That sneaky O.J. Must have done something. Didn't he?

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I noticed this article and could not figure out what OJ has to do with the actual story. Journalism at its finest. Perhaps if Barrack Obama does a guest lecture at Harvard the Free Beacon will picture him alongside Ted Kaczynski with the headline "Unabomber's alma mater to host lecture by EX President"?

O.J. Simpson's Alma Mater to Host Panel Discussion with Founder of Scandal-Plagued Lincoln Project - Washington Free Beacon

The quality of a story is indicated by it's advertising.

Reactions: Jimmy D
Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟557,692.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I noticed this article and could not figure out what OJ has to do with the actual story. Journalism at its finest. Perhaps if Barrack Obama does a guest lecture at Harvard the Free Beacon will picture him alongside Ted Kaczynski with the headline "Unabomber's alma mater to host lecture by EX President"?

O.J. Simpson's Alma Mater to Host Panel Discussion with Founder of Scandal-Plagued Lincoln Project - Washington Free Beacon

Sounds like a good reason to not cite right-wing rags like the Beacon.

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,108,968.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Sounds like a good reason to not cite right-wing rags like the Beacon.

I rarely cite any media source to buttress an argument as if they were factually accurate. They all have a narrative they would like to peddle. One must read or listen carefully to pick out the few nuggets of actual information in among the unverified accusations and claims along with the spin and speculation.

If you are at all interested in what I do when I pick up an article or or listen to a news broadcast read what I put below. If not don't bother. Sometimes I go on and on about things that don't interest others just so I can examine my own thinking.

One is wise to uncover what it is that the author(s) want one to think and then ferret out how they are trying to manipulate one into thinking it. Once that is known one can then make up one's own mind about how much reality is included in the article or broadcast. Take just the headline of the article I included. What are facts that are included in that headline? We are told that there is going to be a panel discussion at an alma mater of OJ Simpson's and that a person unknown is going to be part of it and that that unknown person was a founder of something called the Lincoln Project. Then we are told that this Lincoln Project was scandal ridden. That last part is probably somewhat, but not necessarily entirely, factual. I would have to research it further to find out whether it is accurate from my perspective to consider it scandal ridden or hyperbolic to say so. That depends upon the subjective understanding of the term. For me, scandal ridden means that the whole thing was rife with numerous scandals. There would have to be several scandals. For someone else one scandal might be all it takes. Why did the author say OJ Simpson's alma mater and not USC? Why include a picture of OJ Simpson next to the person the article is actually about since OJ Simpson has nothing to do with any of the things in the article at all? What is the author trying to make me think? Why mention scandal when there is no evidence presented in the article that the person had any personal involvement in that scandal? Obviously, after seeing the headline, I am suppose to start reading with the preconceived idea that this is a very bad fellow. Perhaps as bad as a double murderer? I never really took that much time to analyze the article I just went over it to find out whether OJ Simpson was ever part of the story or if the guy participating in the panel discussion was part of the scandal. Neither seemed to be the case.

Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

Aryeh Jay

Gone and hopefully forgotten.
Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟498,144.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Further along in the Gettysburgh Address, past where most people stop memorizing it, I believe Lincoln says "if the glove doesnt fit, you must acquit."

I believe that if OJ was convicted, we would not be hearing so much about the Kardashian family. It is funny, but I am convinced that Johnny Cochrane's and Lincoln's famous words set the stage for Katelyn Jenner 20 years later.

Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟432,660.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I believe that if OJ was convicted, we would not be hearing so much about the Kardashian family. It is funny, but I am convinced that Johnny Cochrane's and Lincoln's famous words set the stage for Katelyn Jenner 20 years later.
Totally.

And look! Its US Grant Lincoln's top general on a.... white bronco!

ny-1545062567-04qr4bqzkq-snap-image

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status