✟192,961.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
282464_d68ec375c0eb93990af086acb22c82ce.jpg

A daily prayer that "God will keep His servants from willful sins; may they not rule over us." (Psalms 19:13)

Father in Heaven, You sent Your only Begotten Son to become flesh. He walked among us teaching and preaching to all who had ears and would listen. He is perfect in every truth, in every way, and in every light. From the beginning His very Word is truth. He is sinless. He is the perfect man, the only man whom can ever make that claim. He died a brutal death, was bruised and hung on a cross, mocked by man, that we may have salvation through the power of the Blood of the Lamb. Jesus Christ was the atonement for the entirety of man's sin in this world. Our gratitude and thanks is insufficient to bear that burden. O Lord my God, it is only through Your great mercies and grace that we may receive such a gift. I put my faith, love, and trust in God and pray that while my flesh is in this world that sin does not rule over me. I also pray the same for my brethren in Christ that in the end we will pass through the narrow gate. Glory to God. Amen

The Heavens Declare the Glory of God...

Reactions: nChrist

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I believe just about all sins are willful if you stop and think about it.
Not really. The words in both OT Hebrew and NT Greek are archery terms that mean you miss the mark. Which means you have to be aiming at the proper action or attitude but could not hit it.

• Informative
Reactions: Emli
Upvote 0

Emli

Growing daughter of God
Site Supporter
Mar 2, 2017
Sweden
✟208,889.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Not really. The words in both OT Hebrew and NT Greek are archery terms that mean you miss the mark. Which means you have to be aiming at the proper action or attitude but could not hit it.
That is really interesting. Which words?

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,108,968.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I believe just about all sins are willful if you stop and think about it.
Psalm 19:13
presumptuous
Strong's Hebrew: 2086. זֵד (zed) -- insolent, presumptuous

Heb 10:26 For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,
wilfully
Strong's Greek: 1596. ἑκουσίως (hekousiós) -- voluntarily

Thayer's Greek Lexicon
STRONGS NT 1596: ἑκουσίως

ἑκουσίως, adverb (from Euripides down), voluntarily, willingly, of one's own accord: Hebrews 10:26 (ἑκουσίως ἁμαρτάνειν (A. V. to sin willfully) is tacitly opposed to sins committed inconsiderately, and from ignorance or from weakness); 1 Peter 5:2.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That is really interesting. Which words?
New Testament Greek ἁμαρτία hamartia "sin", is failure, being in error, missing the mark, ...

In the Hebrew chait (sin) is more properly translated as "Off target," "not reaching the mark," "mistake," and "unintentional."

• Informative
Upvote 0

Dave-W

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Emli

Growing daughter of God
Site Supporter
Mar 2, 2017
Sweden
✟208,889.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
New Testament Greek ἁμαρτία hamartia "sin", is failure, being in error, missing the mark, ...

In the Hebrew chait (sin) is more properly translated as "Off target," "not reaching the mark," "mistake," and "unintentional."
Thank you. :) It is very interesting. I love studying the original languages, it gives us way better understanding of God. :)

• Agree
Reactions: Dave-W
Upvote 0

Dave-W

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Thank you. :) It is very interesting. I love studying the original languages, it gives us way better understanding of God. :)
Of course. But be careful of "christian" interpretations of the original languages. There is always a bias, a skew toward certain doctrinal stances, rather than an honest assessment of how a word was used in the original setting.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Dave-W

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I believe all sins are presumptuous if you stop and think about it
You said that already - post #2.

How do you divide sins, transgressions, and iniquities?

In studying out the original words here is how I divide them out:

Sins = missing the mark; TRYING to obey but failing.
Transgressions = intentional disobedience.
Iniquities = trans-generational effects of sins and transgressions.

Upvote 0

Emli

Growing daughter of God
Site Supporter
Mar 2, 2017
Sweden
✟208,889.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Of course. But be careful of "christian" interpretations of the original languages. There is always a bias, a skew toward certain doctrinal stances, rather than an honest assessment of how a word was used in the original setting.
Thanks for the advice. I can imagine how that would happen. Bias is so common, and people are so stubborn.

But I will seek God for His interpretation. I think we all should. :)

• Agree
Reactions: Dave-W
Upvote 0

Blood Bought 1953

Ned Flander’s Buddy
Oct 21, 2017
Portsmouth
✟81,329.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You said that already - post #2.

How do you divide sins, transgressions, and iniquities?

In studying out the original words here is how I divide them out:

Sins = missing the mark; TRYING to obey but failing.
Transgressions = intentional disobedience.
Iniquities = trans-generational effects of sins and transgressions.

I see no need to divide these things.....they are all sin.....the Blood covers them all and that’s all I really care about......when I sin I do the same thing with them that God does—- I put them on the cross and leave them there.I face the possibility of an earthly chastisement to get back in line with Gods wishes.Having received the free gift of salvation,God remembers my sins no more as far as my eternal destiny is concerned.

Upvote 0

Pilgrim

Praying without ceasing
Mar 26, 2017
between the pages of the Bible.
Visit site
✟192,961.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thanks for the advice. I can imagine how that would happen. Bias is so common, and people are so stubborn.

But I will seek God for His interpretation. I think we all should. :)
Seeking God is always the right option. Amen.

• Agree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Pilgrim

Praying without ceasing
Mar 26, 2017
between the pages of the Bible.
Visit site
✟192,961.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Father in Heaven, You sent your only Begotten Son to become flesh. He walked among us teaching and preaching to all who had ears and would listen. He is perfect in every truth, in every way, and in every light. From the beginning His very Word is truth. He is sinless. He is the perfect man, the only man whom can ever make that claim. He died a brutal death, was bruised and hung on a cross, mocked by man, that we may have salvation through the power of the Blood of the Lamb.

Jesus the Christ was the atonement for the entirety of man's sin in this world. Our gratitude and thanks is insufficient to bear that burden. O Lord my God, it is only through Your great mercies and grace that we may receive such a gift. I put my faith, love, and trust in God and pray that while my flesh is in this world that sin does not rule over me. I also pray the same for my brethren in Christ that in the end we will pass through the narrow gate.

Please pray that "God will keep His servants from willful sins; may they not rule over us." (Psalms 19:13)
O Lord my God, hear our prayers. [Edited the original post]

Upvote 0