rules.

If you love your fellow man as you love yourself - that will be a bit tricky. First, you have to love yourself. If we don't understand how magnificent we are, then we will likely let ourselves be diminished - often by other imperfect humans. This further diminishes our relationships with others, and ultimately warps our sense of unity with each other. But, if you love yourself you will obey all of the cultural and social rules set up by the Most High God. This is as basic as saying if you love yourself you will not murder your brother, or covet his belongings. You won't burn down his city because you don't like him. You wont throw him into a well and lead him into slavery. You won't be a polygamist, because you will want to love your partner with the same devotion you expect.

It was already told to us that the words of the Word of God Himself are so numerous that the world would not be able to contain the books of His written word.
You could have just answered the question and said "Love" and I would have known what you meant...

His command, commandments are Love, which is the only sure fire way to, in time, purge one of, hopefully and if possible, all sin, but at least some or much of it, and any other way is not the way of Jesus or Yeshua or the Messiah...

But, anyway,

God Bless You!

Upvote 0

Kaon

Mar 12, 2018
Los Angeles
✟111,507.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate
You could have just answered the question and said "Love" and I would have known what you meant...

I did not do that, precisely because people mix up "love" with passive emotion. That is not what the Most High God describes as love (in the way humans romanticize it). I meant every word I said before.

His command, commandments are Love, which is the only sure fire way to, in time, purge one of, hopefully and if possible, all sin, but at least some or much of it, and any other way is not the way of Jesus or Yeshua or the Messiah...

But, anyway,

God Bless You!

You cannot know how to love if you don't know what it takes to be Perfect in Love - which is what the Redeemer is. The Redeemer is the Word of the Most High God, and He followed every single commandment put forth by His Father as Son of Man - because technically He was that word. If you love Him, you keep His commandments. He is the Word of God - which contains all of the Laws of the Most High God.

But, the Word of God is more than laws; that is the basis of our beginning of reverence for the Most High God. The Law of Moses is not the Law of Moses; it is the Law of the Most High God given to Moses by the Redeemer/Christ. Therefore, it isn't simply the rules for Hebrews: the Law is the Law for any entity that is a child of the Most High God - and it is the most basic form of spiritual standards.

• Friendly
Reactions: Neogaia777
Upvote 0

Kaon

Mar 12, 2018
Los Angeles
✟111,507.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate

But, anyway,

God Bless You!

Even if we disagree, I am not talking AT you or arguing WITH you.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟952,787.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
I did not do that, precisely because people mix up "love" with passive emotion. That is not what the Most High God describes as love (in the way humans romanticize it). I meant every word I said before.

I agree some do do that, but I am not among them though... The greatest Love will be shown in actions (and words), (word and deed(s) scripture says) not (just) emotions and/or feelings...

You cannot know how to love if you don't know what it takes to be Perfect in Love - which is what the Redeemer is. The Redeemer is the Word of the Most High God, and He followed every single commandment put forth by His Father as Son of Man - because technically He was that word. If you love Him, you keep His commandments. He is the Word of God - which contains all of the Laws of the Most High God.

But, the Word of God is more than laws; that is the basis of our beginning of reverence for the Most High God. The Law of Moses is not the Law of Moses; it is the Law of the Most High God given to Moses by the Redeemer/Christ. Therefore, it isn't simply the rules for Hebrews: the Law is the Law for any entity that is a child of the Most High God - and it is the most basic form of spiritual standards.

I'm having a little bit of difficulty understanding you, and I don't want to get it or you wrong, so...?

God Bless You Anyway!

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Kaon

Mar 12, 2018
Los Angeles
✟111,507.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate
I agree some do do that, but I am not among them though... The greatest Love will be shown in actions, not (just) emotions and/or feelings...

I'm having a little bit of difficulty understanding you, and I don't want to get it or you wrong, so...?

God Bless You Anyway!

God Bless!

What do you mean? Which part?

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟952,787.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
What do you mean? Which part?
You speak of the Law of Moses, God's commands or commandments, ect, and I'm trying to figure out if your a "Law and Works person", or a "Grace and Faith person" basically, I guess you could say...? And either way, or in either case, how you are tying that to Love...?

God Bless!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Kaon

Mar 12, 2018
Los Angeles
✟111,507.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate
You speak of the Law of Moses, God's commands or commandments, ect, and I'm trying to figure out if your a "Law and Works person", or a "Grace and Faith person" basically, I guess you could say...? And either way, or in either case, how you are tying that to Love...?

God Bless!

Law of Moses ≠ Law from Moses - in other words, the argument that "we are not under the law of Moses" is dangerous, because the human Moses was never an arbiter of the Law. So, it is not his law to give and appoint. In fact, the "Law of Moses" is the Law of the Most High God given to Moses by the Word of God Himself.

With that, it is dangerous to say we have a quanta of amelioration from that law - especially under the context that we can disqualify our responsibility to it because it was from Moses. The Most High God established the Law for whomever wants to be His people.

The only authority(ies) on the Law is the Most High God/Word of God Himself.

Faith without works is dead. To extrapolate this to a metaphor of which we should be familiar, a child can claim to have faith in the strength of the parents' laws (for protection and love), but the child can still behave as if s/he doesn't actually believe the rules are useful, or of merit. No one "breaking of a rule" would separate a child from his/her parents, but continuous ignorance of the strength and importance of their rules (and the ambivalence to obedience) will cause the parents to estrange themselves. Or, the child will estrange his/herself from the parents through his/her actions. We can claim to love the Most High God all we want, but unless we are willing to be obedient because we love Him, we are speaking vanities.

I do believe we have grace, but that grace is extended to us to 1) give us a Comforter, and 2) compel us to come to Him in obedience and love without fear of damnation, or without feeling forced. We all deserve to die right now; instead, we have an Advocate for us.

Love is not passive, but does include passivity. We should be behaving as children, with the Most High God as our Father, and the Redeemer as our big brother. Would you dare to disobey your father, and then tell him you did it because your big brother was able to follow his rules perfectly? We have the luxury to "mess up" and repent for our mistakes - a luxury not even afforded to the angels. Obedience is nothing to ask in return; even then, the Most High God is willing to work with us to refine us to perfection if we show we want that. But, to be perfect, you have to 100% follow the Word of God Himself.

• Friendly
Reactions: Neogaia777
Upvote 0